Guest-0367

Posted by an unregistered user
I enjoy watching the CT Owner/Liars being humiliated on this forum as much as the next person.

However, I wonder if there isn't a sneaky strategy at work by the Owner/Liars to bury any useful consumer information in an avalanche of bs, lies and general insults.

Kind of like what happens at the Returns Desk at a CT store.

I mean, they don't seem to be even bothering to post plausible lies anymore.

It must be nice for the site owners if they get revenue based on site traffic, though.

CT Me / Lawguy

do you really believe, i mean truly believe that this site is doing any damage to canadian tire or even to a specific store? do you think that the multi millionaire canadian tire dealers are concerned that a dozen disgruntled customers come here to bitch to each other, and argue with everyone else?

Angry CT Guy

I enjoy watching the CT Owner/Liars being humiliated on this forum as much as the next person.

However, I wonder if there isn't a sneaky strategy at work by the Owner/Liars to bury any useful consumer information in an avalanche of bs, lies and general insults.

Kind of like what happens at the Returns Desk at a CT store.

I mean, they don't seem to be even bothering to post plausible lies anymore.

It must be nice for the site owners if they get revenue based on site traffic, though.

Good point. How much have you donated to this site's business? Just out of curiosity.

CT Challenger

Luckily for the average Canadian, it's not necessary for this site to "damage" CT, because the corporatoin is systematically destroying their own customer base, through their own crappy policies and a voluntary descent into the trap of discount retailing.

Jordan Timm's insightful article sums up CT's sad decline and the poor prospect in an increasing competitive marketplace:

"Canadian Tire: Fixing a flat | Managing | Strategy | Canadian Business Online"

The financial arm seems to be making up for the poor retail and auto service performance, but how long can that last?

Despite the hysterical claims of the CT Defenders who desperately post here, there are serious problems, with a poor "Customer Experience" as a key element.

Based on the response we've seen on this site by the CT faithful, their smug and self-righteous attitude, let along their strategy of 'attack the customer', may seal their fate more decisively than will Target or other US competitors.

No, the value of this site isn't in damaging the self-harming CT corporation.

It's for those unfortunate customers who don't get the news in time, and fall victim to the various in-store scams. For them, this site is becoming a valuable resource for consumer remedies.

Just Google "pressure washer refund" or "repair only warranty", and see what comes up at the top of the list.

But the greater benefit of this site will hopefully be to spread the word about CT's uniquely devious and exploitive policies, so that innocent consumers learn to take their business elsewhere, before falling prey to the greedy Owner/Liars.

Anything my fellow posters and I can do on this site to help our fellow consumers is time well spent.

Angry CT Guy

Luckily for the average Canadian, it's not necessary for this site to "damage" CT, because the corporatoin is systematically destroying their own customer base, through their own crappy policies and a voluntary descent into the trap of discount retailing.

Jordan Timm's insightful article sums up CT's sad decline and the poor prospect in an increasing competitive marketplace:

"Canadian Tire: Fixing a flat | Managing | Strategy | Canadian Business Online"

The financial arm seems to be making up for the poor retail and auto service performance, but how long can that last?

Despite the hysterical claims of the CT Defenders who desperately post here, there are serious problems, with a poor "Customer Experience" as a key element.

Based on the response we've seen on this site by the CT faithful, their smug and self-righteous attitude, let along their strategy of 'attack the customer', may seal their fate more decisively than will Target or other US competitors.

No, the value of this site isn't in damaging the self-harming CT corporation.

It's for those unfortunate customers who don't get the news in time, and fall victim to the various in-store scams. For them, this site is becoming a valuable resource for consumer remedies.

Just Google "pressure washer refund" or "repair only warranty", and see what comes up at the top of the list.

But the greater benefit of this site will hopefully be to spread the word about CT's uniquely devious and exploitive policies, so that innocent consumers learn to take their business elsewhere, before falling prey to the greedy Owner/Liars.

Anything my fellow posters and I can do on this site to help our fellow consumers is time well spent.

Ctc had same store sales increase last year whereas Walmart has had 6 straight quarters of declines. That is a key measure of shareholder value. Single digits for ctc, not great, but why do they continue to grow?
What are the other retailers doing to give a better customer experience over CTC? What are the key differentiators?

CT Challenger

why do they continue to grow?

At least read the article in question before displaying your ignorance.

You are an embarrassment to CT Defenders everywhere.

What are the other retailers doing to give a better customer experience over CTC? What are the key differentiators?

Have you even bothered to read the "Repair Only" thread? Quite a few stories there about other retailers. Lots that CT can learn from the success stories at the other end of the parking lot.

Do a little research - you'll be less humiliated in the future.

Angry CT Guy

At least read the article in question before displaying your ignorance.

You are an embarrassment to CT Defenders everywhere.

Have you even bothered to read the "Repair Only" thread? Quite a few stories there about other retailers. Lots that CT can learn from the success stories at the other end of the parking lot.

Do a little research - you'll be less humiliated in the future.

My research is sound. Are you denying that CTC had same store sales growth n 2010?

Denying the truth doesn't make it a lie.

Guest-0367

I wonder if there isn't a sneaky strategy at work by the Owner/Liars to bury any useful consumer information

do you really believe, i mean truly believe that this site is doing any damage to canadian tire or even to a specific store?

This reads like a confession by a CT Owner/Liar.

Their interpretation of "consumer information" is automatically "damage to canadian tire".

Nice world view.

It helps explain the seige mentality, and explains the guilty mind of the owner/liars who are knowingly exploiting the very people who are (mistakenly) keeping the store alive.

Angry CT Guy

This reads like a confession by a CT Owner/Liar.

Their interpretation of "consumer information" is automatically "damage to canadian tire".

Nice world view.

It helps explain the seige mentality, and explains the guilty mind of the owner/liars who are knowingly exploiting the very people who are (mistakenly) keeping the store alive.

There are lots of consumer sites on the web and some are down right excellent. This isn't one of them. All the sucks.com and sucks.org sites seem to be a business looking for either donations or advertising dollars. No one here is fooled by the real motives.

Guest-0276

Denying the truth doesn't make it a lie.

You must be the grand chief wizard at the Canadian Tire's returns desk to come up with that statement lol.

black is white, union middle class sucks. 50000 employee disciples take your meds, 500 mega mega millionaires stores, don't pass go when green, i'm a lawyer, no pro cable puller, that is all.

You can deny the truth all you want, but in the end the results are always the same. The customer gets screwed over and grandma ma Beatrice, on a small pension is still out money. All because or your 'truth'. But that's great news because mega mega millionaire Canadian Tire store owner scraped that little extra bit with more bad consumer policies and added that to his pile of money. It'll make for better numbers on the slide show for the next investors conference.

It'll be a hoot watching your 'success' formula gain even more traction and see what happens to you in the next few years. I wonder what happens when Walmart's quarters start picking up again and Target is done eating up Zellers.

liar liar canadian tire. It's catching on, the kids are starting to use it now and know we don't get there for a good reason.

Guest-0276

do you really believe, i mean truly believe that this site is doing any damage to canadian tire or even to a specific store? do you think that the multi millionaire canadian tire dealers are concerned that a dozen disgruntled customers come here to bitch to each other, and argue with everyone else?

if that's the truly the case then why does the multi millionaire supreme canadian tire dealer CARE what I have to say at all? Why do they put up such a fight hiding the truth and attacking all posters? Why do you need to keep the money from people who want their money back? After all CT owner's only dealing with the union middle class. How smart can we really be?

Guest-0462

Typical response from canadian tire. Rather than deal with a response to a legitimate concern they start with insulting the customer and blaming everyone else for the problem. Anyone else tried to return something like a simoniz pressure washer and get pushed out of the store? Oh as for the insults, that's ok. I'm sure smart enough not to work in retail or make a living misleading the public.

What you don't say, and what we already know is that most of North America have cell phones and have switched from landlines. That information isn't in the phone books. Again you're telling us to look the other way when it suits you, like when the obvious is in our face. So convenient for the CT retailer! Consumers decide for yourselves.

You don't like the fact that smart consumers can decide for themselves and shop every where else but Canadian Tire. Dangerous to you, good for the rest of us.

So our information is safe with a Canadian Tire store you claim? 500 dealers all doing their own thing, all with different policies all across canada. And yet you intimately know that "most don't ask for ID for returns". Sure buddy. Sure. Didn't somebody say a dealer got criminally fined and sentenced sometime ago? Consumers decide for yourselves if your information is safe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may be asked, either when you register with us, or at other times, for information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number. You may also be asked to share with us your interests, hobbies and preferences. In addition, when you order certain goods or services from our Web Sites, we will need to know your credit/payment card number and expiration date.[/quote]

The above is from this website, Canadian Tire Sucks. Umm, why do they need my e-mail address, postal address and telephone number? Give them my credit/payment card number and expiration date? Golly-that sounds kind of dangerous. Is my information safe with this business and exactly what services will they be selling me?

CT Challenger

You may be asked ... for information ... such as your name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number.

Well, I'll be darned, it looks like some genius at CT has finally stumbled across the Privacy Statement.

Bravo! It's only been there since 2007. Good catch!

The above is from this website, Canadian Tire Sucks

Yup, it's right here: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/content/113-privacy-statement.html

(Typical CT morons still haven't figured out the modern miracle of links.)

Let me guess, they are all devious and deceiptful here, because they post a privacy policy! Heaven forbid!

Umm, why do they need my e-mail address, postal address and telephone number?

Umm, nobody said they need it, CT Liar.

And are you trying to draw some infantile analogy between CT demanding that customer provide information that's even more sensitive than this, before they'll follow their own policies, or provide the legally required refunds for defective items?

Nice try.

.... when you order certain goods or services from our Web Sites, we will need to know your credit/payment card number and expiration date.

Golly-that sounds kind of dangerous.

Golly-that sounds kind of like e-commerce.

Moron.

Is my information safe with this business ....

Geez, if you don't think it's safe, then don't provide it.

Pretty simple, if you think about it for 2 seconds.

It's not like CT Sucks is going to issue a trespass order against you or something.

(Which is unfortunately, methinks.)

Please, please CT morons. How many times must you openly embarrass youself before you learn even the basics?

Angry CT Guy

Well, I'll be darned, it looks like some genius at CT has finally stumbled across the Privacy Statement.

Bravo! It's only been there since 2007. Good catch!

Yup, it's right here: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/content/113-privacy-statement.html

(Typical CT morons still haven't figured out the modern miracle of links.)

Let me guess, they are all devious and deceiptful here, because they post a privacy policy! Heaven forbid!

Umm, nobody said they need it, CT Liar.

And are you trying to draw some infantile analogy between CT demanding that customer provide information that's even more sensitive than this, before they'll follow their own policies, or provide the legally required refunds for defective items?

Nice try.

Golly-that sounds kind of like e-commerce.

Moron.

Geez, if you don't think it's safe, then don't provide it.

Pretty simple, if you think about it for 2 seconds.

It's not like CT Sucks is going to issue a trespass order against you or something.

(Which is unfortunately, methinks.)

Please, please CT morons. How many times must you openly embarrass youself before you learn even the basics?

Hey, no problem....as long as we all agree that this site is nothing more than E-Commerce for someone. Just pointing it out.

CT Challenger

Hey, no problem....as long as we all agree that this site is nothing more than E-Commerce for someone. Just pointing it out.

I think all we can agree on is that the self-confessed CT Owner/Liars are a greedy bunch on a-holes who won't hesitate to screw people over for some extra cash-ola.

Thanks for your agreement!

Oh, and I'm sure the site owner thanks you, too, for 'donating' by bringing your traffic to this site!

Angry CT Guy

I think all we can agree on is that the self-confessed CT Owner/Liars are a greedy bunch on a-holes who won't hesitate to screw people over for some extra cash-ola.

Thanks for your agreement!

Oh, and I'm sure the site owner thanks you, too, for 'donating' by bringing your traffic to this site!

Ahhhhhh. I love it when you are left speechless and have to try and save face. Nice try, but poorly done. This site has 0 (zero) advertisements and who knows how many donations....I'm guessing very few if any. Those American sites have lots of advertising....but then again the "sucks.com" franchise may not work in Canada.....too many people that are smarter than you.

CT Challenger

This site has 0 (zero) advertisements and who knows how many donations....I'm guessing very few if any.

So much for the recent spate of honesty on the part of the CT owners and their Rep's. Back to your old deceptions. It was nice while it briefly lasted.

Maybe your browser works differenty that most, but there are always ad's on this site.

Yet another lie. Shall we resume making lists of repetitious lies of CT Owners and Reps? We must be into triple digits by now.

And the hypocricy of the Owner/Liars is disgusting. As if anyone asking for a donation (does that include charities?) can be compared to a greedy store owner trying to cheat a customer!

If you don't want this site to get revenue, then don't be a hypocite: stop posting here, and generating traffic and ad hits.

But, let's not get too far off topic:

- CT sucks.
- No other Canadian retailers has the same, lousy return policies, including the despicable "Repair Only" policy.
- Refunds for defective items are legally required by the CPA.
- CT Owners and Reps are admitted greedly liars.

It's important to stay focused.

Angry CT Guy

So much for the recent spate of honesty on the part of the CT owners and their Rep's. Back to your old deceptions. It was nice while it briefly lasted.

Maybe your browser works differenty that most, but there are always ad's on this site.

Yet another lie. Shall we resume making lists of repetitious lies of CT Owners and Reps? We must be into triple digits by now.

And the hypocricy of the Owner/Liars is disgusting. As if anyone asking for a donation (does that include charities?) can be compared to a greedy store owner trying to cheat a customer!

If you don't want this site to get revenue, then don't be a hypocite: stop posting here, and generating traffic and ad hits.

But, let's not get too far off topic:

- CT sucks.
- No other Canadian retailers has the same, lousy return policies, including the despicable "Repair Only" policy.
- Refunds for defective items are legally required by the CPA.
- CT Owners and Reps are admitted greedly liars.

It's important to stay focused.

Same old delusional post by you. If the return policy was truly illegal, some lawyer would have jumped all over it.
Keep trying to cause controversy for your E-Commerce site. People are not as gullible as you make them out to be.

Guest-0367

Same old delusional post by you. If the return policy was truly illegal, some lawyer would have jumped all over it.

Same old twisted logic.

Still wrong.

Too bad, so sad.

How about addressing the sections of the CPA, instead of making blind guesses?

Keep trying to cause controversy for your E-Commerce site. People are not as gullible as you make them out to be.

If you think this is really an e-commerce site, you've got a lot to learn about business.

But I guess we already knew that, based on prior posts.

Typical CT moron.

Angry CT Guy

Same old twisted logic.

Still wrong.

Too bad, so sad.

How about addressing the sections of the CPA, instead of making blind guesses?

If you think this is really an e-commerce site, you've got a lot to learn about business.

But I guess we already knew that, based on prior posts.

Typical CT moron.

Sorry faker advocate. Your "logic" is nothing more than an opinion, and a poor one at that.
Don't forget to donate. Hilarious.