CT Challenger

It's not necessary for the Crappy People to admit to anything, on this site or others.

It only matters that consumers get the information they need to make wise decisions.

Part of that information, is watching how Crappy People respond to legitimate concerns raised by the public, on this forum and others like it.

Rather than admit to their errors, and taking corrective action, the resort to lies and verbal attacks on ordinary consumers.

Unfortunately, if the Crappy People want to use this site to vent their spite, there's nothing we can do to stop them. But it only makes them look worse to consumers.

The bottom line is: this site is a resource for consumers to share information.

And the crappy behaviour of the Crappy People is just more information.

Guest-0276

Posted by an unregistered user
The full idiocy of it all shows up when you open your mouth! Situations that happen in one or two stores every couple of years do not make history for a company. Billions of dollars, millions of customers and over 50,000 employees strong. There will be upset customers sometimes. There will be poor management decisions sometimes. there will be defective products sometimes. There will be unhappy or rude employees sometimes. If it was all the time, most of the time or even a lot of the time, we'd be out of business. Too bad for you, we're not, and we won't be.

So your STFU means ummmm zero.

You want to talk about ignoring things, how about a comment on the Staples investigation? Play ball, you're up jackass

Ah there it is, the speech...50000 toadies, mega mega billions. You're all millionaires but can't prove it. Martha's so rich that's she's never been on the rich list, your revenues, profits growing year after year but your own financials show different blah blah blah grow up!

Again, CT dealer owner fearless leader redshirt-wannabe millionaire, you picked the fights with customers. You don't like that we can prove you lied on many fronts, prove illegal activities. You opened up a can of worms as a lot of people have taken you to task for it and it's all in the public records :). You want some more of that? Care to make any more exaggerated claims?

As for your future and being around? That's a maybe. You should include fortune telling with your encyclopedic knowledge of the back of the receipts, that in your policies, supersedes any and all consumer protections legislations, federally, and provincially all across canada. Which is unfortunate for me because I can't read it. Somebody's social insurance number is in the way.

CT Me / Lawguy

You got one part of that right........fearless!

I fear not the impact of this website that has half a dozen haters and two dealers posting on a regular basis. Didn't hurt, doesn't hurt, won't hurt.

I fear not litigation over anything that you claim is illegal as I know our practices are 100% within the laws, rules, bylaws and regulations that I am governed by as a business, a retailer, a corporation and an owner.

I fear not another US retailer coming to Canada as they will not take us out of business, just like the last 3 didn't succeed in taking us out of business. We are and will adjusting accordingly in certain categories and continue in business every day.

Guest-0276

You guys continue to be ridiculous on most fronts.

Nobody said women are subservient LOL In fact my number one two and three in this store are all women, as are my office manager and accountant. The comment was WITHOUT RETAIL, your wife would be sewing clothes and you would be growing food. Why? Because there would be nowhere to buy stuff.

That's some achievement for women right there working in a crappy retail store. I can tell they've aimed their goals high for that one lol.

As for the without retail comment, you're too stupid to understand...maybe your wife would sit there, take your crap and sew your shirts for you. But a real women would park you in your place and have you clean out toilets with a tooth brush with a comment like that.

~independent woman

CT Me / Lawguy

That's some achievement for women right there working in a crappy retail store. I can tell they've aimed their goals high for that one lol.

As for the without retail comment, you're too stupid to understand...maybe your wife would sit there, take your crap and sew your shirts for you. But a real women would park you in your place and have you clean out toilets with a tooth brush with a comment like that.

~independent woman

Wow interesting that you can begin your statement by taking cheap shots at women who work in retail and then turn right around and say men should be put in their place by women who make comments.

I'm not sure which term I prefer to use to describe this. Two faced? hypocrit?

As far as me being too stupid, well you may select option B then. Option B is without retail what options do you have? No stores to shop in. So you're getting your clothes where? You're getting your food where? Household items where?

By the way, real relationships aren't built on anyone putting anyone "in their place"

You have successfully negated every positive part of trying to defend womens rights by your ignorant last few sentences. Well done faker advocate / indpendent woman

Guest-0276

Wow interesting that you can begin your statement by taking cheap shots at women who work in retail and then turn right around and say men should be put in their place by women who make comments.

I'm not sure which term I prefer to use to describe this. Two faced? hypocrit?

As far as me being too stupid, well you may select option B then. Option B is without retail what options do you have? No stores to shop in. So you're getting your clothes where? You're getting your food where? Household items where?

By the way, real relationships aren't built on anyone putting anyone "in their place"

You have successfully negated every positive part of trying to defend womens rights by your ignorant last few sentences. Well done faker advocate / indpendent woman

More attempts at deceit from you. As somebody has already said before without BAD retail like crappy tires the landfill would be a little lighter and our purses a little heavier. As for your examples of womens stellar achievements in your crappy store, get real! It was your comment about women sewing [a mans] clothes that caught our attention. That comments not too far from staying barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen now is it? Coming from your 'stellar' record on the truth and numerous consumer and privacy violations it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Don't worry, I'll only share your little comment with a few more women.

Guest-0276

I have some household items to pick up. I think I'm going across the parking lot to walmart for that.

Guest-0276

I have some household items to pick up. I think I'm going across the parking lot to walmart for that.

While you're at it faker advocate / independent woman pick up the groceries and some needle and thread too for your man.

I can see the vein in her neck popping out.

CT Me / Lawguy

Typical of EXACTLY how you behave on here. Immature, one sided and ignorant.

nobody made a sexist comment! You just turned it into a sexist comment. Share it with all the women you like, that should account for atleast 3 people. Just be sure to have them read the AcTUAL comment, not your version of it. You know the one where you insult all retailers, and then insult women in retail. Yes that's the one.

Now go trotting across the street to Walmart and get your household goods. Keep supporting United States companies, you're a real homegrown hero.

CT Challenger

Now go trotting across the street to Walmart and get your household goods. Keep supporting United States companies, you're a real homegrown hero.

Consumers can reasonably conclude that Crappy Tire is operating dishonestly, is taking advantage of naive consumers, systematically break the laws, insulting consumer in general (and women in particular), and providing generally poor service.

In such cases, these consumers should feel no obligation to support that these greedy and arrogant retailers, simply because they have the word "Canadian" in their store name.

The onus is on the Crapp Retailer to clean up their act, and not on consumers to sacrifice themselves in order to keep them viable.

CT Challenger

The "return policy" thread has many reports of Crappy Tire stores recording (not just 'confirming') personal information.

Despite repeated requests, no evidence has been presented to verify that this information is NOT being recorded, either on paper of using computers.

If the Crappy People are willing hand out copies of their own employees' SIN information, consumers should be very wary of giving these stores any information that has been deemed unnecessary by the relevant agencies.

CT Me / Lawguy

The "return policy" thread has many reports of Crappy Tire stores recording (not just 'confirming') personal information.

Despite repeated requests, no evidence has been presented to verify that this information is NOT being recorded, either on paper of using computers.

If the Crappy People are willing hand out copies of their own employees' SIN information, consumers should be very wary of giving these stores any information that has been deemed unnecessary by the relevant agencies.

So really what you're saying is that the Government Investigator, either lied in her report about a December same year follow up to the returns system redesign, or she didn't follow up and do her job as outlined in an official report?

Now where's the top litigator wife of yours. Surely she'd like to tackle such a matter. Two birds, she can go after Canadian Tire and the Government all in one go. Impressive

CT Challenger

So really what you're saying is that the Government Investigator, either lied in her report about a December same year follow up to the returns system redesign, or she didn't follow up and do her job as outlined in an official report?

Read the report. You'll see there's no reason to claim that anybody lied.

There is no indication that any of the 'recommendations' were acted upon, or followed up on.

Nice try, though.

Guest-0276

nobody made a sexist comment! You just turned it into a sexist comment. Share it with all the women you like, that should account for atleast 3 people. Just be sure to have them read the AcTUAL comment, not your version of it. You know the one where you insult all retailers, and then insult women in retail. Yes that's the one.

I park at Canadian Tire where's it's empty most of the time and walk across the parking lot to Walmart. It's always busy there, and never enough parking. Did you even see the specials on tools!

Guest-0276

Oh you mean these comments quoted from you directly

" your wife would be
sewing your clothes from bulk fabric!!!"

your wife would be sewing clothes

Oh now you're crying because I'm doing my shopping at Walmart. That's right. Walmart because you're nothing but a sexist ignorant SOB who's one-sided policies actually hurt me, the customer. Didn't your CEO just say that 20% of your customers are responsible for 80% of your sales? And if conventional business metrics still apply aren't women responsible for most of those purchases?

You think I'm going to support a business with crappy customer service just because you're Canadian? Gimme an Efing break. Call me what you want I'll shop where I'm appreciated. By the way, Walmart also hires locally and supports local charities as well. Let's see my sons need new hockey equipment...I'll place an order for the US.

Guest-0276

Here's a likely scenario. If we were to provide any proof, i GUARANTEE one of you haters would come back and say we doctored the screen shot or were lying. You'd NEVER accept that you were wrong. So here's your own test. stroll into Canadian Tire. Go purchase something for 10 bucks. Go grab a coffee at Tim Hortons, come back 20 minutes later and return it. As they are asking for your information, ask them to turn the screen so you can see for yourself.

I already know the answer. Find it out for yourself

PS - back to the OP of this thread, receipts are absolutely required to return an item if the retailer chooses so. As discussed and proven previously, returns are not mandated, they are a luxury that most retailers provide. As such, they may set their own rules around those returns as long as they honour warranty terms for defective items. Returns for unused items with documentation is 100% up to the discretion of the retailer. Most have a 90 day policy. They are bound by this policy because they post it.

Oh you mean what happened to the couple at store #168 wasn't supposed to happen? Even though the store was bound by the policy as you say, the store didn't honor it and didn't refund the money for the item?!!??! So much for your 90 day policy! LOL. Hilarious.

Guest-0276

Here's a likely scenario. If we were to provide any proof, i GUARANTEE one of you haters would come back and say we doctored the screen shot or were lying.

sure there millionaire wannabe. Just like you lied when you said you've never ever violated the privacy act. I wonder how many hr personnel forms are floating around as reciepts? And you say customer information is safe?c LOL. Hilarious.

Angry CT Guy

I love it when faker advocates think they have a bone, when in reality, they continue to prove, well, their fakerness.
Haven't seen any major news casts on CTC's privacy....but their have been some doosies for lots of other major institutions....ie. CIBC, Winners, Sony, the US government, and so on.
Then there is the little piece about faker advocates ignoring the over 600 sucks.com sites, pissed consumer, hissing kitty, complaints boards.....one would think that there isn't a single business doing ANYTHING right....but they all continue to exist and make money.
But my all time favorite is the lack of any REAL action....no calls to lawyers (including litigator wife, apparently), no Ellen Roseman call, nothing to the BBB, nothing to the ministry of consumer affairs, nothing to ANY legitimate person that would support their claims.
Yep, fakers all the way.

Don't forget to donate on this fine e-commerce site! LOL!

Angry CT Guy

Consumers can reasonably conclude that Crappy Tire is operating dishonestly, is taking advantage of naive consumers, systematically break the laws, insulting consumer in general (and women in particular), and providing generally poor service.

In such cases, these consumers should feel no obligation to support that these greedy and arrogant retailers, simply because they have the word "Canadian" in their store name.

The onus is on the Crapp Retailer to clean up their act, and not on consumers to sacrifice themselves in order to keep them viable.

Systematically? Really? Does faker advocate even know what constitutes systemic? I think not. Clearly some reliable and relevant advocate, agency, or legal professional would have jumped all over that. I haven't seen even ONE legitimate source say such a ridiculous claim. Was it this over exaggeration that got you banned from a CT store? Or was it one of your booze filled anger management issues? Just curious.