Guest-0276

Posted by an unregistered user
Wow, you are so well spoken that I must believe you to be extremely knowledgable about many subjects. With your excellent education and obvious experience, you should be running a company, not just working for one. You add so much value to this site. Thank you.

I don't need to rip off people to make a living, I don't need to lie about policies, I don't need to invade peoples privacy, I don't need to harass seniors, I don't need to look through ladies purses, I don't need to treat everyone like a criminal for making a return/ exchange. I don't need to purposely delay a lawsuit for seven years in the hopes of bankrupting a family, whose kid was permanently injured on defective bike that crappy tire knowingly sold to the public.

I ain't no dumb retail clerk or dealer at crappy tire that's fer sure.

Angry CT Guy

I don't need to rip off people to make a living, I don't need to lie about policies, I don't need to invade peoples privacy, I don't need to harass seniors, I don't need to look through ladies purses, I don't need to treat everyone like a criminal for making a return/ exchange. I don't need to purposely delay a lawsuit for seven years in the hopes of bankrupting a family, whose kid was permanently injured on defective bike that crappy tire knowingly sold to the public.

I ain't no dumb retail clerk or dealer at crappy tire that's fer sure.

You don't need to be realistic, you don't need to be educated before you speak, you don't need to do anything. You have got it all figured out and of course, you are right. There is absolutely no possible way that you can be wrong about anything. You are all knowing and understand why everything in this world is done. Don't worry, we all get it, we all get you.

Angry CT Guy

oh now ct dealer dipshit is going to compare crappy tire and the poor way they force the customers id for a return/exchange to that of a bank or store that has a membership??? Stupid retail logic all over the place. Get a fucking life you useless clerk.

And you thought that the world would change for you? All these "crazy" policies are aimed at controlling you and keeping you from all of your dreams and aspirations. It's George Orwell's prophecy coming to light. Oh no, the world is against you, it is unfair and heartless. You will create an army against the "terminator" machines.
Earth to loser.....get a grip.

DavidLeR

To follow up on my report on Walmart, I visited a store and looked at mowers and pressure washers.

The selection was better than Costco, but not huge. In the aisles, there were no signs about any special “Repair Only” or other terms for refunds, exchanges, repairs or warranties.

I went to the Customer Service desk and spoke to Wendy. I asked the standard question:
"If I take it home and it doesn't work, how much time do I have to get a refund?"
She told me I could get a refund or exchange for 30 days.

Is it my choice, or the store’s choice? She said it was my choice.

Wendy also pointed to a sign on the wall:

“Outdoor power equipment … refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase”.

I asked if there was a different rule for gasoline equipment. She said the gasoline should be drained out before bringing it back to the store, for safety reasons. Fair enough.

She was young, but appeared confident and knowledgeable.

Over all, It was a lot like Costco, but without a membership, and less like a warehouse.

There were no surprises. No contradictions. Just the same message: at least 30 days for a refund.

-----

I've seen some more posts about manufacturers' warranties. As usual, the only people asking this seem to be representatives of Canadian Tire Corporation. Maybe your teams of lawyers can help you out?

-----

Also, there's some fascinating discussions about what happens after the refund period of 30 days ends. Of course, this has no bearing on the poor CT customers who fell victim to the illegal "Repair Only" policy, and are being told that the defective item is non-returnable.

Still, it's an interesting topic.

But, I'm going to stay focused on the question at hand:
"If I take it home and it doesn't work, how much time do I have to get a refund?"
-----

Next up: Home Depot.

Guest-0276

You don't need to be realistic, you don't need to be educated before you speak, you don't need to do anything. You have got it all figured out and of course, you are right. There is absolutely no possible way that you can be wrong about anything. You are all knowing and understand why everything in this world is done. Don't worry, we all get it, we all get you.

Another loser dealer/ clerk disappointed with consumers asking questions and making progress.

Why hasn't the dealer answered any of the questions posed? I'm still waiting? Oh that's right, the dealer can't justify taking all that personal information from the customer when they're not even a member. They simply have no reason too. And should you trust Canadian Tire when they tell you that they have a good return policy, but only when you actually have to return something that they start asking personal information, treat you like a criminal? And should you trust Canadian Tire when they say your personal information, the very information you reluctantly had to give them for a refund/ exchange, is safe with them and stays with the store? Remember, this is from a company with a "no hassle" refund policy they tricked you with? Also note from Canadian Tire Corporation ivory tower that each store is independently owned and can set their own policies. Translation: CTC has no control over the stores and the dealers do what they want with your information.

So rather than address those questions asked yet again, the dealer/ clerk has to be rude again. Much like they are at work. Where's the plumbing supplies you ask? It's next to housewares and why don't you find it yourself they tell you!?!?! Quick trip to homedepot.

Guest-0276

And you thought that the world would change for you? All these "crazy" policies are aimed at controlling you and keeping you from all of your dreams and aspirations. It's George Orwell's prophecy coming to light. Oh no, the world is against you, it is unfair and heartless. You will create an army against the "terminator" machines.
Earth to loser.....get a grip.

Ummm no. Don't pass go on green. That is all. Take your meds. blah blah blah. We sold a defective bike that ruined a kids life.

CT Dealer / dumb clerk has no adequate response on why they're even comparing CT to a bank or a company with membership. So they slip into policy making mode and going right to super stupid

Guest-0276

To follow up on my report on Walmart, I visited a store and looked at mowers and pressure washers.

The selection was better than Costco, but not huge. In the aisles, there were no signs about any special “Repair Only” or other terms for refunds, exchanges, repairs or warranties.

I went to the Customer Service desk and spoke to Wendy. I asked the standard question:

I asked if there was a different rule for gasoline equipment. She said the gasoline should be drained out before bringing it back to the store, for safety reasons. Fair enough.

Over all, It was a lot like Costco, but without a membership, and less like a warehouse.

There were no surprises. No contradictions. Just the same message: at least 30 days for a refund.

-----

I've seen some more posts about manufacturers' warranties. As usual, the only people asking this seem to be representatives of Canadian Tire Corporation. Maybe your teams of lawyers can help you out?

-----

Also, there's some fascinating discussions about what happens after the refund period of 30 days ends. Of course, this has no bearing on the poor CT customers who fell victim to the illegal "Repair Only" policy, and are being told that the defective item is non-returnable.

-----

I thought CT was supposed to be next? Did you find something dark and sinister in the cockaroach policy making chambers? Are they working on the mother of all policies?

CT Challenger

From http://corp.canadiantire.ca/EN/Investors/FinancialReports/Annual Reports Library/CTC_AR_2010.pdf:

"Improving the customer experience ... Adjusting customer policies, such as simplifying the process for product returns, to make the overall customer experience more enjoyable".

I guess it's too confusing that there are still a few things in the store that can be returned for a refund, and a few more that can be exchanged.

Do you thing they will just expand the "repair only" policy to everything in the store, and make it so nothing can be exchanged?

Can't get much simpler than that.

Guest-0276

-----

-----

-----

You don't need to be truthful. You have got it all figured out accept that you still haven't answered my question if it is illegal to repair it after 30 days. I'm still waiting. Where are the links this time? Don't worry, I'm making all kinds of money sitting at home from the millions and millions of customers that shop at ct every week.

CT Challenger

You don't need to be truthful.

liar - youre suggesting theres something untruthful in the post but there isnt

You have got it all figured out

liar - nobody said they had it all figured out - just statements of fact

accept that you still haven't answered my question if it is illegal to repair it after 30 days.

find a lawyer - ask them
i think lawguy is looking for work
check his references first though

I'm still waiting.

could be a while
it would just be davidlers interpretation - we all know you dont like that

Where are the links this time?

idiot - walmart links already provided
there are no links to show you the walmart aisles - go yourself
there are no links to wendy - oh - maybe shes on facebook
she wasnt that cute though
dont think shed like you - ct sucks

Angry CT Guy

liar - youre suggesting theres something untruthful in the post but there isnt

liar - nobody said they had it all figured out - just statements of fact

find a lawyer - ask them
i think lawguy is looking for work
check his references first though

could be a while
it would just be davidlers interpretation - we all know you dont like that

idiot - walmart links already provided
there are no links to show you the walmart aisles - go yourself
there are no links to wendy - oh - maybe shes on facebook
she wasnt that cute though
dont think shed like you - ct sucks

loser-you add no value

loser-you think you are relevant

loser-you believe everything you read

loser-you can't think for yourself

loser-you are a loser

CT Me / Lawguy

years ago I learned from a very wise man that you can not reason with a mad man. this forum proves it perfectly. the unthinking, unlistening nature of so many of the forum users here makes it unreasonable to have a factual open discussion about anything. you simply refuse to believe that canadian tire and its people and customers could be anything other then negative. zero understanding that you may have had a bad experience or two, or witnessed something you don't like and have closed mindedly decided that is how canadian tire does business coast to coast, all the time, every store, every transaction. you've also taken things to a personal level, which is an indication of your inability to control your emotions and be objective.

to he who runs this forum, you're a joke. you post rules of the road and do not adhere to them. you allow personal attacks, horribly foul and insulting language and threats. your inability to adhere to a simple set of rules that you set out yourself prove taht your likely not even qualified for the job to retrieve carts from a canadian tire parking lot. there's a lot of carts too, millions of people shop there ya know haha

the fact that the type behaviour that goes on here is a display of the customers unsatisfied with canadian tire may not be a big disappointment to the folks at the tire. i would guess that even though the job of the store and the owner is to make money, they likely don't want your money because of how you would and do behave in public and likely how you would treat employees when you are unhappy.

this forum seems to have actually turnned into the opposite of what it was designed. instead of a website designed to attract negative attention to canadian tire, it would be a significant chore for anyone to weed through the crap and bs posted here to actually figure out what the purpose of this website is. ladies and gentleman i present you with an epic fail. it is Canadian Tire Sucks Forum - Canadian Tire Sucks Portal

i may not even log back in to read your replies, so save your long winded foul mouth breath. it will probably be wasted.

Guest-0276

years ago I ... wasted.

blah blah blah. The same can be said about you idiot. It's funny that you nor any of your ct bunch answered any of the questions recently posed. You all think it's funny and ok for customers to drive from store to store to try to get a refund, after being turned away from the point of purchase. Exact advice from the head office on difficult returns. You don't think anythings wrong with hassling the customer over a dumb return/ exchange policy. Go figure, it means more money in your pockets.

And here you go on about how closed minded people are!??!?!? After one bad experience like that, with bad advice from CTC head office, and losing their money, how else do you expect people to react!?!?!? With sympathy to the CT store that ripped them off? Real negative and closed minded on your part. Zero understanding. Like I said, same can be said about you clerk guy

Guest-0454

loser-you add no value

loser-you think you are relevant

loser-you believe everything you read

loser-you can't think for yourself

loser-you are a loser

i add value by pointing out the lies written here by ct representatives.

i am relevant as long at ct reps post lies here

lies about ct about other stores about others who post here

if i believed everything i read and didnt think for myself then id believe all of the ct reps lies too

you statements make no sense

you just want to make fun of me because i point out lies written by ct reps

you dont know if im a loser or not - you just write that to be mean

even if i am a loser it doesnt mean im no right and the ct reps are still liars

Angry CT Guy

i add value by pointing out the lies written here by ct representatives.

i am relevant as long at ct reps post lies here

lies about ct about other stores about others who post here

if i believed everything i read and didnt think for myself then id believe all of the ct reps lies too

you statements make no sense

you just want to make fun of me because i point out lies written by ct reps

you dont know if im a loser or not - you just write that to be mean

even if i am a loser it doesnt mean im no right and the ct reps are still liars

you're a loser because you call people liars without knowing them

you're a loser because you are not open-minded and rush to judgement

you're a loser because you call black as white

you're a loser because you group all people as the same

Do I need to go on?

Guest-0276

you're a loser because you call people liars without knowing them

what does that make you when you think everyone's a thief and a liar do a little thing like take peoples id during returns and exchanges for FRAUD prevention?

you're a loser because you are not open-minded and rush to judgement
what does that make you when you do shit like the above?

you're a loser because you call black as white
That's calling it for what it is. Screwing people over is screwing people over. And we're better than you. I don't work in retail screwing people over.
you're a loser because you group all people as the same
A bunch of losers is a bunch of losers. 20 - 55 year olds working in retail store are a bunch of rejects that can't do any better than fuck up returns and screw people over. Try working in an emergency room where it takes real brains, real nerves and real skill. I can learn your job you've been doing for the last 10 years in 10 minutes with a piss break. Can you learn mine?

Do I need to go on?
Yes go on. Move along to the welfare line

Angry CT Guy

what does that make you when you think everyone's a thief and a liar do a little thing like take peoples id during returns and exchanges for FRAUD prevention?

what does that make you when you do shit like the above?

That's calling it for what it is. Screwing people over is screwing people over. And we're better than you. I don't work in retail screwing people over.
A bunch of losers is a bunch of losers. 20 - 55 year olds working in retail store are a bunch of rejects that can't do any better than fuck up returns and screw people over. Try working in an emergency room where it takes real brains, real nerves and real skill. I can learn your job you've been doing for the last 10 years in 10 minutes with a piss break. Can you learn mine?

Yes go on. Move along to the welfare line[/

If that's how you feel about retailers, then I don't think they will miss you when you boycott or avoid them. You are clearly an asshole.

Guest-0276

Some stores in Toronto even have signs above exits saying there's no refund, just exchanges. Even though the receipts says differently. Funny how the ct dumbass's will even leap to defend that!