certification at canadian tire

J

Jay

I brought my car in for cert. For change of ownership..it passed no problem. Took car back two weeks later they say it needs a ball joint...."If it does then how was it certified!". Second problem...I had a tensioner replace nine months ago..today they have to replace the altenator and they say the "tensioner needs to be replaced and the bolt is stripped "which they Did" and this will cost me an extra 1000.00..to re tap the hole after they drill out the bolt they stripped...How do you stop a big company like this? I have been taken advantage of at least that's the way I feel

Guest-0292

Posted by an unregistered user
take it back , fill out a complaint form and tell them they hurt your FEELINGS so you can get your money back.

Guest-0302

I brought my car in for cert. For change of ownership..it passed no problem. Took car back two weeks later they say it needs a ball joint...."If it does then how was it certified!". Second problem...I had a tensioner replace nine months ago..today they have to replace the altenator and they say the "tensioner needs to be replaced and the bolt is stripped "which they Did" and this will cost me an extra 1000.00..to re tap the hole after they drill out the bolt they stripped...How do you stop a big company like this? I have been taken advantage of at least that's the way I feel

Two weeks anything can happen with a ball joint. Read the cert. it states at date of inspections. After that anything can happen. You know how many streets have speed bumps that cause were and tear. You might be able to do something about the tensioner bolt. NOw,..an extra $1000 to drill out the bolt is bull.

Guest-0196

How do you stop a big company like this?

There's a very simple answer to that. STOP RUNNING BACK TO THEM AND GIVING THEM MORE OF YOUR MONEY!
Why is it that when Canadian Tire is dishing out bullshit, Canadians of all walks of life go flocking back for seconds?