1wildhorse

next stop the vancouver sun i believe.ill be phoning them as soon as their offices open.lets face it,if im right here,then canadians are being defrauded by this company on a daily basis to the tune of millions of dollars.juicy.

1wildhorse

ok a little more news.first of all i am now a little more understanding about what is going on.
the RCMP DO have powers to investigate allegations of corporate fraud,but such allegations have to exceed a certain amount($100,00 or so i dont have the exact figure).so because each individual act of fraud committed against us is far less than this figure,they cannot investigate.obviously if you look at the total number of customers defrauded in this way then i am sure the total figure would be far in excess of this amount,but because it is not one fraud totalling such an amount they are powerless to even investigate.convenient.
i contacted an investigative reporter about this,and he has given me an avenue to explore.unfortunately he is too sick to do things himself right now.he said not to waste my time with the newspapers,rcmp or even my local mp,but rather go right to the top.in other words contact the minister for business practices.
holy shit this is nuts!!!but hell ye!

1wildhorse

ok so lets sum this up.
basically the RCMP cannot investigate complaints of corporate fraud unless the amount exceeds a certain amount of money.
the RCMP cannot investigate individual issues of fraud with regard to policy or return or refund.
to my mind this has created a loophole so big you could drive a fukkin space shuttle through it.and obv ct are totally aware of this.
on the other hand the LAW is in our favour.so if we could actually get this loophole closed,then we would all be in a position to sue ct for the fraud they have committed against us.
you cannot even argue this in civil court,because they could quite legitimately say that fraud is a criminal matter,not a civil one.so thats small claims out the window.so we have open and rampant fraud committed on a daily basis and theres not one dam thing the cops can do about it in theory.ill hopefully get a chance to sit down with our local sergeant to discuss this and maybe we will be able to argue that because each individual store is owned separately,that there might be a way of charging the store with fraud.its a long shot,but im interested to see if we can turn anything up.i hope you guys are as fascinated by this as i am.

1wildhorse

a friend of mine just came up with a brilliant idea.instead of going to the minister responsible for business i.e. james moore,where better to attack the illegal policies of our so called favourite company than through the OPPOSITION....i have 4 names here.francoise boivin,glenn thibeault,and from the other party we have irwin cotler and geoff regan.let us see which takes corporate fraud to the detriment of tens of thousands of canadians seriously.woo hoo im loving this.prepare to be shot down in flames as noone actually gives a shit.but we will see.

1wildhorse

im starting to think that this site is run by canadian tire representatives who supply disinformation at every stage.hell even my facebook show was deleted after as many minutes.beware canadian tire.i have been looking into the statute,and FRAUD can be looked at in both criminal AND civil courts.you had better get your best lawyers on this because i have complete evidence against your illegal policy.i have also shared this information with both opposition parties to government,so even if you need to shoot me to try to cover your horrible practices up,too late.the truth is already out there.at this moment the RCMP are powerless to even investigate allegations against your horrible company,but the ministers are now aware of the loophole you have been enjoying at the direct expense of 1000s of innocent canadians.your time is nigh.retribution will be following.goodbye red triangle of crap.

Owner 1

Wow.
Aren't you just the little engine that could.

So you're well on your way to taking down the entire Corporation and all its franchise stores to the tunes of billions of dollars, all because you bought a generator that doesn't work? Keep us updated on how that's working for you.

I want to prepare to sell my store and all its assets in a timely manner based on when you pull the curtains on Canadian Tire.

Show's over buddy, nobody is with you.

CTH8R

I like the idea of a Class Action lawsuit, which is provided for specifically in the CPA.

I think there might be a problem with using this site to collect names, because the Terms Of Use say not to use actual names.

Maybe a Facebook page or other venue will work better? People do it all the time for various causes and movements.

I'm surprised that you didn't find a BC agency that will take this on. The Ontario Consumers Ministry will help individuals, if not group.

CTH8R

Also, I must say 1wildhorse, that I admire the enthusiasm and passion with which you are tackling these issues, for the benefit of your fellow Canadians who have fallen victim to The Red Triangle of Crap's devious policies.

1wildhorse

no mister owner.its not about a generator that didnt work.its about right and wrong.its about how your corporation is defrauding tens of thousands of canadians to the tune of i dont know how many tens of millions of dollars,and that the rcmp are powerless to even investigate.(but of course you would know this).instead of bashing this poor alone horsey,why not actually come up with reasons why i am full of shit.how can your policy not be fraudulent when it quite clearly goes against the SOGA,and CPA provides legislation preventing the diminishing of any terms of SOGA.why dont you answer that?you were very quiet for a while after saying where does it say i have to provide a refund,and you havent answered one jot of anything useful.

1wildhorse

it seems pretty clear to me that there are 2 kinds of people on this planet.firstly there are those(such as yourself) who believe that the person with the most toys wins the game and secondly those such as myself who think that the game is only won if everyone has the toys to share.
all i have to do mr owner is to remove one pebble from your shaky wall,and the rest will come tumbling down.think on that as you sip your martini.

1wildhorse

so in your tiny little mind you seem to think i really give one shit about the generator anymore.its not really surprising its how people like you think,and the world is a sadder place because of tiny little people like you who think they are soooo big.hmm one inch penis springs to mind.....so what gets me so mad is the ARROGANCE of people like you who think you are more untouchable than george bush over the illegal gulf war.like i say just one little pebble.....the trick is to find out how to get the avalanche started.

1wildhorse

so every time one of your supermodels takes your tiny little prick in their hand and sucks on it for you,know that deep down they are laughing at you.

Owner 1

Well that was a mature little rant of yours. lol brilliant, that ought to convince consumers that you're a worthy advocate
Please don't pretend that you know anything about me. For all you know I could be 50, bald and out of shape or I could be 35 and super athletic.
It's absolutely irrelevant to any and all of this.

He with the most toys does not win the game. He with the most toys does not lose the game. The way I view the world is fairly simple. He who enjoys what they have the most, no matter how much or how little they have is the winner. In a world where a buck is tough to come by, people are over medicated, taxes are high, regulations overshadow common sense and people are more inclined to send a text message then speak in person...we have enough challenges.... I'm just a dude in a city running a store. It's not for me to dictate what anyone should or should not be happy about.

anyways back to the main event.
Well you didn't answer the question where it says that any law, policy, provision, code etc.... that says a retailer must refund your money. In fact there are many documents that state clearly that refunds are not law, they are the option of the retailer at their discretion. That's exactly why we have the option of setting 7 day, 10 day, 30 day, 90 day policies. Sellers make the rules, and as long as they adhere to them, they are fine. IN the case of gas powered equipment, repair is your only option. That's the warranty when you buy it, as long as we honour that term, then we are well within our rights to deny refunds. You have clearly misinterpreted what it means to be able to cancel a contract. When you buy an item and it is unused, you are working within the return policy. In our case, normal is 90 days with a receipt in original packaging. ONce an item is used, if it does not function, you are now into warranty. Warranty is as determined by the retailer, and you're bound to it as the consumer. As long as I honour the warranty terms, then I'm clear.
I have all of the appreciation in the world for "doing what's right" but your version of what is right seems to be based on a theory that Canadian Tire does nothing right, nothing legal and everything wrong and illegal. I wish you all the luck in the world in launching into that world and trying to take down Canadian TIre as a whole...or even one store for that matter.

Thanks though for providing a glimpse into the mind of horse guy, with your little rant about George Bush. VERY telling.

Have a wonderful weekend

1wildhorse

hmm so i can troll too......
you are soooo wrong.i provided you with the exact portions of the sale of goods act where it clearly says this.consumer protection act also makes it clear that ANY attempt to diminish or negate SOGA WILL BE VOID.Consumer Protection Legislation | Legal Centre for Business & Technology | University of Calgary i)a)1.ii).
so no matter what your policy may read you CANNOT change the terms of SOGA,which clearly says you have every right to cancel your contract in the case of FAULTY goods.to underline this
Things to Know Before you Complain - www.consumerinformation.ca
and i quote
Refund and Exchange Policies

The only case where a consumer has the absolute right to a return is when there is a defect in the product. Most merchants have refund and exchange policies. Always ask about the refund or exchange policy before you buy.

it says you have the absolute right to a return.the fact that you then attempt to pass it off as a manufacturors warranty is VOID under the CPA.

Owner 1

hmm so i can troll too......
you are soooo wrong.i provided you with the exact portions of the sale of goods act where it clearly says this.consumer protection act also makes it clear that ANY attempt to diminish or negate SOGA WILL BE VOID.Consumer Protection Legislation | Legal Centre for Business & Technology | University of Calgary i)a)1.ii).
so no matter what your policy may read you CANNOT change the terms of SOGA,which clearly says you have every right to cancel your contract in the case of FAULTY goods.to underline this
Things to Know Before you Complain - www.consumerinformation.ca
and i quote
Refund and Exchange Policies

The only case where a consumer has the absolute right to a return is when there is a defect in the product. Most merchants have refund and exchange policies. Always ask about the refund or exchange policy before you buy.

it says you have the absolute right to a return.the fact that you then attempt to pass it off as a manufacturors warranty is VOID under the CPA.

Close, very close.
A defect in the product does not mean that it broke once and was sent for repair. It means a defect that can not be rectified through regular course of action and within a reasonable period of time..... such as an authorized repair depot. If a product is deemed completely useless as a result of its defect, you are absolutely entitled to a refund because it can not be used for its intended purposes. In such cases where a repair is offered under warranty terms and can be completed in a reasonable time, such as a generator, pressure washer, lawn mower, lawn tractor etc....

Man I give you credit. You've looked in all the right places, gone to all the right sources, right sections etc..... you're just interpreting the rules in a way that suits your predetermined outcome. You're convinced that CT is operating illegally, and everything you read gets twisted to follow that belief.

Before you spend all your time trying to prove otherwise, allow common sense to prevail. Do you really, really truly and honestly think a company such as ours with billions of dollars in sales, millions of customers, hundreds of millions in profits don't understand the laws we are bound by? 500 entrepreneurs. who knows how many lawyers, policy makers, vendors, executives haven't done our extreme due diligence to be 100% sure we are working in accordance with the rules?
Do you really think that after this many years, if we'd been doing wrong, someone would have noticed and done something? You've clearly got a fairly intelligent brain in your head, how have you allowed your personal vendetta against a company to sway what is so clear?

1wildhorse

The only case where a consumer has the absolute right to a return is when there is a defect in the product.
is that clear enough for you?we have a RIGHT to return.and yet your 'policy' doesnt allow this.i also looked at your disclaimer on your website,and its clear that at every attempt your company is diminishing if not negating the SOGA completely.
BUT YOU CANT DO THAT.ITS LEGALLY NOT ALLOWED.
so its an attempt do mislead/deceive customers.
FRAUD.

1wildhorse

oh and i wasnt trying to prove myself to be a worthy advocate of the consumer.i was just trolling you.apparently if anyone even believes your nonsense,noone even reads this site anyway.so my 'rant' was designed to get inside your head.and it seems i succeeded!is all harmless fun at the end of the day cos we are the only 2 even reading this shit apparently.(and theres my disclaimer)you lot are good at such things,even though they flout the law.

1wildhorse

ooh actually you said something very interesting.you said that there are many documents that state quite clearly that retailers have no obligation whatsoever to refund your money.show me ONE that actually relates to faulty goods(and no canadian tire owners handbook does not qualify)