CT Challenger

CT Challenger

maybe ellen decided to google 'ellen roseman advocate' and saw this site as the #3 hit

she might be developing a special interest in the company thats been badmouthing here so much here

just a 'theory' lol

CT Challenger

maybe ellen decided to google 'ellen roseman advocate' and saw this site as the #3 hit

she might be developing a special interest in the company thats been badmouthing here so much here

just a 'theory' lol

When the Crappy People decided to call her a big liar, that might have been a mistake.

Just another 'theory', though.

CT Challenger

Interpretation:

Customer service girl did her job, followed the rules, informed the customer, summoned a Manager when asked.
Manager refunded money to customer as she requested.

What's the problem here? oh I know what the problem is.......you hate Canadian Tire so you ignore the part that says, she got her money back.

Oh and yes...if you have questions about warranty or returns............ASK!!!!

That comment looks pretty stupid right now.

CT Challenger

Hmm ..

On Sept 1st, a consumer posts this story on our beloved web site:

Yet another customer discovered the truth about Crappy Tire's policy for unsatisfactory products: if it's been used, you own it.

This customer found out the hard way that the Crappy Policy is "... drastically different than all other major stores".

It's impressive that they devoted their valuable time to educate their fellow-consumers, "so that others are spared from this experience and potential loss of ability to obtain a full cash refund."

CambridgeTimes Article: Time to review refund policies

I assume the Crappy People will offer up the usual lame excuse: it is up to all consumers to stop by Customer Service before they make any purchases, to find out the real policies that will apply to each item.

Sadly, consumers are still incorrectly assuming that Crappy Tire is like all the other stores, and will stand behind what they sell.

Yes, consumers have to learn to apply the adage "Buyer Beware" each time they venture into a Crappy Tire store.

I also expect the Crappy People will claim that this unlucky consumer should have devoted sufficient research effort prior to purchasing a simple dehumidifier, so that they would have fully understood every mode of operation, and thus known that the fan operates continuously.

Yes, Crappy People are fond of blaming consumers for every problem that arises.

Well, we are sorry for what you went through, Cambridge Consumer!

But thanks for helping get the word out!

Well done!

Then, on the 6th, our beloved Ellen wrote this:

How to get a refund from Canadian Tire - moneyville.ca Blogs

Coincidence?

Or did a consumer follow up on that offer to call Ellen?

One thing is sure: the Crappy People sure aren't gonna like it when their advice back-fires, LOL!

Guest-0276

Posted by an unregistered user
SOUS LA PRÉSIDENCE DE :
L’HONORABLE
MARIE-ANDRÉE VILLENEUVE, J.C.Q

CLAUDE GAGNON
Partie demanderesse

c.

CANADIAN TIRE
Partie défenderesse

Good for the parents in taking Crappys to court and winning! The judgment is a pittance, but the family wasn't after real damages either, just out of pocket expenses for the ambulance, time off work for their hospitalized son, and getting CASH refunds for the defective bikes. It just goes to show Crappys that not everyone is out to get them as they're so paranoid about recording info from everyones ID.

CT_Manager was right on the money about bikes from Crappys!

Angry CT Guy

Good for the parents in taking Crappys to court and winning! The judgment is a pittance, but the family wasn't after real damages either, just out of pocket expenses for the ambulance, time off work for their hospitalized son, and getting CASH refunds for the defective bikes. It just goes to show Crappys that not everyone is out to get them as they're so paranoid about recording info from everyones ID.

CT_Manager was right on the money about bikes from Crappys!

Nice try though. Is Canadian Tire still selling more bikes than any other retailer in Canada? Just asking. LOL.

Guest-0276

which are outnumbered 10 to 1 by the bad ones.

Nope. It's higher. I just counted, the bad comments out weight the " good, but indifferent" 40 to 1. It would be higher if they hadn't stopped accepting comments. Praise Ellen for being merciful!

Angry CT Guy

which are outnumbered 10 to 1 by the bad ones.

Hmmmm....that's some interesting math. Let's say that in total there are over 1000 consumer complaints about CTC.
Now with over 180,000 shoppers at my store each year at my store alone, and multiply that across 500 stores (my store is actually small), I'm thinking that the vast vast majority just don't see it like you. I could be wrong, but the math and all.....nah. Then there's the other 600 sucks.com sites and multiple other consumer complaint blogs....not every business must be going out of business. Yeah, the math....it's just the math thing that has me skeptical....that damn math!

Guest-0276

For sure, but at a marked up price. Have to make a profit!

You should charge a separate "customer getting hurt" fee for every item you sell then, like add $10 to a pack of gum. You'll be even richer in no time, and hey. If they do get hurt you can always take it out of "petty cash". Money-in-the BANK!

Angry CT Guy

You should charge a separate "customer getting hurt" fee for every item you sell then, like add $10 to a pack of gum. You'll be even richer in no time, and hey. If they do get hurt you can always take it out of "petty cash". Money-in-the BANK!

I like the entrepreneurial spirit. Atta boy tiger

Guest-0276

Hmmmm....that's some interesting math. Let's say that in total there are over 1000 consumer complaints about CTC.
Now with over 180,000 shoppers at my store each year at my store alone, and multiply that across 500 stores (my store is actually small), I'm thinking that the vast vast majority just don't see it like you. I could be wrong, but the math and all.....nah. Then there's the other 600 sucks.com sites and multiple other consumer complaint blogs....not every business must be going out of business. Yeah, the math....it's just the math thing that has me skeptical....that damn math!

Don't let those numbers frighten you. There's an easy fix. Just go back to your returns desk and then you can forget about all logic, common sense, and more importantly, consumer legislation.

Angry CT Guy

Don't let those numbers frighten you. There's an easy fix. Just go back to your returns desk and then you can forget about all logic, common sense, and more importantly, consumer legislation.

Yeah, except for the math, I'd believe you. It's just that dog nabbit math. Man, I hate facts.

CT Challenger

It's important not to get distracted by the Crappy People's 'red herring' about complaints for other retailers and so on.

The original post was a reference to the article, here: How to get a refund from Canadian Tire - moneyville.ca Blogs

The OP noted a large number of "bad" comments about Crappy Tire.

It was claimed that the 'good' comments "are outnumbered 10 to 1 by the bad ones."

I took 1.5 minutes to count 'em up . There are 58 'bad' comments, and 14 'good'.

So, the 'bad' comments outnumber the 'good' comments by about 5:1.

What's really interest, though, is that the "bad" anti-Crappy-Tire comments are the ones where the consumers have clicked the "Agree" button the most times.

But the 'good', pro-Crappy-Tire comments? They are the ones where most consumers have clicked "Disagree" the most.

The Consumers have spoken! Crappy Tire sucks!

Angry CT Guy

It's important not to get distracted by the Crappy People's 'red herring' about complaints for other retailers and so on.

The original post was a reference to the article, here: How to get a refund from Canadian Tire - moneyville.ca Blogs

The OP noted a large number of "bad" comments about Crappy Tire.

It was claimed that the 'good' comments "are outnumbered 10 to 1 by the bad ones."

I took 1.5 minutes to count 'em up . There are 58 'bad' comments, and 14 'good'.

So, the 'bad' comments outnumber the 'good' comments by about 5:1.

What's really interest, though, is that the "bad" anti-Crappy-Tire comments are the ones where the consumers have clicked the "Agree" button the most times.

But the 'good', pro-Crappy-Tire comments? They are the ones where most consumers have clicked "Disagree" the most.

The Consumers have spoken! Crappy Tire sucks!

Except for all that math.....that's the tough one. Millions and millions of shoppers and 58 comments.....I mean even if it was 1000 comments, millions upon millions of shoppers at CTC. Yeah, it's just that damn math thing.