CTH8R

Stephen C.: In thirty years as a class a mechanic here in Ontario the most common failed battery I replace is Motomaster. Buy a Delco or an interstate.

CTH8R

Barbara G.: Fyi - it is the type of oil you are using - not your battery - that plays the biggest role in whether your car will start in really cold temps. Want it to always start & not have to worry about plugging it in- run synthetic!

CTH8R

Kevin M.: i would never buy another eliminator battery in my life suppose to have a lifetime warranty maybe they do but not in north sydney what a ripoff never again

Kevin M.: the battery started to swell and wouldnt charge brought it back they tried to charge it and it wouldnt charge i went down a week later to pick it up and it was gone please dont waste your money peole

CTH8R

Kyle L.: If anyone believes a second of this they are crazy. Still an exide product people... Who, by the way, just lost the Canadian tire contract. Yep, it'll start a few times... But then what? If you're gonna spend 300 bucks on a battery, talk to interstate.

CTH8R

Jason R.: I'll remember that the next time I decide to chop my battery in half. What a bunch of idiots!! Just when I thought Canadian Tire couldn't be more ridiculous. Take your cheap crap and shove it

CTH8R

Wondering when the goofy "Super Drop Test" will be posted, and what kind of horror-stories we will hear in response to Crappy's paid spamming.

In the meantime, the old spams continue to provoke helpful warnings:

Danny T.: Even the worst of batteries can do that as you can see, imagine if you
bought a quality made one. Good thing Canadian Tire is changing their supplier. You will pay more but you will finally start.

CTH8R

Jason R.: I'll remember that the next time I decide to chop my battery in half. What a bunch of idiots!! Just when I thought Canadian Tire couldn't be more ridiculous. Take your cheap crap and shove it

CTH8R

Gilbert P.: Lead melts at over 600 degrees f....battery acid boils at 200 -230f plastic melts at over 300f ...so what is slightly heating a battery up for a short duration of time prove.....nothing...like putting a battery in an ice truck ...ice just below 32f ...some where in s Ontario ....leave one for a week on Baffin Island in winter and start a truck...I'll even let you warm up the truck...

CTH8R

Ouch!

Gilbert P.: Small claims court...bring your witness ...providing he is a licensed mechanic ...your word against theirs...and I'm pretty sure with UPC parts tracking on invoicing that you can get the exact part number that they put on your vehicle...as they had to take the part from existing inventory...lots of crap...but if you really do want a settlement from these putzes that's probably what's going to be needed....now let's see the CT bots response to this..

CTH8R

Jim W.: You know if you freeze a battery it will start your vehicle but if your diesel has bin sitting for a week at - 40 below your oil is thick it takes
A lot to start a diesel at such extreme below temperature

CTH8R

Something to check out:

Eric B.: Anyone noticed that there is an acid sticker on the side of the batterie and other times the sticker is not there, just look when the splitter is releasing it!!! AGM are supposed to be excellent batteries but CT is pushing it!!! Lol

Eric B.: Wonder how many batteries they used to find the one that would work!!! No wonder they're showing a full box of them at the beginning of there commercial!!!!

CTH8R

Well, they finally spammed about the Super High Battery Drop, LOL!

There are loads (see what I did there?) or negative (see?) comments,

They fall into 3 main groups:
- complaints about crappy batteries.
- complaints about the crappy stores in general.
- complaints about the crappy Super Drop.

Here's a sample in the bogus "test":

Shaun K.: Did they even take out the original battery?

Røb R.: Lmfao that picture isnt even from the same truck thats the passanger side of another truck you can see the inside of the fender. And the video shows the battery cables going to the drivers side of the truck...you guys are so fake its not even funny any more.

Røb R.: Thats a good one...a truck from the UK now...Ford GM and Dodge all mount their batteries on differnt sides there is no specific side between one make to the next. And the video shows the leads going to the drivers side. Keep trying though this is funny.

CTH8R

Røb R.: They hooked it to another battery in the truck to start the truck. You can see the jumper cable leads sticking up over the rad support. If it was real and there was no battery in the battery box the leads would be laying in the bottom of the empty battery box.

CTH8R

Splitter thread:

Seb A.: Bought one in April 2014, I had to boost it 3 weeks ago and now it won't even charge. I will go to the store as soon as I can to get it replaced that's unacceptable !!! My car is a 2011 model and that should not happen to me. And to top that, they're advertising it as if it was a good battery..

CTH8R

Super Heater thread:

Tim H.: The 17 year old kids that have never seen under the hood of a car are the ones that gave you the wrong battery lol

CTH8R

Adam B.: … Now all they need is more than 5 teenage staff working at any given time. Trying to get someone to help you is like trying to pull teeth. And good luck trying to ask them questions about anything. Hire more people who know there department and less out of high school kids.

CTH8R

Super Splitter thread:

Seb A.: Bought one in April 2014, I had to boost it 3 weeks ago and now it won't even charge. I will go to the store as soon as I can to get it replaced that's unacceptable !!! My car is a 2011 model and that should not happen to me. And to top that, they're advertising it as if it was a good battery..

CTH8R

Still lots of people who hate spam - maybe as much as they hate Ol' Crappy?

Wanda S.Z.: It's amazing how I NEVER HIT like and it's saying I did. I call that false advertising!

CTH8R

I guess we can't call this a permanent boycott, but it was on the battery thread (if inspired by the Crappy Cards):

Jason Aking.: My girlfriend and I have had the exact same experience. We were not impressed and left the store immediately after dealing with the agents. Our business went else were.

CTH8R

Battery-inspired parts story:

Ryan P.: In 2011 i went to c t to get new break pads for my 2011 ram 1500 after doing the front fine I moved on to the rear had both sides all apart ready for the new pads low and behold the punk sold me 3500 ram rear break pads I was quite pissed had to put the rear all back together drive back there and get the right pads what a joke