Guest-0057

Posted by an unregistered user
I made the mistake of taking my car to a CT auto-centre once also (Burlington, Guelph Line). All I needed done was the right front sway-bar linkage replaced. I had checked online and confirmed the part that had broken loose before taking it in and I told them what was to be done. They put it up on the lift and looked at it for an hour - then came back to confirm it was the front right linkage and gave me a bill for close to $50 - they did NO WORK and did not have the part to fix it at that time. They called me a few days later to say they had the part in and would be able to replace the linkage and then gave me a completed cost for parts and labour. I went in later that day and had the work done and paid the bill in full. Two weeks later they called me up and said they mis-priced the linkage and that I owed them another $100. I told them (as per Consumer rights) that - I was quoted a price - I was billed that price - and I paid that price the same day - I owe nothing further - this was their mistake not mine. They sent me a letter threatening me with trespassing if I should ever grace their store again. How many other companies would try that stunt? Most realise that if they make a pricing error - that's too bad - they are required by law to give the lower price.

I spoke with CT h/o and they said this was not their doing - it was between me and the specified store as they are independently owned. Good way to wash their hands of the issue.

Guest-0062

you make yourself sound all-to innocent, when in reality nobody would be as polite as you claim to have been when dealing with poor customer service. From my personal experience, when people become upset they usually become quite rude and volatile. The letter you received warning you of a trespassing charge was most likely because you verbally harassed, threatened, or treated an employee unfairly while dealing with them in the store or on the phone.

Guest-0061

Yes, you're right. Canadian Tire staff do become rude and volatile when you don't roll over for them.

Guest-0464

I made the mistake of taking my car to a CT auto-centre once also (Burlington, Guelph Line). All I needed done was the right front sway-bar linkage replaced. I had checked online and confirmed the part that had broken loose before taking it in and I told them what was to be done. They put it up on the lift and looked at it for an hour - then came back to confirm it was the front right linkage and gave me a bill for close to $50 - they did NO WORK and did not have the part to fix it at that time. They called me a few days later to say they had the part in and would be able to replace the linkage and then gave me a completed cost for parts and labour. I went in later that day and had the work done and paid the bill in full. Two weeks later they called me up and said they mis-priced the linkage and that I owed them another $100. I told them (as per Consumer rights) that - I was quoted a price - I was billed that price - and I paid that price the same day - I owe nothing further - this was their mistake not mine. They sent me a letter threatening me with trespassing if I should ever grace their store again. How many other companies would try that stunt? Most realise that if they make a pricing error - that's too bad - they are required by law to give the lower price.

I spoke with CT h/o and they said this was not their doing - it was between me and the specified store as they are independently owned. Good way to wash their hands of the issue.

Canadian Tire store 122 G.W. Line Limited.

This doesn't surprise me at all. The Line family comes across as friendly, respectable business owners but they are anything but. Bill Line, the owner years ago was caught having relationships with employees. Terry Line, one of the sons works there and thinks he's an owner. He's the daddy's boy of the family. He does nothing there, has a desk in the back parts room, goes on vacation for months at a time and is the perfect example of nepotism.

He is the one that issues these "trespassing" letters. He has other brothers who have other Canadian Tire franchises but he just works with mommy and daddy because his folks own an "A" store. Someone should probably tell him that he can't take the business over when his father retires.

Another thing to watch out for is the automotive shop there. Some other their mechanics charge double the labour on jobs than what is in the labour book estimated time. Management is something else too. Their shop manager was a former service writer, was fired for sexual harassment and then was hired back on as service manager. A moron by the name of Steve Harrison. Bill Line must have understood his situation I guess.

Really great business they have going there. Just adds to the crappy tire name.