Guest-0290

Posted by an unregistered user
I am sure that this happens time and time again. I bought an item, and a few days later decided that I didn't want it. Decided to return the unopened item, though stalling for 2 weeks since I have 90 days to return and all. Get to the store... "repair only" no return... excuse me? It says so on the receipt... indeed it does but I get the receipt *after* I pay for the bloody item. Cashier didn't say anything at the time. Call customer relations, and they state that the cashier should have said something before paying. Yes, that would have been nice, but she didn't. Was told to talk to the manager who earlier didn't do anything for me. Brilliant. How in the world is this even legal?!? Sneaking a return policy on customers after they pay for the item. I took a look at my pile of old receipts and a number of them say "repair only". What the heck? I can't recall a single instance where the cashier said something. Before someone spews something about "how is the cashier suppose to know all the return policies", well the computer system knows since it printed something on the receipt. It should stop the cashier from continuing the scanning till the informs the customer of the retarded return policy.

CT_MANAGER

Hello,

There seems to be something missing from this post. If the item is UNOPENED then there shouldn't be an issue. "Repair only" is a WARRANTY statement. The term "Repair Only" seems to suggest the item was returned as a warranty claim as apposed to a straight unused, unopen, fully resellable merchandise. What merchandise are we referring to?

Guest-0519

Posted by an unregistered user
Let me begin by saying I like Canadian Tire and I do most of my hardware shopping at their stores. The only real problem I've had is with their automotive service department.

A couple of years ago, I was on my way to Canadian Tire to buy tires when the brake warning light on my dash board lit up. When I got to Canadian Tire, I had their service department check my brakes and give me a repair estimate. They quoted me more than $1300 to fix the problem, which included replacing brake parts on all four wheels. What are the chances of the individual brake parts on all four wheels failing at the same time? I'm betting it's never happened in the history of automobile manufacturing. But I'm sure there must have been a perfectly reasonable explanation for the quote, probably something to do with safety and/or higher overhead costs.

To make a long story short, I bought my tires, kept my mouth shut and left the store. The next day I had a private mechanic diagnose the brake problem and repair the brake on one rear wheel, and it cost me $250. Problem solved. Now grab your barf bags! I asked the mechanic if I needed any additional work done on the other three brakes and he said I didn't, they were fine.

A couple of years later I had a private mechanic replace the front brake pads and rotors.

Are you sick yet?