CT Me / Lawguy

Posted by an unregistered user
4000 TOTAL posts
40 months in operation
that equates to 100 posts a month
about 3 posts a day on average
Yup better sell my franchise LOL

guess what my calculator says...... this website stands ZERO chance of having ANY impact on my business or anyone else's. Also remember one little tidbit of information. If you've come here and come here regularly, you're likely not a CT customer anyways. So who is this site helpign to get the word out to? people who already aren't shopping at ct

total impact - approximately zero
if my calculator had letters instead of numbers it would say YOU FAIL'

CT Challenger

Funny you talk about our policies. In the last 10 minutes I was out on the floor. two lawnmowers and one riding tractor just sold. All customers received the warranty documents about repair, and the phone number of the authorized repair center here in town and guess what..... they were ALL very happy that they knew what to do and who to call. Not a single concern!

So you told them about warranties - big deal - customers are used to products having both a RETURN POLICY from the reatailer, and a WARRANTY from the manufacturer.

Like Costco, Home Depot and Walmart, among others. Those stores have a POLICY to offer REFUNDS if the customer isn't satisfied.

Not Crappy Tire, though. They tie the POLICY to the WARRANTY. Maybe in an effort to confuse customers, hmm?

I can just imagine that those customers thought: "Gee, good to know what the WARRANTY terms are. But I won't need them until after the 90 day RETURN period is up, right".

Wrong - as soon as you use the product - you own it. If you are lucky, the store will agree to an exchange only. Maybe a repair only. Maybe nothing at all for a "No Warranty" item.

Oh, and I don't suppose you bothered to tell the customers about the Sale of Goods Act, and the Consumer Protection Act, and about the implied warranty of merchantability, huh? No, I didn't think so.

CT Liars are like that. Never telling the truth, always spinning things to make themselves sound good - when they aren't.

Angry CT Guy

These CT people are disgusting.

Instead of acknowledging their crappy policies, they insult consumers, and try to hide the truth.

They don't like it when consumers tell one-another about the true nature of Crappy Tire's crappy policies.

The "returns" web site only says, "the manufacturer's warranty will apply", but doesn't say what that means. Neither do any signs in the store. Only "Easy Returns", when they are not easy for defects.

Consumers can only find out what the return policy on a defective item really is, by asking Customer Service.

Lucikly for consumers, we have figured out that the web page lists Warranty information for most products. From that, you can get a good idea of what the return policy will be.

The CT'ers don't want consumers to know that they have a policy against giving a refund for almost all of their defective products ("exchange only").

The don't want consumers to know that they have a policy against giving even an exchange for many of their defective products. ("repair only".)

And they don't want consumers to know that they won't "standing behind what they sell" for many products, and won't even help an innocent consumer get it repaired. (items that have "no warranty".)

The poster is trying to cast doubts on these facts.

CT Sucks, and the CT'ers who post here are trying to convince consumers they don't.

Or, at least that other stores suck just as much (even those CT sucks far worse).

It's a good thing consumers are learning all these tricks.

"Friends Don't Let Friends Shop at Crappy Tire".

AGAIN, you are completely out to lunch. I absolutely WANT customers to know that it is EXCHANGE only for defects, or repair for certain items....nothing wrong with it and it's printed on every receipt. We are NOT the free rental place.
You and people like you are idiots and are gladly welcomed to shop elsewhere.....the other 600 plus sucks.com sites let me know that you will NEVER be satisfied for long. Eventually, you will run out of places you're welcome at.
By the way, I just had a record number of customers for the May 24 weekend....proves that you are full of shit and aren't relevant.

CT Challenger

Truth is, we're looking at between 7 and 10 people a day here, all of whom are regulars. way to get the word out!

Funny how the CT'ers want the world to think any number the CT'ers pull out of their asses, is automatically "the truth", and we are all supposed to disbelieve the actual stat's from the web site they are talking about.

Stupid, and arrogant. A great combination!

CT Challenger

AGAIN, you are completely out to lunch. I absolutely WANT customers to know that it is EXCHANGE only for defects, or repair for certain items....nothing wrong with it and it's printed on every receipt. We are NOT the free rental place.
You and people like you are idiots and are gladly welcomed to shop elsewhere.....the other 600 plus sucks.com sites let me know that you will NEVER be satisfied for long. Eventually, you will run out of places you're welcome at.
By the way, I just had a record number of customers for the May 24 weekend....proves that you are full of shit and aren't relevant.

Seems you absolutely DON'T WANT consumers to know about the Sale of Goods Acts, or the Consumer Protection Act. Consumers can contact the Ministry and find out the truth for themselves, and what liars this CT rep really is.

Shopping somewhere else - anywhere else is better than shopping at CT. We've seen all the evidence we consumers need, and no longer believe the lies that CT feeds us.

You jerks keep saying that we want 'a free rental'. Hey, if it's not defective, but only used for a 'rental'? Then CT doesn't
owe us anything.

But if it's defective, then CT owes us a refund - plain and simple. At the very, very least, CT owes us an exchange, and not just a 'used', refurbished unit, when what we paid for is a new unit.

The law's been in effect for almost six years - time to get with the times. And start telling the truth, for a change.

CT Challenger

4000 TOTAL posts
40 months in operation
that equates to 100 posts a month
about 3 posts a day on average
Yup better sell my franchise LOL

You sure aren't good with numbers. Maybe you DO run a store!

You calculated an average. The site is clearly gaining in popularity. 200 Views, and that's just 1 thread of many.

That number of 13 users was just one moment in time. Users come and go all day long, so the number per day is much higher.

Hey, maybe you got that busted calculator of yours at CT? Better hope it isn't one of those "This product has no warrany" products - if so, you won't be getting a refund, exchange or repair - buyer beware, LOL!

CT Challenger

Hey, look:

1 members and 16 guests

I don't suppose some of those have been surfing this site all day long, do you?

Yeah, must just be the same 16 regulars. Oh, wait, somebody said it was max. 10. Maybe the same guy is logged on 6 times at once, and is actively surfing as all 6 at the same time?

Yeah, that must be it.

Be sure and google "repair only warranty", see what comes up. How long do you think CT can hide their trickery?

Angry CT Guy

whenever i see a ct'er writing about 'truth', it never fails to give me a good laugh

there lies has a thread all its own

check this out:

"Who's Online 1 members and 13 guests"

hmm - 13 at one time - isn't that more than 10 per day?

let me get my calculator - yup - 13 is definitely more

site sta't's also says this:

"Most users ever online was 33, 03-09-2011 at 08:50 AM"

wow

methinks 33 might be a lot more than 10

wait - let me use my magical "CT Calculator" - is always gives an answer cter will like

yup - the magical ct calculator says '33 is less than 10' - must be standard issue by CTC

ha-ha-ha!

This should be some easy math, even for DavidLer...not even ONE example of CTC's name and "illegal" return policy mentioned in the same sentence.

Today I had 1004 customers and a 52.46 dollar average sale. That's over 52K in sales, about 13k in gross profit, and close to 4000.00 in profit, to me, in a single day.

I also processed 64 returns, most were returns to stock, but some detectives....total number of complaints I received today=0....just like most days.

Number of "real" posters on this site is about 3....unless you count the faker advocates that post under multiple personalities.

Number of sucks.com sites....over 600....proving that you can complain about anyone, anytime....proving what?.....you guessed it....NOTHING....it's been a sport of losers for hundreds of years.

Amount of credibility DavidLer and his alter-egos has.....you guessed right again....0 (zero). Can't/won't answer questions that prove him wrong....over and over each and every day.

Do the math faker advocate, do the math.

Angry CT Guy

Seems you absolutely DON'T WANT consumers to know about the Sale of Goods Acts, or the Consumer Protection Act. Consumers can contact the Ministry and find out the truth for themselves, and what liars this CT rep really is.

Shopping somewhere else - anywhere else is better than shopping at CT. We've seen all the evidence we consumers need, and no longer believe the lies that CT feeds us.

You jerks keep saying that we want 'a free rental'. Hey, if it's not defective, but only used for a 'rental'? Then CT doesn't
owe us anything.

But if it's defective, then CT owes us a refund - plain and simple. At the very, very least, CT owes us an exchange, and not just a 'used', refurbished unit, when what we paid for is a new unit.

The law's been in effect for almost six years - time to get with the times. And start telling the truth, for a change.

You got it Einstein....almost 6 years and not one credible source that says you are correct in you're assumptions about the CPA and SOGA. By all means, call the ministry....I suspect people have and have found out at the same time that a repair is perfectly acceptable as a retailers resource.
By the way idiot, evidence is something that is tangible....you're opinion or the opinion of others doesn't count as evidence....try watching Judge Judy to help you out. Probably why you can't find ANY examples where ANY major retailer has been called on their perfectly LEGAL return policies.

CT Challenger

Fellow consumers:

Check this out:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...aints-chat/707-sale-goods-act-6.html#post3613

Lots of credible sources that the CT Liar doesn't want consumers to know about, all saying the same thing: refund for defective goods.

No assumptions are being made by anybody here - just quotations of what the experts are saying - experts the CT Liar doesn't want you to believe.

The evidence speaks for itself; consumers do not need to rely on any opinions offered here. Don't just take the word of the CT Liar who has their own self-interests at stake. Use these references as a starting point in your own research.

To us consumers, labels like "illegal" don't matter much - it only matters what rights they are given under the law, and how to enforce those rights.

Rights that CT doesn't want you to know about.

Get educated! Don't fall for the CT Lies!

DavidLeR

These CT Liars seem particularly restless tonight.

Could it be that they are treatened by the truth?

That's often the case with liars.

CT Challenger

Hmm, looks like Ontario is heading off to bed - not so much activity

Guest 10:42 PM Viewing Poll

Guest 10:47 PM Viewing Thread the owners

Guest 10:53 PM Viewing Thread Jobmate

Guest 10:53 PM Viewing Thread Simoniz Scam

Guest 10:52 PM Viewing Thread "Repair Only Warranty" - No Refund, No Exchange

Guest 10:55 PM Viewing Thread Jobmate

Guest 10:55 PM Viewing Thread Simoniz Scam

Pretty typical mix. Mostly on the return policies. Funny how that's a popular topic, day after day, for so many people.

Maybe they are getting up to speed on the sleazy CT polices? Let's hope so!

Angry CT Guy

These CT Liars seem particularly restless tonight.

Could it be that they are treatened by the truth?

That's often the case with liars.

Never threatened by faker advocates with multiple personalities. You are disproven so often, even though you try soooo hard to justify your opinion. I see you couldn't get consensus on redflags either....that's what happens when you don't do your homework.
Tsk,Tsk....faker advocate.....so easy to disprove.

CT Challenger

Fellow consumers:

It is generally the case that the incompetence of CT employees is detremental to the store’s customers.

However, here we have a rare case where employee incompetence is working for the benefit of customers.

When CT implemented special policies for defective items (such as the ‘exchange ony’ policy), they voluntarily took on the task of determining whether a returned item is defective, so that they can . If store staff miss the fact that a product isn’t really defective, then a customer will be given an exchange, even though they were not entitled to one.

(Note that a customer is actually entitled to a refund for a defective product, but that’s another issue. I’m only discussing the store’s own policy to refuse even an exchange for a defective item).

Recent posts by CT Representatives indicate that a high percentage of items which the store staff have deemed to be defective, are not actually defective at all.

What's funny is, they aren't even competent at screwing over the customer! LOL hilarious!

How do the CT Rep’s respond to their own proof of wide-spread incompetence of their staff?

Do they immediately implement a comprehensive training plan, so that their staff become competent at the task to which they were assigned?

Do they begin monitoring their staff, to insure that they properly carry out the task of identifying returned products that are not defective?

Do they even consider changing the store policy, and provide the refunds that are required by law?

No. Instead, they blame the customer.

And, use this as a justification for the “repair only” policy, where the customer will be further inconvenienced, and may well end up with a used product that is of poor quality to begin with.

Rather than fix the problem at their own stores, they try to further erode the rights of their customers.

Basically, for specific products, the Rep's are saying, "We tried to take away exchanges for non-defective items, but we keep screwing that up. So, we are going to take away exchanges altogether. That'll fix it."

Nice customer service there, CT. Very nice.

A related issue is, why do the CT Rep’s who post here get so upset about this issue?

Despite the admissions by previous CT Rep’s that exchanges cost the stores money, these recent CT posters claim that this is not the case – that exchanges don’t cost the store at all.

So, if the exchanges cost nothing, why the uproar? Why would they even care if the product isn’t defective? If the store isn’t out any money, why stress about it?

CT Me / Lawguy

Fellow consumers:
It is generally the case that the incompetence of CT employees is detremental to the store’s customers.
However, here we have a rare case where employee incompetence is working for the benefit of customers.

When CT implemented special policies for defective items (such as the ‘exchange ony’ policy), they voluntarily took on the task of determining whether a returned item is defective, so that they can . If store staff miss the fact that a product isn’t really defective, then a customer will be given an exchange, even though they were not entitled to one.

(Note that a customer is actually entitled to a refund for a defective product, but that’s another issue. I’m only discussing the store’s own policy to refuse even an exchange for a defective item).
Recent posts by CT Representatives indicate that a high percentage of items which the store staff have deemed to be defective, are not actually defective at all.
What's funny is, they aren't even competent at screwing over the customer! LOL hilarious!
How do the CT Rep’s respond to their own proof of wide-spread incompetence of their staff?

Do they immediately implement a comprehensive training plan, so that their staff become competent at the task to which they were assigned?

Do they begin monitoring their staff, to insure that they properly carry out the task of identifying returned products that are not defective?

Do they even consider changing the store policy, and provide the refunds that are required by law?

No. Instead, they blame the customer.
Nice that you've answered a question you know zero about. Do you know what training is offered? what training is used? Do you know how we manage, monitor, rate, discipline our teams?

no you do not

Training is available at all stores, department specific based on where people work. does that mean they will be experts in tools or appliances...no. they will learn the basics to answer questions and help customers. This is big box retail, people sometimes forget that. Mass merchant means just that.......mass....big scale. Usually the troubles at retail stores are not about "the task" as you put it, it's product knowledge. If you're claiming it's unique to Canadian Tire, you're as ignorant and blind as you present yourself. (completely ignorant and blind) - All retailers struggle with product expertise. if you want true experts, go to a pro-shop and pay through the ass for stuff.

Our job is NOT, i repeat NOT to determine if a product is defective at stores. You think a cashier is able to determine if it's an electrical short or worn brushes? No. It's not safe or smart to have unqualified people look at and make decisions on electrics, hydraulics, gas powered etc.... - that's why we employ authorized repair facilities.

And, use this as a justification for the “repair only” policy, where the customer will be further inconvenienced, and may well end up with a used product that is of poor quality to begin with.

Rather than fix the problem at their own stores, they try to further erode the rights of their customers.
Basically, for specific products, the Rep's are saying, "We tried to take away exchanges for non-defective items, but we keep screwing that up. So, we are going to take away exchanges altogether. That'll fix it."

Nice customer service there, CT. Very nice.
Again, you've got your own ideas of what is happening, most of which are only half truths. I have contacted several local stores (Home Depot, John Deere, Sears) in regards to these products. They all say the same. gas powered and some power tools go for repair to an authorized center. period. i KNOW factually this is the case. you've just chosen not to believe it. That's not my problem but I promise it will be your problem when you buy your tractor at Sears and then end up at the repair facility going fuck.... that Canadian Tire guy was right, I can't get a refund from anyone anytime because I want it.

As usual you are misinformed. The rights of the customers are not as YOu see them. The rights of the customer are as based on returns, exchanges and warranty policies at the store they were bought at. Your incorrect assessment of rights under CPA and SGA have you thinking you can just get your cash back, but you can't. You deal with the exchange or repair policy, period.

A related issue is, why do the CT Rep’s who post here get so upset about this issue?

Despite the admissions by previous CT Rep’s that exchanges cost the stores money, these recent CT posters claim that this is not the case – that exchanges don’t cost the store at all.

So, if the exchanges cost nothing, why the uproar? Why would they even care if the product isn’t defective? If the store isn’t out any money, why stress about it?

It's not ALL about money, there's also right and wrong. Just because we don't lose money doesn't mean its the right thing to do all the time. A business can not let consumers walk all over them or make decisions for them. The customer is NOT always right. Sometimes customers are 100% legitimate, they have concerns and complaints that we will bend over backwards to solve regardless of the policy, warranty etc....
Sometimes a situation warrants operating fully within the guidelines, no exceptions. I don't operate black and white, I will always look for a way to help a customer if it is legitimate (not because they are complaining) but because it makes sense.

At the end of the day you just don't get it. it amazes me that this small group of people all have blinders on by choice or by ignorance i'm not sure. You have chosen to see everything Canadian Tire as negative. That's not my problem, that's a problem of you being too stupid to see things objectively. No matter what the topic, the question, the answer, the comment, you find a way to spin it as a Canadian Tire fuck up, poor policy, incompetence or stealing from customers. If you really believe this is the daily operations at 480 stores, you're fucked. It is my experience that closed minded individuals fail. You see things one way, stick to your guns and stupidly/stubbornly refuse to look at anything else.

I have in my brain a test pilot idea. If me and the other dealer stopped discussing things on here, it would go dead silent for a while. Why? Because all you do is bitch about the same things over and over again. You don't like our stores, we get that. As business owners we never like to have upset customers, or customers that choose other retailers over CT. We are in business to make money, and in order to do so we work hard to satisfy customers to the best of our ability. By the same token, as business men we are also smart enough to know that we do not win 100% of the time, AND there are some customers, very few but some who make so much noise and are never satisfied, they can shop elsewhere and i won't be concerned.

You are those people!!

CT Challenger

Fellow consumers:

/

Hey, then don't go and tell them!

They might actually get off their butts and fix their own problem, LOL!

I think you are right on their solution, though:

We are no good at spotting products that aren't defective? Just refuse all returns!

"LOL Hilarious", as they say.

CT Challenger

Hey, then don't go and tell them!

They might actually get off their butts and fix their own problem, LOL!

I think you are right on their solution, though:

We are no good at spotting products that aren't defective? Just refuse all returns!

"LOL Hilarious", as they say.

yeah and itll only be a start on all the defective things they refused to make good on in the past

besides if its draining the store then so much the better

or wait - i forgot - it 'doesnt cost a thing'

well then they should ensure their own returns clerks arent sending all this stuff to the landfill

or maybe its the repair depot - the cters seemed mixed up on how they handle exchanges

or maybe its all about 'right and wrong' and they need to teach their staff the difference

not sure how compulsive liars are going to make that happen ....

Angry CT Guy

yeah and itll only be a start on all the defective things they refused to make good on in the past

besides if its draining the store then so much the better

or wait - i forgot - it 'doesnt cost a thing'

well then they should ensure their own returns clerks arent sending all this stuff to the landfill

or maybe its the repair depot - the cters seemed mixed up on how they handle exchanges

or maybe its all about 'right and wrong' and they need to teach their staff the difference

not sure how compulsive liars are going to make that happen ....

It doesn't really matter what you think...I'm sure you've been reminded of that several times in your life by several people, employers, failed relationships. Losers are pretty easy to spot....they can only call people liars, because they lie all the time...and have been probably called on it repeatedly.
You don't think there is anything wrong with exchanging a perfectly good item with a new one?
You lose, loser, you lose.

CT Challenger

bottom line - crappy tire decided to do away with refunds for defective items - offer exchanges instead

for whatever reasons their incompetent staff are giving away too many refunds

ha-ha - they failed at screwing their own customers

so instead of fixing the problem - they want to do away with exchanges - repair only

oh - and blame the innocent customer in the process

another reason to shop somewhere else - anywhere else