Angry CT Guy

Posted by an unregistered user
The lying CT reps (assuming there are more than one) can sure post lots of lie on this site, but none of that will make the painful truth go away. Too bad, so sad - CPA and SOG still apply.

You need to re-check your math, by the way. The BBB site has information on an old law the CPA superceded. But I guess you just weren't paying attention, huh? Like most points of discussion, that one was wrapped up long ago. Too bad the lying CP rep's deceptions aren't working.

Regarding that phone call, it sure wasn't made to the Ontario number, because that's not what they've told other people who've called. Another typical CT rep lie. Good thing we're onto you, and won't waste any more time chasing your BS. I really don't think you callled at all - at least not Ontario.

You might hope you've accomplished something with all your lies here, but really you're just showing the true colours of CT Rep's.

Are you kidding me with that lame old "all stores are the same" line? Now THAT one has TONS of evidence!

See, it really doesn't take more than a phone call and a few mouse clicks to see just how pathetic and desperate you are.

Apparently you can't even tell new lies; just the same old ones that have already been disproven here, long ago, LOL.

Too bad for you that consumers are onto you and your tactics, and will just check for themselves.

Nice try, with the insults. I think we've all moved past that, now, though.

Well, good luck with your on-going scams. You're going to need all the luck you can get - LOL hilarious!

If you can't even provide one example of CTC having an illegal policy, then we'll have to call you on your lies.....sorry.

CT Challenger

If you can't even provide one example of CTC having an illegal policy, then we'll have to call you on your lies.....sorry.

well, yeah, the "repair only" policy is one clear example of an illegal policy.

happy now?

oh, and if you want some proof, see the many explanations alredy provided, including the definition of "illegal".

any other questions?

oh, and what makes you think you are in any position to "call" anyone on anything?

your long history of being prolific liars youself

Angry CT Guy

well, yeah, the "repair only" policy is one clear example of an illegal policy.

happy now?

oh, and if you want some proof, see the many explanations alredy provided, including the definition of "illegal".

any other questions?

oh, and what makes you think you are in any position to "call" anyone on anything?

your long history of being prolific liars youself

Oh sorry, did I mention credible or more than just an opinion....I thought that was self explanatory...guess not for you.
I guess when you are challenged with facts by those in the know, they are just liars.....but when you spout your opinions, we're all supposed to fold and go away.....yes sir, Mr. Faker Advocate....ain't gonna happen. Better get yourself some actual proof.....you know, of the legal variety. Otherwise, you is just blowin in the wind.

CT Challenger

Oh sorry, did I mention credible or more than just an opinion.

Ah, you don't believe the evidence I've provided? Well that just breaks my heart!

Seriously, though. How did you ever get the idea that I care even a little about the stated opinions of self-declared CT rep's?

My concern is only with my fellow consumers.

If you care to provide any contradictory evidence, I'd be interested in seeing it. You know, in case it would help other consumers.

Other than that, I consider this issue closed.

Thanks for your interesting comments, though.

And I'm sure the site owners appreciate the extra traffic; the ad. revenue must be nice for them. A sort of a "donation by posting".

Very generous of you, indeed, to support the cause!

Angry CT Guy

Ah, you don't believe the evidence I've provided? Well that just breaks my heart!

Seriously, though. How did you ever get the idea that I care even a little about the stated opinions of self-declared CT rep's?

My concern is only with my fellow consumers.

If you care to provide any contradictory evidence, I'd be interested in seeing it. You know, in case it would help other consumers.

Other than that, I consider this issue closed.

Thanks for your interesting comments, though.

And I'm sure the site owners appreciate the extra traffic; the ad. revenue must be nice for them. A sort of a "donation by posting".

Very generous of you, indeed, to support the cause!

Ah, I see....600 sucks.com sites and all. I guess that when faced with facts....the pretenders would rather that it just go away. Guess it might be time for "all these readers/consumers" to read the terms of service of this site....very enlightening.
You see, without credible evidence....you just get exposed for your faker advocacy. Hilarious!

CT Challenger

The CT Liars (assuming there's more than one of them) sure did have a busy day yesterday, posting lots of lies, insults and general BS.

They seem to be running scared on their lousy policies, and are trying every trick in the book to fool consumers.

To help us all out, there's now a list of the most common CT lies regarding their devious "Repair Only" policy:

"https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/general-canadian-tire-complaints-chat/761-why-do-ct-defenders-post-so-many-lies-here.html#post3772"

Funny how they like to call other people liars, even when the others are offering justified, informed opinions. What hypocrites these CT Liars are!

Now, what do you suppose today will bring? Do you suppose they'll come up with some new lies, or just the same old ones?

Let's wait and see how creative they are ...

CT Me / Lawguy

I'll tell you what today will bring....
A few hundred satisfied customers leaving my store with the items they came to purchase
Employees will get paid today so they can provide for themselves and their families
A 3:00pm tee time
A couple grand profit in my bank account hahahah
Just another day in the life of a CT Dealer.
It's a rough life, and i'm only 41 years old.

....and for you, it will bring another day of being a slave to the man, with a straight wage for the day, two breaks and a scheduled lunch. Another day in the rat race.

Given the two above scenarios, I kind of like where i'm at.
Happy 9-5 - enjoy your day

Angry CT Guy

The CT Liars (assuming there's more than one of them) sure did have a busy day yesterday, posting lots of lies, insults and general BS.

They seem to be running scared on their lousy policies, and are trying every trick in the book to fool consumers.

To help us all out, there's now a list of the most common CT lies regarding their devious "Repair Only" policy:

"https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/general-canadian-tire-complaints-chat/761-why-do-ct-defenders-post-so-many-lies-here.html#post3772"

Funny how they like to call other people liars, even when the others are offering justified, informed opinions. What hypocrites these CT Liars are!

Now, what do you suppose today will bring? Do you suppose they'll come up with some new lies, or just the same old ones?

Now the policy is "devious" and not illegal anymore due to the lack of proof of even one example that it was illegal. I understand why you have had to change course, but why the lies for so long?

Now it's a justified "opinion" and not fact (for the same lack of proof, I take it).

We're going to have to start calling you Teflon Faker Advocate.....apparently, your lies don't stick to you.

CT Challenger

Now the policy is "devious" and not illegal anymore due to the lack of proof of even one example that it was illegal. I understand why you have had to change course, but why the lies for so long?

Now it's a justified "opinion" and not fact (for the same lack of proof, I take it).

We're going to have to start calling you Teflon Faker Advocate.....apparently, your lies don't stick to you.

typical ct lie

putting more words in peoples mouths

no such course change was made

obviously

for the ct defenders no amount of proof will ever be enough to get them to admit that they are wrong

for customers who have been tricked the proof given is enough

and something that is illegal is likely to be devious as well

Angry CT Guy

typical ct lie

putting more words in peoples mouths

no such course change was made

obviously

for the ct defenders no amount of proof will ever be enough to get them to admit that they are wrong

for customers who have been tricked the proof given is enough

and something that is illegal is likely to be devious as well

Thousands upon thousands of customers every day, yet this loser would wish it to be different. I wonder if it's just a former disgruntled employee.

CT Challenger

Thousands upon thousands of customers every day,

Oh, so I guess that proves your policies don't suck, and you aren't a bunch of liars. Yup, you sure laid those false rumours to rest!

yet this loser would wish it to be different. I wonder if it's just a former disgruntled employee.

Shouldn't that be "disgruntled former" (since I'm still disgruntled, CT genius).

And I'm a disgrunted former customer. Try to keep up.

CT Challenger

Well, it turns out they (assuming there's more than one of them) told fewer lies than normal, yesterday! I suppose they mothers are proud, and their bosses are ticked off.

They managed not to re-tell any of the old lies posted at "https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...efenders-post-so-many-lies-here.html#post3772". That's impressive.

And, the only 'put words in the mouth of' one other poster.

As usually, though, when they don't tell lies, they instead stoop to lame insults.

Not nearly as creative as one would hope. Well, today is another day.

Angry CT Guy

Well, it turns out they (assuming there's more than one of them) told fewer lies than normal, yesterday! I suppose they mothers are proud, and their bosses are ticked off.

They managed not to re-tell any of the old lies posted at "https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...efenders-post-so-many-lies-here.html#post3772". That's impressive.

And, the only 'put words in the mouth of' one other poster.

As usually, though, when they don't tell lies, they instead stoop to lame insults.

Not nearly as creative as one would hope. Well, today is another day.

Yep, all lies.....like there is no 600 sucks.com sites, covering every major retailer, restaurant and corporations. Just google sucks.com to find out the truth.

Not one example of any credible source saying Canadian Tire has an illegal return policy....don't believe me, then try and find one.

When someone calls me a liar (lame insults), then I like to call them on their own lies...oh yeah, and mention what a loser they are.

Faker advocates on fake advocate sites would not need my credit card info, would not have a disclaimer to the merchantability of this site and wouldn't be looking for donations.

Common sense prevails yet again.

Guest-0367

Yep, all lies.....like there is no 600 sucks.com sites, covering every major retailer, restaurant and corporations.

Oh, no! More lies!

And the CT rep's were doing so well with keeping their (assuming there are more that one of them) number of lies down, too. Oh, well. Back to their (or his/her) old tricks again. So disappointing!

Nobody said there are "no 600 sucks.com sites". Typical CT lie.

(But I'm sure the owners appreciate your "donation" by way of your posting and any resulting site traffic.)

Just google sucks.com to find out the truth.

Sure, whatever. As long as we all agree that CT sucks.

Not one example of any credible source saying Canadian Tire has an illegal return policy....don't believe me, then try and find one.

You know, just because you aren't convinced by the evidence already presented, that doesn't mean that it's a lie. Duh!

When someone calls me a liar (lame insults), then I like to call them on their own lies...

Um, the definition of "liar" is making a statement you know isn't true.

For instance, suggesting that someone wrote, "there is no 600 sucks.com sites", when you know that they didn't, is a lie.

So, you are a liar. Check and mate. Not an insult. Not lame. Just a statement of fact.

You are just another (assuming there are more than one) CT Liar.

oh yeah, and mention what a loser they are.

See, talk about lame insults! Seems to be your default behaviour, when you can't think of another lie to tell.

... Now, I know the following doesn't have anything to do with CT's "Repair Only" policy or anything, but I can't help but be curious about your bizarre conspiracy theory:

Faker advocates on fake advocate sites would not need my credit card info,

Do you maybe mean "Real advocates on real advocate sites would not need my credit card info?".

Or maybe you mean, "Faker advocates on fake advocate sites would need my credit card info."?

At least be coherent in your paranoid babblings.

Just curious: do you perhaps think the End Of Days going to be May 21st?

Oh, and by the way? This site does not "need" your credit card info.

Another lie. You really do seem to have, shall we say, 'only a passing relationship with reality'.

... would not have a disclaimer to the merchantability of this site and wouldn't be looking for donations.

Huh? Why not? Seems pretty reasonable, if you think about it for 30 second.

Lots of advocacy sites have disclaimers just like that. Red Flag Deals. Complaints.com. Unac.org. Other information web sites. ComplaintsBoard has a disclaimer, too.

So, what's your beef, exactly? Why should this particular site be different, LOL?

... and wouldn't be looking for donations.

Lots of advocacy sites ask for donations. Cleft pallet advocates. Literacy advocates. Anti-poverty advocates. Affordable housing advocates. The list goes on.

Yup, that Google thing you suggested sure does turn up a lot of advocates looking for donatons!

I guess they all must be "faker advocates", huh? LOL hilarious!

So, what's your beef, exactly? Why should this particular site be different?

Common sense prevails yet again.

The one thing your posts lack, more than anything else, is 'common sense'.

Just my opinon, though. But based on a LOT of evidence!

Angry CT Guy

No, I won't be donating here.....No, I'm not interested in an e-commerce business...No, I don't believe you when you say you're not a faker advocate.
If the site has a disclaimer to merchantability, don't you think that would be "illegal" under your opinion of the CPA rules? Guess that doesn't match up to your argument, so you avoid it. Nice try though....you lose, loser, you lose.

CT Challenger

No, I won't be donating here.....No, I'm not interested in an e-commerce business...No, I don't believe you when you say you're not a faker advocate.
If the site has a disclaimer to merchantability, don't you think that would be "illegal" under your opinion of the CPA rules? Guess that doesn't match up to your argument, so you avoid it. Nice try though....you lose, loser, you lose.

you are one seriously confused individual

you stopped making any kind of sense long ago

nothing you write is even connected to reality anymore

Angry CT Guy

you are one seriously confused individual

you stopped making any kind of sense long ago

nothing you write is even connected to reality anymore

You seem to be getting called on almost everything you post lately.....probably be best if you could find even one example that mentions CTC's "illegal" return policy.
Seems to be lots more people jumping in to discredit you rather than agree with your misguided opinions.

CT Challenger

You seem to be getting called on almost everything you post lately.....probably be best if you could find even one example that mentions CTC's "illegal" return policy.
Seems to be lots more people jumping in to discredit you rather than agree with your misguided opinions.

Huh? Nothing like that is happening. Just the same CT Liars posting more disproven crap. Sorry, you're still wrong. Why not just admit it?

DavidLeR

Here’s Part Two of my report into the return policies at Canadian Tire.

I’m trying to answer the following question of pressure washers and lawn mowers bought at Canadian Tire:
"If I take it home and it doesn't work, how much time do I have to get a refund?"
Last time, I checked the store web site policy for in-store purchases in Ontario. There was no clear answer on refunds or exchanges for defective items; just a cryptic statement about warranties.

In this report, I'll describe my calls to the CT "1-800" customer service number.

-----

2 – Customer Service Line

The “Customer Service” number is 1-800-387-8803.

I spoke with Janice about the Simoniz 2900 and asked her, “If I take it home and it doesn't work, how much time do I have to get a refund?"

She told me that it was "repair only" and therefore “nonrefundable”, so I would not be able to get a refund, even if I brought it back the same day.

Well, so much for an “A” rating. But maybe there's a chance they can get away with just a "B"?

So, I asked, “How much time do I have to exchange it for one that works?”

Janice said, “There are no exchanges on the Simoniz 2900, or on most gas-powered pressure washers”.
An “F” rating for Canadian Tire. “No Refund, No Exchange” on some items.
Janice volunteered that it could be retuned within 30 days if it was unopened - I guess this is one of the “exceptions” that are not listed on the web site. But if the customer can't find out that it's defective until they open it, then this doesn't really help.

I then went back to the web site, and did some more checking. That’s when I spotted the “warranty” statements for specific items, and some “exchange only warranty” items.

I called the 1-800 number again, and spoke to Brandon (the first male who answered one of these numbers for any store).

I asked him what the refund policy was for products that are listed on the site as having a “repair only warranty” or “exchange only warranty”.

Brandon told me that the “exchange only” items weren’t refundable, and neither were the ones that say, “repair only”.

So, still an “F - No Refund, No Exchange" for the “repair only” items.

Note that all the others retailers I checked have gotten a grade of “A – Refunds Provided" (for all types of pressure washers and lawn mowers). Every. Single. One. Something to keep in mind when you are deciding where to make your next big purchase.

-----

Next, I’ll report on what I found on Google. The results were very surprising (and not in a good way, if you work for Crappy Tire).

Angry CT Guy

Here’s Part Two of my report into the return policies at Canadian Tire.

I’m trying to answer the following question of pressure washers and lawn mowers bought at Canadian Tire:
"If I take it home and it doesn't work, how much time do I have to get a refund?"
Last time, I checked the store web site policy for in-store purchases in Ontario. There was no clear answer on refunds or exchanges for defective items; just a cryptic statement about warranties.

In this report, I'll describe my calls to the CT "1-800" customer service number.

-----

2 – Customer Service Line

The “Customer Service” number is 1-800-387-8803.

I spoke with Janice about the Simoniz 2900 and asked her, “If I take it home and it doesn't work, how much time do I have to get a refund?"

She told me that it was "repair only" and therefore “nonrefundable”, so I would not be able to get a refund, even if I brought it back the same day.

Well, so much for an “A” rating. But maybe there's a chance they can get away with just a "B"?

So, I asked, “How much time do I have to exchange it for one that works?”

Janice said, “There are no exchanges on the Simoniz 2900, or on most gas-powered pressure washers”.
An “F” rating for Canadian Tire. “No Refund, No Exchange” on some items.
Janice volunteered that it could be retuned within 30 days if it was unopened - I guess this is one of the “exceptions” that are not listed on the web site. But if the customer can't find out that it's defective until they open it, then this doesn't really help.

I then went back to the web site, and did some more checking. That’s when I spotted the “warranty” statements for specific items, and some “exchange only warranty” items.

I called the 1-800 number again, and spoke to Brandon (the first male who answered one of these numbers for any store).

I asked him what the refund policy was for products that are listed on the site as having a “repair only warranty” or “exchange only warranty”.

Brandon told me that the “exchange only” items weren’t refundable, and neither were the ones that say, “repair only”.

So, still an “F - No Refund, No Exchange" for the “repair only” items.

Note that all the others retailers I checked have gotten a grade of “A – Refunds Provided" (for all types of pressure washers and lawn mowers). Every. Single. One. Something to keep in mind when you are deciding where to make your next big purchase.

-----

Next, I’ll report on what I found on Google. The results were very surprising (and not in a good way, if you work for Crappy Tire).

This is ALMOST correct. You stopped short of what happens if it goes to an authorized repair place and it is determined that it truly is defective. If it truly is defective and it is not some tiny part like a carburetor (very rare) then the customer gets a new one.
Most gas powered items (pressure washer, lawnmower, tractor, generator) are not actually defective..the buyer didn't follow the instructions. Do you think a store should cover that as well?
As usual with one sided arguments, you only like to tell almost all of the story.
By the way, who is the number one seller of pressure washers, lawnmowers, and generators in Canada. Hint: it starts with a C and ends with Tire.