CTH8R

actually this isnt true.he has always had a sanctimonious/magnanimous attitude to his customers,exidence of which is littered on the site....

I think magnanimous means generous.

Maybe you were thinking of Machiavellian? Avaricious? Pretentious?

Malodourous?

Owner 1

Just a couple of quick notes

I guess that the written in black and white policies that we can all read, me, you, every consumer, both in stores and online isn't proof enough for you? I think we will let Canadians be the judge, every day with where they choose to shop. So far, the proof is fairly clear.

Next, I find it rather interesting that you are pleased with Costco's method of returns which you explain as "you dont even need to produce your receipt, because all sales are logged onto their computer linked to your costco card." THIS from the same guy concerned about privacy and people recording data at the returns desk. So with Costco, you're being tracked AND paying for the privilege hahahaha bahhahahaha

Lastly, you know absolutely nothing about my attitude towards customers. You've never been in my store, my store, nor any store I've ever managed or owned has been the target of a customer on FaceBook or on here. My attitude towards the two or three of you regular posters does not have any bearing or reflection on my attitudes towards customers. You aren't my customer. You don't represent my customers. You're just a few guys on opposite ends of the Country with a computer and a beef. That's all you are to me. Based on the fact only three of you post in here, it's a safe bet that all you are to most of the people who view these threads is just that, whiners with a computer and a grudge. You really think this site is popular? LOL I belong to several personal hobby forums for everything from wood working to automobile restorations and there are 10-20 people on each forum that contribute DAILY and have for years. Those are popular forums.

CT Challenger

What a mindless pile of horse-droppings.

An not even a coherent refutation, after being caught in so many Ford-esque misrepresentations of these policies - hardly worth reading, really.

CT Challenger

Lots of the Ctme/Lawguy/moaner crap-ola is just repetition of the same old BS designed to trick consumers.

But this so-called "DOA" policy is actually a new fabrication, emerging from the strange imagination of Ctme/Lawguy/moaner.

Lets be clear: there is no such policy, at least not at CT.

I suppose there could be some sympathetic owners out there, who might take pity on an unsuspecting victim (sorry - "customer")' and give an exchange, maybe even a refund, in order to appease the buying of a dead-in-the box product.

(And I'm sure Ctme/Lawguy/moaner would like us to think they are like that - Huh!)

But the policies enforced by CTC don't require any such mercy. It's "Repair Only"? Off to the repair depot, with a hollow "Sorry - you should have read your receipt".

We hear about it almost every day.

So,sad, when consumers haven't yet heard of the devious ROW, on so many products, from outdoor power equipment (gas AND electric), to household appliances.

Help spread the word!!!

CT Challenger

I was referring to this claim:

On some gas powered there is a DOA policy, if it's new and doesn't work we will refund or get the customer a new one from 7-30 days depending on the item.

No products have ever been identified.

If a product is a straight Repair Only, there is no guaranteed refund period.

If Ctme/Lawguy/moaner knows of any, they can post a link to it here.

Now, here's a typical example of ROW:

Yardworks Electric Chainsaw, 12 A, 16-in | Canadian Tire

"2 year repair only warranty redeemable at any Canadian Tire store"

And that saw is only electric!

I guess Ctme/Lawguy/moaner were hoping people would be tricked into thinking that products like this are refundable.

Best not to trust the CTers!

1wildhorse

and i cant believe he actually asked me if id tried that heap of junk electric chainsaw...a)i have a proper one and b)why would i take that considerable risk that it wouldnt work properly-after running a husky for years theres a good chance it wouldnt get me excited-and not be able to return it....you see mr owner this is why i dont shop at your stores anymore.a good word for customers who choose to shop at canadian tire would be masochists,and this would most definitely apply to repeat offenders who didnt learn their lesson the first time.you seem to think i have a real beef with your store?not so.its the POLICIES that are abhorrent(another good word),and unless those policies are changed then i wont even consider shopping at your crappy establishment anymore.and it begs the question of how many more canadians feel the same.im sure theres more than just us 3 regular posters.
and i actually enjoy posting here.

CTH8R

I’m wondering …

When a consumer gets this wire brush home, if all the wires fall out ….

Long Handle Steel Wire Brush | Canadian Tire

Where does CT send them, to get it repaired?

Because CT's your own web site says “This product carries a 1 year repair only warranty redeemable at any Canadian Tire store.”

Where, exactly, are all these local Wire Brush Repair Shops?

And, when it gets there, will it be right next to all other wire brushes, purchased from Home Depot, and Walmart, that are also Repair Only ??

Because, The CTer (CT Me / Lawguy / Owner 1) said all the retailers have “the same damn policy” for Repair Only , right?

I'm sure the CTer will have a fascinating Rob Ford type of explanation ... Looking forward to it!

Last edited:

CTH8R

My, my, my!

It DOES seem to be an awful lot of trouble, for a $4.09 brush, LOL!

But, I am very aware of just how rampant Fraud is, and how very alert the CTers have to be.

I mean, what if someone went ‘dumpster diving’, dug up an old discarded brush from off the bottom, cleaned it up, and then tried to cheat ol’ Crappy outta 4 bucks!

It's really the customer's own fault, for being mistaken about defective items, like this brush, for instance. Studies have shown that it's usually improper maintenance or use that causes all the wires to fall out ... while it's still in the box!

That comes straight off their bottom line! In a fiercely competitive market like this, the CT'er has to watch every dime, or else their business will be stolen out from under them!

Call the cops! After all, the CTer's conviction rate is 100%!

LMAO!

1wildhorse

o was watching big bang earlier and they said the word i was thinking about......SANCTIMONIOUS.....reckon thats the one!

ye the wire brush thing is funny...repair only warranty is just hilarious....cmon mr owner what do u lot think about that particular policy?

CTH8R

Here's a little shopping tip, now that Christmas is getting closer.

A savy consumer will look beyond price, or simply a nice “shopping experience” in the store.

Take, for example, a nice Christmas present like the TomTom XXL 550 GPS, with a 5” screen.

You could get one at Crappy Tire – some do, apparently.

But what if the box is opened on Christmas morning, and the product is DOA? Or maybe it dies within a couple of days.

What are the policies for refund or even just exchanges?

Well, let's just check out the Crappy Web Site:

TomTom XXL 550 Automotive GPS | Canadian Tire

“1 year repair only warranty redeemable at any Canadian Tire store”.

Too bad, so sad, Santa screwed you over, and now you have to wait for it to be shipped off for repairs.

But what if you’d instead bought at Walmart?

Let’s have a look at their policy:

TomTom XXL 550 5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator, Anti Glare GPS, TomTom Touch Screen GPS, Auto GPS Navigation System

Hmm … nothin’ on there about a “Repair Only”. (Gee, didn’t some CTer claim “they all have the same damn policy?).

Well, let’s see what the overall policy is for such an item at Walmart:

Walmart.ca Help Centre: General Return Policy

Here’s what it says:

If I buy something from Walmart, can I return it?

Yes, (with just a few exceptions). We know that sometimes you buy something that doesn’t work out the way you had hoped, and for that reason we did our best to make a return policy that is helpful for you.

Almost anything you buy from Walmart Canada stores may be returned within 90 days from when you bought the item …. There are a few exceptions you should know about, which are listed below:

Within 14 days

Computers, tablets, laptops, monitors, printers, camcorders, digital cameras, portable video players, GPS units, wireless prepaid phones

And, check this OUT!

If I am an eligible for a return, do I get cash back or a store credit?

If you’re returning an in-store purchase with the receipt, you will be refunded using the same method of payment that you used to make the purchase. However, if you don’t have your receipt, we will give you store credit.​

Now, maybe I’m ‘not like other consumers’, because I think ahead. (Or, maybe I’m just better-informed?).

I suppose some people are just price-driven, and don’t care about any old Return Policy.

So have a look at this:

CT price: $179.99.
Walmart price: $125.18

Niiiice! Better support, AND lower prices!

Refund!
Refund!
Refund!
Refund!

(You get the idea.)

Last edited:

Owner 1

Great comparison

Walmart - Out of stock
Great I can offer deep discounts on products that aren't available. Heck they could post it for 29 bucks but you still can't have it.

Also worth noting that it's discontinued. Most stores that have it in stock at CT are selling it for $119 or less

nice try, go again.

CTH8R

I heard CT shut down their e-store because they couldn't get their shipping sorted out. LMAO!

And this joker makes fun of a successful e-business? Hilarious!

CTH8R

Oh, but we are still waiting to hear some details about this alleged "DOA policy"!

And the warranties offered by every automotive battery retailer in all of Canada.

And this "new way" for customers to get a refund.

The pile is gettin' pretty high, of these unsubstantiated claims!

And I did notice a key word at the Walmart site, for defective items (see http://www.walmart.ca/en/help/returns/return-policy).

"If I am an eligible for a return, do I get cash back or a store credit? If you’re returning an in-store purchase with the receipt, you will be refunded ..."

Refund!
Refund!
Refund!
Refund!
Refund!
Refund!
Refund!

I LOVE that word!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Great comparison

Agreed! I LOVE showing how much CT sucks, compared to all the other stores!

Great I can offer deep discounts on products that aren't available. Heck they could post it for 29 bucks but you still can't have it.

Yeah, a common practise at CT - like these consumers noticed: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...cks-sales-not-enough-stock-bait-switch-6.html

Here's a Bonus quote from your own Facebook page, just last night:

Linda C.: ... I could list other complaints.. hate it when you go to pickup something on sale and they are out of stock..on the first day of the sale!! I still say shame on them!

Also worth noting that it's discontinued. Most stores that have it in stock at CT are selling it for $119 or less

Interesting claims. Any proof? The evidence says you are selling it for $179.99. Just sayin'

I can add this to the list of evidence you will be providing!

Refund!
Refund!
Refund!
Refund!

Last edited: