Guest-0243

Posted by an unregistered user
I posted this thread in LOCATION section before, I will post it here again because I feel it is a personal story.

My experience with CT in general Sucks. This is the worst Brand Name store I have ever shopped at. A few years ago, I purchased a pair of tire chains, then only find out it was the wrong size they recommended to me. I had to buy another pair in different location. Tried to return the wrong pair in the original purchase place after 3 days, they refuse to do so. I called the store next day to speak to a general manager, she was rude and didn't really care. When I told her that I wasn't satisfied with my experience, she just told me to complain to head office in Toronto. As I did, I found out when she didn't care. The head office just kicked the ball back to that store and stated that they had no control of individual stores because they are franchise owned. I also filed a complaint to BBB, and guest what? Same result. So I had to stuck with a pair of tire chains, End of the first story.

Two weeks ago, I bought a powered screw driver for $10, used a few times, didn't really like the performance and decided to return it. I went to the store on No.3 road in Richmond (it wasn't the store where I purchased item from). As soon as the customer service rep saw the receipt, her attitude changed 180 degrees. First she mentioned the item wasn't purchased here. After I pointed out at back of the receipt(saying that you can return item in any store), she then saying that I can only exchange it because it was been used. I told her I was really in a hurry that I will buy it next time, and I just need my money back now, she said she can't do it. I then told her to call for a manager. After another wait, a manager came, but she was on the phone, so I had to wait again. She was nice enough to let me return it, but the the customer service rep went helping another customer. Another wait, by now, I was really pissed off. When she finally began doing he return for me, I was already really late for another apportionment. Then she began to ask my personal information without a proper explanation, I just couldn't hold it anymore. I shout "I just need someone for a help please". The store manager came, instead of a simple apology and finish the return for me, he started to accuse me disturbing other customers and saying he would call police to put me in jail. I just didn't have the time to fight with him, so I left store.
If any of you ask me if I will ever shop at CT again, I will tell you HELL NO. I will not only stop shopping at any CT anymore, I will also make sure all my family members never step a foot into any CT again. And I will highly recommend all my friends, and YOU, not to spend your money there.

Guest-0205

I posted this thread in LOCATION section before, I will post it here again because I feel it is a personal story.

My experience with CT in general Sucks. This is the worst Brand Name store I have ever shopped at. A few years ago, I purchased a pair of tire chains, then only find out it was the wrong size they recommended to me. I had to buy another pair in different location. Tried to return the wrong pair in the original purchase place after 3 days, they refuse to do so. I called the store next day to speak to a general manager, she was rude and didn't really care. When I told her that I wasn't satisfied with my experience, she just told me to complain to head office in Toronto. As I did, I found out when she didn't care. The head office just kicked the ball back to that store and stated that they had no control of individual stores because they are franchise owned. I also filed a complaint to BBB, and guest what? Same result. So I had to stuck with a pair of tire chains, End of the first story.

Two weeks ago, I bought a powered screw driver for $10, used a few times, didn't really like the performance and decided to return it. I went to the store on No.3 road in Richmond (it wasn't the store where I purchased item from). As soon as the customer service rep saw the receipt, her attitude changed 180 degrees. First she mentioned the item wasn't purchased here. After I pointed out at back of the receipt(saying that you can return item in any store), she then saying that I can only exchange it because it was been used. I told her I was really in a hurry that I will buy it next time, and I just need my money back now, she said she can't do it. I then told her to call for a manager. After another wait, a manager came, but she was on the phone, so I had to wait again. She was nice enough to let me return it, but the the customer service rep went helping another customer. Another wait, by now, I was really pissed off. When she finally began doing he return for me, I was already really late for another apportionment. Then she began to ask my personal information without a proper explanation, I just couldn't hold it anymore. I shout "I just need someone for a help please". The store manager came, instead of a simple apology and finish the return for me, he started to accuse me disturbing other customers and saying he would call police to put me in jail. I just didn't have the time to fight with him, so I left store.
If any of you ask me if I will ever shop at CT again, I will tell you HELL NO. I will not only stop shopping at any CT anymore, I will also make sure all my family members never step a foot into any CT again. And I will highly recommend all my friends, and YOU, not to spend your money there.

wow another made up story, whats an apportionment?

CT_MANAGER

In regards to the tire chains, Before you purchased the chains you would have already known there is NO refunds no matter what. In regards to the screwdriver. This seems like there is something missing. There is a way to return the item if used and not satisfaction has been made on the performance of the product (to a degree) called a "Customer Satisfaction" return. There would be a reason which you seem to not be mentioning as to why there would be such a hassle.

What is the product number of this screwdriver?

Guest-0164

1) Tire Chains are Non returnable and you are informed of this at time of purchase, your receipt is also printing on a disclamer pamphlet and everyone gets one (the tills are programs to request it when the purchase is done). Why would you not exchange them (which you are allowed to do as per what the pamphlet says), why would you buy a second pair? Neither the store, CT corp or the BBB felt you were intitled to the return that alone should say something. I realize the tire chain policy can be inconveint but people use CT as a rental service ( piticularly with tire chains) and there is no way for us to sell chains without it.

2) Not sure what power screw driver you are talking about for 10 bucks, but guess what.... a good non powered screw driver will cost more than 10 bucks. This is another example of you get what you pay for, you knew it wasnt the best of quality when you bought it. The return policy is 90 days UNOPENED and in the ORIGINAL condition, once you use it you have taken the responsibility of owning it.

3) You complain about the customer service rep and how much you had to wait, im sure this is exagurated for starters and second she was doing her job. You complain about the wait... how about the people behind you in line seeing a guy cause a scene and make a fuss. They had to wait while you demanded a return (that didnt follow the guide lines of a return becasue it had been used), then hold up the line becasue you wanted a manager and wait becasue you got bitchy when they asked for your phone number with out proper explination? Giving every customer a disclaimer about why we ask for a phone number for returns would not speed up the process.

4) People do not threaten to call the police on a whim, if it got to that point it would have been becasue you are a real asshole. You story paints a picture of a bitchy customer who treated all the staff he came into contact with like shit, is using CT as a rental service, went out of his way to casue hassel for the store, thinks CT owes him the world because he bought a $10 item (which he returned) and basically is just a tool.

C

canadian

I am sorry that you did not have great customer service at you local CT store. But if you remeber when you purchased your chains there were notes all around saying "24 hr Exchange only" also the cashier should have told you to try them on before tthe 24 hrs were up. It is the people out there that think they rent the chains out, so they buy them and not needing them then they return them, CT is not a renal store. Also not all CT stores have the type of customer service that you had to deal with so telling people not to shop there is the wrong answer. I am sorry that you had a bad experiance and hope that you decide to shop there again, I think that people all have bad experiances everywhere.