F

Fraser

Hi I have an older unit, it works OK as long as I have a big enough extension cord, or plug into the outlet directly. My story is different, I had issues with the wand head. A trip to CT for replacement parts resulted in me having to purchase a kit with lots of parts that fit other machines not mine. One did work and I now have a functioning washer. I find it wasteful and not enviornmentally friendly to have to purchase a bunch of parts I can't use, and don't want to throw into the landfill.
Anyone need parts?
Fraser

PS its allways great to see someone else loose it at CT because usually its me, and everyone else close by don't have the fortitude to complain. Just remember never take "NO" from anyone who does not have the authority to give you a yes.
PPS I also suggested to Princess Auto they were starting to be like CT, that got action!!!

CT Me / Lawguy

Posted by an unregistered user
FYI: I don't OWN the Canadian Tire Corp.
Just the other day we heard hammering in the back of the store. I walk over to discover a customer has taken it upon himself to take one of our hammers and smashing away at 3 of our 4 $54.99 foldable tables. Instead of looking on the arm to discover the two buttons to press to pull out the legs, he decided to smash them with a hammer trying to get it to work and assuming they were all faultly.

$160 ruined! So while he was making a return, I refused to give back his credit card till he paid for it! Perhaps it seemed mean, but you know.. it's time people take responsibility for their actions.. So the next person if we had not discovered this would have purchased the tables and would have been upset returning them as being defective. Our fault? no.. it was the inconsiderate dishonest customers..

Reminds me of one from about a week and a half ago. A customer decided that the hockey stick he was about to buy for his son was too long. They were from out of town here for a Tournament. Rather then ask if it can be cut or for some help, he takes the stick to the tools aisle, grabs a handsaw and cuts it in the middle of the floor. Leaves the butt end of the stick lying there, a pile of sawdust and the saw ALL BEFORE HE PAID FOR THE STICK!!!
I made him pay for the saw as well as the stick.

...but I digress. I'm part of the CT family so according to everyone here, there's no way i could be right *smirk*

Guest-0276

Reminds me of one from about a week and a half ago. A customer decided that the hockey stick he was about to buy for his son was too long. They were from out of town here for a Tournament. Rather then ask if it can be cut or for some help, he takes the stick to the tools aisle, grabs a handsaw and cuts it in the middle of the floor. Leaves the butt end of the stick lying there, a pile of sawdust and the saw ALL BEFORE HE PAID FOR THE STICK!!!
I made him pay for the saw as well as the stick.

...but I digress. I'm part of the CT family so according to everyone here, there's no way i could be right *smirk*

I took a shit on your floor. I'd like to see you charge me for toilet paper.

DavidLeR

... A customer ... takes the stick to the tools aisle, grabs a handsaw and cuts it in the middle of the floor. ... I'm part of the CT family so according to everyone here, there's no way i could be right *smirk*

Ha-ha, chuckle-chuckle. Isn’t it fun? Swapping stories in the “CT Sucks” forum about how dumb CT customers can be.

(Which is sort of redundant: they were dumb enough to come into the store in the first place.)

Too bad for the CT stores that they are 100% dependent on customers for their very survival (despite what the “defenders” here seem to be claiming - "We're fine without you! Profits are up!").

Luckily for consumers, we don’t need CT stores at all – we can get along fine without you. Better, actually, by avoiding being scammed.

And isn’t it too bad for stores that they can’t somehow predict who will be a bad customer, and keep those people out of the stores?

Consumers are lucky in this way, too. It's easy to tell which stores are bad:

They are the ones that say, “Canadian Tire” on the front.

CT Me / Lawguy

Yes same old song and dance DavidLer
Canadian Tire is terrible. Nobody that works for CT has any intelligence, everyone earns minimum wage, we're all crooked, we never provide good service to anyone, we break every car that comes into our shops, all returns are a problem, every product is Chinese and breaks. All you've done so far during my tenure on this forum is hop from thread to thread saying CT sucks, CT doesn't care about customers, CT sucks.

Unfortunately for you, Mr. Consumer, and fortunately for us.... you represent a VERY small portion of the Canadian consumer. In our 89th year and still adding new stores.... surely doesn't sound like we're failing to me. Our livelihood, my pay, the people that I employ and 57000 others across Canada count on us to put food on their table as their employers. It is NOT POSSIBLE, not in my mind or the mind of any rational reasonable thinking person to believe that we could be as big, as sustainable, as profitable and as heavily shopped as we are if we as you put it sucked at everything as a business. Results speak for themselves. If we sucked at everything, we'd be out of business.

Hey check this out... I see a few dozen cars in my parking lot at the moment and a few thousand dollars spent here so far today. And from my lot I can see Walmart, Peavey Mart, Timbr Mart and Home Hardware. Lots of choices... and they chose to spend money here!

Guest-0276

Canadian Tire stinks terrible. Nobody that works for CT has any intelligence, everyone earns minimum wage but steals from us anyways, we're all crooked and steal from our mothers and customers, we never provide good service to anyone, we break every car that comes into our shops and sell the parts for cash, all returns are never a problem until you try, every product is Chinese and breaks and has no fortune cookie. CT doesn't care about it's whiney POS customers who lie and steal from us all the time, CT sucks.

You certainly have it right for why you suck balls. You're just another canadian retail idiot thinking that your shit don't smell and you'll last forever. Keep telling yourself that as you've demonstrated over and over again your stupidity, lack of financial literacy and relevance to a shrinking market. Darwin made a small mention of what happens to organisms like you in passing, maybe it went through your ears between blinks.

The eventual bankruptcy of your store would be fodder in the media for weeks " 57000 minimum wage losers unemployed" lol.

"It is NOT POSSIBLE, not in my mind or the mind of any rational reasonable thinking person to believe that we could be as big, as sustainable, as profitable and as heavily shopped as we are if we as you put it sucked at everything as a business."

LOL. Where the fuck have I heard that one before???? Anybody, anyone, you the retard, in the black shirt give it a good ole high school drop-out-try.

DavidLeR

All you've done so far during my tenure on this forum is hop from thread to thread saying CT sucks, CT doesn't care about customers, CT sucks.

Ah, “CT Me”, your diligence hath been rewarded.

By painstakingly reviewing all my posts (well, some of them, anyway), you have cleverly discerned the deeply-hidden theme of my postings in the “Canadian Tire Sucks” forum.

Yes, it’s “Canadian Tire Sucks”.

Bravo!

But, you seem to have done a less-than adequate job in your review of my postings. Yes, you seem to have missed many of them. Oh, and invented some that aren’t even there …

Canadian Tire is terrible. Nobody that works for CT has any intelligence, everyone earns minimum wage, we're all crooked, we never provide good service to anyone, we break every car that comes into our shops, all returns are a problem, every product is Chinese and breaks.

Are you seriously suggesting that I’ve stated all of the above in my postings? Really?

Or are you instead just putting my name at the front of a long list of commonly-expressed views of Canadian Tire? Huh?

Because I challenge you to find even one posting where I’ve written:

Nobody that works for CT has any intelligence
I never wrote anything like that.

everyone earns minimum wage
I’ve never discussed wages.

every product is Chinese and breaks
Not my words at all. In fact, I wrote on this topic, “I agree that CT carries many fine products, and many of those are from China.”

Shall I continue?

Do you dare to admit that you’ve attributed to me a number of statements that I’ve never made?

Or will you try to weasel out of it by saying, “Oh, I never claimed YOU said that; just that others in these threads have”?

I see, too, that you’ve learned the standard high-school debating tactic:

1 - Claim (falsely, if you must) that the other party is using words like “all”, “always” and “never”.
2 - Point out that, logically, that nothing is ever “all”, “always” or “never”.
3 - Conclude that the other person can no longer be believed.

Too bad it’s flawed logic. Oh, and that your list is basically.

You must be a lot of fun to deal with at the Returns Desk. I bet you are one of those people who tear open the box, then tell the poor customer the item can't be returned because the box is open! (See the analogy?)

Unfortunately for you, Mr. Consumer, and fortunately for us.... you represent a VERY small portion of the Canadian consumer.

Um, how is that bad for me, exactly? That I’ve decided to forego the glorious benefit of being cheated by a consumer-hostile organization? I miss out on the Saturday door-crasher specials on toilet-paper?

Yeah, I’ve heard this spiel before: I’m only 1 guy, and you don’t need my money.

How’s this for a slogan: “Alienating Canada, on disgruntled customer at a time”.

In our 89th year and still adding new stores.... surely doesn't sound like we're failing to me.

Well, talk about an old sang & dance. And more flawed logic, to boot.

- Being 89-years-old doesn’t automatically make your company a successful retailer. How old was Eaton’s when it went under?
- Adding too many stores can be a recipe for disaster. Remember the U.S. expansion fiasco?
- Being big doesn’t make you good. Actually, it tends to make you bad. Just check out some of the many (other) consumer complaints sites, such as EllenRoseman.com

Results speak for themselves. If we sucked at everything, we'd be out of business.

Have you even bothered to look at that article I posted quoting CEO Stephen Wetmore who said (in essence) that Canadian Tire sucks? It’s still at this link: "Canadian Tire chief shuffles management, tells employees to shape up - thestar.com".

An interesting read for someone who seems to want to stay in business. It says how retail profits are down, and contradicts many of your other statement. Happy reading!

Oh, and about your tenure? Sure, I've posted on this site's main topic. But, I've also discussed thermodynamics, specific store policies, tried to help other (ex)customers, explained the Scanning Code Of Practice, and many other topic.

Not that it’s any concern of yours, but I don’t “jump from thread to thread”. Actually, one of the things I do, is look for especially absurd statements, which I then challenge. Sorry if your keeps coming up – maybe try to be less absurd?

CT Me / Lawguy

I will gladly retract three things.... as you personally have not discussed wages, intelligence or chinese products. DavidLer you did not say such things. Although they've been said many times here, I had thought it was you, but it was not.

The US expansion was more of an acquisition then an expansion but definitely not successful. I believe the idea to have been correct, but the scope too large. 400 stores in one shot... too aggressive. From what I understand half of the stores of Whites were corporate, half were franchised. sounds like it would have been a difficult execution. I wasn't with CT then so I don't know much about that attempt.

The consumer reports/complaints sites are at best a resource for complainers to complain. They do not impact my daily business operations in any way or form. Not because we or I don't care about complaints.... I take them very seriously. I've never believed one upset customer didn't matter. I want every customer who walks in my doors to leave satisfied, although no business has 100% happy customers. Every dollar of profit generated is good for me, my team, the community.. everyone involved. If today it's $1000 profit.... and one customer left who could have made it $1010 profit... that's disapointing for me, and surely for that customer who didn't get what they wanted.

As far as growing to a large company, there are positives and negatives. More controls are required to execute consistently, but more locations in more cities and towns means the opportunity to serve customers where they may not have been before without a travel distance. Eatons failed because they failed to change with the market conditiions and consumer behaviour. As I look at Ct aisles with bread and cereal.... and 3 new concept stores added in less then a decade... changing to meet demand is not a problem for us.

I wind up with the article from Mr. Whetmore our new CEO. Of course i've seen it, read it, read it again, and of course have access to way more information about what happened then what is shown in the article. 100 people were terminated, some of whom I know personally and have worked with prior to my transition from Corporate to Store. A good percentage of those people were in a department that was created and since disbanded as an "oops" - simply put, a strategic move that didn't produce the results they wanted, so they killed it.
I don't see anywhere he said canadian tire sucks LOL that's a paraphrasing stretch... a monumental one. Shape up and we suck.... miles apart. his words were, we need to improve our performance. Umm yah.... every company needs to improve, every day, every year. Read that article carefully though. It's not our CEO in most of the article, it's analysts writing most of it. i do not see anything he says that contradicts what I've said.

CT Me / Lawguy

You certainly have it right for why you suck balls. You're just another canadian retail idiot thinking that your shit don't smell and you'll last forever. Keep telling yourself that as you've demonstrated over and over again your stupidity, lack of financial literacy and relevance to a shrinking market. Darwin made a small mention of what happens to organisms like you in passing, maybe it went through your ears between blinks.

The eventual bankruptcy of your store would be fodder in the media for weeks " 57000 minimum wage losers unemployed" lol.

LOL. Where the fuck have I heard that one before???? Anybody, anyone, you the retard, in the black shirt give it a good ole high school drop-out-try.

You sir or madame clearly stand out with your ignorance. If we want to discuss ignorance let's discuss your assumption that everyone makes minimum wage and that anyone in a black shirt is a high school drop out.

The only thing you got right is that bankruptcy would be huge in the media for weeks. However, I'm fairly certain we are not bankrupt, or on the verge of bankruptcy. Do you have some insider trading data that shows we're in trouble? cash strapped? more debts then assets? poor cash flow? creditors calling back loans? Provide this information please. It will be much more valuable and credible then your opinion on what you think is going on.

...and my lack of financial literacy LOL that's comical. Feel free to demonstrate where my financial information has been incorrect and while you're there make the connection for me to your comment about shrinking market.

Guest-0276

Ah, “CT Me”, your diligence hath been rewarded.

Are you seriously suggesting that I’ve stated all of the above in my postings? Really?

Or are you instead just putting my name at the front of a long list of commonly-expressed views of Canadian Tire? Huh?

I'd like to take credit for all of it since I can't, I help perpetuate some of it, mainly "CT minimum wage retards who get lost going from lightbulbs to pipes". Thousands of reasons why CT sucks rooted in CT stupidity shooting themselves in the foot i.e. flagrant car rip offs/ repairs.

Guest-0276

You sir or madame clearly stand out with your ignorance. If we want to discuss ignorance let's discuss your assumption that everyone makes minimum wage and that anyone in a black shirt is a high school drop out.

The only thing you got right is that bankruptcy would be huge in the media for weeks. However, I'm fairly certain we are not bankrupt, or on the verge of bankruptcy. Do you have some insider trading data that shows we're in trouble? cash strapped? more debts then assets? poor cash flow? creditors calling back loans? Provide this information please. It will be much more valuable and credible then your opinion on what you think is going on.

...and my lack of financial literacy LOL that's comical. Feel free to demonstrate where my financial information has been incorrect and while you're there make the connection for me to your comment about shrinking market.

The last time you challenged anyone to a finding of fact you beaked off then chickened out of an easy challenge, even with all your supposed resources ( owner/ dealer you say you are or at least imply). You've already proven why and how you're such a financial dolt which comes as no surprise. Now you're challenging me on easily observable market conditions that you fail to realize. Lets start off with a KFC bucket of chicken, I'm sure you're familiar with, and ten hungry people, what happens to the bucket when you have to give it to a hundred people and one of them is from the US and is in special forces with a remote link to a reaper? As for your lack of financial literacy, isn't it obvious as you're the one who sunk it all in retail, choosing the weakest of the bunch.

CT Me / Lawguy

The last time you challenged anyone to a finding of fact you beaked off then chickened out of an easy challenge, even with all your supposed resources ( owner/ dealer you say you are or at least imply). You've already proven why and how you're such a financial dolt which comes as no surprise. Now you're challenging me on easily observable market conditions that you fail to realize. Lets start off with a KFC bucket of chicken, I'm sure you're familiar with, and ten hungry people, what happens to the bucket when you have to give it to a hundred people and one of them is from the US and is in special forces with a remote link to a reaper? As for your lack of financial literacy, isn't it obvious as you're the one who sunk it all in retail, choosing the weakest of the bunch.

LOL yah because i'm going to take on a challenge to put money up against some internet retard on some ridiculous bet LOL that's a smart financial move

how the hell does a KFC bucket of chicken relate to my ability to observe market conditions? this gets increasingly silly by the minute.

As far as sinking money into "the weakest of the bunch" .... again I encourage you to do your homework. How many franchises have you researched? What did you discover?
If you had facts and figures you would know with concrete evidence that the two best franchises to own in Canada, probably North America are Tim Hortons and Canadian Tire. Do you know the average profit of a Canadian Tire store across the Country?

So again, your arguments and debates are hollow. No facts, no figures, just your opinion. Come on.... you're not arguing with an internet teenager here. come armed if you're going to show up to this battle.
Provide me with something, a proven documented fact that says anything about our financial position, our profit, our revenue.... SOMETHING?

Guest-0276

LOL yah because i'm going to take on a challenge to put money up against some internet retard on some ridiculous bet LOL that's a smart financial move

how the hell does a KFC bucket of chicken relate to my ability to observe market conditions? this gets increasingly silly by the minute.

As far as sinking money into "the weakest of the bunch" .... again I encourage you to do your homework. How many franchises have you researched? What did you discover?
If you had facts and figures you would know with concrete evidence that the two best franchises to own in Canada, probably North America are Tim Hortons and Canadian Tire. Do you know the average profit of a Canadian Tire store across the Country?

So again, your arguments and debates are hollow. No facts, no figures, just your opinion. Come on.... you're not arguing with an internet teenager here. come armed if you're going to show up to this battle.
Provide me with something, a proven documented fact that says anything about our financial position, our profit, our revenue.... SOMETHING?

Not another version of Retailer. Didn't someone kick your ass over your
retarded claim that almost half of canada shopped at CT weekly?

Now you're CT Me. Usually there's some improvement with reincarnation to reward the life previously lived but you're still a minimum wage retard. That's right, you're the one who backed off from a "retards" cash challenge once court cases, terms, conditions and even a handicap were thrown your way. Now you're talking about battle?!?!? LOL. Still like flapping your gums off.

So humor me. How gloriously fullfiling is the profit per store?

CT Me / Lawguy

Not another version of Retailer. Didn't someone kick your ass over your
retarded claim that almost half of canada shopped at CT weekly?

Now you're CT Me. Usually there's some improvement with reincarnation to reward the life previously lived but you're still a minimum wage retard. That's right, you're the one who backed off from a "retards" cash challenge once court cases, terms, conditions and even a handicap were thrown your way. Now you're talking about battle?!?!? LOL. Still like flapping your gums off.

So humor me. How gloriously fullfiling is the profit per store?

And we go 'round again. I make minimum wage, i'm a retard etc.... same old, and again, as I pose a challenge all you do is say "no you tell me" - Not once have you provided a single factual bit of info. That stays true again.
However you have precisely proven my point. you've claimed that it's dumb to own a CT because we own the worst stores.... yet you have absolutely ZERO idea of reality. I know the numbers. I know the highest, I know the lowest and I know the average across the Country. the numbers are huge!

Check out the statistics on shopping patterns in Canada. I have an idea...why don't YOU TELL ME how many people shop at Canadian Tire daily, weekly, monthly, annually. Can you do anything other then say i'm wrong. Can you prove otherwise? i suspect not

As far as your cash challenge goes...again same ridiculousness. Nobody in their right mind would put money up against some foul mouth jackass online to prove a point.

Guest-0276

Not once have you provided a single factual bit of info.

Yep already kicked your ass weeks ago. All there in black and white for others to read.

I know the numbers. I know the highest, I know the lowest and I know

You know jack shit. The only thing you know is how to back pedal, lie, and make a living defrauding people.

I have an idea...why don't YOU TELL ME how many people shop at Canadian Tire daily, weekly, monthly, annually.

Are you fucking kidding me ????? I've got a better idea. What happens when your radio falls into your bath water ? Make sure the cords long enough to plug into the hall way outlet. Don't want the pesky GFI's messing up the results.

CT Me / Lawguy

That's a ridiculous claim....that my money and my career is based on running a fraudulant company LOL I've read a lot of posts on here but that is by far the most grossly inflated claim i've yet to come across.

Yeah we have some shitty return policies that customers may have a bad experience with, but those are limited to a few small product lines, most of which have been discussed here already. Hell, I even had a bad experience with a store when I worked for the Corporation. Of course it happens. Every company of scale from McDonalds to Home Depot has problems. Bad days, bad workers, poor policies, defective products... we're a mass provider of products and services. To expect perfection is ignorant. What I do know for absolute certain is for the most part when things to wrong, teams try to do their best to make it right. If customers behave like you.... we're likely to try a little bit lesss and exhaust less resources to help you. So far you've proven that some politeness, understanding, patience and open mindedness are beyond your abilities, which is a shame for you and those around you.

Here's my claim. You have nothing but a foul mouth and a couple of bad experiences to draw from, most of which I believe to be exagerrated. You have no facts, you have no figures, you have no information to back up your claims. When the facts brought to you come forth, you simply have a carbon copy response.... "fuck you you're wrong"
YOu're just a pissed off human being with a strong opinion and a list of juvenile highschool insults.
You want black and white, read the facts provided for you. It's all spelled out clearly. annual revenue, annual profit in percentage and dollars, quarterly growth, customer counts.... read it man ! It's all math, it's all simple to understand.... and math is not an opinion, it's fact.

I don't expect you will reply with any numbers, facts or reports.... but one can hope that in time you will learn to know what you're talking about, I mean truly honestly know the details of what you're spouting off about before you actually open your mouth. Your opinion bears no credibility

D

Disappointed customer

I know the numbers. I know the highest, I know the lowest and I know the average across the Country

Since you're on the simonz thread what are you and your corporation doing to fix this problem? Over 7000 posts and the problem is still a problem according to this site and others. Are you going to find a better vendor, are you going to allow customers to return it since you already know it's crap to begin with. Other stores would have take action by now but you're still knowingly selling a defective product. Why is that? What are you going to do? So far I'm disappointed with the stores and corporations response and that it's the vendors warranty problem. Been there done that and guess what it got replaced with? Same piece of $hit. It's like they gave it back to me broken only repackaged differently.

While we're on the subject of crap products your line of crap products is also growing like jobmate. Coincidence that those and what used to be "lifetime" battery warranties are now subject to endless conditions and no refund offered on those products? Since you've stopped refusing legitimate refunds I wonder how much your revenues have grown? Is it any wonder why customers are venting and feel ripped off. So stack that against your $hitty auto repair, and $hitty return policy and poorly trained workers and hopefully by then you get the full picture. What's the average number of refunds/ exchanges per store and dollar amount? I'd bet that it's a juicy number that owners just take by hook or by crook.