Guest-0444

Posted by an unregistered user
your an idiot and a liar

ct jerk who doesnt even know their own rules

nobody says unlocked you cant even type

ct web site says original condition for any kind of refund or exchange - read it yourself

costco doesnt screw customers like ct does - jerk

it will matter to ct - they will say screw you its not in original conditon

anyway if its repair only you are screwed either way

you are a liar and a jerk

maybe 30 days for electric for cts own 1-800 number says the customer is screwed on gas powered - call the number

got the facts straight - thanks for showing what liars all ct reps are though.

nobody will believe anything you say - you ct jerks are all liars

even if you are right it just means ct cheats more canadians than any other retailer

better to buy this or anything else for costco

liar

jerk

I bet every CT store out there thanks you for not shopping there. And I am sure all other retailers love people like you. You are a treasure. Good for you.

DavidLeR

I bet every CT store out there thanks you for not shopping there. And I am sure all other retailers love people like you. You are a treasure. Good for you.

Here we see the entire "Canadian Tire Experience" repeated yet again:

- Naive customer is lulled into thinking CT is a good, all-Canadian store.
- CT stabs the loyal customer in the back over a trivial issue.
- Once-loyal customer becomes righteously angered over the petty betrayal.
- CT responds by further persecuting the innocent victim.

The scenario plays itself out so often, that store now post signs near the "Bad News Center" (i.e. the Returns Desk), to pre-admonish those who are destined to cry out in predictable outrage at their ill-treatment.

Perhaps a sign over the entrance reading simply, "BOHICA" would be more apt.

The whole, sad plot line was echoed just this morning, on another thread. The disreputable chain lost an entire Home Church of customers, by deliberately breaking the seal on an unopened box:

I tried returning a set of dishes

DavidLeR

Recently I took a look at the refund policies at Costco for defective items.

Recall that I'm asking all major retailers the following question about pressure washers and lawn mowers:
"If I take it home and it doesn't work, how much time do I have to get a refund?"
Costco got a grade of “A” (Refunds Provided), because things like pressure washers and lawn mowers will be refunded if they are defective, for at least 30 days.

That destroyed the theory that “other companies in the same business selling the same products as ct have the same procedure”.

Today I’m looking at the refund and exchange policies of Walmart Canada.

Is Walmart as good as Costco, which charges a membership fee?

Or does “Canadian Tire, Walmart, ….and others have some variation of the same return policy.....”?

I.e., will Walmart do as CT does, and refuse a refund for some items, even if they are defective?

Let’s see.

1 – Store Web Site

The official Walmart refund/exchange policies is here:
It says:

“If a customer wishes to conduct an exchange or refund on returned merchandise, Walmart Canada will permit the exchange or refund in accordance with the following chart and description below:

Interesting. It talks about what the customer wishes, not what the store wishes. So, it would seem to be at the discretion of the customer. But maybe Walmart will decide for you?

Well, let’s look at the chart:
“Within 30 days of purchase … Outdoor power equipment “
I’d assume this includes pressure washers and lawn mowers, but I suppose we can’t be 100% sure just yet, either.

But at least there’s nothing there about "unopened", "unused" or "in original condition", so you should be able to try it out to see if is defective.

But let's look at another source before drawing any conclusions.

2 – Customer Service Line

1-800-328-0402

I spoke with Julie. She said that pressure washers and lawn mowers, all types, can be returned for a refund (customer's choice) if they are defective.

I also asked about the warranty, and how that affected the refund policy. Julie said that the warranty applies after the return period is over. Huh!

So, I’m going to give Walmart full marks:
“A” (Refunds Provided).
One thing to consider: if you don't want to pay for a Costco membership, the refund period at Walmart is 30 days, which is the minimum that Costco promises, so you might want to check out Walmart first.

3 – Internet Complaints

I searched the following text:
canada refund "pressure washer" problem complaint walmart
As with Costco, I put "canada" in the search to avoid U.S. complaints, but the first few links are to this thread (“Repair Only Policy" - No Refund, No Exchange).

The first 40 hits were all over the map, with sale prices, specific models, lots of complaints (but generally about Crappy Tire!), and positive comments on Walmart’s (and Costco's) generous return policies.

I didn't see a single complaint about a pressure washer refund from Walmart Canada. Like Costco, there might be some out there, but there certainly aren't many.

-----

Can we really say, “canadiantire's policy is exactly the same as all of the other retailers posted” on the CanadianTireSucks site?

Clearly that myth has been 'busted'.

Next I'll tell you about my visit to the store.

Then, I'll write about Home Depot.

Here’s a sneak preview: it’s a lot like Walmart, and Costco (but without the fee).

And not like Crappy Tire at all.

CT Me / Lawguy

Just out of curiousity superstar, what happens at those retailers after 30 days for a lawn mower? Does it by chance go for REPAIR under warranty? I'm sure not, since that's ILLEGAL according to you and nobody would stoop to that level except canadian Tire.

OR Are you were you wrong about the repair part and just failed to include that in your investigation because it doesn't suit your position?
Just curious

CT Me / Lawguy

Just out of curiousity LER, please tell us what Julie told you what happens after the 30 day initial return period? Does that lawnmower by any chance go for REPAIR? Surely no company other then Canadian Tire would do that, after all it is ILLEGAL.

OR does it in fact go for repair and you just failed accidentally of course, to report on that because it does not suit your position.

CT Challenger

Just out of curiousity superstar, what happens at those retailers after 30 days for a lawn mower? Does it by chance go for REPAIR under warranty? I'm sure not, since that's ILLEGAL according to you and nobody would stoop to that level except canadian Tire.

OR Are you were you wrong about the repair part and just failed to include that in your investigation because it doesn't suit your position?
Just curious

you are a liar

nobody said it was illegal for an item to be repaired after 30 days.

you just dont like it when people tell the truth about ct

so you tell lies about them

liar

Just out of curiousity LER, please tell us what Julie told you what happens after the 30 day initial return period? Does that lawnmower by any chance go for REPAIR? Surely no company other then Canadian Tire would do that, after all it is ILLEGAL.

OR does it in fact go for repair and you just failed accidentally of course, to report on that because it does not suit your position.

you are a liar

nobody said it was illegal for an item to be repaired after 30 days.

you dont even respond to the facts

you dont like people who point out your lies

liar

CT Me / Lawguy

Shut up and let LER answer the question.

After 30 days what happens to a defective gas pressure washer or mower if bought at Costco or Home Depot? Does it go for repair?

So I love that you've taken the advice of the "minimum wage clerk" at the Costco returns desk that you all insult and slam so often if they work for Canadian Tire. Way to attempt to play both sides, you guys are absolutely priceless. Whatever suits your case or your theory is what you will believe. You operate blindly

Noted also that in fact atleast a dozen times it has been claimed by LER that a repair policy is ILLEGAL! ILLEGAL! Against a law which nobody has yet found. So yes, it has been claimed. Research before talking, jackass

Guest-0276

No, you shut your hole!

Now you're putting in "after 30 days". What does your policy say when it's defective from the start? What? What's that? A little louder please. Oh that's right, repair only. And who's left holding the bag with a simoniz pressure washer, or anything crappy you sell? A little louder please?

Why are you even comparing yourself to Costco? They're doing something right and don't screw the customer! If it's busted, get a refund. Change your mind bring it back! Doesn't fit, because there are no change rooms, get a refund! Costco STANDS UP FOR IT'S CUSTOMERS!!! If you change your mind bring it back. A few posts before a Candian Tire jerk defender mocked the membership and their policy for showing the receipts and items in the carts on the way out. Let's talk about that.

I don't mind showing my receipt and have somebody look at my cart. It shows that the vast majority of shoppers are honest and why millions and millions of customers shop their everyday. Way more customers than crappy tires. Which says something about the way you treat your customers. You think they're all thieves/ fraudsters which is why you have a database for all returns forced onto the customer. You also deny returns if it's subjectively too many. It must be fraud you say. You also have on the spot made up restocking fees. You also go one step further beyond having your security goons look at the cart, you also go through grandma ma Judy's purse and embarrass her when you find her personal items.

So what does a person have to do to get a refund when it's within their policy and the head office won't get involved? Drive around to another store and HOPE they give you a refund! And If they still won't? You have to go through the hassle and sue them for your money back.

As for Costco employee's and returns, not once have I ever had a hassle. Not once has an employee accused me of renting something and refused an exchange or refund. Not once have they opened up a sealed box and accused me of returning an opened item and denying me a refund. Not a once.

The same can't be said for all you canadian tire jerks who screw more and more people everyday with your policies, with your crappy items, and yes with your crappy people.

CT Me / Lawguy

You ignored the question entirely!

The claim has been that repair warranties are illegal. We so far have seen evidence that costco has a 30 day exchange policy but no indication of what happens after the 30 days. Thats all I am looking for, an answer as to what happens after 30 days. The answer is......... ? Well i'll wait for the answer since you're the expert clearly. Don't feed a bunch of your other bullshit problems into the question trying to deflect, just answer what happens after 30 days to a defective lawn mower bought at Costco Canada or Home Depot Canada?

Do some comparisons since you're convinced how much bigger Costco (canada) is then Canadian Tire.
Tell me how much Costco CANADA's revenue has increased vs. Canadian Tire's in FY 2010
How many outlets does Costco have in Canada vs. Canadian Tire

are you SURE you numbers are correcT?

CT Challenger

So I love that you've taken the advice of the "minimum wage clerk" at the Costco returns desk that you all insult and slam so often if they work for Canadian Tire. Way to attempt to play both sides,

you are a liar

the clerk did not offer advice
the statements of the clerk were compared to the web site and customer service line and store signs and handout
nobody who insults clerks has said they take clerks advice
nobody is playing two sides

you dont like people telling the truth
so you tell lies about them

you guys are absolutely priceless. Whatever suits your case or your theory is what you will believe. You operate blindly

you don’t like it when people tell the truth about ct and Costco

so you attack people who tell the truth

you are a jerk

Noted also that in fact atleast a dozen times it has been claimed by LER that a repair policy is ILLEGAL! ILLEGAL!

you are a liar
same lies over and over

nobody has said its illegal for a manufacturer to offer a warranty stating that a product will be repaired
only that its illegal in ontario for the retailer to refuse a refund for a defective product
the ct repair-only policy is no refunds for defective products - ever

you pretend people claimed things they never claimed
liar

you are trying to tell people they cant get refunds when they can
jerk

Against a law which nobody has yet found. So yes, it has been claimed.

you are a liar

lots of proof provided
some already on this thread

you don’t like the laws
so you tell lies about the laws

Research before talking

you are a liar

lots of research has been posted

you make fun of people who tell the truth

jerk

CT Challenger

The claim has been that repair warranties are illegal.

liar

nobody said that

only that its illegal for an ontario retailer to refuse a refund for a defective product

We so far have seen evidence that costco has a 30 day exchange policy but no indication of what happens after the 30 days. Thats all I am looking for, an answer as to what happens after 30 days.

maybe some day you will find an answer to your question

maybe not here though

people here care about the first day

the first 7 days

the first 30 days

Well i'll wait for the answer since you're the expert clearly.

liar

nobody said they are an expert

you tell lies about people who say things you dont like

jerk

Guest-0276

The claim has been that repair warranties are illegal. We so far have seen evidence that costco has a 30 day exchange policy but no indication of what happens after the 30 days. Thats all I am looking for, an answer as to what happens after 30 days. The answer is......... ? Well i'll wait for the answer since you're the expert clearly. Don't feed a bunch of your other bullshit problems into the question trying to deflect, just answer what happens after 30 days to a defective lawn mower bought at Costco Canada or Home Depot Canada?

Do some comparisons since you're convinced how much bigger Costco (canada) is then Canadian Tire.
Tell me how much Costco CANADA's revenue has increased vs. Canadian Tire's in FY 2010

You really are a douchebag who has always deflected the obvious questions. Why don't you answer the questions then like why does CT have a repair only warranty for defects and no money back? Why are you treating all your customers like thieves by forcing unnecessary id checks for returns? Why are you refusing returns for good customers who go over a secret number of returns? Why are you charging restocking fee's for commonly carried items. Why are you going through ladies bags and purses. Why are you so stupid? Why is it such a hassle to shop at canadian tire? Why why why?
Because you make more money that way. That's why!

You're so guilty of deflecting yourself. I'm saying let's compare apples to apples. All of costco to all of canadian tire, customers to customers. But then you want to compare all of canadian tire to a small portion of costco to make the numbers look better, never mind what the truth is. Are you sure your numbers are correct. This wouldn't be the same idiot who claimed that CTC is Bigger than Tim Hortons by Valuation is it? Thought so. Same lame as dealer digging up truth from the trash can. Any more receipts you can quote?

And you're doing the same thing with the return policy to pad your bottom line, never mind that an honest customer is the one getting screwed.

Guest-0276

You ignored the question entirely! blah blah blah

are you SURE you numbers are correcT? blah blah

Another dealer who doesn't like smart consumers asking questions. Are they now shopping at other places because they're tired of your ongoing deception? Why are you lying so hard if your policies are so good? Why are customers fighting so hard to get a refund? Why don't the head office step in and do what's right? Why do more and more customers have to courier a notice to appear in court to more and more dealers? Why doesn't canadian tire have the common decency to be fair to customers?

Profits. That's why. That's the only way canadian tire can compete against the big american stores.

What is canadian tire doing with all that customer ID they've forced from the customer? What do they intend to do with it? Are they going to sell it? Is my identity going to be stolen and used to run up credit cards in my name? Canadian Tire says it's safe in their hands. But then again they also lied about returns until you actually asked for a refund.

CT Challenger

The question was raised as to the amount of time during which a defective product can be returned for a refund.

I imagine this is a legal ‘gray area’. as is the term 'merchantable'.

Some goods can reasonably be expected to be highly durable, and not fail for an extended period. Nail and washers, perhaps. In such a case, a defect that is discovered after an extended period might well be actionable. Perhaps even after several years, although obtaining a refund in such a case is likely to be difficult.

Other goods will be far less durable, and have a very short anticipated service life. I’m sure electronics are like this, and perhaps some motorized devices, which may only be expected to operate for a year or perhaps two. Certainly there may be grounds for a legal remedy if the device fails during the warranty period.

I would guess that the standard for ‘merchantability’ would be highly influenced by these factors, as would a successful lawsuit on those grounds.

In any case, if the allowed time to request a refund is less than 1 minute, then obtaining a refund would be impossible.

Despite the policies for some Canadian Tire goods, surely the items can be expected to last long enough to actually leave the store.

Guest-0276

ct dealer sonobitch is trying really really hard at a technicality to say what they're doing ain't wrong, but it ain't right either and everybody knows that. Trying to say it's ok to sell stuff already broke, aint you ct dealer. Too bad everyone see's right through it. Is it merchantable? Not if it's defective and subject to a refund...in that cpa thing, the one dave refers too...the one ct don't like...the one they ignore...they prefer the back of a reciept in place of cpa...the one consumers rely on to protect the sanctity of the market place.

Angry CT Guy

You really are a douchebag who has always deflected the obvious questions. Why don't you answer the questions then like why does CT have a repair only warranty for defects and no money back? Why are you treating all your customers like thieves by forcing unnecessary id checks for returns? Why are you refusing returns for good customers who go over a secret number of returns? Why are you charging restocking fee's for commonly carried items. Why are you going through ladies bags and purses. Why are you so stupid? Why is it such a hassle to shop at canadian tire? Why why why?
Because you make more money that way. That's why!

You're so guilty of deflecting yourself. I'm saying let's compare apples to apples. All of costco to all of canadian tire, customers to customers. But then you want to compare all of canadian tire to a small portion of costco to make the numbers look better, never mind what the truth is. Are you sure your numbers are correct. This wouldn't be the same idiot who claimed that CTC is Bigger than Tim Hortons by Valuation is it? Thought so. Same lame as dealer digging up truth from the trash can. Any more receipts you can quote?

And you're doing the same thing with the return policy to pad your bottom line, never mind that an honest customer is the one getting screwed.

Living under a rock much? Gee, why do the banks ask for ID? Why does Costco have people at the exit checking your receipt? Why do they have to security tag merchandise? You are an incredible ibecile.

Angry CT Guy

ct dealer sonobitch is trying really really hard at a technicality to say what they're doing ain't wrong, but it ain't right either and everybody knows that. Trying to say it's ok to sell stuff already broke, aint you ct dealer. Too bad everyone see's right through it. Is it merchantable? Not if it's defective and subject to a refund...in that cpa thing, the one dave refers too...the one ct don't like...the one they ignore...they prefer the back of a reciept in place of cpa...the one consumers rely on to protect the sanctity of the market place.

Wow, you are so well spoken that I must believe you to be extremely knowledgable about many subjects. With your excellent education and obvious experience, you should be running a company, not just working for one. You add so much value to this site. Thank you.

Angry CT Guy

Recently I took a look at the refund policies at Costco for defective items.

Recall that I'm asking all major retailers the following question about pressure washers and lawn mowers:
"If I take it home and it doesn't work, how much time do I have to get a refund?"
Costco got a grade of “A” (Refunds Provided), because things like pressure washers and lawn mowers will be refunded if they are defective, for at least 30 days.

That destroyed the theory that “other companies in the same business selling the same products as ct have the same procedure”.

Today I’m looking at the refund and exchange policies of Walmart Canada.

Is Walmart as good as Costco, which charges a membership fee?

Or does “Canadian Tire, Walmart, ….and others have some variation of the same return policy.....”?

I.e., will Walmart do as CT does, and refuse a refund for some items, even if they are defective?

Let’s see.

1 – Store Web Site

The official Walmart refund/exchange policies is here:
It says:

“If a customer wishes to conduct an exchange or refund on returned merchandise, Walmart Canada will permit the exchange or refund in accordance with the following chart and description below:

Interesting. It talks about what the customer wishes, not what the store wishes. So, it would seem to be at the discretion of the customer. But maybe Walmart will decide for you?

Well, let’s look at the chart:
“Within 30 days of purchase … Outdoor power equipment “
I’d assume this includes pressure washers and lawn mowers, but I suppose we can’t be 100% sure just yet, either.

But at least there’s nothing there about "unopened", "unused" or "in original condition", so you should be able to try it out to see if is defective.

But let's look at another source before drawing any conclusions.

2 – Customer Service Line

1-800-328-0402

I spoke with Julie. She said that pressure washers and lawn mowers, all types, can be returned for a refund (customer's choice) if they are defective.

I also asked about the warranty, and how that affected the refund policy. Julie said that the warranty applies after the return period is over. Huh!

So, I’m going to give Walmart full marks:
“A” (Refunds Provided).
One thing to consider: if you don't want to pay for a Costco membership, the refund period at Walmart is 30 days, which is the minimum that Costco promises, so you might want to check out Walmart first.

3 – Internet Complaints

I searched the following text:
canada refund "pressure washer" problem complaint walmart
As with Costco, I put "canada" in the search to avoid U.S. complaints, but the first few links are to this thread (“Repair Only Policy" - No Refund, No Exchange).

The first 40 hits were all over the map, with sale prices, specific models, lots of complaints (but generally about Crappy Tire!), and positive comments on Walmart’s (and Costco's) generous return policies.

I didn't see a single complaint about a pressure washer refund from Walmart Canada. Like Costco, there might be some out there, but there certainly aren't many.

-----

Can we really say, “canadiantire's policy is exactly the same as all of the other retailers posted” on the CanadianTireSucks site?

Clearly that myth has been 'busted'.

Next I'll tell you about my visit to the store.

Then, I'll write about Home Depot.

Here’s a sneak preview: it’s a lot like Walmart, and Costco (but without the fee).

And not like Crappy Tire at all.

Sometimes timing is everything. Last year Walmart changed its return policy to be a little more stringent. Zellers did the same two years ago. I wonder why they did that? Surely it wasn't to make more money. Walmart's same store sales have just decreased for the 6th straight quarter, but their profitability continues to climb. If I were an investor, I would buy their stock so I could benefit from a well run company. The shareholders eventually dictate how a company sets it's policies. Welcome to capitalism.

Guest-0276

Living under a rock much? Gee, why do the banks ask for ID? Why does Costco have people at the exit checking your receipt? Why do they have to security tag merchandise? You are an incredible ibecile.

oh now ct dealer dipshit is going to compare crappy tire and the poor way they force the customers id for a return/exchange to that of a bank or store that has a membership??? Stupid retail logic all over the place. Get a fucking life you useless clerk.