CT Challenger

You are a slick one, lawguy/Unregistered.

Care to admit that you were wrong? Interpreted incorrecty?

Care to admit that davidler was right?

I assume not.

On the fight you started with davidler, you are now trying to recast this as being about electric.

Very, very slick.

Angry CT Guy

Posted by an unregistered user
DavidLer is correct.....almost every item with a gas powered engine (pressure washer, lawnmower, generator, tractor, snowblower) are repair warranty only from the second it leaves the door. But here is how that warranty works, just in case you thought there was no recourse for a truly defective item. The product must be sent to a an authorized repair outlet to determine if it is truly defective (ie. a returns clerk is hardly qualified as a small engine mechanic). If the item is truly defective, a return authorization is issued to the retailer and the customer gets a new one....and this goes for the entire length of the warranty, whether it be 1 day or 5 years. However, if the customer put too much oil in it, or not at all, or they have a 2 stroke and improperly mixed the gas, or they ran over a large rock with their lawnmower, or they just plain are lying due to buyer's remorse, then they OWN it PERIOD.
Of course there is recourse for a defective product, it's the law.....but absolutely nowhere does the CPA or sale of goods act say that it has to be on the spot....the retailer has every right to test the item, send it to a qualified technician, and due their due diligence to ensure it really IS defective.
DavidLer.....I know you don't like to answer questions that conflict with your version of the truth, but do you not believe that a retailer has the right to verify if an item is truly defective?

lol cool, another taker in the argument

the simoniz electric pressure washers all carry the same warranty details. the documentation i have specifies the range of products it covers.

i did not start this petty argument. in fact you will find an entire thread on simoniz electric pressure washers that has been ongoing long before i ever joined this board. this thread has connected to it in regards to davidler's claim that a warranty that specifies repair of defective is illegal. statistics that this is hotly debated? are you for real? the debate on this board has been going on for months in regards to it, so when i say hotly debated, i mean on here.

so i decided to take this a step beyond... phone call back to canadian tire for gas pressure washer warranty. repair only, do not return to store. if the debate had been about gas pw's, davidler would be correct. unfortuantely the debate was about electric pw's

CT Me / Lawguy

DavidLer is correct.....almost every item with a gas powered engine (pressure washer, lawnmower, generator, tractor, snowblower) are repair warranty only from the second it leaves the door. But here is how that warranty works, just in case you thought there was no recourse for a truly defective item. The product must be sent to a an authorized repair outlet to determine if it is truly defective (ie. a returns clerk is hardly qualified as a small engine mechanic). If the item is truly defective, a return authorization is issued to the retailer and the customer gets a new one....and this goes for the entire length of the warranty, whether it be 1 day or 5 years. However, if the customer put too much oil in it, or not at all, or they have a 2 stroke and improperly mixed the gas, or they ran over a large rock with their lawnmower, or they just plain are lying due to buyer's remorse, then they OWN it PERIOD.
Of course there is recourse for a defective product, it's the law.....but absolutely nowhere does the CPA or sale of goods act say that it has to be on the spot....the retailer has every right to test the item, send it to a qualified technician, and due their due diligence to ensure it really IS defective.
DavidLer.....I know you don't like to answer questions that conflict with your version of the truth, but do you not believe that a retailer has the right to verify if an item is truly defective?

i would only add one thing to this. if the defect on the item can be repaired at the noted repair depot with basic parts it will be repaired under warranty and returned to the customer. So lets say as an example a pulley failed, or bearing wore out pre-maturely it's fixed. if it's catastrophic failure, it's returned to the manufacturer with authorization and a replacement given.

Angry CT Guy

You are a slick one, lawguy/Unregistered.

Care to admit that you were wrong? Interpreted incorrecty?

Care to admit that davidler was right?

I assume not.

On the fight you started with davidler, you are now trying to recast this as being about electric.

Very, very slick.

Also, let's make sure we're all on the same page....we are talking defects only....not damaged in the box when opened for the first time (ie. Broken handle, dented, etc.). This is called concealed damage and is not classified as a defect.....bring it back immediately and get a new one, regardless of whether it's gas powered or not.

S

Smart Consumer

I'm sure that CT Me, lawguy, Unregistered, and all the other self-appointed CT representatives who post here would be very glad if the customers they so clearly hate would just cave in, and accept their version of the law, becoming in the process 'good customers' who blindly follow the exploitive policies that the store has set up to ensnare them.

Too bad for the CT rep's, that some customers can think for themselves, do their own research, and easily see through the barrage of irrelevant postings, and realize for themselves that this is just an extension of the store's attempts to deceive their only source of income: the Canadian consumer.

Good luck with your BS campaign, lawguy and Unregistered. The truth is out there, but it sure isn't coming from you.

Lucky for us you've been proven over and over again to be liars and BS'ers, enough that we know to look into things for ourselves, and not take your unreliable word for anything. And guess what? We are learning the very things you don't want us to know about.

Thanks in part to you keeping these threads fresh and alive and easier to find via search engines.

CT Me / Lawguy

smartconsumer

this has nothing to do with anyone caving in, this has everything to do with consumers and stores having certain rights and obligations to certain products. they may not always be the most convenient, but they are the rules. davidler and his followers seem to believe that ct is making their own path and breaking the law.

i would challenge anyone to take canadiantire to court for their claimed illegal practices. any self appointed smart consumer or smart human being for that matter would understand that companies spend millions every year to ensure that everything from their return policies to their signage at stores follow the laws for the areas which they operate within. so because a small group of disgruntled customers who made up a forum decide they interpret their practices is illegal, it must be illegal.

that doesn't sound very smart to me. go ahead take them to court, you'll sure to win thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands. perhaps even a class action lawsuit. im sure canadian tire has never had their lawguys look at their policies that are avaialble at 480 stores. i'm sure that all the legal pros on here have outsmarted the groups of millionaires that run ct. way to go guys, you should be proud.

Angry CT Guy

smartconsumer, DavidLer, and anyone else spewing part truths and biased interpretations will always have others, including myself, that will attempt to present the rest of the story. When only one side is heard, people have a hard time determining the truth. This thread continues on so that anyone reading it can make an "informed" decision. Very specific questions are asked of negative posters, and they most often dodge them to mask the real truth....they think that bullshit baffles brains and the public at large will buy it. I'm convinced there is an alterior motive....could be the financial gain of the administrator of this site, or the self promotion of a would be consumer advocate....but at the end of the day, the posts are not accurate and people need to know that.

C

CT ME, LawGuy and Unreg'd

Greetings Canadian Tire Customers!

It has come to our attention that some of you are not believing the lies we are telling you on this site.

This MUST stop immediately.

It is especially important the you not do any research of your own, nor listen to the experts in the field of consumer protection legislation (even though they know far more about these topics than we do).

How can you be “Good Customers” if you are constantly questioning the B.S. that Canadian Tire and the staff in Returns keep telling you? Rest assured, not very good customers at all. Shame on you!

Since it’s been a few hours since the previous repetition of our lies, let us just repeat them yet again.

1 – Never, ever contact the Ontario Ministry of Consumer Protection at 1-800-889-9768. Believe us when we tell you, they are just a bunch of liars! They will tell you that Section 14 of the Act describes a Misrepresentation as being the sale of defective items, and that the consumer can cancel the transaction, therefore getting a full refund. We say, "Nonsense"! Trust us, who have lawyers to figure this stuff out.

2 - Never, ever read the Ontario Consumer Protection legislation (at "http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_02c30_e.htm#BK16") for yourself, especially where it says it covers individuals buying merchandise for themselves or family from a seller.

3 – If you happen to stumble upon the CPA, do NOT read part IX, “Procedure For Consumer Remedies”. All that stuff about cancelling an agreement, and getting a refund? Through your credit card, no less? We say, "Bunk"! Take our word for it: we know the rules; you don’t.

4 - Even though CT clearly sucks far more than other Canadian retailer (as the very existence of this web page proves), it’s important that you believe us when lie, ur, um “say”, that other stores suck JUST as much as us. So buy from us!

5 – Even though no other retailers would dare to put a “90 day return” policy on their web sites and in their stores, then print an obscure and misleading statement on the back of your receipt saying (after the fact) that there won’t be any returns allowed, you absolutely MUST believe us when we lie to you and say, “all other stores SAY THE SAME DAMN THING” and all other stores will say “sorry – no refund” if it's defective.

6 - Absolutely, positively, do NOT check out the web site for yourselves of our competitors, or call their customer support lines, or visit their CS desks. They are all liars! Believe US!

In closing, no matter how often we are proven wrong, and how often others are proven to be correct, you must always (ALWAYS!) listen to and believe us, the CT Representative, CT ME, LawGuy and UnRegistered.

Although we do indeed hate all customers, and consider you all just a mob of potential (if not actual) scammer and abusers, never forget that we have only YOUR best interests at heart!

Thank you for your continued blind and unquestioning compliance!

Angry CT Guy

DavidLer is full of bunk. No such return policy, no such application to his interpretations of single lines in a complex act. Do call the ministry of consumer protection....you'll be in for a good surprise if you believe this joker.
He probably believes you don't really have to pay taxes either....check it out, lots of websites dedicated to the belief that taxes are voluntary. See you in jail, when you refuse to pay them though. Fringe players never live happy lives, they just can't seem to change the majority's viewpoint.

Guest-0428

DavidLer is full of bunk. No such return policy, no such application to his interpretations of single lines in a complex act. Do call the ministry of consumer protection....

Which policy are you claiming does not exist? The one where CT allows refunds during the first 90 days for most products? Or the Repair Only policy that doesn't allow any refunds ever?

What exactly are the interpretations that you say are DavidLer's? I only see ones from other sites he's referenced.

Guest-0428

Point #5 in post # 128

Ok, so Which policy are you claiming does not exist?

The CT “90 day return” policy on their web sites and in their stores?

The obscure and misleading statement on the back of your receipt saying (after the fact) that there won’t be any returns allowed?

The one that CT has but others dont' saying “sorry – no refund” if it's defective?

You need to be more specific. There are a lot of topics under discussion.

Angry CT Guy

Ok, so Which policy are you claiming does not exist?

The CT “90 day return” policy on their web sites and in their stores?

The obscure and misleading statement on the back of your receipt saying (after the fact) that there won’t be any returns allowed?

The one that CT has but others dont' saying “sorry – no refund” if it's defective?

You need to be more specific. There are a lot of topics under discussion.

Where does it say ther will be no returns allowed?......more bunk and crap spewing

Where does it say no refund if it's defective?.....more made up interpretations that are untrue

You just need to be credible or at least write with some common sense. Where are all the lawsuits against this apparently ridiculous and "illegal" policy?

I guess it just doesn't happen for some sort of reason.....why don't you enlighten us with why that is.....this is the question you avoid the most......hiding something?

CT Challenger

Where does it say ther will be no returns allowed?......more bunk and crap spewing

liar

in-store policy statement, ask customer service, or call 1-800-387-8803. Press 5

on gas pressure washers: not returnable, no exchange. repair only

Where does it say no refund if it's defective?.....more made up interpretations that are untrue

liar

in-store policy statement, ask customer service, or call 1-800-387-8803. Press 5

on gas pressure washers: not returnable. repair only

this deal is so bad, it seems like even you dont believe it exists

but it does

U

unhappy

Car Batteries-don't buy from Canadian Tire

I had an even worse problem with a faulty car battery I bought from Canadian Tire. First, here's my advice: buy your car battery from WALMART!!! They have great service & prices, and stand behind their products. Avoid CT as they are very arrogant and mean!

The battery I bought from Canadian Tire stopped charging after a few days. I went back, and the manager totally agreed it was faulty, and they agreed from my receipt it was less than 1 week old. However, they absolutely refused to refund my money because some small ID sticker was missing from thebattery. (I didn't even know what they were talking about.) I even wrote the CT head office & they STILL refused the refund!! Don't forget I had a 5-year warranty!!!

Once again, if you can avoid it, don't buy from Canadian Tire. Since then I've bought all my car supplies including tires, batteries, etc from WALMART & I'm happy I did! ...Mr. E.