Guest-0276

Posted by an unregistered user
According to Mr.CT Manager his customers are all potential fraudsters to justify the stupid invasion of privacy for returns and exchanges. He goes on and on about how bad his experiences are and how many times he's caught them with fraud. Any study on the break down of his customer base? Age group, average total puchase/ trip etc. I didn't think so.

While we're at it, lets look at his minimum wage staff who are in high school/ college who some would say are treated like shit and btw, statistically have stickier fingers.

What do the rest of you think. Should CT be looking into the mirror for their own internal losses rather than blame the customer?

CT_MANAGER

While I may work for Canadian Tire, I do not entirely agree with what is all being said about the corporation, as I also don't agree with everything Canadian Tire does. I'm not here point blame on anyone nor am I on any particular side.

If I find something being said that is not entirely true or misunderstood, then I will reply. I have not accused anyone here of anything; I only look at what I read. If you have a problem and want help, I'm here to help. While somethings could be at fault of that Canadian Tire store or in general then I will step in. If it's something misunderstood, I will step in and attempt to help.

But if anyone here wants to start "potty-mouthing" me with very immature, childlike attitudes; I'm not going to stoop to that level.

I honestly find it very difficult to believe at times, that MATURE ADULTS actually are conversing in this website due to the majority of pure child-like immature, "potty-mouth" behaviors that occurs here.

So if anyone has problems or questions, I'm here to help. But would appreciate having some RESPECT knowing that I am NOT on anyone's side, I'm only observing.

Thank you.

Guest-0276

It more than seems like it. I spoke with the Federal privacy commissioners office and have learned that Canadian Tire and a few more affiliate stores have been sanctioned a few times for invasion of privacy during returns. It sounds like people will have to lodge formal complaints and serve a some more legal whoop-ass on Canadian Tire.

While CT Manager will say that none of this goes on at CT the facts are it still does happen and they do record your information and it's at the discretion of the kid behind the service counter.

CT Managers and head office have also asserted that the information collected during returns is safe at the retail level and stays there. Really?!?!? Should your customers really trust that???
I mean, really???? With so many student employees you have and so much internal theft going on including debit card and credit card fraud that some how, for some reason those same thieves leave the store computer alone and is never breached?!?!? Wow that's a bold statement that even banks with top security protocols will never make.

Unbelievable as to how stupid and gullible CT thinks we all are.

Guest-0276

While I may work for Canadian Tire, I do not entirely agree with what is all being said about the corporation, as I also don't agree with everything Canadian Tire does. I'm not here point blame on anyone nor am I on any particular side.

If I find something being said that is not entirely true or misunderstood, then I will reply. I have not accused anyone here of anything; I only look at what I read. If you have a problem and want help, I'm here to help. While somethings could be at fault of that Canadian Tire store or in general then I will step in. If it's something misunderstood, I will step in and attempt to help.

But if anyone here wants to start "potty-mouthing" me with very immature, childlike attitudes; I'm not going to stoop to that level.

I honestly find it very difficult to believe at times, that MATURE ADULTS actually are conversing in this website due to the majority of pure child-like immature, "potty-mouth" behaviors that occurs here.

So if anyone has problems or questions, I'm here to help. But would appreciate having some RESPECT knowing that I am NOT on anyone's side, I'm only observing.

Thank you.

You have taken a stand and have given reasons for the ongoing bad treatment of customers. The problem here is that not all of us are sheep and can see through the corporate crap you've been taught to say.

Guest-0276

You have taken a stand and have given reasons for the ongoing bad treatment of customers. The problem here is that not all of us are sheep and can see through the corporate crap you've been taught to say.

I worked there years ago in the 80's and knew that some employees were giving huge discounts to their friends. Others would throw out supposedly "empty" cardboard boxes. Summer and christmas was the worst as everybody was running around trying to get the stock up. I remember that two of us were putting together the bbqs and then one of us would get pulled to do something else like bikes. When I got back the bbq that I had just finished was gone and I get told to open anohter box and do it again. There were also some guys that got their hours padded and another guy named Mike that had 20 hours a week but no one would ever see him.

Looking back, it went on alot. I was friends with a a few guys in the auto section. A few of them did exaggerate a few issues to make numbers look good. Even still teh owner came in and leaned on the manager to get more sales. Now that I look at it, it's probably to make up for the loss on the retail side.
So yeah, I do see the return policy making up for what was walking out the door.

Guest-0276

I've seen this go on in CT Toronto while working there. I didn't see too much of what went on in the back but saw plenty of what went on on the floor. Cashiers would purposely short change customers in CT money and even had a running bet as to who could get away with the most. In one week they shortchanged a almost five thousand dollars worth of Canadian Tire money. When they would be caught by the customers they would feign a mistake and pay them the correct amount in change. But who really takes the time to make sure they're given the right amount of change. A real slick operation. Then there's the items on the shelves that's been borrowed and returned like camp coffee makers and tents. We actually had customers return those items saying that it was used only to have the returns rejected because no one could tell if it was used prior to the customers opening it ha ha ha.

CT_MANAGER

ALL money in a float is counted in the beginning of the shift and before the cashier can leave at the end of their shift. They are responsible for EVERYTHING done on their till. They have their own cashier numbers and passcode that not even any manager knows. Everything a cashier does is recorded into the till. At the end of their shift they have a "cash slip" that lists everything that was done on that day and in this case, including the amount of CT money they should be -/+. If they were short changing the customers the totals of the CT money would be greatly effected and the cashier would be "SHORT". You are able to be short a VERY small amount (Approx $2 is usually common in various stores). Whether it is CASH or CT money, if you are short, you are SHORT MONEY. Being short that amount that cashier would be fired. CT money is treated like cash to Canadian Tire; it is not monolopy money. EVERYTHING is recorded. As a result it is quite evident this is a mad up story.

Guest-0276

ALL money in a float is counted in the beginning of the shift and before the cashier can leave at the end of their shift. They are responsible for EVERYTHING done on their till. They have their own cashier numbers and passcode that not even any manager knows. Everything a cashier does is recorded into the till. At the end of their shift they have a "cash slip" that lists everything that was done on that day and in this case, including the amount of CT money they should be -/+. If they were short changing the customers the totals of the CT money would be greatly effected and the cashier would be "SHORT". You are able to be short a VERY small amount (Approx $2 is usually common in various stores). Whether it is CASH or CT money, if you are short, you are SHORT MONEY. Being short that amount that cashier would be fired. CT money is treated like cash to Canadian Tire; it is not monolopy money. EVERYTHING is recorded. As a result it is quite evident this is a mad up story.

I'm not going to elaborate but your cash controls are the same as every where else and what goes on during the shift may surprise you. Funny you didn't mention anything about employees using items in the store and returning them to be sold later eh! We've had plenty of managers like you and know how to get around the rules you hold so dear to your heart. Ever wonder what happens to those kind of students who used to work in CT and where they ended up?

Guest-0164

I'm not going to elaborate but your cash controls are the same as every where else and what goes on during the shift may surprise you. Funny you didn't mention anything about employees using items in the store and returning them to be sold later eh! We've had plenty of managers like you and know how to get around the rules you hold so dear to your heart. Ever wonder what happens to those kind of students who used to work in CT and where they ended up?

in the gutter with you fag

Guest-0276

in the gutter with you fag

Far from the retail gutter CT Manager. Remember we were the students who outsmarted the likes of you and your rules day in and day out and actually ran the place to our liking. We end up in the ivory tower dreaming up ways to pinch more efficiency out of you and add more bonuses to our fat 6 figure salaries. You'll be there for the rest of your life stocking shelves and changing price tags. Sad to say, but that's really the limit of your potential.

CT_MANAGER

Far from the retail gutter CT Manager. Remember we were the students who outsmarted the likes of you and your rules day in and day out and actually ran the place to our liking. We end up in the ivory tower dreaming up ways to pinch more efficiency out of you and add more bonuses to our fat 6 figure salaries. You'll be there for the rest of your life stocking shelves and changing price tags. Sad to say, but that's really the limit of your potential.

Pardon me? You replied to the wrong person

Guest-0276

Fuck you man. I make more than you think, have a home, wife and kids and put food on our table day in and day out. I like retail and they treat me good. But fuck wads like you make it tough with all the extra reporting I have to do to nail you and then you still get away.

Guest-0276

I've seen managers do that alot. Loading alot of stuff like propane tanks on to their trucks, lawn mowers, and pressure washers.

Guest-0276

ya ya so what if we use a few things for the weekend??? It's one of the perks of the job. You don't see me going to your office job and making a big deal if you print something for personal use. Do you?!?! That's cmpany paper, ink and time that you're stealing. Ever think of that? The stuff we borrow is brought back in good condition with no one the wiser. Don't tell me that nothing like this ever goes on at your work. Just look at the recession now. Do you think it was caused by office jerks doing their job? Or were they helping themselves to the company credit card so to speak. Don't tell me that a little weekend product testing is so bad that it can be compared to bigger disasterss like that.So keep on calling the kettle black.

CT_MANAGER

Personally I have been management in 3 stores and not once have I ever come across anyone "borrowing" large products like your claim for personal use. Service for example have been known to "store use" products like oil, wipers, cleaning supplies, washer fluid, and fans, electrical cords, light bulbs, tapes, staples, staplers, etc for the store. Never have I seen anyone "borrowing" lawn mowers, pressure washers...

I would sure like to work in these stores to see this for myself.

Guest-0276

Personally I have been management in 3 stores and not once have I ever come across anyone "borrowing" large products like your claim for personal use. Service for example have been known to "store use" products like oil, wipers, cleaning supplies, washer fluid, and fans, electrical cords, light bulbs, tapes, staples, staplers, etc for the store. Never have I seen anyone "borrowing" lawn mowers, pressure washers...

I would sure like to work in these stores to see this for myself.

big or small you borrow it all. So ct manager, are you saying that borrowing just happens with the small stuff like screw drivers and clamps? Believe in santa clause all you like sir, the fact is a few things slip out the store when you look the other way . Are you also saying that employee theft, till skimming etc. doesn't happen? Personally, I think you know a bit more of the shady stuff going on in the stores. Three stores you managed, you say? Were you borrowed for other store openings/ staff shorts or were you floated around because no one wanted you?

Guest-0276

Borrowing, theft and the like is against our store policies written clearly in the employee handbook "The Canadian Tire Way". Every employee at the store has read it and takes it seriously. We have alot of procedures to prevent theft and nothing like that has ever EVER happened in all my years as a Manager. So you're lieing annd manking up stories. Our employees are good hard working people who give 110% day in and day out serving the needs of the community. And contribute more than the people who complain about our store and our work and the things we sell.

Guest-0276

Employees so good that they will kill because they feel like it. Google it! On top of lying, stealing, intimidating older customers and so on.

It's amazing how the garage keeps on replacing good parts during car maintenance and repairs. Ever wonder what happens to those parts. That's right they keep them for the after sales market. Nice little profit on the mechanic side and the store makes a few more sales. So who's getting hurt?

As for retail it's a free for all. On top of borrowing things and managers and employee padding hours they have access to the credit card info used for purchases. Think your info is safe? Think again. Most employees will take a few things here and there and will be back to school in a few months. But the long term guys is who you have to watch out for. See they know they're stuck in a shitty job and can't go any where else in the world. Their wandering eye is always out for a quick buck like the auto side.

CT_MANAGER

Employees so good that they will kill because they feel like it. Google it! On top of lying, stealing, intimidating older customers and so on.

It's amazing how the garage keeps on replacing good parts during car maintenance and repairs. Ever wonder what happens to those parts. That's right they keep them for the after sales market. Nice little profit on the mechanic side and the store makes a few more sales. So who's getting hurt?

As for retail it's a free for all. On top of borrowing things and managers and employee padding hours they have access to the credit card info used for purchases. Think your info is safe? Think again. Most employees will take a few things here and there and will be back to school in a few months. But the long term guys is who you have to watch out for. See they know they're stuck in a shitty job and can't go any where else in the world. Their wandering eye is always out for a quick buck like the auto side.

You have quite the imagination. Perhaps you should try putting that to better use; making movies.