Guest-0499

Posted by an unregistered user
I was in the process of buying a vehicle and brought it to Canadian Tire in Hanmer for a mechanical. They told me to drop off the vehicle and keys and they would do it first thing in the morning. When i went to get the vehicle the next morning, there was a big dent and large scratch on the drivers side panel beside the gas cap. When i brought this to the managers attention, his immediate response was " we didnt do that". First of all, how in the world would he know who did it or when it was done? (unless he knew and in that case he was lying to me). Right off the bat, he lied to me by stating that, because, how would he know if an employee bumped into a parked car and then parked my vehicle. He didnt monitor my vehicle at all times. Anyway to make a long story short, the owner Rob Tkachuk called me the next morning and proceeded to tell me that it was not they're responsability and to go through my insurance. I guess its my fault then. I hand over the keys and the vehicle to the service dept. and leave, they damage it and its my fault. Hmmmm. Regardless of what happened to that vehicle, it was entrusted to Canadian Tire and given to them damage free. When i got it back, it was damaged. No one will accept responsability for their actions or inactions anymore. SAD!! It will not end here, i can promise you that!

CT Challenger

the sad thing is, we read day after day about numerous problems with the conduct of canadian tire employees, managers and staff.

but day after day, we read on this site posts from self-proclaimed ct representatives, who generally claim that these problems are all the fault of either the employees, or even the customers themselves.

so, your story is pretty common, unfortunately.

yet another reason to take your business somewhere else.

Angry CT Guy

Posted by an unregistered user
I was in the process of buying a vehicle and brought it to Canadian Tire in Hanmer for a mechanical. They told me to drop off the vehicle and keys and they would do it first thing in the morning. When i went to get the vehicle the next morning, there was a big dent and large scratch on the drivers side panel beside the gas cap. When i brought this to the managers attention, his immediate response was " we didnt do that". First of all, how in the world would he know who did it or when it was done? (unless he knew and in that case he was lying to me). Right off the bat, he lied to me by stating that, because, how would he know if an employee bumped into a parked car and then parked my vehicle. He didnt monitor my vehicle at all times. Anyway to make a long story short, the owner Rob Tkachuk called me the next morning and proceeded to tell me that it was not they're responsability and to go through my insurance. I guess its my fault then. I hand over the keys and the vehicle to the service dept. and leave, they damage it and its my fault. Hmmmm. Regardless of what happened to that vehicle, it was entrusted to Canadian Tire and given to them damage free. When i got it back, it was damaged. No one will accept responsability for their actions or inactions anymore. SAD!! It will not end here, i can promise you that!

If you dropped it off, I'm assuming it was left in the parking lot. What if someone bumped your car backing out of a parking space. Who is responsible in that case?

CTH8R

Well, we can clearly see what would happen if the Crappy Person damages someone's vehicle, when it was left in their care:

They'd say, "not my fault - someone ELSE must have damaged it - go ahead and prove me wrong".

Nice dodge, Crappy People!

Is anything EVER your fault?