Guest-0278

Posted by an unregistered user
Bought a veichle from alberta and had to get it inspected at canadian tire. So i did that and while I was there I got them to change my oil and filter, BIG MISTAKE. The dimwhits there couldnt even find the oil filter and change it. I know this because they always put Motocrap oilfilters and air filters in all of them. So when I went to change my own oil the next time I had to remove the rock guard and all of the screws were rusted in and they broke so when i got it off it was a oil filter that they do not even supply there. So they charged me for a oil filter and didnt even chane it. So now I get my 15 year old son to do it. He is more intelegent then the crapytire wingnuts.

Guest-0164

Bought a veichle from alberta and had to get it inspected at canadian tire. So i did that and while I was there I got them to change my oil and filter, BIG MISTAKE. The dimwhits there couldnt even find the oil filter and change it. I know this because they always put Motocrap oilfilters and air filters in all of them. So when I went to change my own oil the next time I had to remove the rock guard and all of the screws were rusted in and they broke so when i got it off it was a oil filter that they do not even supply there. So they charged me for a oil filter and didnt even chane it. So now I get my 15 year old son to do it. He is more intelegent then the crapytire wingnuts.

go cry about it

Guest-0308

Well first of all those "Motocrap" oil and air filters are made by Fram which are pretty good quality. secondly Canadian Tire shops stock parts from other suppliers such as NAPA and dealerships so they dont have to send you somewhere else if they are out of the motocrap ones.

A

almost died

Auto Department sucks at everything

Margaret Phillips sued CT and won for a bad brake job that put her life in danger.

She brought in her car for a brake repair. After it was " repaired" her brakes failed at an intersection during a red light. She brought it in again and on the way home after the repair, her brakes failed again.

CT swore up and down that they did everything right and that it was Margaret who was at fault. She took it to another mechanic after the second incident who correctly diagnosed the problem and found all kinds of problems with CT's work. The judge was not convinced of CT's veracity to say the least.

Guest-0368

'intelegent'?..'dimwhit'?..'veichle'?..not to mention you elected to have them perform an oil change despite your claimed knowledge of the 'crappy' parts they use?.. 'nuff said.

dluk

Wanted an oil change and got so much more.

I have a story, I will post what I have now on hands, and update once more information is available.

My mother had her oil changed in CT. All good and well. She came there to get her brakes checked - there is transmission fluid contamination in the brake cylinder. We went to an official Toyota shop, and got a quote for over 5000$ in repair. The contamination basically destroys every single rubber O-ring and seal in the breaks. We went back to CT. The Auto Dept. manager looked at some papers, and brought us a list of what they did and said that they didn't add any fluid to the brakes, and that the brakes were fine when they checked them during the oil change. We haven't brought the car to any other place since the CT service. My mother is an accountant, and doesn't even know how to open the hood, let alone pour transmission fluid in. I am getting together all out stuff, talking to consumer agencies, etc, and will so far, it looks like a lawsuit is a strong possibility.

I will update as soon as I there is any development.

Angry CT Guy

Re: Wanted an oil change and got so much more.

I have a story, I will post what I have now on hands, and update once more information is available.

My mother had her oil changed in CT. All good and well. She came there to get her brakes checked - there is transmission fluid contamination in the brake cylinder. We went to an official Toyota shop, and got a quote for over 5000$ in repair. The contamination basically destroys every single rubber O-ring and seal in the breaks. We went back to CT. The Auto Dept. manager looked at some papers, and brought us a list of what they did and said that they didn't add any fluid to the brakes, and that the brakes were fine when they checked them during the oil change. We haven't brought the car to any other place since the CT service. My mother is an accountant, and doesn't even know how to open the hood, let alone pour transmission fluid in. I am getting together all out stuff, talking to consumer agencies, etc, and will so far, it looks like a lawsuit is a strong possibility.

I will update as soon as I there is any development.

I'm confused as to what the issue is. Is Toyota at fault? Canadian Tire? Please explain.

dluk

Canadian Tire mistakenly added transmission fluid to the brakes.

We went to speak to the store manager today, and he tried saying that the brakes fluid must have been contaminated before they serviced the car. When we showed him proof that they looked at the brakes fluid, he started saying that we can't prove that they put the transmission fluid in the car, and with a big smile on his face, like he just got rid of a nuisance.

I am calling their corporate today, and we will see what they have to say

Guest-0276

Canadian Tire mistakenly added transmission fluid to the brakes.

We went to speak to the store manager today, and he tried saying that the brakes fluid must have been contaminated before they serviced the car. When we showed him proof that they looked at the brakes fluid, he started saying that we can't prove that they put the transmission fluid in the car, and with a big smile on his face, like he just got rid of a nuisance.

I am calling their corporate today, and we will see what they have to say

That's terrible that Canadian Tire ruined your car! Let us know what they have to say and I hope they fix it!

Here's someone who can help. E-mail them gopublic@cbc.ca .

crnobtt

Can anyone tell me more about this case?
Where can I read about it or get a copy of the details?
Does anyone else know anyone who has won against Canadian tire?

CT Challenger

Can anyone tell me more about this case?
Where can I read about it or get a copy of the details?
Does anyone else know anyone who has won against Canadian tire?

Some earlier posts on this thread mentioned the Canadian Legal Information Institute database:

CanLII - Canadian Legal Information Institute

It's free. I think there are better databases out there, but you need a login, which means you have to pay, or access it through a student id at a school, etc.

There are also some cases quoted over on this thread:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...oyees-charges-convictions-investigations.html