CTH8R

It should be interesting to see the response!

I expect it will, as usual, involve misrepresenting what a consumer has written, what the laws say, or what The Moaner has written ...

1wildhorse

well ive thrown down the gauntlet.truth is im sick of companies like this abusing people with their bad policies,bad customer service etc etc.its not just canadian tire,internet here is a joke.its got better over the last few years,but hell third world countries get better service than we do.im originally from the UK,and companies like this wouldnt last 5 minutes over there,they would have their trading licenses revoked for such shoddy practices.and for the record,i used to work in retail,i was in fact a store manager over there,and am well versed with the british sale of goods act(which is unsurprisingly similar to the BC version).
as i say if mr owner wishes to challenge me over this then bring it on as far as im concerned.and thanks for all your support by the way,you bring up interesting and valid points,while mr owner still thinks that a manufacturors policy is what the law is....who is deluded here?

CTH8R

YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE! YOU ARE FIGHTING A BATTLE WITH ZERO CREDIBILITY! YOU NEED A NEW HOBBY!

Well, let's not start making fun of one-another's hobbies, ok?

Because you are in no position to criticize, since your hobby is clearly misrepresenting things to consumers for personal gain. Or, do you see that as more of a 'job'?

Anyway, I enjoy this little hobby immensely, and it gives me great personal satisfaction.

Of course, I hate reading the many heart wrenching consequences of Crappy Tire's rip-offs and incompetence, like when a struggling family has their only vehicles destroyed, or even just a special family event being ruined by a shoddy product with a terrible (non)return policy.

But it is very gratifying to be able to partially redeem these horrible events, by capturing these tales of woe, and using them as warnings for other Canadians who have not yet fallen victim to Crappy Tire's greed and ineptitude.

The thing I get the most chuckles from, though, is when a Crappy Person gives up even the pretention of objectivity or fairness, and descends into name-calling and an ALL CAPS HISSY FIT!

"LOL Hilarious"!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Well, supposedly most CT dealers are so mega-rich, that they just play golf all day, date super-models at night, and post on this web site for laughs while they lighting cigars with hundred-dollar bills.

Maybe his yacht is too far off the coast of Saint Maritz to get a strong signal?

Or he's too tired out after all the super-model lovin' he's been getting?

CT Challenger

Um, the Moaner claimed there are "zero, I mean zero" people/customers/consumers who actually read this site anyway (despite what the statistics say - must be forged, right?).

Which means there would be "zero, I mean zero" impact to The Moaner's reputation, and thus no damages from your alleged defamation.

Oh, and even if any prospective customers actually read your statements, noboby would believe you, because all consumers who post here have "zero, I mean zero" credibility.

Seems you are safe from any lawsuits!

LMAO!

Last edited:

1wildhorse

one thing emerged today at the court hearing.the judge threw out champion's request to be made the defendant(although i was given the choice).so canadian tire absolutely cannot pass the buck onto the manufacturor.
on the other hand he has set aside the default judgement and allowed canadian tire right to defend themselves.(although their defense solely relies on the ramblings of an overly inflated egotistical idiot technician at champion).his latest reason why i invalidated the warranty was that i wasnt allowing 3 feet of airspace around the generator.given that i live in the ass end of nowhere,and he is in santa fe california(which to me is the ass end of nowhere),how the hell can he know this unless he hired a spy plane,and had it hover above my cabin(or it could have been the wrong cabin,he doesnt have a clue where i live)....
its completely nonsensical and now that canadian tire are squarely on the plate,they may possibly just see sense here.if not im more than happy to argue the shit out of this madman's crap.

CTH8R

Gotta love the fact that somebody paid to send this guy up here from California.

So, it wouldn't be cheaper for Crappy Tire to just sell reliable products from reputable manufacturers with an industry-standard 'it works or your money back' return policy?

1wildhorse

as if.no the guy never showed his face in bc,it was done over the phone.funnily enough i looked at the costco website the other day and couldnt find a champion generator...speaks volumes.anyways i had a reply from the CT lawyer.hopefully will be able to progress this thing on monday.i have to say that she was at least attempting to find a solution,but that she was bound by the rules as such.thankfully i have no such affiliation,and can totally speak my mind!basically because the judge threw out the attempt by champion to take liability for the issue,the ball is fairly and squarely in cts court.we will hopefully be able to settle the shit,and obviously i will be more than willing to help anyone else finding themselves in a similar situation.still wish mr owner would sue me.that would be FUN

1wildhorse

im still absoultely disgusted by your repair only warranty policy,it is completely immoral and illegal to my mind,to find out that you cannot just pass the buck to the manufacturor adds yet another string to my bow.FUCK YOU .

1wildhorse

i might just go to the police on this matter.FRAUD is against the law,and it would be interesting to see if your policies could be interpreted this way.or i may consider bringing a lawsuit against yourselves.either way it will still be FUN.please i urge you.DROP YOUR POLICIES OF NO RETURN/REPAIR ONLY,because the big bad wolf may well bring action against you.the stupid thing is that back in the day when you were actually concerned about your costomers,and their rights,nobody had a problem.but for some reason you decided that you were ABOVE the LAW.for the record your honour,we are talking about faulty goods,in which we have statutory rights.not because someone bought a bikini and got it home and didnt like the color.

CTH8R

Some of the CTers went so far as to say, "Any deception is fraud".

This is clearly not true ... which is lucky for them!

But I believe a criminal fraud needs an intend to deceive to the financial detriment of another.

I think you'd have to show that CT suspected that the product they were peddling was likely to be defective. I guess they would know that from defect rates, which I supposed could be subpoenaed.

However, if you need to show that they knew that your specific purchase was already defective before they knowingly sold it to you, you will have a much higher hill to climb. For instance, if it had already been returned as defective to Crappy Tire, but they deliberately put it back on the shelf so that it would be re-sold.

Hey, isn't there a thread for that?

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...-returned-goods-put-back-shelf-resold-me.html

1wildhorse

um surely when you take the crappy defective item back to the customer disservice desk,ask for your money back,AND THEY REFUSE,that act is a deception which leads to the financial detriment of the customer.the staff are told to say this.therefore we have CRIMINAL FRAUD no?

1wildhorse

surely whoever came up with the policy of no return/repair only would be a lawyer,who would have been aware of the terms of the sale of goods act,and would know that the policy directly contravenes the tems of said act.again CRIMINAL FRAUD.

1wildhorse

ok with this in mind i just went to talk to the police.they have said they are certainly interested in seeing if there is a criminal aspect to the situation regarding both their policy and also the act of being refused refunds on defective products. guess we have to sit back and wait to see what transpires here.he told me that their lawyers are adept at finding loopholes in legislation,and that they would have to be certain of the ground before they would be willing to undergo criminal proceedings.understandable!

1wildhorse

i should point out that it is because of the cocky attitudes shown by both mr ctowner and the canadian tire staff in general that i have been completely angered.you seem to think you run the country,no matter what the laws are,and it is my intention and aim to make you realise that you are not untouchable.if in the first place your company had been reasonable,and either exchanged or refunded the defective product i had bought in good faith from your crappy store,then NONE of this would be happening now.so take responsibility for your immoral (and it remains to be seen if they are also ILLEGAL)policies.

1wildhorse

funny how mr owner has been REALLY QUIET.i must admit even though its only us 3(apparently) that ever read this site,im totally getting a kick out of this debate.the lack of response from mr owner has spoken volumes to me.could it possibly be that he has realised that crappy tires policies are totally full of shit,having no basis in LAW and are indeed ILLEGAL? i cannot wait to see.it may be that this half crazed wild horse will be responsible in bringing down one of canadas biggest retailers.man i would love that!

CTH8R

If past history is any indication, the Troll posts will disappear for a few days, or weeks, or even months.

Then, just when you start to actually miss the amusing misrepresentations ...

Wham!

Another Trolling post, full of arrogance, snide comments and lies about what consumers wrote, what even the Moaner One wrote, what the laws say, the policies of other retailers, and so on.

But never, ever will the next round of posts be enlightened by any actual facts or information!

It's actually kinda fun!

1wildhorse

man youve been watching this kinda crap from the representative from the 'red triangle of crap' for far longer than i have.i hear ya.let mr moaner say what he wants.like i say i actually went to the police today.lets hope that we can prove that their policies are indeed illegal.where we live the cops have very little to do,and are quite frankly bored a lot of the time.so they may well be intrigued by what we are talking about.and i will certainly share what we come up with.
incidentally if they actually think that a crime is being committed by this shoddy company and actually pursue this through the courts,and the complaint is upheld,that canadian tire did indeed deliberately DEFRAUD their clients,then we will all have recourse through the civil courts and be able to seek punitive damages for their fraudulent actions against ourselves.curiouser and curiouser as alice said.