Guest-0051

Posted by an unregistered user
I working at a small canadian tire store am not at all pleased with the owner of canadian tire stores. my perticualar store owner is a complete dick, lets start with the employe's He is always rushing the employe's and he treats them all like garbage, no-one gets the respect that they deserve or the hours that they ask for. I know of some employe's in the store that i work at that are only getting 3 hours a week! when they nicely ask if they can get more hours they are told there are no more hours for them to have... If you can only afford to have this person in for 3 hours a week why did you hire them in the first place? on top of that im fairly certain that it is impossible to get a raise at ctc no matter how long you have worked there. i only working part time can't say anything about the employee benifits but i can only imagine.

the customers:

I respect the customers and understand what it is like to be under quoted on a job but honestly people working in the part's department do not know every single thing about a job thats being done in the shop so please! do you honestly need to call the police into the store because you were under quoted by $15 we the staff would like to be treated the same way you want to be treated when you walk into the store. not yelled at when we make a mistake. ask for the manager if you have a problem, we shoulden't have to deal with the yelling and screaming from customers but on the other hand we would LOVE to see you yell and scream at the owner or manager of the store.

sertain people are lets say "assigned" to certain parts of the store so if we cant find something on the opposite side of the store don't reply with "don't you work here?" we try to help you the best we can. sometimes its not much but hey were trying our best here.

customer service:

If you are wondering why you just got the shittyest service you have ever got in your life? its probiblly because the store manager and/or owner doesen't give the employee's any credit for helping you... the only credit we get is for "filling holes" or stalking shelves. its almost as if they want us to completely blow off the customers when they ask us for help. are you wondering why theres no one at the parts desk? Its because if the owner see's you standing around there for a split second you are in shit. this is a direct quote from what my store owner told me when i was standing at the dest minimum of 5 seconds after just helped a customer " why the hell are you standing around. HOLES HOLES HOLES HOLES HOLES" like im a dog or something. why are they always pissed off anyways? IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR FUCKING JOB GET A NEW ONE!

just my 2 cents. don't thrash on me for spelling i know im not the best.

ps. ill probiblly be checking up on this to see what you have to say so post up whatever it is your thinking

Guest-0044

One pressing question arises in my mind after reading that. Is the employment market so bad that you have no other choice than to work at Canadian Tire?

rudesalespeople

I bought table umbrella. The wind broke it off at the table top, bent/broke tin right in two. It was first time I used it. The manager agreed the material was crap, but refused return because it was an act of "God" and there was nothing they could do about the crappy material!!!!:mad:

Guest-0058

Oh for crying out loud, enough about the table umbrella! You've posted that like six times!

rudesalespeople

If you do not like my posts why are you reading them six times? You must be salespeople I am talking about, or owner of Canadian Tire. Walmart stands behind their umbrellas for 90 days, even if God "did it" I will post message as often as I like, and anywhere I like. Canadians need to band to-gether against cheap junk that Canadian Tire, or any other store blames on God, who, as far as I know did not in fact make it.:jiggy:

Guest-0082

If you do not like my posts why are you reading them six times? You must be salespeople I am talking about, or owner of Canadian Tire. Walmart stands behind their umbrellas for 90 days, even if God "did it" I will post message as often as I like, and anywhere I like. Canadians need to band to-gether against cheap junk that Canadian Tire, or any other store blames on God, who, as far as I know did not in fact make it.:jiggy:

Dude, people aren't puposely reading your umbrella posts, you are hijacking other people's threads about it so they have no choice but to see it. Give it a rest already, being a tool like this only makes me thankfull you got screwed by CT, just for being such a douche. I have a few questions about your umbrella. How long did you own it? Did you have a receipt of your purchase? Did the wind break it or did you break it? Are you smart enough to realize you should close an umbrella when it's very windy out? These are important questions.

Guest-0061

Dude, people aren't puposely reading your umbrella posts, you are hijacking other people's threads about it so they have no choice but to see it. Give it a rest already, being a tool like this only makes me thankfull you got screwed by CT, just for being such a douche. I have a few questions about your umbrella. How long did you own it? Did you have a receipt of your purchase? Did the wind break it or did you break it? Are you smart enough to realize you should close an umbrella when it's very windy out? These are important questions.

Dude and douche. The new Canadian official words.

Guest-0051

One pressing question arises in my mind after reading that. Is the employment market so bad that you have no other choice than to work at Canadian Tire?

im 16 lol so yea canadian tire is pretty much the best place i can work. i do have vary good automotive skills but no one will hire me for that because of my age... and to add on top of my already lond rant. why the fuck do people that work at canadian tire get paid minimum wage? we do all this extra training and e learning bs for what? nothing... i could sit on my ass all day and pump gas and make the same ammount of money without all the stress and extra training. to bad noones hiring in town. but seriouslly shoulden't we get something even if its like 9.20 instead of the current minimum 8.90 just thinking about this is depressing. and about the umberlla... no comment. i dont do returns hahaha

B

browny

I;m 22 and ill tell you after working up north the wages are a real slap in the face, lets pay someone with L3 first aid and all the skills for anything and has an amazing resume 8.50 an hour!! :eek:h we need you to work OT so that you can carry heavy stuff for our seasonal department...F*** You! not a chance i an goingto hurt myself for $8 an hour! and then because im in assembly, everything get blamed on me...i didnt even do it!
and honestly ppl, if you dont already know that alot of the stuff that is in canadain tire is junk and for light duty work, and if it does not work for you it's NOTHING to take it back with reciept and turn it in! (oh and make sure you bring the canadian tire money too) and its NOTHING to read instructions for proper care and operations, or even common sence...if you are not using the umbrella, close it up and put it in prtective area to keep it from sunfading, and damage from anything..........how lazy you have to be? things dont take care of themselves
AND CHILDREN with bikes...make them use the kickstand and take care of the things that are given to you!!, throwing them on the growed and twisting the cables up around that handlebars are not an excuse for returning! its neglegence and you have to deal with your angery child, not my fault, i tighten everything up as tight as it can go and make sure that they are safe.....CT IS a shitty place to work, but it was the only place that would call me after applying at dozens of jobs, and now waiting despritly to back to the north

Guest-0205

I;m 22 and ill tell you after working up north the wages are a real slap in the face, lets pay someone with L3 first aid and all the skills for anything and has an amazing resume 8.50 an hour!! :eek:h we need you to work OT so that you can carry heavy stuff for our seasonal department...F*** You! not a chance i an goingto hurt myself for $8 an hour! and then because im in assembly, everything get blamed on me...i didnt even do it!
and honestly ppl, if you dont already know that alot of the stuff that is in canadain tire is junk and for light duty work, and if it does not work for you it's NOTHING to take it back with reciept and turn it in! (oh and make sure you bring the canadian tire money too) and its NOTHING to read instructions for proper care and operations, or even common sence...if you are not using the umbrella, close it up and put it in prtective area to keep it from sunfading, and damage from anything..........how lazy you have to be? things dont take care of themselves
AND CHILDREN with bikes...make them use the kickstand and take care of the things that are given to you!!, throwing them on the growed and twisting the cables up around that handlebars are not an excuse for returning! its neglegence and you have to deal with your angery child, not my fault, i tighten everything up as tight as it can go and make sure that they are safe.....CT IS a shitty place to work, but it was the only place that would call me after applying at dozens of jobs, and now waiting despritly to back to the north

Jeeze go cry to momma numb nuts, i have no sympathy to someone who complains about pay in your situation. You go into that job knowing what the pay is, and if you have an "amazing resume" you wouldn't be working there. My guess is you go do some form of manual labour up north which take no real awesomeness just good old manual labour in crappy conditions that pay well. CT is not hard work ( it is definetly annoying work ) but not worth huge dollars, and people with your attitude dont even deserve the job let alone be paid for it. GO UP