DavidLeR

Well, I'm paraphrasing, but check it out at Canadian Tire chief shuffles management, tells employees to shape up - thestar.com

"We have to improve our performance", said Wetmore.

The article describes "a commitment to better serve customers of its stores, particularly in its lagging automotive business." Bring it on.

The articles says that Wetmore "put the remaining employees and dealers on notice they need to shape up." Hallelujah, Brother!

Note this name: Glenn Butt, VP "in charge of customer experience". Sounds like he needs an account on this site.

"They've had a spotty history in customer service,” said Brian Yarbrough. No kidding!

It was interesting to read what Mark Petrie, analyst with CIBC World Markets, wrote in a note to clients. “We have long believed that Canadian Tire had the potential for significant cost savings across the company".

That seems to contradict statement by many CTC defenders on this site: that the only way they can save a buck & keep the lights on is through crappy service and ridiculous return policies. Ha! Get your own act together, and you won't need to screw over you customer base.

It turns out that's this poor attitude may have to change, since "more employees will see their pay tied to performance". Here's hoping that's going to happen at the store level.

Guest-0591

Posted by an unregistered user
I laughed out loud when CAD Tire said they should not have a problem having a customer go away happy with a tire purchase. They had such an abysmal response when we asked for tires that we walked away without a tire purchase. They told us "these are THE tires for your 2003 Suzuki Aerio", and then gave us a price of $1200 for four tires. We went to a trusted tire dealer instead, who showed us several different models of tires for our vehicle and then sold us some top of the line tires for a total of $600. (half the CAD Tire price for better tires, and yes, they do make more than one kind of tire for our car, but CAD Tire doesn't seem to think so).

Well, I'm paraphrasing, but check it out at Canadian Tire chief shuffles management, tells employees to shape up - thestar.com

"We have to improve our performance", said Wetmore.

The article describes "a commitment to better serve customers of its stores, particularly in its lagging automotive business." Bring it on.

The articles says that Wetmore "put the remaining employees and dealers on notice they need to shape up." Hallelujah, Brother!

Note this name: Glenn Butt, VP "in charge of customer experience". Sounds like he needs an account on this site.

"They've had a spotty history in customer service,” said Brian Yarbrough. No kidding!

It was interesting to read what Mark Petrie, analyst with CIBC World Markets, wrote in a note to clients. “We have long believed that Canadian Tire had the potential for significant cost savings across the company".

That seems to contradict statement by many CTC defenders on this site: that the only way they can save a buck & keep the lights on is through crappy service and ridiculous return policies. Ha! Get your own act together, and you won't need to screw over you customer base.

It turns out that's this poor attitude may have to change, since "more employees will see their pay tied to performance". Here's hoping that's going to happen at the store level.

CT Me / Lawguy

Posted by an unregistered user
I laughed out loud when CAD Tire said they should not have a problem having a customer go away happy with a tire purchase. They had such an abysmal response when we asked for tires that we walked away without a tire purchase. They told us "these are THE tires for your 2003 Suzuki Aerio", and then gave us a price of $1200 for four tires. We went to a trusted tire dealer instead, who showed us several different models of tires for our vehicle and then sold us some top of the line tires for a total of $600. (half the CAD Tire price for better tires, and yes, they do make more than one kind of tire for our car, but CAD Tire doesn't seem to think so).

I call complete and total Bullshit on this. Here's why. I just searched my system under an 03 Aerio. The most expensive tire I could find in the original size was $189.00 / tire. That's the most expensive. After balance install and tax I can't get anywhere near 1200.

The most common tires that i'm sure all stores stock will run between 80 - 130 / tire leaving the final price right around $600.00

So unless the tire size was discussed incorrectly, or the vehicle was discussed incorrectly you would not have received a 1200 dollar quote.

Wait for the response now;...... "typical canadian tire dealer, blames the customer"

CT Challenger

What's B.S. is that the Crappy Store gave only one quote for $1200, but a different store offered a range of lower prices.

We now have another unverified quote from a Crappy Person, also confirming that the $1200 quote was excessive.

Yes, that $1200 quote was very clearly B.S.!