CT Challenger

Interesting question about all those other retailers who have better return policies that Crappy Tire. Seems they all are better.

You might want to check out this thread for a comparison of the policies, using the web sites, 1-800 customer service numbers, and visits to the stores:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...pair-only-warranty-no-refund-no-exchange.html

Oh, and that first link? It's about manufacturer's recalls. Pretty sure Crappy Tire isn't a 'manufacturer', so I guess CT will be the ones following the laws for retailers. You know, the Consumer Protection Act, and the Sale of Goods Act. Here's some info for you to catch up on the retailer's responsibilities:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/general-canadian-tire-complaints-chat/707-sale-goods-act-8.html

Oh, and that Home Depot link? That's for 'on-line' purchases. It helps if you pay attention to the context, you know.

Better to check out that "Repair Only" thread for the right links, LOL.

And a link to a 4-year-old complaint about 'Wal-Mart'? Well, you CT people have been counting customer compalints as a sign of 'success' - did you remember to send them a 'congratulations' card, for having done also as good a job as CT??

Can you pass on the links to walmart's, home Depot's and costco's no questions asked return policy for 30 days...I just can't seem to find them.

I did find these links that contradict what you say though

Pressure washer attachment sold at Home Depot recalled | Reuters
Why the replacement? No mention of a refund?

Merchandise must be returned within 90 days of purchase in unused, like-new condition.
Items purchased on homedepot.ca cannot be returned to our stores.
A copy of the customer receipt and original packing slip must accompany all returns.
A refund will be issued only to the original credit card.

From here:Return Policy | Home Depot Canada

Kind of blows the theory that they take back unwanted and change of mind returns within 30 days

Wal-Mart, where my satisfaction is NOT Guaranteed

The consumer was probably just lying.

Now for Costco.....they have the best return policy of any retailer that I know of. I agree that you can return just about anything at any time within a reasonable period of time. That's excellent, it's also what you get when you PAY an annual membership fee and can't use a credit card (generally charge a business about 2% per transaction)

But, hey, I heard buying a bicycle from CT can be bad for your health - at least, if you buy it in Fort Erie, that is.

Angry CT Guy

Posted by an unregistered user
It's been a couple more months now....plenty of time for you to find even ONE example that states CT or ANY other retailer has a policy that contravenes the CPA or Sale of Goods Act. How's that going?....LMAO
Your calls to Lawyers, Ellen Roseman, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Better Business Bureau, W5, Globe and Mail.....they ALL going unanswered? Not even ONE!
Tsk, Tsk faker....you still lose each and every day with your lies.

CT Challenger

i heard it was the sale of goods act that says retailers have to give refunds for defective items

ellen wrote that in a couple of her articles

pretty sure the link to it is on here somewhere - you shouldnt have trouble finding your answers there

so that means the repair only policy contravenes the soga

theres your example right there

your welcome!

Angry CT Guy

i heard it was the sale of goods act that says retailers have to give refunds for defective items

ellen wrote that in a couple of her articles

pretty sure the link to it is on here somewhere - you shouldnt have trouble finding your answers there

so that means the repair only policy contravenes the soga

theres your example right there

your welcome!

Really? She says that CT's or ANY other retailer has an illegal policy? BZZZT! Caught you lying again...lol. Not even ONE example of any credible source naming any retailer having an illegal return policy. How can that be? Why in so many years since the last CPA changes wouldn't that have come up? I know....it's because you are lying....it's not a fact, it's your irrelevant opinion. What a loser.

Guest-0477

Really? She says that CT's or ANY other retailer has an illegal policy? BZZZT! Caught you lying again...lol.

Um, you need to go back and read the text you quoted.

No lie was told.

Except by you, of course, when you wrote, "Caught you lying".

And "lying again"? There would have to be a prior lie. But there isn't.

It's best to stick to the truth - you are only making CT people look even more like jerks.

Nice job, though! LOL!

CT Me / Lawguy

Um, you need to go back and read the text you quoted.

No lie was told.

Except by you, of course, when you wrote, "Caught you lying".

And "lying again"? There would have to be a prior lie. But there isn't.

It's best to stick to the truth - you are only making CT people look even more like jerks.

Nice job, though! LOL!

Actually one of your own faker loser consumer advocates on here did some research this weekend in regards to Home Depot .... and only mentioned that they have an apparent 30 day satisfaction guaranteed policy on riding tractors. After the 30 days....guess what.......REPAIR!!!! Is your beloved HOme Depot operating illegally too?

CT Challenger

Have you got some kind of neurological disorder, that prevents you from telling the truth?

Just wondering if there's a medical explanation ...

CT Me / Lawguy

So then your claim is that a lawn tractor does NOT go for repair if purchased at any other retailer?

Is that correct?

CT Me / Lawguy

You should check out the links already provided.

Not that it matters - you'll just pretend people wrote something else anyway, LOL!

How about you just answer the question

Is it your claim that a lawn tractor purchased at Home Depot does NOT go for repair under warranty?
Yes?
No?

Angry CT Guy

Home Depot doesn't take back used goods-it's right in their return policy. It goes for repair immediately upon purchase, not after 30 days.

CT Challenger

Home Depot doesn't take back used goods-it's right in their return policy. It goes for repair immediately upon purchase, not after 30 days.

The CT Liar is full of crap, as usual.

Any references to back up their claim? Of course not. All we've seen from the CT liars is a link to the policy for on-line purchases, LOL.

Indeed, this has already been reports on, in this thread: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...pair-only-warranty-no-refund-no-exchange.html

All the other major retailers will take back outdoor power equipment, even if it's used, for at least 30 days

In fact, I was at a Home Depot yesterday, and there was a sign at the Returns Desk saying they take back "gasoline powered equipment" for 30 days.

Same deal at Walmart and Costco (naturally).

Congratulations, CT, for being the only major retailer that sucks so much on returns!

You must be so proud!

But, hey, don't the CT people LIKE it that the other stores have these polices?

Haven't they posted many times how much they "love" that other stores operated like this? Because all the scammers will go to Home Depot, Costco and Walmart?

So, instead of lying to consumers, and saying OTHER stores WON'T take back 'used' products, shouldn't the CT people be letting the world know that this is the case? Shouting it from the roof-tops? Bragging some more on this site?

But instead, they are now changing their story, and denying the facts that they used to be so happy about. Huh!

The people who represent CT here are very strange.

Maybe they really just can't stop lying, even if the truth will HELP them ...

Angry CT Guy

How about you just answer the question

Is it your claim that a lawn tractor purchased at Home Depot does NOT go for repair under warranty?
Yes?
No?

Faker advocate doesn't like to answer questions.

That might put him at risk of exposing his opinions as untruths and speculation.

Faker advocate posts as other fakers, so perhaps one of them will answer your question....of course, it depends on whether the meds are taken or not.
Don't forget to donate....they take pay pal in U.S. Dollars (link at the top of this post)....great bang for the buck with the dollar at a 3 1/2 year high.
Cheers!

CT Challenger

Lots of useful information has already been posted.

You don't seem very appreciative, though.

Maybe you'll have to just do your own research - this isn't a Q&A forum for CT Liars. Just sayin'.

CT Challenger

The return policy on a gas powered item is no returns .... The same rules apply at ... John Deere

What is it with the Crappy People and John Deere? Crappy Tire doesn't even have any of their products on their web site!

And where is this John Deere retail store, where I can go and see their manufacturer's Return Policy for myself? I'm sure the Crappy People will get back to us with that, real soon, LOL!

Oh, but I did some checking on the return policies of the John Deere dealers.

Guess what?

They have a 30-day at-home trial, called the "John Deere Promise":

"If you are not happy, bring it back within 30 days of purchase (*10 days for Trimmers, Blowers & Saws) and we'll give you a full refund or exchange."

(Oh, and about that "or"? In every case where there are options like this, it's been at the customer's discretion, not the retailers. Maybe someone can confirm?)

So, does the equipment have to be returned in a sead/unopened package? No, just like all major retailers.

Does it have to be unused? No, just like all major retailers.

Are you stuck with it, if it's defective? No, just like all the major retailers.

Yes, it's far better for the consumer if they buy from a J.D. dealer, than from Crappy Tire.

Hey, I guess John Deere dealers are the "use it for freee for the weekend" dealers - I'm sure the Crappy People will be eager to spread that 'good news' to consumers.

Actually, it would be better for a consumer to buy 'portable power equipment' from a retailer who would give you more than 10 days. Someone like Costco, Home Depot or even Walmart, who will give you at least 30 days.

But even the J.D. Dealers would be better than the Crappy policies at Crappy Tire.

CT Me / Lawguy

So what happens after 30 (or 10) days?

What if this John Deere unit breaks down? Does it go for............repair?
or at the customers discretion, does it just simply get replaced or refunded every time it breaks?

Two years old? no problem, just bring it in to John Deere and demand a new one. Remember, it's consumers choice

LOL

Oh wait no it isn't. Sorry, John Deere powere equipment comes with a repair warranty. yes that's right, drop it off at your trusty John Deere Stealership and wait until it's repaired. Inconvenience? Yup. Same as everywhere else? Yup

Guest-0477

Interesting.

So, you are saying that, for defective products, CT sucks more than every other retailer.

But they only suck more than every other retailer for 30 days (or 10 or whatever)?

But that CT sucks more than Costco for at least 90 days, and maybe for a full year?

Well, as long as we all agree that CT sucks, that's the important thing. Thanks!

CT Challenger

Here's another message from a Crappy Person saying how a store can lose money on a return:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...nt-honor-their-return-policy-10.html#post4240

"All proper steps have to followed to get credits"

So, if a store doesn't follow the right steps, they won't get credit, so they'll lose money.

That's just one example.

There's also the time and effort of the employees to work the desk, complete the paperwork, handle the returned item, etc.

I'm sure some of their reluctance to processing a legitimate return is just laziness and spite, as our new friend "CT Customer Service Clerk" wrote.

But all these fights, are just to get a lousy exchange - a refund isn't even allowed by the return policy for most products!

Guest-0527

I work for Canadian tire, and I admit, the repair only warranties are rediculous. But people are ignoring the facts. There are people here who are simply trying to explain the warranties because they are misunderstood.

Saying the customer service reps have stupid policies is getting old.. The people working customer service don't make up these polices, the manager don't even have any control over them. Actually I know most people at customer service AGREE with the customers and hate all the repair warranties.

I don't agree with the fact that different items have so many return polcies.. 7 days, 14 days, 30 days, 90 days + the fact that it depends on the store, oh and some items have to be returned to the store you bought it from. I understand WHY they have those polices though, and I think thats what employees are trying to show people here.

It's mostly selfishness on the corporations part, they just don't want to lose money.