S

Smart Consumer

I think DavidLer is actually the administrator of this site, looking to suck others into donating to keep his blog site alive.

Look who has returned to spout more hypocrisies on self-serving behaviour.

After confessing to a series of lies designed to protect the corporation's ill-gotten gains, it has reared it's paranoid head once again to lash out yet another innocent victim.

Here's a hint: when the neighbour's dog starts telling you to kill somebody, it's definitely time to seek some help.

Just sayin'.

Angry CT Guy

Posted by an unregistered user
Returned?....I haven't gone anywhere just calling the b.s. as I see it is all....I neither work for a Canadian Tire store or the corporate world. Your paranoia is interesting though.....thought this was supposed to be a helpful blog, not just another "room" for yahoo rejects.
Just answer the questions and all your bullshit goes away....do you deal from a position of strength or not.....I know I do.

Angry CT Guy

Look who has returned to spout more hypocrisies on self-serving behaviour.

After confessing to a series of lies designed to protect the corporation's ill-gotten gains, it has reared it's paranoid head once again to lash out yet another innocent victim.

Here's a hint: when the neighbour's dog starts telling you to kill somebody, it's definitely time to seek some help.

Just sayin'.

Smart Consumer is also DavidLer......looking for your DONATIONS.....got to keep his business venture alive.

CT Challenger

More lies from Unregistered.

Tell us: did you lie when you wrote:

I am a dealer, and that's why I know so much about the inner workings of a CTC store. I only got involved because much of the information given by posters such as DavidLer is simply not true, but his interpretation ... There are actually some half decent complaints on this site that I use to ensure my employees don't go down the same path, but when info is given that just doesn't ring true, even from a common sense point of view....I like to add some perspective.

Or did you lie when you wrote:

Returned?....I haven't gone anywhere just calling the b.s. as I see it is all....I neither work for a Canadian Tire store or the corporate world. Your paranoia is interesting though.....thought this was supposed to be a helpful blog, not just another "room" for yahoo rejects.
Just answer the questions and all your bullshit goes away....do you deal from a position of strength or not.....I know I do.

Looks like just more BS from another CT rep.

CT Challenger

hang on i think ive figured out the unregistered mystery.

i think we are supposed to believe that the old unregistered is still posting here but is still claiming to be unaffiliated with any stores. however he/she has now descended into a paranoid conspiracy theory involving davidler various other posters and the admin's of this site. and maybe Big Banks and the Gov'ment. i'm not kidding - see earlier posts.

in the meantime we are supposed to believe that a brand new never heard from before but also customer hating unregistered has recently arrived on the scene and has begun posting the exact same canadian tire lies and bs, using the exact same writing style and weird puncturation ...... but is not at all the same person as the first unregistered.

this gets weirder by the day.

Guest-0276

This site is full of wackos.....are their religious reasons to not refund now?

The Billes brothers are rolling over in their graves knowing the likes of you are ruining their legacy. One of the basic tenets of their store was to deal with the customer honestly and earn their way into the world, hence the bible verse. Now in your pathetic dealer hands what do we have? Mad customers because you ripped them off, put their lives in danger, ruined their cars, ruined their lives, killed a customer, and made a questionable living while lying about the 'good' that you do. Some legacy they in your hands.

Leviticus 19:11

“You shall not steal; you shall not deal falsely; you shall not lie to one another.

Guest-0276

Hey lawguy, if your store was so good why not advertise it. Something like we don't give refunds or exchanges just manufacturers warranty.

I'm still waiting for you to prove your claim that Zellers is bankrupt btw.

CT Me / Lawguy

Hey lawguy, if your store was so good why not advertise it. Something like we don't give refunds or exchanges just manufacturers warranty.

I'm still waiting for you to prove your claim that Zellers is bankrupt btw.

i think you're confused. i don't own a store or work at a store and it was someone unregistered that said Zellers was bankrupt,not I.
i happen to be aware that Zellers in fact is not bankrupt but has entered into a "site conversion" agreement with Target to convert a huge chunk of zellers sites into Target. if memory serves its a former ct guy that heads up zellers currently.

CT Challenger

same deal if its home depot item or wherever. the repair is the warranty.

Hey, LiarGuy:

Care to back up one of your claims, instead of weaseling out of it?

Where's your proof that Home Depot has a policy to refuse refunds and exchanges for things like pressure washers? Or even lawn mowers or snow blowers?

A good starting point might be their web site, which describes a 90-day return policy, which is here:

Return Policy | Home Depot Canada

Show us some proof, for a change.

And please ... no more endless links to manufacturer's warranties.

We are talking store policy, here. Something even Unregistered seemed to have figured out, eventually.

Or you could just admit what we already know: that you are lying.

Just like Unregistered had the courage to admit.

Or are you more cowardly than he/she?

CT Me / Lawguy

if you were attentive as we went through this previously i found and provided several links to home depot, lowes, home hardware and even john deere. each of these indicated that a gas powered item would be repaired or replaced at the discretion of the seller and could include refurbished parts. i'm not going to do your homework for you again. none were outside links, but they were all located under product specific information, not general returns rules as both you and davidler have attempted to use as your back up.

all of this was in response to the claim that repair warranties are ILLEGAL in Canada. I then continued and provided links to all sorts of items that have repair warranties from electronics to tools to disprove the claim that ct invented and is acting illegally.

thanks for playing
tell your friends

Guest-0276

i think you're confused. i don't own a store or work at a store and it was someone unregistered that said Zellers was bankrupt,not I.
i happen to be aware that Zellers in fact is not bankrupt but has entered into a "site conversion" agreement with Target to convert a huge chunk of zellers sites into Target. if memory serves its a former ct guy that heads up zellers currently.

No confusion here. You're the person who made that silly little claim, only you didn't sign it as 'lawguy'. You've done so in the past before. Admission of facts is a start.

CT Me / Lawguy

umm no. everytime i haven't signed in as lawguy i go back and restate next post that i hadn't done so. in case you haven't noticed there's probably a dozen unregistered posters, good luck figuring out who's who.

i am well aware of zellers path over the last 6 years from HBC to Zucker to NRDC (Lord & Taylor) and now dealings with target.

with dealings in consumer law all day, i have to keep up with who owns who, it's kind of my job.

CT Challenger

if you were attentive as we went through this previously i found and provided several links to home depot, lowes, home hardware and even john deere. each of these indicated that a gas powered item would be repaired or replaced at the discretion of the seller and could include refurbished parts.

Yeah, I already read all the crappy links you posted to manufacturer's warranties.

Anyway, any warranty that says "replace" is already miles ahead of the crappy CT policy to not provide replacements it it's "Repair Only".

Too bad that wasn't the question, though. Another dodgy move by LiarGuy.

Do you honestly believe you can read a manufacturer's warranty, and from that infer the policies of every retailer who sells that item? Liar. Although maybe in this case you are just really, really dumb?

i'm not going to do your homework for you again.

Homework. That's exactly what you've been asked to do, to support your own ridiculous claim.

And you've failed, yet again.

Not even close to proving anything about store policies.

none were outside links, but they were all located under product specific information, not general returns rules as both you and davidler have attempted to use as your back up.

Too bad that it's the retailers policies that are being debated, for which you've provided zero proof.

Just because Crappy Tire tries to hide their horrible policies, that doesn't mean other retailers are also being devious.

Lots of retailers publish their full policies clearly on their web sites, with no hidden clauses on the back of receipts, or that you have to pry out of their Customer Service desk.

Yet another way CT sucks.

And you help them along their way. Nice move. Im sure the CT dealers are very pleased with your attempts to deceive the public.

thanks for playing

And the name of the game is, "try to beat the truth out of LiarGuy".

Short of using a baseball bat, I don't think that's every gonna happen.

CT Me / Lawguy

Yeah, I already read all the crappy links you posted to manufacturer's warranties.

Anyway, any warranty that says "replace" is already miles ahead of the crappy CT policy to not provide replacements it it's "Repair Only".

Too bad that wasn't the question, though. Another dodgy move by LiarGuy.

Do you honestly believe you can read a manufacturer's warranty, and from that infer the policies of every retailer who sells that item? Liar. Although maybe in this case you are just really, really dumb?

Homework. That's exactly what you've been asked to do, to support your own ridiculous claim.

And you've failed, yet again.

Not even close to proving anything about store policies.

Too bad that it's the retailers policies that are being debated, for which you've provided zero proof.

Just because Crappy Tire tries to hide their horrible policies, that doesn't mean other retailers are also being devious.

Lots of retailers publish their full policies clearly on their web sites, with no hidden clauses on the back of receipts, or that you have to pry out of their Customer Service desk.

Yet another way CT sucks.

And you help them along their way. Nice move. Im sure the CT dealers are very pleased with your attempts to deceive the public.

And the name of the game is, "try to beat the truth out of LiarGuy".

Short of using a baseball bat, I don't think that's every gonna happen.

how can i communicate so you can comprehend?

1) davidler claims that a repair warranty is ILLEGAL for goods purchased in Canada - check , no dispute to be had
2) davidler claims that only canadian tire offers the repairs, everyone else replaces - check
3) davidler claims that the consumer gets to choose which option is used - check

so i addressed it with this information

1) a series of links (proof you asked for) on everything from apple ipods to appliances to power equipment goods froM RETAILERS (walmart, lowes etc....) that clearly state replace or repair at the retailers discretion
- the fact that a wide range of items from a wide range of retailers have repair at retailers discretion clearly stated means that either CT is not operating illegally, or all of them are.

so i ask directly, please respond directly.
1) are walmart, lowes, apple, john deere etc...all using an illegal repair policy?
2) are the links to their provided canadian websites false? fake? misleading? or fair to say those are actually the stated policies?
3)

with a little work you might see some clarity. basic returns policies are on everyones websites. product specific stuff has to be dug up with further clicking and follow through. if u truly believe you can buy a lawnmower at home depot, use it for 3 months, claim its defective and then demand a new replacement on the spot, you sir are mistaken. i urge you to explore such.

so you may call me a liar, threaten me with a baseball bat, try and claim expertise in everything from law to retailing to statistical analysis, do whatever you wish. i am of the opinion that you don't like ct, have made a ton of false assumptions and claims based on what you THINK ct is doing because you're disgruntled but refuse to see, hear, listen or read what is available to you.

in the mean time, hire one of my law colleagues to sue canadiantire for your claimed illegal policies. i'm confident you'll have a great time fighting that battle. good luck

CT Challenger

I comprehend just fine.

I comprehend what a liar you are.

Even this post is riddled with false claims about what others have stated. Easily proven just by looking back at what others have said, and then at the lies you have told about them.

I leave it as an exerciese to the interested reader to review what others have written, and then the self-serving distortions that LiarGuy has posted, in lieu of the truth.

But why even bother to distort the statements of others? Is it because you and your anti-customer, pro-retailer cronies don't like the message, so decide to shoot the messenger?

Then, after distorting what others have said, you go about 'proving' that the BS you attributed to them is wrong.

That shouldn't be hard, since basically made up all the words you put in their mouths, anyway.

It's pretty interesting how you can't even manage to disprove claims that you crafted on their behalf in the first place.

What a big waste of time.

Again, why bother? To try to make others look foolish? So that people genuinely seeking information here will be fooled into thinking they can't believe the people who post the truth here?

Just becaue its inconvenient or too expenseive for CT to do business honestly?

Still, you are hawking your links to manufacturer's warranties, as if they apply to other retailers. Nobody is saying the links you posted are false. Only irrelevant.

Only CT tries to pull such a stunt, with their "manufacturer's warranty will apply" crap.

This crap you spout about using a lawn mower for 3 months? A typical example of the garbage you generate to distract and distort.

People are paying attention to what you write here.

And seeing through the gibberish to the deceptions that lie behind them.

You think people just randomly decide they don't like CT, then decide to come here and make up false stories about the store.

It's the other way around.

People grow to dislike CT because of the many reprehensible things the store does. Then, they come here to post their experiences and observations.

And they are greeted here by store representatives like yourself who dish out another round of lies.

I don't know what your justification is for your horrible behaviour, for trying to help to stores screw over innocent people.

But I hope you are well compensated for it.

CT Me / Lawguy

dude, check this out. from post #1 in this VERY thread from your feathered friend LER.
are you sure he didn't make any of those claims?

It is interesting to contrast CT with major retailers, who generally will provide a refund during a fixed period of time, if you change your mind or it is not working.

If they don’t provide a refund, most retailers will at least provide an exchange for an item that is not working.

This is true of basically everything they sell, except for certain items that most stores will not refund or exchange (such as cut material or custom orders).

-----

An interesting side-topic is whether Canadian Tire is the only major Canadian retailer to use a ‘No Refund/No Exchange/Repair Only Warranty’ policy on any products.

I have reviewed a number of web sites and visited some stores, and have found no other major Ontario retailers who have such a policy. In fact, I generally have to explain to them what a “Repair Only” item is, and that it is no-refund/no-exchange.

Therefore, I would say that Crappy Tire is the only major retailer to use such a policy.

Taking this a step further, I have found no other stores in Canada who have used such a policy prior to its introduction by CT. On that basis, I would say that Crappy Tire has "invented" the "Repair Only" policy, as well as being unique in using it. Please correct me if you know the actual inventor.

CT Challenger

dude, check this out. from post #1 in this VERY thread from your feathered friend LER.

Yeah, I checked it out, and found out that you are again a liar, as usual.

Here's a perfect example.

I wrote:

Even this post is riddled with false claims about what others have stated

"Riddled" does NOT mean that every claim you made about what others have stated is false. It only means that there are a manyor a lot of such claims that you made are false.

But do you comprehend the difference? Do you stay true to what others have written? Are you truthful?

are you sure he didn't make any of those claims?

Well I never wrote that DavidLer didn't make ANY of those claims. Only that DavidLer didn't make SOME of the claims you attributed.

So, you are once again a liar, for falsely claiming that I said something I didn't, and trying to distort things.

But let us not stop there. Let's delve a little deeper into the truth.

When I checked it out, sure enough MOST of the claims YOU attributed to DavidLer are not ones that were ever made. You are once again distorting. Misrepresenting. A liar.

You can't even tell they truth about your own lies!

There really is very little point in debating anything with you further, because you'll just continue to write whatever self-serving crap you feel like, regardless of the truth.

Maybe you'll make a good lawyer for CT someday, after all.

Angry CT Guy

Yeah, I checked it out, and found out that you are again a liar, as usual.

Here's a perfect example.

I wrote:

"Riddled" does NOT mean that every claim you made about what others have stated is false. It only means that there are a manyor a lot of such claims that you made are false.

But do you comprehend the difference? Do you stay true to what others have written? Are you truthful?

Well I never wrote that DavidLer didn't make ANY of those claims. Only that DavidLer didn't make SOME of the claims you attributed.

So, you are once again a liar, for falsely claiming that I said something I didn't, and trying to distort things.

But let us not stop there. Let's delve a little deeper into the truth.

When I checked it out, sure enough MOST of the claims YOU attributed to DavidLer are not ones that were ever made. You are once again distorting. Misrepresenting. A liar.

You can't even tell they truth about your own lies!

There really is very little point in debating anything with you further, because you'll just continue to write whatever self-serving crap you feel like, regardless of the truth.

Maybe you'll make a good lawyer for CT someday, after all.

Still looking for donations? This "unregistered" poster is DavidLer and pretends to be others as well. Calling everyone a liar without answering even the simplest of questions onLy proves the lack of credibility he/she has. I can feel the proverbially stamping of his/her feet as I read the responses from any one challenging his rubbish. The simplest thinking person can see through your web of lies and I hardly think the will DONATE to your website business.

CT Me / Lawguy

i only made 3 claims in that post.... how wrong could i have been lol

so now your no claims or any claims but not all claims... round and round we go, where it stops nobody knows.

Angry CT Guy

The Billes brothers are rolling over in their graves knowing the likes of you are ruining their legacy. One of the basic tenets of their store was to deal with the customer honestly and earn their way into the world, hence the bible verse. Now in your pathetic dealer hands what do we have? Mad customers because you ripped them off, put their lives in danger, ruined their cars, ruined their lives, killed a customer, and made a questionable living while lying about the 'good' that you do. Some legacy they in your hands.

Leviticus 19:11

“You shall not steal; you shall not deal falsely; you shall not lie to one another.

Canadian Tire is still owned by the Billes'. Martha Billes and her son Owen who is also a store owner. How come no one has sued them for their illegal policies?