alex_dee

ok soo ive been working at partsource for 5 years part-time, recent my boss gave me a key to the store giveing me the resposiblities of opening ( on weekends) and closeing everytime i work and being responsible for everything while im there....without giving me better pay or a title so basically i get paid as much as a 17 driver that works there but i get yelled at by everyone. so im tired of it, i understand ctc gives buy out to employees when they get fired under different cicumstances and the buy out goes for the amount of years they worked there, any ideas????? im tired of this company there stupid

Guest-0495

Posted by an unregistered user
ok soo ive been working at partsource for 5 years part-time, recent my boss gave me a key to the store giveing me the resposiblities of opening ( on weekends) and closeing everytime i work and being responsible for everything while im there....without giving me better pay or a title so basically i get paid as much as a 17 driver that works there but i get yelled at by everyone. so im tired of it, i understand ctc gives buy out to employees when they get fired under different cicumstances and the buy out goes for the amount of years they worked there, any ideas????? im tired of this company there stupid

Yeah, quit. It's a free world. If the grass is greener elsewhere, go get a better job. It's not a prison, you are free to leave at any time.

alex_dee

Yeah, quit. It's a free world. If the grass is greener elsewhere, go get a better job. It's not a prison, you are free to leave at any time.

thanks pal YOUR VERY HELPFUL i hope you go and help more ppl out on this forum with your very useful comments, the point is i served my time i would like to walk out with some cash in my pocket if possible AND i dont want a next job

CT Me / Lawguy

Long term, reliable parts guys are hard to find. I'm sure you've learned a lot and contributed a lot in 5 years. Buyout packages are not offered to floor employees anywhere, and surely not after just 5 years. Such luxuries are upper management, VP's, "C"s etc..... with tenure.

hate to tell ya man, but your expectation is unreasonable, and quite honestly a bit selfish.
All you owe your employer is a hard days work until your last day. All an employer owes you is a paycheque for said hard work

alex_dee

Long term, reliable parts guys are hard to find. I'm sure you've learned a lot and contributed a lot in 5 years. Buyout packages are not offered to floor employees anywhere, and surely not after just 5 years. Such luxuries are upper management, VP's, "C"s etc..... with tenure.

hate to tell ya man, but your expectation is unreasonable, and quite honestly a bit selfish.
All you owe your employer is a hard days work until your last day. All an employer owes you is a paycheque for said hard work

thanks for your opion man but i ddt ask for it, anyways i know of ppl who have been bought out. and i wanted personal experances and as far as being selfish i agree with owning the company a had day work but dont agree with resuming the resonsbility of the entire store with same pay as a new employee, like a stated before im tired of being taken advantage of

Angry CT Guy

thanks for your opion man but i ddt ask for it, anyways i know of ppl who have been bought out. and i wanted personal experances and as far as being selfish i agree with owning the company a had day work but dont agree with resuming the resonsbility of the entire store with same pay as a new employee, like a stated before im tired of being taken advantage of

You should ask your employer for a buy out because you don't want to work anymore. After they pick themselves up off the floor from rolling with laughter, you can head over to the unemployment office and tell them you'd like to collect EI now.....I'm sure they will be equally amused.

CT Me / Lawguy

well you came looking for ideas, so yes you did ask for opinions, and i gave you one. Perhaps because it's not the one you wanted you shoot back?

Anyways I would agree there is likely after 5 years some reason for you to have some more money, and be higher paid then a rookie. Have you asked that simple question of whoever manages payroll?
I don't think you're responsible for the whole store, unless you're doing scheduling, budgeting, financials etc.... from what you've said it sounds like you open and close.

Either way, I still think the desire to be paid out is not realistic.

Guest-0536

I would talk to a lawyer and get some legal advice. Also make sure that other people are not getting raises in this time frame. If you are in the Toronto area speak to someone at Symes and Street. They are experts in labour law and will offer a free consultation.

CT Me / Lawguy

I would talk to a lawyer and get some legal advice. Also make sure that other people are not getting raises in this time frame. If you are in the Toronto area speak to someone at Symes and Street. They are experts in labour law and will offer a free consultation.

LOL this is a brilliant response.

1) you will never get an employer to reveal information about another employees wages, raises, benefits, compensation etc... that's actually breach of trust and would cost a Manager his job.

2) no law in any province requires any raise after any period of time after regardless of job. Unless you have a contract that says raise at X day, by x amount, for reaching/performing at X level. An employee could make minimum wage for a 20 year span. The law does not and can not intervene.

Good advice guys.... way to go CT haters

CT Challenger

Best not to take your advice from anyone who claims to represent Crappy Tire.

Naturally, they would be tempted to 'bend the truth' a little to serve their own needs.

But this sleazy bunch is notoriously dishonest. In case you have any doubts, check out the long list of commonly-told lies by the CT liars who post here:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...66-why-do-ct-haters-ignore-so-many-facts.html

That doesn't include the steady barrage of lies we see, with mis-quotes of what consumers wrote, facts about other stores, etc.

The economy is picking up - maybe a good time to get out, while you can.