Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

Thread: Simoniz Scam

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0048's Avatar

Thumbs down Simoniz Scam

Last summer, I bought a Simoniz 1750 pressure washer on sale. The very frist time I went to use it, the gun leaked at the trigger and there was no pressure. I went back to CT and the clerk told me that they had a lot of complaints about this pressure washer and that Simoniz would send me a new gun handle if I called them. So, off I went and called Simoniz, and a week later, they send me a new handle for the pressure washer. I went to use it again, and this time, it worked... for 5 minutes! The handle started to leak again, so off I went to CT with my pressure washer, original packaging, and receipt. At this time, I was told that they did not accept any returns on Simoniz pressure washers. Sure enough, every unit they had on the floor now had a disclaimer stating that if I bought this pressure washer, I would not be able to return it. I asked to speak to the manager, I asked him... So, if I were to buy this pressure washer and walked out the door, and came back 2 minutes later to return it, I couldn't? He said No, no returns what so ever. Isn't there a law against this? They obviously know they are selling a defective product...

With no assistance at the store, I was told I would have to deal with Simoniz. Long story short... after repeated phone calls and 5 gun handles later... it was the end of summer. Time to pack the pressure washer away. I told the agent at Simoniz, I wouldn't get to use the pressure washer to ensure it would work, since it is almost winter, and I would be packing it away for the year. He said that he would document my situation in my file.

Fast forward to this year, it's spring, I'm taking my pressure washer out to use for the first time (really, I haven't really used it at all yet). I stored it in my heated basement to ensure there would be no issues. But sure enough, I plug everything in, water spews out from the base of the unit. I call Simoniz, they give me the number to the repair center where they can do local repairs under the warranty. I call the repair center, and they tell me that Simoniz is no longer supplying them with the parts for this model of pressure washer. Nice.

I call CT again at their "Corporate Customer Service" center and expained my situation and my displeasure that this store was knowingly selling a defective item. The woman at corporate then told me that all the stores were individually owned and that they could set their own return policies. So, I asked her why Canadian Tire, the corporation, didn't care what their frachisees were donig to tarnish the CT name? She then repeated that the store was individually owned... she obviously didn't care herself!

I truly hope CT goes bankrupt. I will not shop there again. And I will tell everyone I know, not to shop there either!

Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0058's Avatar

Re: Simoniz Scam

This is typical of Canadian Tire and the more people who learn about it, the better off we'll be. The whole Canadian Tire policy on returns is something like this, "We've got your money now, so fuck you!"

Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0485's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is typical of Canadian Tire and the more people who learn about it, the better off we'll be. The whole Canadian Tire policy on returns is something like this, "We've got your money now, so fuck you!"
    That's funny because just today I returned an item I couldn't even find the receipt for with no hassle at all. In fact, I have shopped a lot at Canadian Tire and they have always come good for me anytime I have had a problem....including on dfective products.

That's funny because just today I returned an item I couldn't even find the receipt for with no hassle at all. In fact, I have shopped a lot at Canadian Tire and they have always come good for me anytime I have had a problem....including on dfective products.
    what is it with these ct rep's suddenly replying to posts from 2009?

it's safe to assume that this highly suspicous story doesn't involve a gas-powered Simoniz pressure washer (check out the thread's name for why this is ironic) or any other 'repair only' product, either.

and of course it won't involve one of the many "no warranty" products.

i wonder if this possibly fictitious 'customer' asked for a refund? probably not - they wouldn't be so hap-hap-happy.

i suppose it's possible that an actual retailer might have 'gone out of their way' for a nice, polite customer, and 'bent the rules', to offer them more than the store's policy calls for.

in any case, this un-named "item" would surely have been promptly and fully refunded at costco, home depot, or even walmart. something that not even on the regular menu at you-know-where.

does person/ct-rep who wrote even know about the superior policies at other stores?

if they did, i suspect they don't want other consumers to know about it.

makes me kind of glad they took the time to share their 'story' with us.

Posted by an unregistered user Angry CT Guy's Avatar

what is it with these ct rep's suddenly replying to posts from 2009?

it's safe to assume that this highly suspicous story doesn't involve a gas-powered Simoniz pressure washer (check out the thread's name for why this is ironic) or any other 'repair only' product, either.

and of course it won't involve one of the many "no warranty" products.

i wonder if this possibly fictitious 'customer' asked for a refund? probably not - they wouldn't be so hap-hap-happy.

i suppose it's possible that an actual retailer might have 'gone out of their way' for a nice, polite customer, and 'bent the rules', to offer them more than the store's policy calls for.

in any case, this un-named "item" would surely have been promptly and fully refunded at costco, home depot, or even walmart. something that not even on the regular menu at you-know-where.

does person/ct-rep who wrote even know about the superior policies at other stores?

if they did, i suspect they don't want other consumers to know about it.

makes me kind of glad they took the time to share their 'story' with us.

Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids. You'll need to be more honest in your posts. The other store policies have been posted on here already. Those "superior" policies would make me wonder then why there is a sucks.com site dedicated to each of the ones you've listed.
    Sorry faker advocate, you fool no one.

Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids. You'll need to be more honest in your posts. The other store policies have been posted on here already. Those "superior" policies would make me wonder then why there is a sucks.com site dedicated to each of the ones you've listed.
    Sorry faker advocate, you fool no one.
    It's always entertaining for consumers when a CT Liar talks about being "honest", or even just "more honest".

A list of frequently told CT Lies can be found here:

"https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/ge...lies-here.html"

We should think about adding, "CT Lie - If there is a "sucks" site for any other store, then it proves that Canadian Tire sucks only as much as that other store".

Clearly untrue, as many earlier posts already showed, starting here:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/ge....html#post3134"

Angry Re: Simoniz Scam

OMG THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME!

When I bought my Simoniz washer no one told me about the repair only BS. The stupid thing didn't turn on EXACTLY 90 days after I bought it. (After 90 days my warranty only covers labour and what not) Now I'm stuck having to bring it to their repair centers....

The worst part was CT had me lugging this giant thing around 3 times until telling me I would not get my money back and that repairs would be coming out of my pocket for parts. F*CK YOU CT!

Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0564's Avatar

Ha ha this is what they told me too when I tried to return mine they told me I used it and now it is mine so I went home and called customer relations they told me the stores all have 30 day over the counter exchange on simonez washers so I told the lady to email this to the stores manager he was pissed but exchanged the product for me then I drove to a different canadian tire and returned my new unopened one for a full refund ha ha I win it was very hard for me not to call the store manager where I originally purchased it to gloat took three hours but I won ha ha screw u Ct

Posted by an unregistered user Angry CT Guy's Avatar

Ha ha this is what they told me too when I tried to return mine they told me I used it and now it is mine so I went home and called customer relations they told me the stores all have 30 day over the counter exchange on simonez washers so I told the lady to email this to the stores manager he was pissed but exchanged the product for me then I drove to a different canadian tire and returned my new unopened one for a full refund ha ha I win it was very hard for me not to call the store manager where I originally purchased it to gloat took three hours but I won ha ha screw u Ct
    Yep, you're a winner. Gloat away.

Posted by an unregistered user Guest-0276's Avatar

Yep, you're a winner. Gloat away.
    Hey, I am a winner and I don't shop at Crappy Tiers any more.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last