Guest-0539

Posted by an unregistered user
Yes lets talk numbers....
"Canadian Tire's flagship retail chain sales grew 5.1% this quarter of 2011"

What is there to dispute? sales grew! So either that's more customers through the door or more dollars per customer......OR BOTH! That is factual, verifiable data proving that customers are spending MORe money at Canadian Tire in 2011. MORE, not less.

" The increase was due to higher revenues at its gas stations " This is a statement of an article posted on August 11, 2011 in the website busiiness.financialpost.com.

Most important, the EPS drop 14%, with sales grew 5.1 %.

Financial Post was not try to dispute with you, they just post the facts.

CT Challenger

I wonder how much of the 5% increase in sales was for defective products? If Crappy Tire refused to provide refunds or even just an exchange, that would have helped their profits.

Guest-0539

Flagship Canadian Tire chain’s retail sales grew 5.1 per cent to $3.01-billion, showing strong consumer confidence despite worries of market chill. The company’s retail at gas bar grew 22.8 per cent, thanks to climbing gasoline prices and new gas stations built along major Ontario highways. Its financial services revenue dropped 2.9 per cent.

Canadian Tire earnings fall in quarter - The Globe and Mail
Thanks for your link, otherwise CT genius would say I lie.

CT Me / Lawguy

Thanks for your link, otherwise CT genius would say I lie.

LOL I am the ct genius

Look at what the report says
flagship retail sales up 5%
gas bar up 22.8%

oops, sorry about your luck. yes it's all of those disappearing customers that are causing a retail increase for the red triangle

Guest-0539

LOL I am the ct genius

Look at what the report says
flagship retail sales up 5%
gas bar up 22.8%

oops, sorry about your luck. yes it's all of those disappearing customers that are causing a retail increase for the red triangle

Yes, I am not lucky, need to explain to an idiot who cannot read the whole sentence.

" The company’s retail at gas bar grew 22.8 per cent, thanks to climbing gasoline prices and new gas stations built along major Ontario highways. Its financial services revenue dropped 2.9 per cent. "

Crude oil is increased by $1.22 to $ 85.68 to-day. the gasoline price will go up too, CT's gas bar will go up as well, and CT's sales may also go up, But your profit is Down.

CT Me / Lawguy

No........ the original claim one of you haters was that CT's retail was only up because of petroleum sales

That is false

Yes we are aware corporate profit declined...on expenditures related to Forzani purchase and winter marketing programs

You're still dodging the whole point of what was brought up. That claim was that customer complaints are increasing and that we were doomed to fail soon. Increase at CT retail stores (not gas bars) proves that we must be increasing either in customers through the door, sales per customer or both.

hardly a failing company

CT Challenger

Year-over-year sales in the Crappy Stores is actually down, this quarter (if you exclude Mark's and Petrol).

Yes, there are either fewer customers through the door than last year, or those customers are spending less.

Only by including sales at Mark's stores and the gas stations do things look better than a year ago.

The Crappy People can't even read their own financial statements.

Here's a quick lesson for them:

The Crappy People like to trumpet whatever goods news they can scrape together, and pretend the bad news doesn't exist.

When they say their sales are up 5%, they aren't talking about just Crappy Tire retail.

No, the revenue from Crappy Retail is actually lower, year-over-year, down from $1.609 billion to $1.598 billion, a decrease of 0.7%.

Sales per square foot are also lower year-over-year, down 0.8%.

It's only when they add in sales from the Mark's store, and also from Petroleum, that things look better.

The Financial segment is also down, which up until recently had been helping out with their sagging sales.

http://corp.canadiantire.ca/EN/Investors/FinancialReports/Quartlery Reports Library/CTC_2011_Q2.pdf

CTH8R

Well, this is a refreshing about-face!

We finally have a CTer who is willing to admit that, yes, giving refunds for unsatisfactory or unwanted merchantise does indeed cost a company money!

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...goods-ct-has-worst-policies-22.html#post10937

In fact, the CT'er made a really huge deal, about how the 'abuse' of return polices costs companies money, which then "ruins it for the rest of consumers".

Thanks so much, Angry-Sangria-Guy, for finally confirming what consumers have been saying for years!

CT Challenger

What would also be nice is a similar admission regarding items where CT agreed to accept products at a lower price, in exchange for the retailer bearing the full cost of defective products.

This is yet another case where the Crappy store naturally refuses to give refunds or even exchanges, because then the store would also lose money!

Last edited: