CT Challenger

Hmm. Another reference to lame-o Wikipedia, and some more insults.

Not very interesting, I'm afraid.

What I didn't see, were any examples (not even a description!) of anybody being convicted of "fraud" for using a receipt from a new item to return an old, unopened item.

No examples from your store (assuming you have one).

None from any store at all!

Still no evidence on conviction rates, I see. Are you sure really sure the "conviction rate is 100%"?

And still no evidence to support your claim that any deception is 'automatically' a crime of fraud.

Finally, still no evidence that someone posting here did something that meets all five separate elements of fraud (especially "injury").

Seems you don't have anything to back up your claims at all, LOL!

Well, don't sweat it. Everyone here already knows you're full of crap.

That's why you have to resort to sophmoric taunts about 'mental illness' and 'booze'.

Come back when you've got something relevant to say on the topic of ID and personal information.

Guest-0276

Posted by an unregistered user
Return fraud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here you are late night wacko faker advocate. Keep on spewing your "beliefs". People get to see you for what you really are.....a wacko and a faker, unless of course that was just another booze filled tirade.

No proof eh! All that yapping about convictions of receipt fraud and you can't show any proof at your store? Why is that? Is it because you're lying again and don't have any proof? And you're accusing consumer advocates on a booze filled tirade! LOL. Hilarious.

Is this coming from the same person, (lawguy alias) who challenged us to show one lawsuit against any retailer involving CPA because you were so sure that none existed. I believe you were given two cases. and then seeing you had egg all over your face, you changed the criteria again AFTER THE FACT, and then wanted proof that it was against a big retailer, with no defintions on "big". You didn't even look into the reasons why the plaintiffs won. That incident proved that you have no knowledge of the law and just another CT lier.

Angry CT Guy

No proof eh! All that yapping about convictions of receipt fraud and you can't show any proof at your store? Why is that? Is it because you're lying again and don't have any proof? And you're accusing consumer advocates on a booze filled tirade! LOL. Hilarious.

Is this coming from the same person, (lawguy alias) who challenged us to show one lawsuit against any retailer involving CPA because you were so sure that none existed. I believe you were given two cases. and then seeing you had egg all over your face, you changed the criteria again AFTER THE FACT, and then wanted proof that it was against a big retailer, with no defintions on "big". You didn't even look into the reasons why the plaintiffs won. That incident proved that you have no knowledge of the law and just another CT lier.

Now that the booze has worn off, you should take your Ritalin. Not wise to mix your booze and drugs.

Have fun reading this while you're coming down:

Canadian Fraud Laws.

CT Challenger

Hmm. More pathetic insults, I see.

Oh, an interesting link!

But it's all about businesses (like Crappy Tire!) defrauding consumers, LOL!

And it's not even a recognized site - just something some amateurs posted. Pretty funny!

So:

1 - Still no examples (not even a description!) of anybody being convicted of "fraud" for using a receipt from a new item to return an old, unopened item. Not from your store (assuming you have one). None from any store at all!

2 - Still no evidence on conviction rates, I see. Are you sure really sure the "conviction rate is 100%"?

3 - Does your latest definition say "deception is fraud"? Nope! So, still no evidence to support your claim that any deception is 'automatically' a crime of fraud.

4 - Still no evidence that someone posting here did something that meets all five separate elements of fraud (especially "injury").

Seems you don't have anything to back up your claims at all, LOL!

Well, don't sweat it. Everyone here already knows you're full of crap.

That's why you have to resort to sophmoric taunts about 'mental illness' and 'booze'.

Come back when you've got something relevant to say on the topic of ID and personal information.

Guest-0276

Targets can't come soon enough. 220 stores near you! I hope they expand their automotive line as I'm sick of seeing that simoniz.

Oh I'll be paying for all of that straight from my purse, on my credit card, without any of my money going to a sexist pig.

Angry CT Guy

Targets can't come soon enough. 220 stores near you! I hope they expand their automotive line as I'm sick of seeing that simoniz.

Oh I'll be paying for all of that straight from my purse, on my credit card, without any of my money going to a sexist pig.

Lmao....too bad they don't carry pressure washers, but do check out targets very own sucks.com site and the tons of complaints about their return policy, silly faker advocate with his multiple posting personalities. Too funny!

CT Challenger

Lmao....too bad they don't carry pressure washers, but do check out targets very own sucks.com site and the tons of complaints about their return policy, silly faker advocate with his multiple posting personalities. Too funny!

So, do you think Crappy Tire will survive Target?

Based on these comments, it doesn't look good:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...l-crappy-tire-survive-coming-competition.html

By the way, Target's site only says, "Photo ID may be required". It doesn't say they will records anything, and it doesn't say you will need to provide your address or phone number.

CT Me / Lawguy

I see you're still dodging the question of this mystery machine we are scanning drivers licenses into!
Where'd that go? Suddenly when challenged, you back off. What's the machine? or did you make something up again?

By the way, the link to a thread in this website showing "concern" that we will fail when Target comes in, well that's kind of pathetic. You're basically jumping up and down pouting screaming look what I did over here. You and I both know that those are your comments. Point me to a business analyst that says we are going bankrupt? Point to a business report that shows we are doomed to fail. I have not found one article that says we are in jeopardy.
Your opinion on the subject does not count. lol

CT Challenger

I see you're still dodging the question of this mystery machine we are scanning drivers licenses into!

Google says it only took 0.22 seconds to find this device:

Id Reader Snapshell IDR

"Canadian supported ID cards: Canadian Citizen ID, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, North West Territories, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan"

I'm sure there are others, and that a stripe reader already installed in a store could read various other formats, too.

Mystery solved!

Angry CT Guy

Google says it only took 0.22 seconds to find this device:

Id Reader Snapshell IDR

"Canadian supported ID cards: Canadian Citizen ID, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, North West Territories, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan"

I'm sure there are others, and that a stripe reader already installed in a store could read various other formats, too.

Mystery solved!

Too funny. I suppose you can claim anything you want on an anonymous faker advocate site. No proof, no reality, just opinion and supposition. And that's why you're a faker. LOL!

CT Challenger

Too funny. I suppose you can claim anything you want on an anonymous faker advocate site. No proof, no reality, just opinion and supposition. And that's why you're a faker. LOL!

Please explain what aspect of the earlier post regarding drivers' license scanners you believe to be inaccurate, or lacking in proof, etc.

Thank you!

Guest-0276

Where'd that go? Suddenly when challenged, you back off. What's the machine? or did you make something up again?

By the way, the link to a thread in this website showing "concern" that we will fail when Target comes in, well that's kind of pathetic. You're basically jumping up and down pouting screaming look what I did over here. You and I both know that those are your comments. Point me to a business analyst that says we are going bankrupt? Point to a business report that shows we are doomed to fail. I have not found one article that says we are in jeopardy.
Your opinion on the subject does not count. lol

Why are you even asking this forum? If you read the post completely, you would know the poster quoted a customer comment with quotations and even supplied the link. Go ask Ellen. Or better yet, since you're talking like you're a Canadian Tire owner, why don't you make a friendly call to them and post your findings here.

How to get a refund from Canadian Tire - moneyville.ca Blogs

Guest-0276

Why are you even attacking Target who's not even here yet? Are you really that afraid of them?

Guest-0276

[17] It further follows that the Calgary store contravened section 7(2),
since an organization cannot require someone to consent to collection of
personal information that is not necessary.

[10] Section 7(2) of PIPA is also relevant to this case. It provides as
follows:
An organization shall not, as a condition of supplying a product or
service, require an individual to consent to the collection, use or
disclosure of personal information about an individual beyond what
is necessary to provide the product or service.

Angry CT Guy

[17] It further follows that the Calgary store contravened section 7(2),
since an organization cannot require someone to consent to collection of
personal information that is not necessary.

[10] Section 7(2) of PIPA is also relevant to this case. It provides as
follows:
An organization shall not, as a condition of supplying a product or
service, require an individual to consent to the collection, use or
disclosure of personal information about an individual beyond what
is necessary to provide the product or service.

It is necessary for returns as indicated on the return policy to prevent fraud. Many stores have a similar policy. Photo ID may be required to verify. Standard at most retailers.

Guest-0276

It is necessary for returns as indicated on the return policy to prevent fraud. Many stores have a similar policy. Photo ID may be required to verify. Standard at most retailers.

The law trumps your store policy. And to be clear, you do more than just look at the ID. Which is what got you in trouble in the first place.

Don't worry. I won't be shopping at your stores any time soon.

CT Challenger

"Most"?

Do you mean "more than 90%"?

More than 75%?

50%"?

You've obviously done a thorough assessment of all the retailers who operate in Canada, before daring to make such a claim.

So, please provide your list of retailers who do and who don't require photo ID.

While you're at it, be sure to include retailers who, like Crappy Tire, have been found guilty of recording information that is in violation of the province in which they conduct business.

Thanks you!

Guest-0276

In my opinion, I think a policy like that, and their poor attitude in requiring private customer information would discourage returns and go to profits.

CT Me / Lawguy

The law trumps your store policy. And to be clear, you do more than just look at the ID. Which is what got you in trouble in the first place.

Don't worry. I won't be shopping at your stores any time soon.

Actually the law says that you can collect personal information for certain purposes. The investigator for the Calgary store OOPS concluded that it is reasonable taht for the prevention of returns fraud, name address and phone number, and viewing ID to verify said information is absolutely reasonable! Stated in the document. So yes law trumps policy, but the law has spoken and said the practice is reasonable for its purpose. JUST TO BE CLEAR ahaha

Secondly, it was not me, or anyone on here that got in trouble. Or all stores, or the Corporation. It was a single store that got in trouble, 3 or 4 years ago. Your blanket statements are tiresome. Just because one, doesn't mean all.

CT Challenger

... it was not ... anyone on here that got in trouble.

Really? You are 100% certain about that?

You absolutely, positively know who it was who "got in trouble", do you?

And you absolutely, with 100% certainly know for sure that not even ONE of those people are "on here"?

What do you do - monitor the internet usage of every single on of them, 24/7?

At their homes, businesses, iPads, and internet cafe visits?

Are you really saying that you do all that?

Are you sure you aren't just exaggerating just a tiny little bit?

Huh?