Angry CT Guy

Posted by an unregistered user
I only wanted to prove a point...the real you comes out when challenged with facts or common sense. You list meaningless cases that have zero relation to your opinion on cash refunds for defective items and you hope to fool the perusers of this site that you are either knowledgable or of importance. When faced with real challenge, the best you can do is sink to the lowest denominator and resort to name calling. You are not valid, you are not accurate and from what I can tell, you are not even relevant....good bye.

Guest-0276

I only wanted to prove a point...the real you comes out when challenged with facts or common sense. You list meaningless cases that have zero relation to your opinion on cash refunds for defective items and you hope to fool the perusers of this site that you are either knowledgable or of importance. When faced with real challenge, the best you can do is sink to the lowest denominator and resort to name calling. You are not valid, you are not accurate and from what I can tell, you are not even relevant....good bye.

So dipshit waste of skin wannabe lawyer what point is that you proved? That you're full of shit and don't know what the fuck you're talking about? Yeah, we all get that. How the hell would you know those examples are irrelevant to CPA ? Did you even check out the cases you fucking retard? You tell me something about those cases then Mr CT douchabag minimum wage cockaroach. Those cases directly involve CPA and were ruled with CPA as test and some as a deciding factor.

you hope to fool the perusers of this site that you are either knowledgable or of importance.

Really? Did I make a claim that I was an expert on this one? Nope that was you.

you cant find it because it doesn`t exist. as far as i can tell, davidler has a loose interpretation of the words contained in the act and is trying to twist them into a bunch of legal bullshit thinking he is entitled to something. i work in law, in ontario. i have a ton of experience in consumer law.

Those cases cited should be in your alley then dip shit. Oh by the way, you flapped gum and were proven to be a liar on that one.

You called me out on this one, you wanted one example of a court case involving CPA. I gave you two. That's right you got bitch slapped again, now flap more gum and run away. Go sign an organ donor card...watch for falling objects.

CT Me / Lawguy

So dipshit waste of skin wannabe lawyer what point is that you proved? That you're full of shit and don't know what the fuck you're talking about? Yeah, we all get that. How the hell would you know those examples are irrelevant to CPA ? Did you even check out the cases you fucking retard? You tell me something about those cases then Mr CT douchabag minimum wage cockaroach. Those cases directly involve CPA and were ruled with CPA as test and some as a deciding factor.

Really? Did I make a claim that I was an expert on this one? Nope that was you.

Those cases cited should be in your alley then dip shit. Oh by the way, you flapped gum and were proven to be a liar on that one.

You called me out on this one, you wanted one example of a court case involving CPA. I gave you two. That's right you got bitch slapped again, now flap more gum and run away. Go sign an organ donor card...watch for falling objects.

sorry dude, i have zero time to respond to this kind of garbage. as far as i'm concerned you are typical of a life long complainer who thinks he is above all. foul mouthed, insulting, know it all attitude. i don't know who you are, i don't care who you are, you carry no weight, no credibility and anything of value or intelligence that you have posted on here gets flattened by your inability to think and communicate like a reasonable person in a civilized world.
my guess is this is how you live your life and will never know any better

thanks for playing, but you do not pass go, do not collect $200.00

fail

Guest-0276

sorry dude, i have zero time to respond to this kind of garbage. as far as i'm concerned you are typical of a life long complainer who thinks he is above all. foul mouthed, insulting, know it all attitude. i don't know who you are, i don't care who you are, you carry no weight, no credibility and anything of value or intelligence that you have posted on here gets flattened by your inability to think and communicate like a reasonable person in a civilized world.
my guess is this is how you live your life and will never know any better

thanks for playing, but you do not pass go, do not collect $200.00

fail

awww you were proven to be a liar and now your feelings are hurt...go cry about it while you rip off more people at the returns desk. Some one was mean to a dumb minimum wage POS retail woman manager guru in nothing wahhh. Oh no better yet tell owner papa luigi and he'll give you a real job and put you in the garage to make the real money from seniors

Guest-0276

Where o' where did we see this shit before? lawguy/Ct Me/CT Manager/Retailer douchabags cockaroach
gabagoo losers

DavidLeR

Dear Unregistered:

Please don’t be offended, but I have to let you know something. I have to admit that, for a while, I was finding you a bit, well … annoying.

I’m sure that nobody in ‘real life’ would ever find you grating or droning, but that’s how it was for me. Reading (well, skimming, really) post after post of the same, unsubstantiated claims.

(It was almost as if you believe that, if you repeated the same old speculations enough times, people would forget that you had no back-up for your claims whatsoever.)

But here’s the good news: you’ll be relieved to know that I now find you highly amusing!!!!

Isn’t that awesome???

I think the tipping point for me was the recent ‘exchange’ exchange.

(Get it?)

Yes, you set out to prove that CT’s policies aren’t in violation of any laws. In particular, that the law doesn’t require a refund for a defective item. (Which it does; did I happen to mention that?)

But here’s what’s so entertaining:

The only thing you managed to find any evidence for at all, is that CT’s policy on exchanges is illegal!
“LOL Hilarious”, as your cohort ‘CT Me’ used to phrase it.

(Posters type ‘LOL’ all the time, but you can be sure I really am!)

do you think that these large corporations, with a multitude of lawyers in their employ …

Well, now. Here’s a real head-scratcher of a conundrum, don’t you think?

How can it be, that the “multitude of lawyers” failed to find something, that you were able to Google up in just a day or two, with basically no legal training whatsoever?

Beginners luck, perhaps?

Are there just too many of them? Or perhaps too few?

do you think that these large corporations … don't have their asses covered every which way and sideways? I know that they do.

Talk about an epic fail! Somehow, they clearly don’t have their behinds covered, at least not in this way.

What's spectacularly funny is how you started out saying you “know that they do”, and just a few blundering days later, you proved that they don’t!

This will especially hit them on their precious “Repair Only” policy, which Crappy Tire has invented for notoriously faulty products like the Simonize pressure washers. That’s the policy that says it can’t be returned, even if it’s kaput, right out of the box.

Now that you’ve discovered this non-compliant policy on CT’s, I’m sure you’ll agree they’ll want to have this glaring gap closed ‘toot sweet’, right? Because, as you said:

Smart businesses will try and accommodate their good customers

And, I know you will want to set them straight on this, ASAP.

So. Have you given the CT head office a call? I’m sure if they knew of your dedicated efforts on their behalf, they’d be glad to hear from you.

In fact, maybe they are in need of a good legal researcher, such as yourself (LOL). I bet there’s even an opening or two coming up in their legal staff!

Maybe they’ll throw in a free pressure washer, as an extra ‘thank-you’ gift. (Too bad it won’t work, LOL!)

So, when are the “repair only” policy signs coming down? Have they given you an expected roll-out date?

Do you think they’ll feel bad enough over their past wrong-doings to hunt down that elderly couple, and give them a replacement pressure washer, rather than make them wait for the brand-new-but-dead-out-of-the-box unit to get fixed?

In the meantime, I’m still waiting for your back-up material on that claim that there are lots of web sites on your "no law requiring refunds" theory. Because I sure can't find them.

Oh, and the list of sites from other retailers that have “some variation" of CT’s “If a product is defective, the manufacturer’s warranty will apply” statements. Because I sure can’t find that, either.

And, of course, don't forget to get back to us on CT's valiant efforts to become fully compliant (at least with the exchange issue), and on your new job prospects!

DavidLeR

There was a question regarding whether anyone has "successfully won" (as opposed to "unsuccessfully won"? or "successfully lost"?) a decision in court using my interpretation of CPA or Sale of Goods acts.

First of all, I strongly suggest you NOT try to win a court case based the interpretation of anyone posting on this forum, including my own (such as my post #43 on the Sale of Goods Act thread).

However, I humbly suggest you might attempt it based on the interpretation of the consumer law experts quoted in my post #36 on that same thread:

"https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...plaints-chat/707-sale-goods-act.html#post2553"

I also suggest you contact the Ministry of Consumer Services (or equivalent) in your province. In Ontario, they can be reached at Ministry of Consumer Services - Consumer Protection, Consumer Education, Consumer Information, or call them at 1-800-889-9768.

-----

That being said, the original poster on the very thread you are reading now (i.e. “EVOLVE TREADMILL”) claimed thusly:

Thank you DavidLeR for your reply, very much appreciated … Today I finally gave that piece of junk back to CT and had my refund.

Other details were provided, including:

Consumer Contact Centre. Toll-free in Alberta 1-877-427-4088
Civil (Small Claims Court)

Angry CT Guy

I've seen some ranting and raving before, but this DavidLer joker takes the cake. "raving lunatic" comes to mind. I've seen better behavior from my three year old.
Just for the record, it was my posting that referenced other retailers return policies and I am not Ctme or law guy for that matter....why is it that when faced with facts, you rant and rave all the more. As I've said, you are not relevant or accurate in your one line interpretations. You can try and bully your points across all you want....you just prove your social misfit status and anger management issues.

DavidLeR

Just for the record, it was my posting that referenced other retailers return policies

OK, so where's your list of sites from other retailers that have “some variation" of CT’s “the manufacturer’s warranty will apply” or "repair only" policies? Still waiting.

I am not Ctme or law guy for that matter

If you don’t want to be confused with other Unregistered posters, then invest the 5 minutes to register.
Just stop complaining about something that’s your own fault, and can be easily fixed by you.

why is it that when faced with facts, you rant and rave all the more.

And these “facts” are where? On the CT web site? On the back of their receipt? Please, you’ve already proven to the world that these are unreliable sources. (“Thanks, Unregistered 2796!”)

And where is your long list of web sites that back up your "no law requiring refunds" theory? Still waiting.

you are not relevant or accurate in your one line interpretations.

You still don’t seem to get it: these are the ‘interpretations’ of the sources I’ve quoted. If you don’t like what the sources say, then take it up with them.

By the way, what did the Canadian Tire representatives say when to you told them what you've proven through the BBB site? Are they fixing their policies yet? Waiting for an update!

You can try and bully your points across all you want

First, you decided to post anti-customer garbage on a pro-customer web site.

Then, you decided to pick a fight with me by calling me names.

But if I post some fact-based sarcasm, you decide that it’s me who’s the bully?

Yeah, somebody's got issues, alright.

In your excitement to post your latest offendedness, you somehow forgot to post all those updates you wrote about.

Don't worry. We'll all be here.

Waiting.

Angry CT Guy

Here you go sport, although I'm quite sure you have already read the return policies of these retailers....they are all online

Walmart....."our goal is to satisfy customers by exchange, refund or repair (if possible)

Home Hardware....."Each item is guaranteed in accordance with the terms of any specific manufacturer' warranty. Retain all Warranties in case of future adjustment. If your qualifying product Proves defective within 1 year of purchase, Your home dealer will replace it With a new one"

Home Depot...."The home depot reserves the right To limit or refuse to accept The return of certain merchandise at any time and for any reason". Also on their site "Gasoline powered equipment may be returned within 30 days of purchase with a valid receipt. After 30 days, the item may be sent out for repair at the owner's expense unless covered by warranty"

Lowes......."You may return it for refund or exchange, within our current return policy guidelines". They then list guidelines about time frames and manufacturers warranty, varied depending on the item.

I then called the BBB in London, Ont. and asked if a retailer can refuse to refund me for an item that is defective, the day I bought it.....there answer....."if that's their policy". I asked for clarification...."returns are a privilege businesses offer to attract and retain customers....they are not legally obligated to offer anything"

Not sure if that is enough for you...but then again, you already knew the answer, you just refuse to accept it.

DavidLeR

Here you go sport,

Cool!

We might actually have some 'facts' from you that we can discuss (for a change - it's been rather one-sided).

I'll get back to you, once I've looked them over.

Next up:

When can we expect some of those web pages you claimed will prove that the laws (as opposed to store policies) don't require the retailer to provide a refund? You know, the ones that disprove all the link to reputable sources that I provided.

(The BBB site you quoted wasn't clear, and actually proved that CT is non-compliant regarding exchange options).

I'll give you a little more time to finalize that, while I review your quotes from retailer sites.

And finally:

What did the Canadian Tire representatives say when to you told them about the glaring non-compliance you found in their policy on exchanges?

Looking forward to your forth-coming facts!

Guest-0276

Here you go sport, although I'm quite sure you have already read the return policies of these retailers....they are all online

Walmart....."our goal is to satisfy customers by exchange, refund or repair (if possible)

Home Hardware....."Each item is guaranteed in accordance with the terms of any specific manufacturer' warranty. Retain all Warranties in case of future adjustment. If your qualifying product Proves defective within 1 year of purchase, Your home dealer will replace it With a new one"

Home Depot...."The home depot reserves the right To limit or refuse to accept The return of certain merchandise at any time and for any reason". Also on their site "Gasoline powered equipment may be returned within 30 days of purchase with a valid receipt. After 30 days, the item may be sent out for repair at the owner's expense unless covered by warranty"

Lowes......."You may return it for refund or exchange, within our current return policy guidelines". They then list guidelines about time frames and manufacturers warranty, varied depending on the item.

I then called the BBB in London, Ont. and asked if a retailer can refuse to refund me for an item that is defective, the day I bought it.....there answer....."if that's their policy". I asked for clarification...."returns are a privilege businesses offer to attract and retain customers....they are not legally obligated to offer anything"

Not sure if that is enough for you...but then again, you already knew the answer, you just refuse to accept it.

Dip shit that's not proof. The writing in the womens toilet stall is proof. While you're at it you can disprove those two court cases involving CPA. The plaintiffs won by the way shit for brains, CPA was cited by the plaintiffs, reviewed by the judges and ruled that damages and certification were in order, now why is that dip shit?.But you wouldn't know that because you're a completely worthless fucktard, talking out of your ass. Go ahead, I bet you wouldn't even know how to begin, with your pathetic clerk skills and hopeless retail job. Now go to papa luigi and ask him if you can turn tricks on another corner on the one leg you have because you suck working in the garage. I hope he has a wheel chair for you because it looks like DavidLer has donned a hockey mask and revving up his chainsaw of facts.

Angry CT Guy

That's right.....all of the retailers have posted illegal and non-binding policies for all to view and challenge in court......right! And with the thousands of stores between them, I'm sure they have all pissed off their share of customers regarding returns.....but I can't find even one decision against them in a court of law regarding returns or defective products.....not one. And with the over 40,000 lawyers in Canada, don't you think that at least one of them would have posted their success against one of these behemoths....they post all their other wins.
No.....people with your set of social skills, well ummm, they just don't make for good clients.

Guest-0276

That's right.....all of the retailers have posted illegal and non-binding policies for all to view and challenge in court......right! but I can't find even one decision against them in a court of law regarding returns or defective products.....not one. And with the over 40,000 lawyers in Canada, don't you think that at least one of them would have posted their success against one of these behemoths....they post all their other wins.

What are you lazy and stupid lawguy?!?!? You're obviously not looking hard enough shit for brains. Did you go through all the dumpsters and garbages of all the major retailers and all 40000 lawyers to find your proof? Just because you're too dumb to find it doesn't mean it's not out there. I'm sure you'll find the proof you need on the back of some receipt all alone in some alley way.

I found 2 cases involving CPA where the plaintiffs sued involving those grounds and won. CPA cases where you were so sure didn't exist! In mere seconds over a thousand cases appeared and I picked 2 just from just Ontario. I could've found some more like it if I felt like it. So dip shit, if you're so good at what you do, why can't you find any court cases supporting your opinion?

Angry CT Guy

Like I said, got any against a retailer.....nope. Not only that, I'm neither law guy nor do I even work for Canadian tire . You're opinion is mute, nada, and irrelevant. I don't care who you are, although I suspect DavidLer trying to make it look like he has support, but the end game is you are trying to use non-related cases, and YOUR interpretation of single lines of a rather lengthy act to prove your version of the truth. I've said it before and I'll say it again....you are an irrelevant joker with obvious anger management issues.....you don't fit into a normal society....why don't you try out Libya....they might like you there.

DavidLeR

OK, 'Unregistered;2796', let's review:

Recently people on this site called you the following:

- dip shit
- fuckin cockaroach
- retail clerk
- dipshit waste of skin wannabe lawyer
- full of shit and don't know what the fuck you're talking about
- fucking retard
- douchabag minimum wage cockaroach
- douchabag cockaroach gabagoo loser

(For the record, a lot of those words I'm not even supposed to be reading, let alone typing, during the business day.)

Now, in contrast to the other posters here, never once have I called you names.

I never said anything about you that wasn't true (as far as I know - if so, I apologize).

I only made a little bit of fun of you.

But somehow you are all upset at me, and think I'm a 'raging lunatic', and that this somehow "proves" I'm a "social misfit" with "anger management issues"?

I think I've been pretty level-headed, despite all the provocation. Especially when all I'm trying to do is warn people about Crappy Tire's crappy policies, and their consumers' rights.

What was it you were trying to do again? Help the stores, or something?

You know, it seems to me you are lashing out at the wrong people:

- At me, who hasn't called you names or lied about you (instead of the people who have).

- At people who lost track of which Unregistered said what (instead of youself, for not registering).

- At users of a pro-consumer web site (when you've posted anti-consumer comments).

- At me, who is just quoting reliable web sites (instead of the authors of those sites).

Maybe you could take a little responsiblity, for having parachuted in here, all big & bad, with a lot of talk that turns out to be hard to substantiate?

Angry CT Guy

Whatever....I substantiated with a call to the BBB and clarified your interpretation from them directly....solely out of curiosity and to end the dribble from those who won't do the same. I asked for just one substatiated "victory" against any of the retailers that have a similar policy to Canadian Tire's.....I'm still waiting.....but you know what....I already know that one won't be found....rhetorical question. Name calling doesn't bother me in the least, especially given the source and the venue. This is hardly a consumer friendly site.....it's degraded to the point of irrelevance and rubbish....I'm as interested in great customer service as the next guy, just waiting for someone from this forum to give a realistic version of what it looks like in the "real world".

Guest-0276

Whatever....I intersubstantiated with a summons to the BBB and vocalized my fucktard misinterpretation from them directly....solely out of curiosity and to end the dribble from those who have done it way better than I could ever because i'm a fucktard I asked for just one unsubstatiated "victory" against any of the retailers that have a similar policy to Canadian Tire's.....I'm still waiting....because the good people at the BBB have better fuckin things to do than help a lonely retard like me and I have no life or anything else to prove except that I'm not a worthless piece of shit that my mom thinks I am.but you know what....I already know that one won't be found....because I just know. Name calling doesn't bother me when it's not so bad, especially given the source and the venue, but my feelings do get hurt and I dance to my fav video
YouTube - Buffalo Bill Dance Goodbye Horses. This is hardly a retard friendly site.....it's degraded to the point of relevance and rrrrrub bish....since I've lost every argument I had and now I'm humiliated and will eat shit on video pinched from a gay mans ass after a pride parade gang bang. I'm as interested in great customer service screwing over the next guy, just waiting for someone from this forum to give a realistic version of what it looks like in the "real world" where clerks like me are given the respect that we deserve for our encyclopedic phD interpretation of all the words on the back of that midget toilet paper that substitutes for any and all consumer law regardless of what that bullshitter meany DavidLer says .

Yes shame on you DavidLer for making a bit of fun of her

DavidLeR

I've seen some ranting and raving before, but this DavidLer joker takes the cake. "raving lunatic" comes to mind.

I don't care who you are, although I suspect DavidLer trying to make it look like he has support

Am I to infer from this that, based on your 'suspicions' (which are completely incorrect, by the way), that you think it's OK to post even more insulting things about me?

It wasn't enough that you called me "untruthful" and "insecure"; now you are lashing out at me for everything any Unregistered person posts here!

...the end.

The end of what? You trying to insult people who politely (for the most part) disagree with you?

Or, the end of you posting nonsense on this site?