CTH8R

Great! Please post your reference material, so consumers can decide for themselves, if you are telling the truth on this one.

I'm guessing this will turn out like all the other bogus claims by CT-Me/Lawguy - a steamy pile of crap.

Remember how all retailers supposedly had 'the same damn repair only' return policy as Crappy Tire? That was thoroughly disproven.

Then there were claims that there weren't any products with "no warranty" - but even the Crappy People caved in on that one, eventually.

And of course the claim that CPA and SOGA don't apply to Crappy Tire. That was entertaining! There's a pretty long list of sources who say customers are entitled to a refund - but let's pretend there isn't, LOL!

Remember the claim that "the conviction rate is 100%" for returning old items with a new receipt? Still waiting for proof.

Then all the lies about Dick Smyth and Ellen Roseman ... not to mention lies about consumers who post here.

Yup, the list goes on and on.

I couldn't help notice that https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...y-do-ct-defenders-post-so-many-lies-here.html is about to reach the Top 10 "Most Viewed Threads".

That should tell us something about the reputation of Crappy People, both on this site and in the stores.

Don't forget to peruse the list of charges, convictions, investigations and lawsuits!

CT Challenger

Go find the information yourself.

So, no evidence at all to back your "best in the business" claim, huh?

No data on even ONE competitor?

Yet you claim to "already have" all the data on ALL the competitors?

Gee, what are you hiding, exactly?

Which are the ones that are better than yours?

Yup - sounds like a retraction, then.

When not just come out and say it: "Crappy Tire battery warranties aren't as good as their competitors".

TomB19

When not just come out and say it: "Crappy Tire battery warranties aren't as good as their competitors".

I purchased an Eliminator Ultra flat plate AGM last night, despite having read this thread a few days ago. I know this is an old thread but it was interesting to me so I will add my story to it.

I don't think CT's warranty is inferior to their competitors. It's a bad warranty. I am aware that, even with the proper paper work, I am unlikely to be granted a warranty claim without the encouragement of a small claims court judge.

The reason I am OK with that is because other warranties are just as bad. As best I can tell, the failure ratio of contemporary batteries is in the range of 50% in the first 3 years. Instead of fixing the batteries, retailers are dodging warranties.

It doesn't matter what battery you buy, it will have a high chance of failure. Almost all "new" batteries on any shelf is almost certain to have been recycled 6~15 times by now.

Odyssey builds batteries with new materials, and they are indeed excellent, but who wants to pay for an Odyssey?

The only thing I would slam C-T for is the sales staff robustly endorsing the 5 year full replacement warranty during the browse portion of the purchase and then explaining to me in a low voice that warranty claims will be void with a long shopping list of conditions, including low voltage. I made the clerk speak up so the rest of the line could hear the pre-sale and post-sale change of demeanor. That's pretty greasy but it was just one guy. He was annoyed that I made him test a brand new battery, although he did it, and he was annoyed that I asked him to speak up for the benefit of all; but he did that too.

The guy who started this thread should be delighted he has had 5 new batteries in 22 years. Good for you. You have milked the system. ... but it's hardly a travesty of justice that C-T wants to shake you from the tree. lol!

I'm not concerned about the warranty caveats. I will retain my documentation and if it comes down to it, and it probably will, I will take the matter to small claims court. I read the terms and conditions. I think I'm good there.

Any other vendor would be exactly the same thing.

The only thing I would say to C-T is that it is entirely greasy to loudly preach your 5 year full replacement warranty before purchase and then take an aggressive tone at the till warning customers to not claim for warranty no matter what happens. Yeah, I know people leave them dead, they freeze, and the average member of the public is as civilized as a barn animal but that doesn't make that sort of conduct any less greasy. C-T has been a pretty good company over the years. If you keep the pride and conduct yourselves properly, you will retain the loyalty of guys like me who think you may be a little bit rough around the edges but are a good company that we want to support.

Regards to all,

Tom in Regina

Cuda

Reply. I have lifetime warranty on auto battery, it was offered on Eliminator batterys, pay extra for lifetime warranty.. CT is suppose to replace eliminator battery with same or better battery, 985ca, 800cca, 115 reserve minutes, when customer brings battery back, without harassment. By transit bus Took 40# eliminator battery to a scarboro, Toronto CT store in- sept. 2021..battery manager refuses to give free battery, told Me you have to pay $100 extra, plus, u get no warranty. At store for 4 hours Refuse to give battery, had to take heavy old battery, back again. Manager. Will not allow me to use cust.service phone, told me to use pay phone outside.All pay phones taken out by bell. Prior sales staff use bait an switch trying to switch to low grade Motomaster battery, which lasts under 1,2 years. Manager said to take battery back to last store, the warrantys are good at any CT store. Because customer could be 100's miles away from last store. My standard size battery not available anymore, probably too many customers requested same eliminator battery,To run many cars. Did Retail Executives get suppliers to stop making x battery, to make consumers buy the defective motomaster product that lasts under1, 2 years.Ratings not same as my eliminator battery. Called CT complaint line, a few times spoke to female, who tells me there is no lifetime warranty, and You get no free battery. Even CT has customer service staff trained to Lie to all customers, to cancel all lifetime battery warranties, etc..
How CT runs there scam on lifetime battery warrantys.the
Staff are told to make errors in paperwork, putting in wrong information, serial numbers, product number, then telling customer it doesn't matter. Where next time
You bring bad battery back, you don't get battery/product because Paperwork is all errors, which cancels lifetime warranty. Use faded papers, removing id numbers.Or Bait and switch you into buying crappy lower grade motomaster batterys, which lasts under, 1,2 years!. Then each time you get all lowergrade battery.Trying to steal your lifetime warranty paperwork. Using LI as lifetime warranty. Hiding the better products in the back, discontinuing product, to make you buy motomaster product. Train Customer service staff lie to all consumers, 'There is no lifetime warranty. Have sale staff, make up false conditions verBally, to cancel all lifetime warrantys.
On batterys, tools etc. Retailers have fired many staff
For not scamming consumers. CT denies all scams, and then blames you the customer,.....
It's a big SCAM, the CT staff, executives don't care about ripping off the public customers.
Therefore you can be stuck 100+ miles from any CT store, with a defective battery. It's a big SCAM, and PUBLIC Cdn tire is making billions in revenue, and income increases year after year, by ripping off all customers who Already paid extra. CT stores are hiding there Eliminator batterys in the back, as they bait &switch you to buy there crap defective motomaster batterys on display. Retailer hold private sale staff meetings, on how to ripoff customers. Does Public know this.!!
A few years ago review sites never existed, public would never Know of the terrible services, Scams provided by Canadian Tire.