Guest-0235

Posted by an unregistered user
I purchased a Super Winch AtV 3000 in Dec 09.. My new machine 100 Kms. had only 100 kms when the transmission went on it. Consequently I didn't hook up the AtVv 3000 untill this spring. I now have 205 Kms. on it and a failed attempt at an ATV 2000 super winch which I threw in the bush. In the last two weeks I have had to pull two of my friend out with this ATV 3000. on the second try I did not sucseed. The wire rope came out because someone at the factory forgot to tighten the set screw properly on the wire rope . I had the winch installed by an authorized dealer of my particular AtV. After replacingthe tow wire back in I tightened the set screw properly and Tried to rewind the spool . Seems like the motor is seized. I returned it to your store where I purchased it and the mounting unit for it and I was told that yes. December the 10th 2009 a winch like mine was sold (the only) one in the store when I was there. But since it was purchased more than a month ago. super winch was responsible for the repair. They sold it to me and I don't really care who makes it I wanted a replacement winch. They said no way. Well ten they wanted a reciept. I paid cash for both the winch and the atv mount. I did not have a reciept. Now they tell me I'm out of luck. Well. I bought the winch from them, as far as I am concerned they should be responsible for the faciltating of the repair of goods they sold.
What ever happened to customer satisfaction? shelf it ,sell it and leave the customer hanging. The previous winch a atv 2000, the one i bought before December 09, I threw away because it also broke down. Poor quality seems to be the way Canadian tire wants to go and as long as they have your money the heck with the rest.
I buy any service and part I can at Canadian Tire this incident has caused me stop and reflect for $600 I could have had a Warn winch.
Instead i have 2 winches that both failed the test. Pause and time to reconsider my place of where I take my Business. very dissappointed. Maybe I will go to the comeptitor and spend the money on a good winch.
sincerely Pete. bugera
pete.bugera@yahoo. com
1-204-429-2283

Guest-0205

I purchased a Super Winch AtV 3000 in Dec 09.. My new machine 100 Kms. had only 100 kms when the transmission went on it. Consequently I didn't hook up the AtVv 3000 untill this spring. I now have 205 Kms. on it and a failed attempt at an ATV 2000 super winch which I threw in the bush. In the last two weeks I have had to pull two of my friend out with this ATV 3000. on the second try I did not sucseed. The wire rope came out because someone at the factory forgot to tighten the set screw properly on the wire rope . I had the winch installed by an authorized dealer of my particular AtV. After replacingthe tow wire back in I tightened the set screw properly and Tried to rewind the spool . Seems like the motor is seized. I returned it to your store where I purchased it and the mounting unit for it and I was told that yes. December the 10th 2009 a winch like mine was sold (the only) one in the store when I was there. But since it was purchased more than a month ago. super winch was responsible for the repair. They sold it to me and I don't really care who makes it I wanted a replacement winch. They said no way. Well ten they wanted a reciept. I paid cash for both the winch and the atv mount. I did not have a reciept. Now they tell me I'm out of luck. Well. I bought the winch from them, as far as I am concerned they should be responsible for the faciltating of the repair of goods they sold.
What ever happened to customer satisfaction? shelf it ,sell it and leave the customer hanging. The previous winch a atv 2000, the one i bought before December 09, I threw away because it also broke down. Poor quality seems to be the way Canadian tire wants to go and as long as they have your money the heck with the rest.
I buy any service and part I can at Canadian Tire this incident has caused me stop and reflect for $600 I could have had a Warn winch.
Instead i have 2 winches that both failed the test. Pause and time to reconsider my place of where I take my Business. very dissappointed. Maybe I will go to the comeptitor and spend the money on a good winch.
sincerely Pete. bugera
pete.bugera@yahoo. com
1-204-429-2283
you have no receipt, the item is used and it was 5 months ago which is past the return policy anyway. oh and plus you cant spell and have no grammer abilities.

CT_MANAGER

In order to do ANY return of any kind there must be proof of purchase. Receipts are printed for a reason and if you don't keep your receipt then why blame the store for your negligence?

Guest-0239

sincerely Pete. bugera
pete.bugera@yahoo. com
1-204-429-2283

its 2010 you get what you pay for no matter what store you go too if you pay cheap it will be cheap if you know you were going to be getting stuck you should not of cheap out when bought quad whats an extra $600 on a 7G plus quad its your own fault every way you look at it sorry but it is what it is next time do your homework those winches are good for small jobs and when they say 3000lbs think level pavement and pulling quad with winch thats a good work load for it and last for ever

Guest-0196

you have no receipt, the item is used and it was 5 months ago which is past the return policy anyway. oh and plus you cant spell and have no grammer abilities.

Oh, this is rich! A guy who can't capitalize at the beginning of his sentences and spells grammar as "grammer".
Hey pot, this is the kettle calling!

Guest-0205

Oh, this is rich! A guy who can't capitalize at the beginning of his sentences and spells grammar as "grammer".
Hey pot, this is the kettle calling!

lol have to agree with you on that one but then again, pointing out spelling errors instead of answering is still a cop out.

Guest-0220

lol have to agree with you on that one but then again, pointing out spelling errors instead of answering is still a cop out.

Ok...i've had enough of the moronic "customers" of any store that think they can waltz in to a store and ask for a refund even though they don't have any proof of purchase. 1. if you choose not to keep your receipt, then expect that you will get a hassle...c'mon...common sense.....you are probably in and out in 3 minutes if you follow the rules and bring your receipt. 2. Understand what a warranty is....it is for manufacturer's defects only!! It's not a free pass for not understanding how your product works, trying it out to see if you like it, or beating the crap out of it. Do you think manufacturers are stupid? They know your type, they have warrantys to protect them from idiots! I work retail, and if it is truly a defect, then no problem....new one or money back (but just in case, we might test out the product to make sure we aren't dealing with a moron). Most of the complaints on this site are from people that have no idea how retail, warrantys, or even common sense work....get an ef'ing life and learn how you...the consumer....can solve ALL your problems before you expect the world to owe you one for your incompetence.

CT_MANAGER

Ok...i've had enough of the moronic "customers" of any store that think they can waltz in to a store and ask for a refund even though they don't have any proof of purchase. 1. if you choose not to keep your receipt, then expect that you will get a hassle...c'mon...common sense.....you are probably in and out in 3 minutes if you follow the rules and bring your receipt. 2. Understand what a warranty is....it is for manufacturer's defects only!! It's not a free pass for not understanding how your product works, trying it out to see if you like it, or beating the crap out of it. Do you think manufacturers are stupid? They know your type, they have warrantys to protect them from idiots! I work retail, and if it is truly a defect, then no problem....new one or money back (but just in case, we might test out the product to make sure we aren't dealing with a moron). Most of the complaints on this site are from people that have no idea how retail, warrantys, or even common sense work....get an ef'ing life and learn how you...the consumer....can solve ALL your problems before you expect the world to owe you one for your incompetence.

I honestly find in my store anyways, that most customers don't seem to understand what a Manufacturer defect is.. There seems to be a very misunderstood judgment on what it actually means. I find MOST returns that are "defective" are in fact due to the fault of the customer whether it be using the product for not what it's intended-for, or misusing the product.

Examples: Customer using a regular socket and socket wrench to open a VERY tight socket (instead of using a breaker bar), or removing their lugnuts with it and SNAPS the pieces off.. They are then brought back as being DEFECTIVE.. This is not a defective product.

Another example: 3 years later your faucet is showing some leaking.. A customer attempts to get it returned or replaced due to it being defective. Again this is NOT defective, this is regular wear and tear.

Yet again, customer buys an inflatable bed and 2 years later they return it because it's leaking. I'm sorry but this again is NOT a defect.

Breaking a drill bit is usually NOT a defect. Usually it's either due to lack of cutting oil, drilling into something too hard for the bit, applying too much force rather than letting the bit do the cutting, drilling on a angle, or just simply not knowing how to properly and safely use it.

A manufacturer defect is those products in which there is just that, a DEFECT IN THE MANUFACTURING OF THE PRODUCT. It's very unlikely a defect will show itself 3 years down the road. Might as well take your new car back to the dealer 3 years later for a tire replacement because your tires are worn down... This is not a defect.

When products are misused, show regular wear and tear, or you accidentally ended up dropping your drill in your swimming pool.. these are not considered defective.

And customers wonder why manufacturers can be VERY strict with returns of their products.

Guest-0205

I honestly find in my store anyways, that most customers don't seem to understand what a Manufacturer defect is.. There seems to be a very misunderstood judgment on what it actually means. I find MOST returns that are "defective" are in fact due to the fault of the customer whether it be using the product for not what it's intended-for, or misusing the product.

Examples: Customer using a regular socket and socket wrench to open a VERY tight socket (instead of using a breaker bar), or removing their lugnuts with it and SNAPS the pieces off.. They are then brought back as being DEFECTIVE.. This is not a defective product.

Another example: 3 years later your faucet is showing some leaking.. A customer attempts to get it returned or replaced due to it being defective. Again this is NOT defective, this is regular wear and tear.

Yet again, customer buys an inflatable bed and 2 years later they return it because it's leaking. I'm sorry but this again is NOT a defect.

Breaking a drill bit is usually NOT a defect. Usually it's either due to lack of cutting oil, drilling into something too hard for the bit, applying too much force rather than letting the bit do the cutting, drilling on a angle, or just simply not knowing how to properly and safely use it.

A manufacturer defect is those products in which there is just that, a DEFECT IN THE MANUFACTURING OF THE PRODUCT. It's very unlikely a defect will show itself 3 years down the road. Might as well take your new car back to the dealer 3 years later for a tire replacement because your tires are worn down... This is not a defect.

When products are misused, show regular wear and tear, or you accidentally ended up dropping your drill in your swimming pool.. these are not considered defective.

And customers wonder why manufacturers can be VERY strict with returns of their products.

Most people/customers seem to have the notion that becasue they buy something they are intitled to the world. I completely agree with you, customers either dont realize or dont care when its there own fault their item is broken. A good example is yesterday a customer tried to return brake shoes (purchased in 2008) completely soaked in oil (i mean it looked like the brake parts, box and receipt had been submerged in oil), so the cashier called a manager because he refused to take no for an answer. When i arrived i gave the customer time to explain, he had bought the part 2 years ago and just gone to install them and the shop he had taken them too refused to install them because they were soaked in oil. He admited that he had been the one to soak them but it didnt matter becasue we HAD to stand behind our product. I explained to him that he had ruined his own product and i would not return them, not only was it NOT a manufacturer defect but it was still over a year and a half past the return policy even being a consideration. He then said well just exchange them then, and told me the company should have to eat the cost and not him!! Again i said no and he called me everything he could think of, why do people think stores should have to pay the price for their own mistakes?

CT_MANAGER

Very true. And how about when tape measures are brought back, the tape itself is completely Rusted, nearly impossible to read, Scrapped up and well basically looking like it was picked out of the garbage or found in a dirty back alley.. There is an attempt to return it claiming it's defective.

Either that or hose nozzles being returned after the handle breaks but is clearly been abused. The end of the nozzle is very scrapped up, cracked, worn and is obviously been dropped repeatedly on the ground. One must realize that dropping a piece of plastic on cement from 4-5 feet will not last very long.

It just seems people now a days have taken advantage of the return system so much that they don't care to even take care of the products they buy. I get batteries being returned as defective under warranty and the battery has been clearly abused. The casing is bulging out, so much corrosive material on the terminals that you can barely see the metal posts, there is rust and oil stains all over the battery labels. When I refuse to accept it as it is clearly voided of all warranty due to abuse, I too am called everything in the book (somethings I wonder if I should have a slang thesaurus with me that I could hand them because they run out of unique things to say) they absolutely refuse to accept the denial of their warranty. Even when you show them in writing on their own warranty that they have been holding onto for 2 years.

CT_MANAGER

It's like ANYTHING; If you don't take care of it, it will not last as long as it should under normal circumstances, or work in the most efficient way it is capable of. Whether it be your house, your yard, your car, your clothing, your teeth.. Everything HAS to be taken care of.. Think about the next time you are going to use your tool, or drive your car.. Are you going to use it in the way it was intended, correctly, safely.. And have you maintained your car, your yard.. Are you trying to open an extremely tight wrench a larger nut with a 1/4" ratchet (putting strain on the SMALL 1/4" fitting? or are you thinking and using a larger 3/8 or 1/2" to perform the job safely.. Less breakage, less stress, less bloody knuckles..

CT_MANAGER

Doing this will likely help relieve the time and stress of coming down to a store to be "harassed" (as some customers seem to put it) having to do a return. Of course there are manufacture defects but this is so very seldom and I find usually more along the line of either misuse, abuse, or regular wear and tear that you could likely save a LOT of time and effort to think before you do something..

Buying a 2-cycle weedeater and not knowing how to properly fill the gas tank (you don't just pour in any amount of oil in it) and thinking the unit is defective because you can't get it to run.. Or can't pull the string to start after you poured oil inside the spark plug cavity without measuring the units is NOT a defect in most cases.. A quick look in the instructions would point out that the culprit is usually too much oil in the gas tank, or too much oil in the spark plug cavity..

CT_MANAGER

I could go on and on :)

Actually perhaps I will.. FYI: The next time you purchase a wetvac' be sure to actually look INSIDE the dust container itself as many times the hose, instructions, clips, and accessories are in there. I can easily say I must have have at least 10 people so far come in extremely angry having driven down from miles away because it was "defective" missing everything ("oh someone returned this because it's missing everything") only to have me ask if they opened the container and once again there is everything. Course it then ends up being an argument with me how cashiers are supposed to know this and tell the customers to use "common sense" and look everywhere before making an assumption.

Here is an excellent example: Just the other day we had a lady come in with a computer desk that she put together. The desk is entirely broken up (chipboard) after she claims she had put it together herself. She went to put the computer on it (while still unstable) and it completely collapsed breaking into pieces at the seams. I asked her if she followed all the instructions and she claimed she did, yes.

I then looked at the box and NONE of the locking clips were installed and even still in the bag. To put it bluntly, she screwed in the posts but not the LOCKS (you twist with a screwdriver to lock onto the clips) and of course there is nothing holding it together.

I refused to take it back as we could not possibly claim it as defective in the shape it was in nor is it in anyway the fault on the store, nor manufacturer but that of the customer. Unfortunately for her, I suppose this was a lesson learned on how to waste $200 in 1 hour. Instructions are there for a reason and so are receipts.

Please for the sake of EVERYONE including yourself, read them, keep them and take care of what you have or use. Less stress, less arguments, less complaining, headaches, and more time for yourself to do other things that you want to do in your life :)

Guest-0164

I could go on and on :)

Actually perhaps I will.. FYI: The next time you purchase a wetvac' be sure to actually look INSIDE the dust container itself as many times the hose, instructions, clips, and accessories are in there. I can easily say I must have have at least 10 people so far come in extremely angry having driven down from miles away because it was "defective" missing everything ("oh someone returned this because it's missing everything") only to have me ask if they opened the container and once again there is everything. Course it then ends up being an argument with me how cashiers are supposed to know this and tell the customers to use "common sense" and look everywhere before making an assumption.

Here is an excellent example: Just the other day we had a lady come in with a computer desk that she put together. The desk is entirely broken up (chipboard) after she claims she had put it together herself. She went to put the computer on it (while still unstable) and it completely collapsed breaking into pieces at the seams. I asked her if she followed all the instructions and she claimed she did, yes.

I then looked at the box and NONE of the locking clips were installed and even still in the bag. To put it bluntly, she screwed in the posts but not the LOCKS (you twist with a screwdriver to lock onto the clips) and of course there is nothing holding it together.

I refused to take it back as we could not possibly claim it as defective in the shape it was in nor is it in anyway the fault on the store, nor manufacturer but that of the customer. Unfortunately for her, I suppose this was a lesson learned on how to waste $200 in 1 hour. Instructions are there for a reason and so are receipts.

Please for the sake of EVERYONE including yourself, read them, keep them and take care of what you have or use. Less stress, less arguments, less complaining, headaches, and more time for yourself to do other things that you want to do in your life :)

Lol i had a guy today call customer relations becasue i refused to warranty his car battery, he had no paperwork, admited he wasn't the original owner and the battery half of the warranty sticker was gone and the battery had bright orange paint on the top. The same orange paint we use to mark the batteries in our scrap battery bin in our garbage compound. However, even though this customer didn't pay for the battery, even though neither he nor the battery had any of the required documents and even though it appeared this battery was a previous warrantied battery the was stolen from us in the first place!!!! The customer demanded I give him a new one becasue it was a ct battery.

Guest-0196

Why don't you two engage in a circle jerk together, since it would likely be less intimate than all the mutual back slapping you're currently undergoing.
When done, you can open up a new enterprise called "Customers Suck". Oh wait, I think Canadian Tire has a copyright on that one.

CT_MANAGER

I find it interesting how this is a website that is clearly made to "back slap" a company and this entire website is full of "Back slapping" yet when all I do it spend the time to try and help point out some common sense, and support, *I* am considered a "jerk"?

Perhaps you could point out what exactly I said was incorrect?