CTH8R

Canadian Tire sucks at auto batteries:

Leandro Don Phederrico i think canadian tire is not respecting the garantie on batteries,there are many stories happening ,recent one from laval store on robert bourassa,8 month battery had to call towing 4 x,and they will not change or reimborse,they have installed a wrong size battery ,but will not admit,so i wish u close ur door let the americans come in and respect ,like costco 100% reimbosement 12 months,u get lost

CTH8R

From CT's fb:

Gary Connors I just got ripped off, again, by the Ottawa store. Had a new battery installed in July, it was junk, cost me over $150 to have it replaced..??!!??

CTH8R

FB:

Catherine Anthony Harris I use your service for everything for my car and was highly disappointed at the poor service I was given today after being told that my battery that was sold to me in March was the wrong one and the service manager made a sexist remark to me after I requested that I be credited for the service charge for a new battery and charged me double the original invoice without getting my approval for the charge.

Catherine Anthony Harris Thank you and I have emailed customer service I will be calling on Wednesday when your CS reopens and if I am still unhappy I will be going to my local paper

CTH8R

Facebook:

David Rodger Canadian tire what a farce. I had a problem with returning a car battery. They sent me a letter apologizing for my problems returning my bicycle.

CTH8R

F/B warning:

Gary R Valois Do Not Buy Any Battery From Canadian Tire The Warranty Know Good If Frozen Don't Waste Your Money On There Battery...........Gary Valois

CTH8R

Note: this comment has now been deleted by Canadian Tire from their Facebook page ... we've been told it counts as "maintenance", to delete negative comments. Way to 'solve' that problem, CT!

Gary R Valois Do Not Buy Any Battery From Canadian Tire The Warranty Know Good If Frozen Don't Waste Your Money On There Battery...........Gary Valois

Last edited:

CTH8R

Recently, Canadian Tire decided to spam Canadians with ad's for bicycles on their Facebook page. Canadians gave them a big ear full of horror stories of poor sales, service, warranties and returns.

Today, Canadian Tire decided to advertise automotive batteries - but apparently without the spam. The result? Not nearly as many posts - and only a couple of compliants:

CLaudette Furrer No, actually "you" don't, my less than one year old Canadian tire battery is DEAD, DEAD, DEAD!

Mark Miles My Canadian Tire battery with 3 yr. replacement warranty, 9yr total warranty, dead after 3 yrs., 1 month. I went to Canadian Tire for warranty service and was told they would have to keep the battery for at least 1 day, maybe 2 to "test it", really helpful guys considering that would leave me without a vehicle for the time you had the battery, and how am I supposed to get it there? I feel you have a warranty that is basically unusable! I bought a replacement at Walmart, Thanks Canadian Tire.

CTH8R

I see Eddie B. is still active on CT's Facebook page. He responded to a new thread pushing their automotic electronic products:

Eddie B we have you covered?If so why did i have to bring my car somewhere else after you guys claimed it was fixed?IF you had me covered why after i was promised a refund did I never see any money?If you had me covered i would have got a phone call or email like this facebook page promised.Its all talk they will take your money then tell you its your problem.Good luck if you buy anything from them.

CTH8R

The F/B thread on CT battery-related products is a great source of information ... about how much they suck!

Andrew James Booster packs suck from CT I bought one and it won't hold a charge and when its full it won't boost my vehicle either. When I sent an email to customer service at head office they just brushed me off like it was something I was doing wrong.

CTH8R

Not much on battery issues - maybe due to warmer weather?

Minh C.: I bought the car battery about 2 years ago and it is still under warranty (8 years warranty as they said) . last night I have the problem to start my car. it did not boot up so i had to ask the taxi driver to help me to boot it up and had to pay $ 10.00 each time total i had to pay $30.00 because after i turn my car off i wont turn on . i need 3 times to boot up. to day i brought my car to canadian tire shop where i bought the battery at St. Clair and weston . i ask them to check it and the manager at the auto shop name Robert. told me that he go to charge me $19.00 for checking the battery and cost of replace the another battery is $35.00. i told him give a break because I paid $30.00 for defect battery from your shop. he said he dont care. i have to pay for what the store policy made. it makes me mad. because i trust the product of canadian tire and i have to pay for the consequences. you know what they said the battery is warranty for 8 years when i bought it. you know what he said he dont care if you dont like it call the canadian tire complain. that is the nice !!!!!! attitude right ?. i would like the right canadian tire answer ?

CTH8R

Sadly typical customer service ....

Dean C.: dear canadian tire estevan
i purchased a battery for my car in 2011 i tryed to return it yesterday cause it woulnt take charge i couldnt find the reciept so they charged me 70.00 to get a replacement for a 3 year free replacement battery so i go to pay for it NOTE CREDIT UNION DEBIT CARDS DONT WORK THERE go to atm go back pay then denise finds the reciept i go back for refund today the lady rolls her eyes and says cant do it today come back tommarow ????????????wtf canadian tire estevan sucks balls
Like · Reply · 5 hours ago

CTH8R

Jerry R.: I bought a battery with a lifetime warranty I had problems & when I tried to return it I was informed it wasn't a lifetime warranty! Even having the warranty to show they refused to honor it-one of many reasons I refuse to shop at Canadian Tire

CTH8R

Erin D-T.: I had to pay for my battery replacement while it was still well under warranty! That is where my frustration lies... I am 38 years old and have given much business to Canadian Tire...now their character and trustworthiness is lost with me...sad really! I feel like I have been scammed! Warranty does not mean anything to them!

CTH8R

Tracylynn A.: I totally agree with you on the Battery issue, I to was ripped off and will never ever bye another one from them

CTH8R

Self M.K.: Went to get a battery there today on 2360 eglinton ave. west & asked politely for someone to just loosen the battery cables to put my new battery & they said they'd have to charge me the hourly rate.(just to loosen a battery cable) & I even said if do it myself because those guys there know nothing anyways.

CTH8R

Chase B.: Also charging my grandparents $280 for replacing a warranty battery because it takes 4 hours of labour? I took it out and put it back in in 45 mins even having to get at it through the wheel well. Here is an idea. Train your staff and hire actual mechanics and not highschool kids that mechanical background is shop class. Never will I ever get anything done at any or your stores again. If I had a choice between you guys or fixing my car myself I'd make do with the crescent wrench and tape I have in the trunk of my car. And stop gouging the elderly! I could have pulled that condescending prick across the counter after how he talked to me about how much it would cost tor that battery job like I was some child. Next time the battery comes.back through the window

CTH8R

Caroline D.: Really great warranty program for CT car battery. Had to pay $100.90 to get a free defective battery. I think I was ripped off and should get my money back. CT auto rep told me I had to have my car checked for $54.95 to determine if it was indeed the battery. It indeed turned out to be the battery and after replacing the old battery, It cost me another $25.00 labor to put it in. I HATE Canadian Tire and will NEVER EVER take my car there for anything...not even another "FREE" battery.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Ryan W.: What about car batteries? If you buy the battery for $120 and you bring it in for replacement, they charge you the difference because the price has gone up. Come on... If you buy a new car at the dealership and take it in for repair under warranty, do you pay the $5000 that the cost of the car has gone up since you purchased? It's sickening.

CTH8R

Self M.K.: They tried to charge me just to loosen my battery cables because I bought a battery from them & wanted to switch it.I even said I would do it myself & no one would help until I opened my wallet.I called CAA instead while my car was parked directly in front their automotive centre.2360 Eglinton ave west.