1wildhorse

oh believe me the ct defense is multi level....funnily enough im drawn back to the argument that under the consumer protection act,that they cannot diminish or negate the terms of the sale of goods act with regards to implied warranties....and i believe a plea under the negligence act would be an attempt to do just that....as in to say that sorry your honour its not our responsibility,because of what this lot said/did/otherwise....therefore its their fault.but this is surely diminishing your rights to enjoy the product you bought free from deficiency and therefore is no defense whatsoever....thoughts gentlemen please.like i say i havent shown anything like my entire stack of cards,believe me i have many more to play.this is just the first level....

1wildhorse

ok ill be honest and serious here.basically ive been outlining the story to CT lawyer,and also saying that im running out of patience with them.should they choose to return to a court scenario,i will be adding the count of FRAUD against them.hell im a brave boy,but what can they take from me in all honesty?at the very least i should be able to prove that the genny was fucked from the start,and if i can add a count of fraud as well,then lets hope this will give rise to many many more cases against mr owner....remember,1 brick at a time.....you sir have been given fair warning.i have every intention of bringing this before a court of law,and may god have mercy upon your soul.(if you have one).

Owner 1

ok ill be honest and serious here.basically ive been outlining the story to CT lawyer,and also saying that im running out of patience with them.should they choose to return to a court scenario,i will be adding the count of FRAUD against them.hell im a brave boy,but what can they take from me in all honesty?at the very least i should be able to prove that the genny was fucked from the start,and if i can add a count of fraud as well,then lets hope this will give rise to many many more cases against mr owner....remember,1 brick at a time.....you sir have been given fair warning.i have every intention of bringing this before a court of law,and may god have mercy upon your soul.(if you have one).

Thanks for the Monday morning laugh.
Yes one brick at a time, watch the empire crumble at the hands of 1horseboy. Fair warning LOL for something i'm not even involved in. I am honestly beginning to wonder if this court case you keep speaking of even exists. I know what it costs everytime i consult a lawyer, for a $1000 generator, this seems pretty far fetched to me.

Anyways, good luck with your adventures in taking down Canadian Tire. Aren't you just the little engine that could.
Unfortunately for you, You're going to end up as the little engine that couldn't

1wildhorse

possibly.however now the matter is in the hands of ct lawyers,who have already approached me with an offer,to which i have declined,that i have outlined all of my reasonings to them.i am awaiting reply and obviously am well prepared to return to court.i am not specifiaclly trying to bring your company down,rather that your policies be amended to show our true rights as consumers,and have presented my offer reflecting such concerns.as to the outcome,it may be that canadian tire see fit to settle at this point,and if this is so then i will be legally constrained from explaining exactly how things come to pass on this forum.....you will have to draw your own conclusions if this is the case.however if i say that the matter is now settled,then watch the ct website for changes.....

1wildhorse

ok just so we are clear.this is ongoing.basically ct offered me.at this point i am under no legal restraints whatsoever so can happily say whats going on.ct offered me $3k.i responded by declining this offer.i also added clauses that they had to review their policies,and if they felt it was fraudulent,that thay would amend them,and would provide training to their staff.they responded by offering my $5k.again i declined.so i have had further communication with ct lawyer and that they wish to proceed to settlement conference.(i must admit i misunderstood what that meant,i thought that it was that they accepted shit and would pay,but this aint the case as a google search has told me).
anyway updates wherever possible....

CTH8R

I think we all need to do a better job of getting the word out to our fellow Canadians about this horrible policy. After all, Crappy Tire is the only place they are likely to run into it, and this will be happening more and more, as CT continues to procure the cheapest Chinese crap they can find.

Here's another guy who got screwed by this, and doesn't seem to know about the consumer protection legislation that is in place to protect him:

Ronnie C.: Sure hope it is better than the Yardworks rechargeable grass trimmer. Bought one June 28th - it worked for about 5 seconds - and come to find it the warranty is repair only! Give me a break

1wildhorse

well ive given their lawyer 2 options.a)proceed to trial or
b)settle out of court but i added in strict provisions if they wish to do this namely they review their policy,and if they decide no change is necessary then im insisting on retaining my right to challenge this.
ball is in their court.

1wildhorse

guys in all honesty i would be satisfied with a policy change which reflects our consumer rights under the law.obviously CT will fight tooth and nail to prevent this.if they choose to go all the way then it COULD bankrupt them.

CTH8R

For me, I'd like them to be honest and up-front about their actual policies, instead of hiding them from consumers, behind the "Easy Returns" sign.

Then, consumers could make an informed decision on where to shop - and that could bankrupt them long before the legalities can catch up with them. We've seen rumblings of this, with the growing number of people whose boycott pledges have been captured on this site - a mere fraction of the thousands that have not yet reached us, or the 10s of thousands who have pledged off-line only, and the 10's or even thousands of thousands who have silently pledged only to themselves.

As a friend of mine once said, there is a huge gap between what is legal, and what is moral. And an even wider gap between what is moral, and what is wise.

Last edited:

1wildhorse

i still believe it boils down to one thing.if we buy something and the fukkin thing doesnt work,surely we have the RIGHT to take it back and either get it exchanged or refunded.heaven help us if this isnt the case.with many many products these days being made at top quality as we know by our chinese neighbours,and when the 'occasional one' doesnt work when we take it out of the box,will the time come when we have no rights?its a scary prospect,and one which canadian tire have chosen to fight.well ive said it before and ill say it again.FUCK YOU.i have rights and your lawyers just exhausted their last opportunity.on your own heads be it.

CTH8R

Repair only TENT? Yikes!

Volker S.: Was hoping to spent the last few weekends of summer, even into fall camping in my broadstone tent i bought beginning of june, but well the rain fly roof part ripped and i had to shorten my time, now i have been told it is warrantied for repair , even so the website says otherwise, and who is going to pay for the one month i paid for the spot

1wildhorse

update the settlement conference is on 20th sept,and i will most certainly be trying to bring the subject of fraud up before the judge.heaven help us if we arent legally allowed to return stuff thats defective with all the quality chinese products out there.