CT Challenger

hey look what i found

Duracell Mygrid Charging System | Canadian Tire

it says - Canadian Tire Warranty: This product has no warranty.

what do you suppose that means ...

Not to worry - I'm sure the CT Defenders will provide a thoroughly researched and completely verifiable explanation as to the exact and precise nature of the warranty terms for all such items.

And for sure they will promptly issue a polite and contrite apology for having said anything unkind or erroneous on the matter.

I mean, there's a first time for everything, right? LOL!

C

CT Challenger

Gee, where are all those CT Rep’s?

You know, the ones who proclaim so loudly and so often that they know all about their beloved store’s products and policies?

After all, we heard recently that “atleast two ct dealers posting here regularly, myself and another”.

So, how did the “ct dealers” and rep’s respond to the mention of the many CT products that have no warranty?

(It shouldn't be a surprise - there's a list on CT's own "returns" web page, or you just Google "this product has no warranty" "canadian tire". And I’ve been leaving hints and clues since Saturday - but I finally had to draw them a map to their own web site!)

What do you think? Did they acknowledge the no-warranty products? Answer questions on refunds or exchanges for these items?

Let’s have a little review of their valuable contributions to this discusson:

“oh and before I forget, what product has no warranty as you claim? unless it's an as is on a clearance rack somewhere, everything has a warranty … liar”

“Oh right and i'm asking AGAIN for the products that have zero warranty. even my plants are warrantied so i'll be interested to find out the answer to this one”

“Hate to call you on your lies, but can you name one of the "many" items that don't have any warranty at all? I just need one to further disprove your lies. ”

Huh!

Do you suppose they are just THAT ignorant of the policies they vigorously debate on a daily basis? I mean, they are pretty clued out and ignorant.

But, they do have a pretty terrible records of telling the most outrageous lies, some of them over and over again. They could just bald-faced liars, hoping to trick customers into buying thing that have no warranty.

Maybe we should just wait & see what they have to say for themselves ...

Guest-0367

Posted by an unregistered user
Well, it seems “The Mother’s Day Effect” has worn off,and the CT Reps are back to their old tricks.

Look what I ran across, over in the "No Warranty" thread (as if that was relevant).

Well i am going to eat some crow on this repair policy

Yes, more CT Reps like this poster should be 'eating some crow'. Actually, quite a bit.

i made a phone call yesterday to Home Depot in Saskatoon to inquire about two products. A club cadet 42" riding lawn tractor and a John Deere model. I spoke to the seasonal Manager and asked abut the warranty.

Very interesting. Because I just called 1-800-668-2266, and spoke to Ethan about it.

However, I wasn’t interested in any warranty terms – just the refund policy, if it is defective.

(Why is it that all these CT Rep’s go on and on about the warranty, when the real issue is the refund policy? Very mystifying! They are always SO confused!)

One question was asked. I told her I was comparing retailers to decide which tractor to buy. The question posed was "If i buy this unit and it breaks down, what happens?"

Yup, I asked Ethan the exact same question (but didn’t start off with anything about a warranty).

Ethan told me I have “90 days to return it”, and I could get a refund if I didn’t want a replacement. Huh! I asked if that applies to defects, or only if I “change my mind”. He said, “there’s no difference”.

Based on the obviously bogus report by a CT Rep, I decided to ask Ethan about the difference between a ‘warranty’ and a ‘refund policy’. He said, “After the 90 day return period, it falls to the manufacturer’s warranty”.

Now, isn’t that interesting?

How come whenever a Consumer calls one of CT’s competitors, or a provincial Ministry, they always report being told the truth? Ii.e., that EVERY OTHER major retailer will provide a refund for a defective item?

The club cadet unit gets brought to an authorized repair depot and serviced under warranty. transportation to the facility is at the customers cost. JohN Deere is also serviced at John Deere authorized depot, but they will pick it up and transport it within a certain distance. the manager even noted that the policy was fairly standard across major retailers.

Now, isn’t that interesting, too?

How come whenever a CT Rep calls one of CT’s competitors or a provincial Ministry, they always report being lied to? That they were told that EVERY OTHER major retailer has the SAME DAMN policies as CT?

Very, very strange.

(Now if only there were some logical explanation as to who is telling the lies here …)

Oh, and I also asked Ethan if the policies were different in Saskatchewan. He said there is “No difference”. Huh!

IN all fairness since a CT rep yesterday admitted that she didn't know there was no warranty items, we should represent ourselves equally as humble when we are wrong.

Huh. No why would a CT Rep view the simple statement, "you're right", as being “humble”? Maybe if your ego is really, really inflated, it 'feels' humble?

It's a sad day today

Nope, it’s just another day for the CT Liars.

CT Me / Lawguy

you're ridiculous

so two ct dealers just admitted they were wrong about a policy on a single product, and you still claim liar AND someone else involved Home Depot and you call them a liar.

So the rule is, if you disagree, you're clearly wrong and a liar.

What world do you live in? One where clearly you know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING

Guest-0367

you're ridiculous

Yes, they (assuming there are more than one of them) admitted being wrong about the single product, and about calling me a liar.

But since they admitted that, nobody has referred to those lies again.

However, the CT Rep(s) have since decided to begin posting a whole new round of lies, so there is nothing wrong with someone providing proof of that, and pointing out that they are telling new lies. Not very complicated, actually.

... AND someone else involved Home Depot and you call them a liar.

Yes, because there is proof that they lied. Not so complex, if you think about it for a second or two.

So the rule is, if you disagree, you're clearly wrong and a liar.

See, here we go again.

The rule is, if you post a lie here, and someone provides proof that it was a lie, then you are clearly wrong and a liar.

Like you just did!

Do you get it, yet? It's really very simple.

1 - You post a lie.
2 - Someone posts evidence that you lied.
3 - Someone calls you (correctly) a liar.

What world do you live in? One where clearly you know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING

Customers live in a world where CT Reps routinely post incorrect and inaccurate information, which could easily lead customers to buy products from CT without fully understanding the rules that CT has put in place to avoid giving customers the same remedies that other major retailers provide, and which the law requires.

Again, pretty simple.

Oh, and nobody here ever said they know everything about everything. Was that part of the question? Or another statement that can be easily disproven?

Here's a question for you: Do you CT Reps just type anything that pops into your heads, without any concern about whether it's true or not?

Because it sure looks that way. Just my opinion.

CT Challenger

In another thread, someone claiming to be a CT Representative wrote:

happy Thursday. Don't forget, the new flyer comes out today, lots of great savings hahahaa

I decided to have a little peak at the flyer, to see what kinds of refunds and exchanges a customer has will lose if they want to get these "great savings":

All product information was quickly found right on the CT web site.

The following pricey items have "Repair Only" (No Refund, No Exchange):

Troy-Bilt 20 HP / 46-in (117 cm) Lawn Tractor, Product #60-1878-2 Sale $2,149.99 repair only warranty

Yardworks 17.5 HP / 42-in Transmatic Lawn Tractor, Product #60-1844-2 Sale $1,399.99 repair only warranty

Yardworks 16.5 HP / 42-in Transmatic Lawn Tractor Product #60-1845-0 Sale $1,299.99 repair only warranty

Napoleon CT485 RSB Stationary Propane BBQ Product #85-3020-2 Sale $849.99 parts replacement warranty

Troy Bilt 160cc / 21-in 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower Product #60-1633-4 Sale $549.99 repair only warranty

Briggs & Stratton Elite Series 2700 PSI Gas Pressure Washer Product #39-8581-8 Sale $449.99 repair only warranty

Mastercraft Convertible 5 Gallon Jet Pump, 1/2 HP Product #62-3588-6 Sale $299.99 repair only warranty

That's a lot of money for something you can't even exchange, let alone get a refund on. Better to buy equivalent products from somewhere else.

The following items at least have an "Exchange Warranty" (No Refund), so at least you can get a refund:

Motomaster Nautilus Battery Pack, 800 A Product #11-1592-8 Sale $449.99 exchange warranty

Mastercraft Nautilus 15A Onboard Battery Charger Product #11-1521-8 Sale $119.99 exchange warranty

Truck Bed Cargo Rack Product #34-2024-2 Sale $379.99 exchange warranty

Kleen Machine Universal Pool Cleaner Product #81-1053-4 Sale $399.99 exchange warranty

OBD 2-in-1 Reader Product #25-1009-8 Sale $239.99 exchange warranty

Porter Cable 6-in. Random-Orbit Polisher Product #47-5940-2 Reg. $229.99 exchange warranty

Some other items have other "warranties", so we don't know yet what the refund or exchange:

Guardian Pro Mosquito Trap Product #59-3490-6 Sale $399.99 This product carries a special warranty

Dyson DC25 Ball Upright Vacuum Product #43-6235-4 Reg. $599.99 warranty against original defects in material and workmanship

CT Me / Lawguy

Well right along this last post check out the first thing that goes on in my store this morning

A guy busts through the door early early pushing a lawnmower. It's clearly used, and i don't mean some grass clippings on it, it's covered in sand and dust and grass clippings. It's obviously been used on some fairly harsh terrain as the sides and undersides are all scuffed up. he brought it brand new in box 3 days ago. he's young and arrogant and starts saying I paid for this peice of shit and the drive is broken. I checked it myself he says, it's not something simple, it's just bombed and claims it was just on a flat patch of grass.

Now the policy says 7 day over the counter exchange, and then repair kicks in. We agreed to exchange it because he's within 7 days. He demands money back. We say no, here's your new mower. He leaves, somewhat satisfied.
Bring it into the shop and guess what.... the belt has come off the pulley. 18 second fix, mower fires perfectly.
So now I have a mower that has hardly any use, but is rather beat up, works perfectly.

...and that boys and girls is EXACTLY why repair warranties exist

CT Challenger

We agreed to exchange it ... 18 second fix, mower fires perfectly.
...and that boys and girls is EXACTLY why repair warranties exist

So typical of CT.

The store screwed up by giving an exchange for something that wasn't actually defective.

CT likes to brag about how many units of outdoor power equipment they sell, so they should be able to tell a defective one, from one needing routine maintenance.

But instead of the store taking responsibility for their own incompetence, they want to use this as an excuse to deny all legitimate refunds or exchanges to all future customers.

Nice job, CT. Nice job.

But hey, what happened to that CT Rep's story, about how refunds, exchanges and repairs "don't cost the store any money" (or words to that effect)? Are you saying they lied? Why, then, are there "repair only warranties"?

CT Me / Lawguy

So typical of CT.

The store screwed up by giving an exchange for something that wasn't actually defective.

CT likes to brag about how many units of outdoor power equipment they sell, so they should be able to tell a defective one, from one needing routine maintenance.

But instead of the store taking responsibility for their own incompetence, they want to use this as an excuse to deny all legitimate refunds or exchanges to all future customers.

Nice job, CT. Nice job.

But hey, what happened to that CT Rep's story, about how refunds, exchanges and repairs "don't cost the store any money" (or words to that effect)? Are you saying they lied? Why, then, are there "repair only warranties"?

I won't lost money on the transaction, the point has zero to do with money. The point has everything to do with what we've said all along, the majority of returned items that are powered are NOT actually defective. That's why repair warranties exist.
How was this about the stores incompetence? we sold an item, the customer used it incorrectly and caused it to fail in this case. The item was perfectly good, and still is perfectly functioning after the quick fix just cosmetically beat up. We didn't deny anybody anything, everything was by the book, and in fact over and above considering there was nothing wrong with the unit.

So take your CT incompetence comments and your deny the customer this and that and well....... fuck off quite frankly.

Angry CT Guy

So typical of CT.

Nice job, CT. Nice job.

Are you just a fricken moron or do you actually think before you post. There aren't any small engine mechanics working at the store, there aren't any certified plumbers in plumbing, electricians in the electrical aisle, and a $10.00 an hour returns clerk shouldn't and doesn't have to guess when the customer has abused/not followed instructions/has had a belt come off....that's why it goes for repair. It was me that posted we aren't out any money for those types of returns...within 7 days...back to manufacturer and I get paid.....after 7 days, if I so choose, I can still get paid from CT if I choose to replace it. But because a customer like the last poster is far more the norm, than a defective item, I choose to send it to a professional before I actually believe it to be defective....then I deal with the defective items as I see fit...sometimes refund, sometimes exchange....but it's my choice and it's mostly exchange...I'm not a free rental store.

Angry CT Guy

In another thread, someone claiming to be a CT Representative wrote:

I decided to have a little peak at the flyer, to see what kinds of refunds and exchanges a customer has will lose if they want to get these "great savings":

All product information was quickly found right on the CT web site.

The following pricey items have "Repair Only" (No Refund, No Exchange):

Troy-Bilt 20 HP / 46-in (117 cm) Lawn Tractor, Product #60-1878-2 Sale $2,149.99 repair only warranty

Yardworks 17.5 HP / 42-in Transmatic Lawn Tractor, Product #60-1844-2 Sale $1,399.99 repair only warranty

Yardworks 16.5 HP / 42-in Transmatic Lawn Tractor Product #60-1845-0 Sale $1,299.99 repair only warranty

Napoleon CT485 RSB Stationary Propane BBQ Product #85-3020-2 Sale $849.99 parts replacement warranty

Troy Bilt 160cc / 21-in 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower Product #60-1633-4 Sale $549.99 repair only warranty

Briggs & Stratton Elite Series 2700 PSI Gas Pressure Washer Product #39-8581-8 Sale $449.99 repair only warranty

Mastercraft Convertible 5 Gallon Jet Pump, 1/2 HP Product #62-3588-6 Sale $299.99 repair only warranty

That's a lot of money for something you can't even exchange, let alone get a refund on. Better to buy equivalent products from somewhere else.

The following items at least have an "Exchange Warranty" (No Refund), so at least you can get a refund:

Motomaster Nautilus Battery Pack, 800 A Product #11-1592-8 Sale $449.99 exchange warranty

Mastercraft Nautilus 15A Onboard Battery Charger Product #11-1521-8 Sale $119.99 exchange warranty

Truck Bed Cargo Rack Product #34-2024-2 Sale $379.99 exchange warranty

Kleen Machine Universal Pool Cleaner Product #81-1053-4 Sale $399.99 exchange warranty

OBD 2-in-1 Reader Product #25-1009-8 Sale $239.99 exchange warranty

Porter Cable 6-in. Random-Orbit Polisher Product #47-5940-2 Reg. $229.99 exchange warranty

Some other items have other "warranties", so we don't know yet what the refund or exchange:

Guardian Pro Mosquito Trap Product #59-3490-6 Sale $399.99 This product carries a special warranty

Dyson DC25 Ball Upright Vacuum Product #43-6235-4 Reg. $599.99 warranty against original defects in material and workmanship

That is 100% correct. Did you catch the price on those items? You think that MTD, DYSON, BRIGGS and STRATTON, etc. don't test their product before it goes to market? For the RARE defects on these items, because I've sold hundreds and have seen maybe 2 or 3, the defect has been minor and was fixed within days.
Did you also check out the price on those items....pretty phenomenal for the customer...but I can tell you that after expenses, I don't make one plug nickel on most of them....we carry it as a service, not because they are money makers.
By the way, many retailers carry MTD products....Troy-Bilt and Yard Works are ours; however, Club Cadet, Bolen's, Remington, etc. are other brands they sell under....and I don't care where you buy their product....it has a repair ONLY warranty and that's that.

CT Challenger

That is 100% correct. Did you catch the price on those items? You think that MTD, DYSON, BRIGGS and STRATTON, etc. don't test their product before it goes to market? For the RARE defects on these items, because I've sold hundreds and have seen maybe 2 or 3, the defect has been minor and was fixed within days.
Did you also check out the price on those items....pretty phenomenal for the customer...but I can tell you that after expenses, I don't make one plug nickel on most of them....we carry it as a service, not because they are money makers.
By the way, many retailers carry MTD products....Troy-Bilt and Yard Works are ours; however, Club Cadet, Bolen's, Remington, etc. are other brands they sell under....and I don't care where you buy their product....it has a repair ONLY warranty and that's that.

I dont think you read carefully. The post list is about return policies. Nothing to do with warranties.

A warranty and a return policies are very different. Anybody who works in retail should know that.

For all those no-warranty products that Canadian Tire sells, i'm sure you could get them somewhere else that would give a warranty. Plus, you'd want to buy those from a store that has SOME kind of return policy for them. That's just standard. I can't believe Crappy Tire is trying to get away with that!!!

Angry CT Guy

I dont think you read carefully. The post list is about return policies. Nothing to do with warranties.

A warranty and a return policies are very different. Anybody who works in retail should know that.

For all those no-warranty products that Canadian Tire sells, i'm sure you could get them somewhere else that would give a warranty. Plus, you'd want to buy those from a store that has SOME kind of return policy for them. That's just standard. I can't believe Crappy Tire is trying to get away with that!!!

You're sure? Are you really? Do you really know or are you just one of the "I think so pundits"?
Get a fucking education, you moron....because you are truly misinformed and are getting called on it each and every day.

CT Challenger

You're sure? Are you really? Do you really know or are you just one of the "I think so pundits"?
Get a fucking education, you moron....because you are truly misinformed and are getting called on it each and every day.

These CT people are disgusting.

Instead of acknowledging their crappy policies, they insult consumers, and try to hide the truth.

They don't like it when consumers tell one-another about the true nature of Crappy Tire's crappy policies.

The "returns" web site only says, "the manufacturer's warranty will apply", but doesn't say what that means. Neither do any signs in the store. Only "Easy Returns", when they are not easy for defects.

Consumers can only find out what the return policy on a defective item really is, by asking Customer Service.

Lucikly for consumers, we have figured out that the web page lists Warranty information for most products. From that, you can get a good idea of what the return policy will be.

The CT'ers don't want consumers to know that they have a policy against giving a refund for almost all of their defective products ("exchange only").

The don't want consumers to know that they have a policy against giving even an exchange for many of their defective products. ("repair only".)

And they don't want consumers to know that they won't "standing behind what they sell" for many products, and won't even help an innocent consumer get it repaired. (items that have "no warranty".)

The poster is trying to cast doubts on these facts.

CT Sucks, and the CT'ers who post here are trying to convince consumers they don't.

Or, at least that other stores suck just as much (even those CT sucks far worse).

It's a good thing consumers are learning all these tricks.

"Friends Don't Let Friends Shop at Crappy Tire".

CT Me / Lawguy

These CT people are disgusting.

"Friends Don't Let Friends Shop at Crappy Tire".

OH yah? Guess you don't have many friends then......loser

Just under 1000 customers made purchases at my store yesterday..... in a town of around 8000 people LOL
So 1 in 8 people shopped here yesterday and that number is probably low since populations include kids....

you do the math. Lots of your friends are shopping at Canadian Tire
you lose

CT Challenger

Lots of your friends are shopping at Canadian Tire

Well, fellow consumers, what do you think? Do you imagine that any active pro-consumer posters on this stie would fail to educate their friends on the devious policies of CT?

Once they can see for themselves what the policies really are at Crappy Tire, and how much better they are at the competitors' stores, they generally stop shopping there.

When they learn how CT tries to conceal the truth, they are often outraged.

CT can only hide the truth for so long, and word is spreading.

I do agree with you the CT Rep, that consumers on this site and other sites aren't doing enough to get the word out.

But we do owe the CT Rep a debt of thanks for helping out - up to 200 Views a day, just on this tread! Due in no small part to the postings of the CT Reps, I'm sure!

Lots of 'bots indexing the truth about the stores' sleazy policies on a daily basis, too.

Every little bit help. I'm sure all the documented CT Lies are also of benefit to the consumers, too

But consumers shouldn't be letting the CT Rep do all the work! Keep telling people what this disgusting corporation and its "dealers" are up to! There's much still to be done!

"Friends Don't Let Friends Shop at Crappy Tire!"

CT Me / Lawguy

ooh scary.

By the way, 200 views a day isn't a real number. every time I click on a post it's a view. then i post my reply and it takes me back to the page, it's a view. If i make 5 or 6 posts a day, there's 10-15 views LOL then my fellow dealer does the same.... and each of you trolling around does the same.

Truth is, we're looking at between 7 and 10 people a day here, all of whom are regulars. way to get the word out!

PS - the word MUST be spreading. our business is growing. all that damage one little website with 10 people....oh no i better sell my franchise.

Funny you talk about our policies. In the last 10 minutes I was out on the floor. two lawnmowers and one riding tractor just sold. All customers received the warranty documents about repair, and the phone number of the authorized repair center here in town and guess what..... they were ALL very happy that they knew what to do and who to call. Not a single concern!

DavidLeR

Truth is, we're looking at between 7 and 10 people a day here, all of whom are regulars. way to get the word out!

whenever i see a ct'er writing about 'truth', it never fails to give me a good laugh

there lies has a thread all its own

check this out:

"Who's Online 1 members and 13 guests"

hmm - 13 at one time - isn't that more than 10 per day?

let me get my calculator - yup - 13 is definitely more

site sta't's also says this:

"Most users ever online was 33, 03-09-2011 at 08:50 AM"

wow

methinks 33 might be a lot more than 10

wait - let me use my magical "CT Calculator" - is always gives an answer cter will like

yup - the magical ct calculator says '33 is less than 10' - must be standard issue by CTC

ha-ha-ha!