Guest-0518

Posted by an unregistered user
Correct....the try me out store is not CT. The borrow it for the weekend store is not CT. The use it and return it store is not CT. The lie and say it's defective because you no longer want it store is not CT. The I didn't follow the directions and broke it, so I want to return it store is not CT. The I ripped the packaging to shit and want to return it store is not CT.
Yes folks, when you want to purchase used items, please go to Walmart. LoL!

No, CT is just buy our second hand shit store.
I myself bought a lawn mower, put it out of the box, couldn't assamble it cause it was too freaking hard and the NEXT morning took the crap back( remember that I haven't even assemble it ) and idiots at CT told me I can't return something that was not in the original condition. So I took the lawn mower and left it at the entrance door. CT can go F..k themselves! I will never go back! Went to Walmart and got a kick ass mower- wont bring it back cuz it works and it's awesome unlike the crappy one I got at crapy tire!

CT Me / Lawguy

You paid hundreds of dollars for a lawnmower and just left it at the entrance because you couldn't put it together?

smart. i'm sure someone was happy to have a free lawnmower

pS how can you not assemble a lawn mower? its 6 bolts man. 4 wheels and two for the handle

Angry CT Guy

I myself bought a lawn mower, put it out of the box, couldn't assamble it cause it was too freaking hard and the NEXT morning took the crap back( remember that I haven't even assemble it ) and idiots at CT told me I can't return something that was not in the original condition. So I took the lawn mower and left it at the entrance door. CT can go F..k themselves! I will never go back! Went to Walmart and got a kick ass mower- wont bring it back cuz it works and it's awesome unlike the crappy one I got at crapy tire!

I think I'll call bullshit on that story. No one is that stupid.

sarahWR

I work at Canadian Tire and the return policy isn't that bad.. We actually did a return on an assembled patio set the other day, which was not in the orginal packaging. The customer didn't even bring the packaging, we also did a return on an assembled swing set. It depends on what CT you go to, they are independently owned, so some might be nicer when it comes to returns.

CT Challenger

I work at Canadian Tire and the return policy isn't that bad.. We actually did a return on an assembled patio set the other day, which was not in the orginal packaging. The customer didn't even bring the packaging, we also did a return on an assembled swing set. It depends on what CT you go to, they are independently owned, so some might be nicer when it comes to returns.

really?

what did you read here that you don't think matches the policies of canadian tire?

here's a good place to start:

Returns, Refunds & Exchanges | Canadian Tire

it's interesting how CT people often say they are not so bad, because some stores will 'bend the rules' or 'make an exception'.

its good that we have other stores to go to, where being 'nicer' is already a clearly state the policy, and not something you have to bargain for, or jump through hoops to get.

Guest-0520

They did the same thing to me, but I did pour the oil can in it( the one that came with the mower) they told me it wasn't in original condition and didn't want to return or exchange it. Long story short I sold it for 50$ on kijiji, and lets just say I lost money and time... Allbecause of morons at CT.

Dude, I know Canadian tire sucks big time but go pick up your lawn mower and sell it for whatever

Guest-0520

What location do you work at? That's a one in a mIllion story

CT Challenger

There's an interesting discussion on the following thread about returns for unwanted goods:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/c...te-7200-market-crossing-burnaby-bc-store.html

It really sucks that CT will only let customers return items for 90 days, and only if the item is "in its original condition and packaging".

But customers are realizing that this can be useful when an item later goes on sale, because the full-price item can be returned (if it's "in its original condition and packaging"). The customer can then buy the item at the sale price.

This all came up because a CT person was challenged on why they kept accusing innocent customers of "fraud" and telling "lies", when all they were doing was returning unwanted items, as allowed by CT's own policy.

It turns out that the CT person was just mad, because the customer was getting the item at the sale price, and not at the full price.

Sound like sour grapes, to me.

Still, just 'cause you're mad about your own store's policies, that's no reason to start telling lies! Yeesh!

Angry CT Guy

There's an interesting discussion on the following thread about returns for unwanted goods:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/c...te-7200-market-crossing-burnaby-bc-store.html

It really sucks that CT will only let customers return items for 90 days, and only if the item is "in its original condition and packaging".

But customers are realizing that this can be useful when an item later goes on sale, because the full-price item can be returned (if it's "in its original condition and packaging"). The customer can then buy the item at the sale price.

This all came up because a CT person was challenged on why they kept accusing innocent customers of "fraud" and telling "lies", when all they were doing was returning unwanted items, as allowed by CT's own policy.

It turns out that the CT person was just mad, because the customer was getting the item at the sale price, and not at the full price.

Sound like sour grapes, to me.

Still, just 'cause you're mad about your own store's policies, that's no reason to start telling lies! Yeesh!

Poor faker advocate, being exposed as a purveyor of fraud must be why you are ashamed of posting under DavidLer anymore.

Roseman: Check the refund policy before buying - Moneyville.ca

Or

change in wal-mart return policy - Zoklet.net

Or

Return Policy Abuse at Costco | Addicted To Costco!

Or

Costco kills return anytime policy | Crave - CNET

Or

Walmart changed their return policy? Since when? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Yep, faker advocates ruining a good thing for the honest customer, forcing retailers to change their policies to protect their profits. It's nothing new, just a sad state of the losers that are out there. Faker advocate doesn't care....he thinks he's relevant and new......but, he's just the same old fraudster that we see each and every day.
Maybe faker advocate can open his own retail store, maybe he can pick his own "no questions asked" policies, maybe he can even try to be more than an armchair critic, but alas, his moral terpitude (look it up) doesn't allow him to be much more than a loser. Sorry.....epic fail!

CT Challenger

Hey, CT'er.

Wipe the foam off your mouth, and face the fact that all your 'fraud' claims are just a cover-up for policy you don't like .... at your own store, LOL.

CT_MANAGER

Personally I do Not agree with allowing customers to bring back items after 90 days.. I feel that is WAY too long; if you can't decide that you thought twice about wanting a specific product (Before opening) after 1 MONTH, then you don't need 3 months.

Allowing THAT long just gives more opportunity for returning used products and products missing items. Canadian Tire's policy IS to open each product but let's be real here.. No one has time to open up vacuum cleaner to see if every piece is there.. No one has time to open a huge, HEAVY socket set to see if all the sockets are there.. Unfortunately this allows for customers returning products that are not completely unused/resellable. OR were unfortunately purchased a product only to discover it was returned and missing items.

Every one of our faucets are factory taped but customers want to open SEALED products to look at sizes or whatever they want. That now means this product is no longer "SEALED" and can't easily have pieces removed.

Short of sending every single item back to the manufacture because we don't know that this faucet being returned LOOKS perfect but unless we spent 10 minutes going thru the manual only to find 1 screw missing, it's NOT sellable. Perhaps the customer knew and returned it anyways, or was not aware.

Perfect example of this is the pressure cookers. We open returned boxes of pressure cookers to find that the "pressure" switch was unscrewed and removed. Short of pulling all the cardboard and styrophone out to search every single piece, it's VERY difficult to search every single return.

Put yourself in the customer service desk's shoes.. Customer comes in and returns a large heavy wetvac. To expect that staff to make the lane wait 5 minutes while they open up the wetvac (customer claims is not used), remove all the cardboard and styrophone (good luck getting it all back in the box), pull the vacuum out, look thru the manual to look for what parts came in (some come with a lot of accessories), they "tick" off each part found in the box with what is in the manual..

Unfortunately customers lie. I'm not going to sugercoat it. And unfortunately MANY times we take the word of the customer. Personally I don't think you would appreciate waiting 45 mins in a line up at the customer service desk because customers in front of you are returning a 406 piece socket set, vacuum, doorlock, 100 piece screw set, "sealed" BBQ (good luck getting that out of the box and getting it back in to dicover someone removed the hardware bag) and if we are to check EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT and count every single product like it's expected... exactly..

I also feel that manufacturers could do there part too to help customers. Such as:

1. Give dimensions of the faucet and is it 1 or 2 or 3 water inlets? (most customers tend to open FACTORY SEALED boxes to see and only end up leaving the opened box now because it's the wrong size, or type. Now prone for other customers (the dishonest ones.. sorry people it's squeaky clean world we live in).

2. Does the BBQ come with the 18kg connecting hose or not? Some don't and open box's to see if that model does not.

3. Drill. Does it come with a battery pack? (Some don't even mention if it does or doesn't)

Etc..

I experience customers opening up packages for no apparent reason.. Opening a CLEAR package with a doorknob to see if it's LOCKING or not (when it SAYS "LOCKING" right on the front, or see what color it is..).. yes.. it's a CLEAR package can be seen from 20 feet away to see what color it is.. IS unreasonable. I watch customers open a doorlock package and break the box in front of me, then place it back ANYWHERE on the shelf all torn up, then grab another, proceed to do this with 2 more.. If I weren't there to see this.. we now have products that were opened for no reason, and have just been nothing more than being DESTRUCTIVE..

There really is NO one to blame in specific. Everyone could do there part to relieve it.. (Customers, Manufacturers, retail).

CT Challenger

Personally I do Not agree with allowing customers to bring back items after 90 days

nobody is suggesting they should bring back items after 90 days

nice change of topic though

i dont think any of the customers are interested in the preferences of store owners and managers

actually isnt there already a thread for that? a thread that nobody reads?

but i bet customers might be interested to know theres a policy that allows them to bring back an item "in its original condition and packaging" for a refund within 90 days.

and that theres nothing fraudulant or dishonest about using that policy

but this news might make that weird ct person foam at the mouth again

because that policy can come in handy for a customer

when the same item goes on sale within 90 days

Angry CT Guy

i dont think any of the customers are interested in the preferences of store owners and managers

but i bet customers might be interested to know theres a policy that allows them to bring back an item "in its original condition and packaging" for a refund within 90 days.

No one said you can't bring something back unopened and unused before 90 days

But if you used it

And then rebuy it

And then use your old receipt to return it

Then, it's fraud

CT_MANAGER

You didn't read the original topic I replied to

"It really sucks that CT will only let customers return items for 90 days, and only if the item is "in its original condition and packaging"."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you had READ what I wrote, you would have seen I was comparing the fact of 90 days being TOO long a time to decide you didn't want it and allowing that much time only allows for more time for items to get lost, or stolen. I never said anything about an item OVER 90 days, I stated after 90 days in the content of it being compared to the fact that 90 days was too long and even a month is more than enough.

Guest-0477

No one said you can't bring something back unopened and unused before 90 days

But if you used it

And then rebuy it

And then use your old receipt to return it

Then, it's fraud

No one said you can't? They said it was "dishonest" and "fraud"! Even if it was the original, unopened item with the original receipt. Outrageous!

Interesting theory about it being "fraud" to use an old receipt to return a newly purchased item, though. So, where are all the convictions that the Angry CT Guy wrote about?

CT Challenger

Recent posts have commented on some aspects of return policies for other stores.

But there hasn't been any overview of all the terms of these other store's policies.

So, I'll post an overview of these policies, and compare them to Crappy Tire, like we say for defective pressure washers and lawn mowers.

(Keep in mind that defective items were already covered at https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...pair-only-warranty-no-refund-no-exchange.html and https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/general-canadian-tire-complaints-chat/707-sale-goods-act-6.html.)

Remember, too, that most stores will not take refunds on underwear, ammunition, fireworks, cut/tinted material, etc.

Here are the basics of the Crappy Tire policies for unwanted/unsatisfactory items (http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/Navi...inks/Section1/76ReturnRefunds_Exchanges.jsp):

Packaging: Must be “in its original condition and packaging”.

Minimum Time: 14 days (electronics).

Maximum Time: 90 days.

Personal Information Required: Yes.

Other Limitations:

- Stores might insist that all items be “unused”.
- Ink, digital media and bedding must be “unopened”.
- Stores may insist that all items be “unopened” or “sealed” (not just median and beds – so why mention media and beds at all?).
- Store may insist that the original packaging must also be in its original condition.

Other Benefits:
- Some stores may be more lenient for refunds and exchanges, but there’s no way to be sure.

First up: Costco.