CT Challenger

The more I read about this issue, the prouder I am to be Canadian.

People want what's fair and reasonable.

They are opposed to "returns fraud", because it is unethical, as well,as illegal.

And of course they also object to being asked to pay more themselves, to cover the costs of fraud; self-interested, but understandable.

My fellow Canadian consumers are also opposed to 'returns abuse', such as 'renting' goods, with no intention of keeping them. Apparently, people will use the item for a period and then ask for a refund - that's not what the policies are for.

Again, Canadians are opposed to this, because it offends their sense of right and wrong. Plus, they don't want to foot the bill for others' free rentals.

But let's not forget the other unfairnesses that have been raised in news reports and in consumer comments.

Canadians are offended when they don't get good value for their money. For example, when they paid hard-earned money for a product that doesn't live up to its promises. This is obviously unfair, and Canadians are understandably upset when the store comes up with some unexpected excuse to refuse a reasonable return.

Another situation that offends Canadians, is when a store doesn't clearly state what their policies are. A good example is the Red Triangle of Crap stores, that have lots of conditions, exclusions, exceptions and limits - all hidden behind the phoney "Easy Returns" sign.

Canadians have said loud and clear that they don't like this, which is just common sense.

Last edited:

1wildhorse

I wouldn't normally quote someone else and then equate it to me, but to each their own.
i was referring to you letting us know about the cbc news thing.if you hadnt told us about it we wouldnt have known....and i dont believe it painted CT in a particularly good light(not that i watched it,just taking what that other consumer said about it).so yes you have shot CT in the foot once again.....

Sangria5

The more I read about this issue, the prouder I am to be Canadian.

People want what's fair and reasonable.

They are opposed to "returns fraud", because it is unethical, as well,as illegal.

And of course they also object to being asked to pay more themselves, to cover the costs of fraud; self-interested, but understandable.

My fellow Canadian consumers are also opposed to 'returns abuse', such as 'renting' goods, with no intention of keeping them. Apparently, people will use the item for a period and then ask for a refund - that's not what the policies are for.

Again, Canadians are opposed to this, because it offends their sense of right and wrong. Plus, they don't want to foot the bill for others' free rentals.

But let's not forget the other unfairnesses that have been raised in news reports and in consumer comments.

Canadians are offended when they don't get good value for their money. For example, when they paid hard-earned money for a product that doesn't live up to its promises. This is obviously unfair, and Canadians are understandably upset when the store comes up with some unexpected excuse to refuse a reasonable return.

Another situation that offends Canadians, is when a store doesn't clearly state what their policies are. A good example is the Red Triangle of Crap stores, that have lots of conditions, exclusions, exceptions and limits - all hidden behind the phoney "Easy Returns" sign.

Canadians have said loud and clear that they don't like this, which is just common sense.

I see you have finally seen the light. All it took was an expose from a respectable source like the CBC. And of course, the plethora of Canadians that just don't think the way you do. Welcome aboard.

Sangria5

i was referring to you letting us know about the cbc news thing.if you hadnt told us about it we wouldnt have known....and i dont believe it painted CT in a particularly good light(not that i watched it,just taking what that other consumer said about it).so yes you have shot CT in the foot once again.....

I'll let the hundreds of responses of people just like me at the end of that article speak for themselves. Again, the majority rules.

CT Challenger

Here we see some typical misrepresentations and Trolling statements from The S-Angry-CT-Guy:

I see you have finally seen the light. All it took was an expose from a respectable source like the CBC.

The above seems to suggest that I, and perhaps others consumers, have been supportive of returns fraud, or even just 'rentals' returns abuses. This is clearly not the case, as anyone will see by reviewing our actual comments.

The only point of disagreement is the Ct'ers false claim, that returning a defective product with the receipt used for its identical replacement counts as Fraud under the Criminal Code of Canada. This unfounded claim has been thoroughly demolished here: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...rn-identical-products-different-receipts.html

Welcome aboard.

Again, a Trolling statement that falsely suggests that I or any other consumers on this site, have somehow 'come to the dark side', and suddenly support S-Angria-CT-Guy in their devious attempt to cheat customers.

Nice try, CT Troll!

Last edited:

CT Challenger

And of course, the plethora of Canadians that just don't think the way you do.

The S-Angry CT Troll is also misrepresenting the clearly stated opinions of the majority of Canadians, who value reasonable returns on unsatisfactory products, and expect have a reasonable opportunity to try them out (as they can at any big store except CT).

Presumably the S-Angry-Troll will personally profit from any customers they can turn away at the Returns Desk.

I'll let the hundreds of responses of people just like me at the end of that article speak for themselves.

Well, I looked over the comments. Sure, a couple echoed the S-Angry-Troll's perspective - fellow retailers, I suspect.

But comment after comment repeats what we all already know: Canadians want good return policies! Why would they not?

Again, the majority rules.

Huh?

Anyway, Canada has spoken.

"We want good return policies"

But The Crappy People just aren't listening!

CT Challenger

Indeed, the CT Trolls have their ears tightly plugged.

That's ok - the results from Canadians are clearly in favour of reasonable returns - some thing The Red Triangle of Crap doesn't include in their policy, unlike all the other big retailers.

1wildhorse

welcome aboard what?im totally mystified here.you just dont make sense(not for the first time).is there a link to the report so i can check it out for myself?

CTH8R

I'll let the hundreds of responses of people just like me at the end of that article speak for themselves. Again, the majority rules.

Just for laughs, I decided to see if I could find any posts among the hundred from people "just like" the S-Angry CT Troll.

Nothing yet, but I did find this:

---

Underdog5555
@DerekRead
The Canadian Tire Store in west Saint John, NB will only provide store credit when you are trying to return a defective or broken item.
It was explained that if you did not like the item, they would refund your money, but because it is defective and they cannot re-sell it, then you only get store credit. How is that fair?
I bought a defective item and my money should have been re-funded.
Come on Canadian Tire, you can do better than that!!!

LMAO!

1wildhorse

wow at least he was offered store credit....time for my weekly rant....canadian tire is crap noone should buy anything from there because they are so fukkin awful.customer service is a joke,dont even bother going to head office,they are deaf ears too.please all canadians dont buy anything from this shocking excuse for a company,may they go out of business in the next couple of years(which will mean no more canadiantiresucks.net rants....ill miss that!)

CTH8R

Just an update on those comments on the CBC story.

I scanned through a couple hundred, looking for any that supported The SAngryTroll's view, that stores should allow fewer returns of unsatisfactory goods.

There are hundreds of people who are opposed to fraud and abuse, as we already know.

And hundreds who says they want reasonable return for unsatisfactory products.

But so far, I've only found one person who agrees with The SAngryTroll, and would like to see stores put more limits on return where customers are genuinely unsatisfied.

It might take a while, but I'll see if I can find any more.

The search continues.

(But the general consensus: "Refund! Refund! Refund")