C

CT Challenger

I see there is some unfinished business from the weekend.

Most of CT Lies regarding items with No Warranty were pointed out in this post, yesterday:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...rranty-no-refund-no-exchange-43.html#post3851"

However, I just spotted one more from Saturday, here: "https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/personal-stories/32-return-policy-9.html#post3838"

Sat, May 8, 7:59 PM:

“What item offer zero warranty? The only thing I can think of is a live plant...every thing else has a warranty.
There has never been a time where a customer has been stuck with a defective item with no resolution...that's what the CPA protects.
I just wish you could get your facts straight. “

There are at least 4 lies in that one short post (which itself deserves a special mention):

1 - There are many items that "offer zero warranty". Google can find pages of them.
2 - For "no warranty" products, the store policy is that a customer would be stuck with a defective item with no resolution.
3 - The CPA doesn't just ensure just any 'resolution' the store picks - it ensures at least an exchange, and a refund if the customer wants one.
4 - The poster had theiir "facts straight" the whole time.

C

CT Challenger

The CT reps were relatively well-behaved yesterday. Perhaps ‘the mother’s day effect’ is still working its magic.

This lie is one of the worst we've seen in a while:

“you found a single product out of 18000 sku's that fits your case and it's a terrible disaster for ct”

It wasn’t just a “single product”, as everyone should know by now. It was page after page of products.

Plus, it’s only a disaster for the customers, who weren't told that these products are all sold "as-is", like a 'clearance' item, even though they are regular merchandise.

The customers wouldn't have known that these items come with no warranty, no refund, no exchange and not even a repair policy.

But for CT? I would guess that its been a huge success for them. They have yet another excuse to not stand behind these products at all.

Finally, there was also this lie:

“we're getting so big that you just can't avoid giving us more money”

Maybe this was meant as a joke, but it certainly isn’t true. There’s just nothing there we can’t get from another retailer, and ALL the others will stand behind what they sell.

C

CT Challenger

The CT Rep(s) didn't post much yesterday, but he/she/they still managed to pack in their full quota of lies for the day.

Most of the lies of the day were contained in the bogus "eat crow" post:

9:44 AM:

It basically boiled down to Lie #3 – “All other retailers have the 'same damn' policy”.

The lies were dsisected in the more-appropriate “Repair Only” thread, here:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/general-canadian-tire-complaints-chat/748-repair-only-warranty-no-refund-no-exchange.html"

The 9:44 post also contained this statement:

“we should represent ourselves equally as humble when we are wrong.”

The CT rep in question was far from ‘humble’, having written “LOL”, a sarcastic “hahaha that's fantastic” and a smug “let me know how that works for ya”. Far from humble.

And the statements the poster seems to be recanting have actually been re-confirmed as correct.

Perhaps he/whe/"we" should humbly repent of posting lies on this site?

12:05 PM:

“someone else involved Home Depot and you call them a liar”

“So the rule is, if you disagree, you're clearly wrong and a liar”

These CT Reps seem so deeply immersed in their culture of lies, that they don’t even know what counts as a lie anymore. Hint: it involves making untruthful statements.

Methinks they have may never remember how to tell the truth again. Too much time behind the Returns Desk, perhaps.

CT Me / Lawguy

Posted by an unregistered user
Funny, i was thinking to myself that you losers have been overly quiet in the last week also. All of your posts boil down to, "you're a liar, we proved you wrong, you're a liar"
Perhaps i'll play the same game today.

The top 20 retailers report has never been provided. That makes you a LIAR.
The wealth of the Billes family has suddenly disappeared from your arguments. Your claims unproven... you're a LIAR
Home Depot regarding Club Cadet & John Deere - oops you missed that too. liar

and of course lets not forget that you continue to be wrong about the Consumer Protection Act and aside from a posting with some small clips from an entire document, you've failed to prove your claims about the CPA. Loser

I wonder if you've lost your steam hater losers?!
Did the 3/4 of a billion dollar acquisition deflate your sails? Concerned that perhaps your hated Canadian Tire is actually better then you choose to believe? Strong, bigger and better then you're willing to acknowledge.

Looking forward to that Top 20 Report.

Guest-0477

these ct reps (assuming there's more than one) just post the first thing that pops into their heads

they dont even care if its wrong or stupid

basically everything that last poster typed out was factually incorrect - why even bother?

at least they are posting to the ct liars thread - makes it easier for everyone to disregard

then they complain that nobody believes them LOL

CT Me / Lawguy

these ct reps (assuming there's more than one) just post the first thing that pops into their heads

they dont even care if its wrong or stupid

basically everything that last poster typed out was factually incorrect - why even bother?

at least they are posting to the ct liars thread - makes it easier for everyone to disregard

then they complain that nobody believes them LOL

I'm going to keep playing the same game you are.

Most of what you posted contains no facts, so it is also incorrect. It's just your opinion. It's that way because I say so. I think you're a loudmouth idiot with no credibility, and no ability to actually understand what you're posting about.

disregard all you want and while you're at it, continue shopping at Walmart, Home Depot etc..... you're too much of a whiner and a complainer. You're a perpetually unhappy consumer, and quite frankly, probably a perpetually unhappy person.

Guest-0477

CT Reps who post here are very strange creatures.

A "hater" made a statment without providing evidence? The Reps think that counts as "a lie".

A "hater" provided abundant evidence? The Reps think its obviously "incorrect" or "just the hater's opinion".

A"hater" points out a lie by a CT Rep? The Reps think the "hater" is just a "loudmouth". Oh, and "incorrect", obviously.

Any lie told by a CT Rep is the truth. And any truth told by a "hater" is a lie.

Evidence? Proof? Logic? None of that matters.

Yes: very, very strange, indeed.

CT Me / Lawguy

A "hater" made a statment without providing evidence? The Reps think that counts as "a lie".

A "hater" provided abundant evidence? The Reps think its obviously "incorrect" or "just the hater's opinion".

A"hater" points out a lie by a CT Rep? The Reps think the "hater" is just a "loudmouth". Oh, and "incorrect", obviously.

Any lie told by a CT Rep is the truth. And any truth told by a "hater" is a lie.

Exactly the point. See how hard it is to have an objective conversation with you losers, when all you do is say no you're a liar.

so i've intentionally for 3 or 4 posts used your tactics...you're a liar we already proved it. You have no facts, you haven't backed up your claims. We can go back and forth like this all day long

Guest-0477

Exactly the point. See how hard it is to have an objective conversation with you losers, when all you do is say no you're a liar.

so i've intentionally for 3 or 4 posts used your tactics...you're a liar we already proved it. You have no facts, you haven't backed up your claims. We can go back and forth like this all day long

{Good God, we've been debating with an 6-year-old. No wonder basic definitions are a struggle!}

Does Mommy know you've been using your computer?

Go and tell her right now, you bad little boy!

CT Challenger

{Good God, we've been debating with an 6-year-old. No wonder basic definitions are a struggle!}

Does Mommy know you've been using your computer?

Go and tell her right now, you bad little boy!

you are wrong

8 years old minimum

try 'i know you are but what am i'

maybe that'll work!

Angry CT Guy

What? You didn't like my Home Depot link, or the hockey stick manufacturers warranties?.....you see, you are going to get called every time for your lack of credibility. You ignore posts that clearly prove you wrong and call every thing a lie regardless. That's why faker advocates are so easy to discredit.

CT Challenger

What? You didn't like my Home Depot link, or the hockey stick manufacturers warranties?.....you see, you are going to get called every time for your lack of credibility. You ignore posts that clearly prove you wrong and call every thing a lie regardless. That's why faker advocates are so easy to discredit.

your mommys calling - its past your bedtime

be a good boy and let the grownups talk

C

CT Defender

I believe it's time to add a new lie to the list, since it's rearing its ugly head again:

#15 - The products CT sells are not actually defective - customers don't know the product, or want “a free rental”.

There are cases where the customer mistakely thinks a product is defective, or purchased a product with the intent of returning it after limited use. In these cases, the product is not defective, and the rules around defects do not apply.

However, these cases are no excuse to refuse a remedy for a product that is genuinely defective.

C

CT Challenger

Sorry - nearly missed one:

#16 – People who want to return products are trying to defraud the store.

Defective products are unavoidable, and prior instances of fraud cannot be used as an excuse to deny an innocent customer a legally required refund or exchange.

Angry CT Guy

Sorry - nearly missed one:

#16 – People who want to return products are trying to defraud the store.

Defective products are unavoidable, and prior instances of fraud cannot be used as an excuse to deny an innocent customer a legally required refund or exchange.

Just today, I had a customer rip the head off the girl at the returns desk for an apparently defective garage door opener. They called me over, the item had a replacement warranty for defects, so I thought easy fix. They had already installed the hardware, so only needed a new motor. Luckily, the customer wanted us to test out the replacement first....we went through the instructions together and the replacement motor was doing exactly the same as the first one he bought. Turns out that the instructions were not followed and a safety mechanism wouldn't allow the programming to be completed. This unit wasn't defective at all and the customer apologized profusely to the young girl he ripped the head off.
We see this almost every day, and you wonder why the return policies are what they are.
Do you think products get to shelf without testing?
Do defects happen?.....yes....are they as plentiful as you would have readers here believe....NO!
Sorry...but "the world owes me" mentality doesn't fly any more.

C

CT Challenger

I seem to be falling behind ... the CT Rep's can post lies faster than consumers can even document them!

#17 – There isn’t anything wrong with CT’s return policies; some people just don’t like them.

Besides the fact that all other stores have better return policies than CT, there are several other problems:

- They are contrary to the consumer protection laws in most provinces.
- They are not posted on the CT web site, in the store aisles, or at the Customer Service desk.
- They are only made known to the customer on the receipt, which is printed after the sale is finalized.
- They are far worse than the policies at any other major Canadian retailer.

Angry CT Guy

I seem to be falling behind ... the CT Rep's can post lies faster than consumers can even document them!

#17 – There isn’t anything wrong with CT’s return policies; some people just don’t like them.

Besides the fact that all other stores have better return policies than CT, there are several other problems:

- They are not posted on the CT web site, in the store aisles, or at the Customer Service desk.
- They are only made known to the customer on the receipt, which is printed after the sale is finalized.

Really? Not posted on the customer service wall? Not posted on the web site? Not on the back of every receipt or on the front? You can change your mind for 30 to 90 days if unopened, so why not turn around and return it....I can't read the receipt (contract) you just agreed to for you!
They are not contrary to CPA rules....any proof? One example that says CTC's return policy is contrary to CPA rules would help your faker cause ( hint: it doesn't exist).
Didn't like that Home Depot link? Do you need more from sucks.com sites or are you competent enough to find them on your own?

C

CT Challenger

Minor clarification:

#17 – There isn’t anything wrong with CT’s return policies for defective items; some people just don’t like them.

Beside the fact that all other stores have better return policies than CT, there are several other problems:

- They are not posted on the CT web site, in the store aisles, on the products, or at the Customer Service desk.

Sorry for any confusion.

CT Challenger

This unit wasn't defective at all and the customer apologized profusely to the young girl he ripped the head off.
We see this almost every day, and you wonder why the return policies are what they are.
Sorry...but "the world owes me" mentality doesn't fly any more.

Sounds a lot like Lie #15 - The products CT sells are not actually defective - customers don't know the product, or want “a free rental”.

However, these cases are no excuse to refuse a remedy for a product that is genuinely defective.

It isn't just a mentality. It's the law.

Angry CT Guy

Sounds a lot like Lie #15 - The products CT sells are not actually defective - customers don't know the product, or want “a free rental”.

It isn't just a mentality. It's the law.

I guess you can't read....it wasn't defective...but was claimed as such. Maybe it's just best that we send it to a professional, before we scrap a perfectly good item and throw it in a landfill.