Owner 1

H8R and Challenger are contradicting each other.

One says i'm providing some proof, the other says no evidence provided. Which is it ladies?

Best warranty in the business and longest warranty in the business....stop playing semantics when you're losing. We have the only 4 year roadside program. 3 is the best among competitors. we have the only 10 year total warranty, 9 is the best among competitors.

Ummm which one of us is back tracking?
With this comment "better to get even an 8 or 9-year warranty from someone who will honour it, instead of any length of warranty from a retailer who won't honour it" - Sounds to me like an admission that you recognize we do in fact have the best and longest warranty. Same rules still apply keep your documents, you get your warranty OR allow us to record some personal info, you get your warranty.
It's not rocket science.

I don't care that customers aren't posting research. In fact I have no idea what you're actually referring to. All I know is that since registration has been required on this site the only repeat visitors are you two, and myself. A couple of one hit wonder showed up and left. The rest, choose not to spend 4 minutes of their life to sign up. Guess their beefs with CT aren't that important to them. Face the facts, as our business grows, your website shrinks. Black and white, no ifs ands or buts. It's happening right before your eyes and you refuse to acknowledge it. PS - Keep your receipts.

CTH8R

Looks like Angry/CT/Me/Law/Guy is back to mis-quoting consumers on here, again.

I never said they'd provided any "evidence", let alone proof - nice lie, though.

And it turns out the CT Liar isn't even trying to "back up" their claim!

All they did was post a few links to some battery sites.

No assessment of these retailers' warranties.

No comparison of features (or even just total number of months).

So, I guess I'll have to retract even that simple statement: The CT Liar has NOT "begun to back up their original claim".

Sorry!

So, still no reason to think Crappy Tire has "the best warranty in the business" (or even just the longest).

And even if they did, we all know by now that they won't stand behind it anyway.

CT Challenger

Still no evidence to support the numerous and ever-changing claims of the Angry-CT-Me-Law-Guy, I see.

And there sure are a lot of lies mixed in there, too.

“the information is readily available", yet even the CT Liarguy can't provide any.

"no customers are viewing this site any longer", even though there are many hundreds of views per day.

Consumers said they have "a mission to take down Canadian Tire” - yet no such mission statement exists.

Consumers have been proven to be "wrong" or "factually incorrect" on this thread - hah!

All lies.

And Angry-CT-Me-Law-Guy continues to post lies here almost daily.

Yet consumers are supposed to just take their word on warranties?

For more on this theme, check out this thread that recently made it into the Top 10 Most Viewed list:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...y-do-ct-defenders-post-so-many-lies-here.html

Owner 1

"I lost my warranty paperwork"

Correct! you lose your paperwork you lose your warranty regardless of the wet code that's stamped on the battery. Why? Because in Canada with the exception of Quebec, warranties are NON- transferrable from owner to owner of products (including batteries) - CT and Exide have zero way to know that this individual purchased the battery.

Why is it that when a consumer loses his receipt for a purchase, it's up to a store to make good on it? Your negligence does not constitute a change in our policies.

Yes i'm blaming it on the customer in case you're wondering. It's clearly his or her own failure.

CTH8R

Sure, those are the Crappy Rules. Naturally, they'll claim the problem's the customers fault - no surprise there, LOL!

Absolutely, it's better to buy from Costco or, any of the other shops that have a good reputation.

Plus, the other stores might well have a better warranty - no evidence, yet, that they won't.

Besides, buying from Crappy Tire means putting your money into the hands of people like this:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...loyees-charges-convictions-investigatons.html

Look at all the lies they tell!

Last edited:

Owner 1

Let's simplify this

1) customer makes purchase
2) customer loses receipt & warranty documentation

Who's fault could that possibly be? Canadian Tire? Auto Service Manager? Service Advisor? Customer? CT Dealer? Canadian Tire CEO?

CTH8R

All of the above are at fault, naturally - it's their store, and their lack of customer service.

They decide to sell crappy batteries, set up a labyrinth of rules for customers to navigate, fail to explain these rules to their staff and customers, then use these any deviation from the unstated rules as an excuse to deny reasonable warranty claims.

Plenty of examples, on this site, Red Flag Deal, and others sites, too.

Much like the unstated return policies.

Lesson Learned: Never buy from Crappy Tire - deal instead with someone reputable.

CTH8R

Maybe some day Angry/CT/Me/Law/Guy will get around to providing some evidence to back the 'best in the business' claim.

A good starting point would be to pick even just ONE retailer, and check for THEIR best warranty.

But we haven't even seen THAT, despite the claims that Angry/CT/Me/Law/Guy already has all the information, easily obtained!

Pretty hilarious!

CT Challenger

Maybe some day Angry/CT/Me/Law/Guy will get around to providing some evidence to back the 'best in the business' claim.

Don't count on it. They think posting random links is "research" and "proof".

Besides, who would believe them, after all the B.S. they've posted, just on this thread??

Owner 1

Really?

A labryinth of rules?

Rule #1 - Keep your receipt and the warranty folder,(which by the way has the details of the warranty itself including the phone number for road side program - so you should have it close by)

Rule #2 - See rule # 1

NOw how could anybody be expected to navigate through that maze to get a warranty replacement? LOL

You want the warranty of the best battery for one competitor? Click on the links provided.
ON those sites I picked a vehicle, same in each competitors site, Cadillac Escalade, which will have a common battery, and selected the best battery available. Max warranty was 108 months. one full year short of canadian tire.

Keep digging, you're losing.

CT Challenger

Only two rules, huh? LOL!

Check out the many stories on this site and others, about all the stickers and cards and stamps that stores will ask for, then use these as excuses for refusing to honour the so-called 'warranty'.

Oh, and we are still waiting for the "proof" you already have, not just your non-credible reports of what some old links might show.

Still waiting ...

Owner 1

Only two rules, huh? LOL!

Check out the many stories on this site and others, about all the stickers and cards and stamps that stores will ask for, then use these as excuses for refusing to honour the so-called 'warranty'.

Oh, and we are still waiting for the "proof" you already have, not just your non-credible reports of what some old links might show.

Still waiting ...

Stamp? sorry no stamp. that's a made up bit.
Yes read the few upset customers on here regarding batteries. I lost my paperwork. I didn't have my paperwork. As already explained, no warranty.

stickers are attached to the folder...you know the warranty folder we've been debating the whole time. Card? ya no card? made up

warranty folder that has the stickers in it, receipt = warranty
Wow what a maze....how can anyone figure that out?
OR - leave your personal information, name address phone number, we will record it in our national database and youre covered without your paperwork. Of course the clerk will steal it, use it fraudulantly to open Swiss Bank Accounts and fraud you out of your milllions. Oh wait....haven't seen a case like that .... sorry that was your made up concerns over stuff that never happened.

CTH8R

Rule #2 - See rule # 1

The Angry/CT/Me/Liar/Guy has long ago bailed on the unprovable "best warranty in the business" claim.

Then, he moved on to the downgraded "longest in the business" claim, which is also unprovable.

But he's abandoned that, too, and is attempting to convince consumers that Crappy's notoriously convoluted (and often worthless) warranties are actually quite simple!

Yeah. "Good luck with that", LOL!

CT Challenger

regardless of the wet code that's stamped on the battery.

Stamp? sorry no stamp. that's a made up bit.

Ha-ha!

Either the Angry-CT-Me-Liar-Guy wasn't telling the truth about a code being STAMPED on the battery, or they were lying about something being "made up".

Not that it matters much - we already know we can't trust these people at all.

But you'd think they'd at least try to tell consistent lies - they can't even be bothered to do THAT!

Owner 1

yes there are manufacturing stamps on the battery, they are not related to the customer obtaining full warranty for his battery. The paperwork is what is required for full warranty on battery. period. end of story. Not complex...for most people.

CT Challenger

Card? ya no card? made up

Interesting theory.

Here's a complaint from Crappy Tire's own "review" site, saying they have to find a "warranty card", now that the crappy battery is failing.

Canadian Tire - MotoMaster Eliminator Automotive Battery customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

Oh, and the custmer says Costco's batteries are better - seems to be a lot of that goin' around!

And, the customer review on the CT site says the Crappy Tire warranty was only 9 years - seems this "10 year" theory doesn't apply to every battery - if any at all!

NOw, here's another customer who was getting cheated for not having a "card" - pretty strange, don't you think, LOL!

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/p...c-brands/609-sure-start-battery.html#post2945

Finally, here's a story about a customer getting screwed over for not having a "warranty card" - over at Red Flag Deal, just last March:

Canadian Tire Wont honor the warranty on Battery. - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

Yeah, for sure all those customers are just 'making up' non-existance warranty cards, and pretending the crappy stores demand them!

I guess ALL these customers must be lying, and our dearest Angry-CT-Me-Law-Guy is the only one telling the truth!

Pretty hilarious!

CT Challenger

Speaking about the importance of "stamps", here's another horror story from the CTS Archives:

Don't miss the part about the "stamp on the little pamphlet did not match the numbers."

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/personal-stories/627-dont-shop-canadian-tire.html

They reported more than just a single rule: "warranty rules, regulations, etc set up that caused this whole situation."

Oh, and any more luck proving "the best warranty in the business"?

Still waiting!

CTH8R

Wow! Looks like there are TWO stamps!

One on the battery, and one on the paperwork.

So, is that still just one lie by Angry/CT/Me/Law/Guy?

Or two lies?

Never mind - we lost count a while ago!

Owner 1

Stickers not stamps. one on the folder, one on the battery.

So you've never actually seen a CT battery folder have you? You're arguing about something which you haven't actually ever had your hands on. No wonder you don't understand. This is what you call being a consumer advocate?