CT Challenger

The CT Owner/Liars don't have much to hang onto in the face overwhelming proof that the CPA exists, applies to retail purchases in Ontario, and requires retailers to get a full, prompt refund for defective goods, if the customer rescinds (cancels) the transaction (consumer agreement), no matter what the store's policy says.

A large number of reputable web sites clearly state this, and the Act itself says this, for anyone who care to give it a careful reading.

But the CT Owner/Liars will lose money if the customers they've cheated find out about their right to a refund, and take action. So, they'll say and do anything in their power to protect their illegal practises.

They dodge, and they weave. They come up with lie after lie, claiming the law doesn't apply to consumers, doesn't apply to retail, doesn't apply to defects, doesn't apply to goods sold in stores.

What a lot of crap.

And what have they got, really? Well, there's the out-dated BBB site.

Oh, and the speculation that the hot-shot CT lawyers must have figured out the law by now, and the store must therefore be in compliance. Nice guess, but flawed logic.

Plus the speculation that, since nobody has yet posted a nice clear case of a judge ordering CT to provide a refund under the CPA for a defective item, then the law must not apply. Nice guess, but more flawed logic. Plus that isn't proof that there is no such case out there to be found.

But what would happen if someone found just such a case, and posted all the details here?

You can bet the Owner/Liars would continue lie, and to dodge and weave, and make excuses as to why this case wasn't really clear, why it doesn't really count, and on and on.

Really, the bottom line is this:

If you've been refused a refund for a defective item, contact the Ministry of Consumer Protection at 1-877-665-0662. Fill in the forms, deliver the notice, file the compliant, and hopefully the greedy Owner/Liar will cave in without you having to actually file the small claims case.

And never, ever buy anything from CT, especially if there's any chance it could be defective.

Guest-0276

Posted by an unregistered user
To all out there, plse take the time to understand what your id means to you and what happends when it's taken from you. I'm not sure if it's a total coincidence or bad luck or what ever but I was a victim of identity theft. I was booking my vacation when I found out that somebody ran up hundreds o f dollars on my credit card. I had been very careful about using my credit card in the first place and kept a zero balance. It wasn't until the bank asked me if I had given out my personal information when I remembered giving my personal identification for a refund on my credit card. Now I can't help but think about it and if it was the reason how they got it in the first place. So please be wary about those places asking for your id for anything. You don't know who's behind the cash register or what they are going to do with it. It's better in your hands than in other peoples.

I absolutely agree with the statement above. I found myself in the exact situation for a screw driver exchange. People lined up handing their licenses for the kid to copy it to a computer. I can say that everyone had their receipts out. A few people objected to handing out their ID but were asked to leave the store with their item by woman manager. I questioned the need for seeing my drivers licenese at all as I needed to exchange it, she said the same thing to me. I asked her why more than the receipt was needed and she looked at me like I just spit on her. She scowled "Everyday we're losing money to people who borrow items, break them and return them damaged. I'm tired of the fraud!!!". But I showed my screw driver, still in the plastic, untouched, and my receipt. She didn't even look at my reciept and yelled " I don't care. Unless we get your drivers license or whatever you don't get an exchange period.!!!" That carried over quite well to the line up, who were not too impressed with her already. l showed her my drivers license, I have no idea what information of mine she put into the computer. It could be anything really. I got what I needed and left. Now that I'm thinking of it, I should have gone to another store like Lowes and got my tools from there. I know I wouldn't have been accused of fraud or treated rudely . I regret giving them my ID for something so unneccessary or asked for my drivers license. I think it's going to be quite a while before I go back to Canadian Tire again for anything I need.

Guest-0276

But what would happen if someone found just such a case, and posted all the details here?

You can bet the Owner/Liars would continue lie, and to dodge and weave, and make excuses as to why this case wasn't really clear, why it doesn't really count, and on and on.

Yep I done that already when the wannabe lawyer, lawguy through down a challenge that "no retailer was ever sued under CPA and lost" . Well thinking that maybe he was a lawyer I cited two cases for him to look at. Remember what he did? Totally dismissed it and changed the criteria to big name retailers. So, you're right. Why even bother, when they've been proven to be liars and they continue to lie and defend their thieving ways? Look what they said about an owner being criminally fined. They denied it. Look at what they said about CT not paying 'rent'. Denied it. CT, tried not to pay anything at all and that's why it ended up in court and CT obviously lost.

I'm wondering if denying those returns might add a few points to their bottom line? Somebody else can waste 2 minutes searching the Queens database.

Look at how they've justified a case with their name all over it 'Resch vs CT'. Seven years of denials, lies, finger pointed to the moon, foot dragging in the hopes of bankrupting the family and making it go away. We're all familiar with that tactic.

Angry CT Guy

The CT Owner/Liars don't have much to hang onto in the face overwhelming proof that the CPA exists, applies to retail purchases in Ontario, and requires retailers to get a full, prompt refund for defective goods, if the customer rescinds (cancels) the transaction (consumer agreement), no matter what the store's policy says.

A large number of reputable web sites clearly state this, and the Act itself says this, for anyone who care to give it a careful reading.

But the CT Owner/Liars will lose money if the customers they've cheated find out about their right to a refund, and take action. So, they'll say and do anything in their power to protect their illegal practises.

They dodge, and they weave. They come up with lie after lie, claiming the law doesn't apply to consumers, doesn't apply to retail, doesn't apply to defects, doesn't apply to goods sold in stores.

What a lot of crap.

And what have they got, really? Well, there's the out-dated BBB site.

Oh, and the speculation that the hot-shot CT lawyers must have figured out the law by now, and the store must therefore be in compliance. Nice guess, but flawed logic.

Plus the speculation that, since nobody has yet posted a nice clear case of a judge ordering CT to provide a refund under the CPA for a defective item, then the law must not apply. Nice guess, but more flawed logic. Plus that isn't proof that there is no such case out there to be found.

Really, the bottom line is this:

If you've been refused a refund for a defective item, contact the Ministry of Consumer Protection at 1-877-665-0662. Fill in the forms, deliver the notice, file the compliant, and hopefully the greedy Owner/Liar will cave in without you having to actually file the small claims case.

And never, ever buy anything from CT, especially if there's any chance it could be defective.

You can't find even one example and the naysayers have flawed logic? Surely their would be even one example. Just one that proved CT has an illegal policy. If no one credible has ever said that CT has an illegal policy, why should we believe yacht boy.

Angry CT Guy

How come this site, under terms of service, negates its own merchantibility and warranty? How can they do that?

CT Challenger

How come this site, under terms of service, negates its own merchantibility and warranty?

What the hell are you talking about?

This site doesn't even sell products or services - the content is provided for free by anonymous posters, not by the site owners.

Have you paid for anything you saw here? Did you form a contract with the site owner? Of course not.

You sound like a complete moron.

Please do yourself a favour and think before you post such nonsense in the future.

Angry CT Guy

What the hell are you talking about?

This site doesn't even sell products or services - the content is provided for free by anonymous posters, not by the site owners.

Have you paid for anything you saw here? Did you form a contract with the site owner? Of course not.

You sound like a complete moron.

Please do yourself a favour and think before you post such nonsense in the future.

Then why might they want my credit card and expiry date. My e-mail address, home address, phone number....it's all under the privacy policy and terms of service. Read it for yourself.

Angry CT Guy

CT dealer pig, you're just beyond stupid. Facts and figures were presented to you but you still ignore them. Which is just as well as you'll be history in a few more years. Ripping off the customer is the first signs the company is in trouble.

I guess with over 600 sucks.com sites, there will be a lot of businesses that won't be around in a few years...lol.
I can't seem to find even one legitimate advocate or lawyer that states CT has an illegal policy? Not even one...I wonder why that is?

CT Challenger

I can't seem to find even one legitimate advocate or lawyer that states CT has an illegal policy? Not even one...I wonder why that is?

i guess because its self evident that a policy that breaks a law is illegal?

Duh - get a clue.

I guess it doesnt matter much what label we give it as long as the customer can be the refund they are entitled to.

Angry CT Guy

i guess because its self evident that a policy that breaks a law is illegal?

Duh - get a clue.

I guess it doesnt matter much what label we give it as long as the customer can be the refund they are entitled to.

Self-evident? No, there would be proof via judgements, precedent, legitimate advocates challenging CT in a public forum. You can understand the lack of credibility you posess faced with the options available to the general public to challenge anything illegal. Otherwise it's just your opinion not fact.

DavidLeR

Please follow the "Sale of Goods" thread for a summary on the expert's opinions on the topic of refunds.

The topic of illegality has already been covered, based on the laws and the definition of the term "illegal". It is a simple exercise.

Angry CT Guy

Please follow the "Sale of Goods" thread for a summary on the expert's opinions on the topic of refunds.

The topic of illegality has already been covered, based on the laws and the definition of the term "illegal". It is a simple exercise.

I've yet to see any expert say CTC's policy is illegal. Not even one. Wonder why they wouldn't say it to be so if it were true.

CT Challenger

Without getting into too much detail, there are options a store can exercise to claim for the value of the unit to satisfy the unhappy customer. It involves filling in some paperwork, inputting into the system and shipping the product back to Canadian Tire which in turn may or may not send it back to the vendor. I do not know why all stores don't exercise their options to do so, but in my experience not every store/owner is aware of all of their options.

Why can't you go into more detail?

What are you trying to hide?

So, just because the store owners are too poorly trained or too lazy to fill in the paperwork and so on, that means the innocent customer is going to be stuck with a used/refurbished unit, plus the expense of a repair, or maybe with a product they now have no faith in?

Plus, you haven't addressed the claim that somebody is going to lose money; either the individual store, the corporation or the manufacturer. But just because the store/owner isn't aware (or chooses not to use) this option, the customer has to take the hit. Not fair at all.

Not to mention the CPA, which by law says the product has to do what it was represented as doing, so if a pressure washer won't wash, it's defective, and the customer is entitled to a refund if they ask for one.

Guest-0276

Even though Canadian Tire was closer, our family drove a bit further to the new Lowes center for buildig supplys and some tools. The last time I returned something they cost me a few hours and tried charging me with fraud. They even gave me a letter of trespass. I didn't steal anything or done anything criminal. The owners whole reason? I returned too many things. They couldn't tell me what the number of items I gone over was, how many I returned in total, if it was the year or the entire time I bought from the store, if anything was broken. If to many returns was the case why didn't they tell me? After all, they had my all information. They couldn't tell me anything except to say that "I must be upto somethin frauduelnt for too many returns." Well that and a whole lot of accusations infront of the line up. I got red in the face and held my own against the manager. But what the hell is up with those kinds of people treating me that way. I bought a hell of a lot more than I returned but to be yelled at like I got caught shoplifting . That's just not right.

Guest-0276

I wonder how long you'd last if you tried that shit in the USA lol. USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA lol. Oh, that's right you, morons tried that twice and FAILED LOLOLOL. Don't let those two losses from Whites and AutoSource scare you... only 400 million. Time for another expansion, with the high canadien dollar show us your Canadian pride :)

CT Me / Lawguy

By the way, still waiting for your claimed report of "top 20 retailers in canada" where is that?

Did you forget that or just ignore it ?

CT Me / Lawguy

Why can't you go into more detail?

What are you trying to hide?

So, just because the store owners are too poorly trained or too lazy to fill in the paperwork and so on, that means the innocent customer is going to be stuck with a used/refurbished unit, plus the expense of a repair, or maybe with a product they now have no faith in?

Plus, you haven't addressed the claim that somebody is going to lose money; either the individual store, the corporation or the manufacturer. But just because the store/owner isn't aware (or chooses not to use) this option, the customer has to take the hit. Not fair at all.

Not to mention the CPA, which by law says the product has to do what it was represented as doing, so if a pressure washer won't wash, it's defective, and the customer is entitled to a refund if they ask for one.

Just as i suspected, a straight up detailed answer and you can't accept it for what it is or as truth. you'll really disagree with ANYTHING a CT supporter says won't you?

There's this thing called a contract.... certain details about transactions between stores and corporation, corporation and vendor and stores and vendor that simply aren't public information. i told you what happens, i told you what options can and are exercised in my store.
Customers do not have to take the hit, warranty policies are not set up that way. at the end of the day it is the vendor who takes the hit in some way or form for supplying a product that did not do it's job. Our loss and the corporatiosn loss would be limited to the man hours required to process the item and the paperwork. That's part of the business.

There is no expense in a repair. Drop it off, the repair depot calls you when it's repaired. Period. Just like when your car breaks down, even under warranty, drop it off they call you when it's done. suck it up, nothing is perfect. My ride was $92,000 out of the factory and guess what, it breaks down and goes in for service. It's a mechanical item, just like a pressure washer. it breaks, it wears out, it has flaws.
Despite what you THINK the CPA tells you is your right, you are NOT entitled to a refund just because you say you are. Someone should beat this information into you with a big hammer, warranty rules apply. If that warranty is exchange only, you don't get your money back you get a replacement item. If that item has a repair warranty, it goes for repair, like it or not! Just like a tent can't be returned. You buy it, you own it.

The law is not always on your side, the laws are designed to give fair practices to both customers and businesses alike. the customer is not always right.

CT Challenger

Blah, blah, blah.

Same old CT lies and BS.

Only a lying CT owner/dealer would dare to claim that such a big pile of stinking manure is “straight up”.

So, your big explanation on why customers aren't getting the refund they are legally entitled to, is due to the ignorance and/or laziness of store staff?

A very nice advertisement of why people should steer well clear of your rip-off stores.

Plus I see you’ve digressed to you old, bad habit of lying about what people said, as if that will somehow help you win a debate. Very nice.

And you've also decided to revert to that old lie about warranties being somehow relevant to the store's refund policy, huh?

Only CT tries to pull this one off; all the other major stores offer refunds for defective items.

And customers are supposed to believe you when you say it’s all OK?

Oh, and nice image of how brutally violent you’d like to get with anyone who dares to tell the truth and threatens your profits. That nice-small-town-retailer is really taking a hit, don’t you think?

It certainly does show just how deeply your hatred of your customers runs.

No matter how many times you state your bald-faced lies, they will not become suddenly true.

You can keep trying to trick your customers for personal gain, just so you can brag about your expensive car. But it isn’t going to work.

People are catching on to your shady policies, and are learning to stay away from your rip-off stores.

The people you are trying to cheat are learning the laws, and will not be letting you victimize them anymore.

Nothing you say here or post in your stores can take away the rights that the consumers have.

And after all those lies, you dare to complain that people don’t believe you? Get real.

You can try to continue cheating customers, lying to them, and trying to convince them that they don’t have rights.

It might even be working with some, but shame on you for even trying.

Shame on you for being such a CT liar.

Angry CT Guy

Blah, blah, blah.

Same old CT lies and BS.

Only a lying CT owner/dealer would dare to claim that such a big pile of stinking manure is “straight up”.

So, your big explanation on why customers aren't getting the refund they are legally entitled to, is due to the ignorance and/or laziness of store staff?

A very nice advertisement of why people should steer well clear of your rip-off stores.

Plus I see you’ve digressed to you old, bad habit of lying about what people said, as if that will somehow help you win a debate. Very nice.

And you've also decided to revert to that old lie about warranties being somehow relevant to the store's refund policy, huh?

Only CT tries to pull this one off; all the other major stores offer refunds for defective items.

And customers are supposed to believe you when you say it’s all OK?

Oh, and nice image of how brutally violent you’d like to get with anyone who dares to tell the truth and threatens your profits. That nice-small-town-retailer is really taking a hit, don’t you think?

It certainly does show just how deeply your hatred of your customers runs.

No matter how many times you state your bald-faced lies, they will not become suddenly true.

You can keep trying to trick your customers for personal gain, just so you can brag about your expensive car. But it isn’t going to work.

People are catching on to your shady policies, and are learning to stay away from your rip-off stores.

The people you are trying to cheat are learning the laws, and will not be letting you victimize them anymore.

Nothing you say here or post in your stores can take away the rights that the consumers have.

And after all those lies, you dare to complain that people don’t believe you? Get real.

You can try to continue cheating customers, lying to them, and trying to convince them that they don’t have rights.

It might even be working with some, but shame on you for even trying.

Shame on you for being such a CT liar.

Ever notice how much this blowhard says without actually saying anything relevant?

Never answers the easy questions, such as why there is not one single article, case law, or legitimate advocate that mentions CTC and illegal policy in the same sentence

Prognosticator of shit weavery is all he has going for him

Very sad