romanas

Here is my story, just happened less than 1hr ago.

I was planning to replace the front dampers on my car and first went to the Fairview location to inquire about renting the spring compressing tool. It was already loaned out so I tried Parts Source, theirs was out too. So I decided to call the Appleby and Upper Middle location so I don't have to drive there too. As soon as the guy at the parts countered picked the phone he placed me on hold without even asking if I'm ok with it. 26 minutes later (not a single time anyone bothered to pick the phone again and at lest let me know how much longer I had to wait) he picks it again with a really lame apology (could sense from a mile how much he cared I was on hold fot that long). So I asked if they have the tool available and after he went and checked he confirmed they had it available. I rushed to get there since they had no option to hold it for me and the first guy I talked to (not the same as the guy on the phone) very bluntly said that they can't give me the tool because it's unsafe, it has a pin broken. Hardly any apology for the trouble and no interest in really trying to help me out at all. I'm a calm guy but that really ticked me off so I told him I wasn't going to just walk out of the store just like that. I called and was on hold for nearly half an hour just to avoid an unnecessary drive to this store for nothing, the wasted time, fuel, energy, meant nothing to them. I asked to speak to the guy who put me on hold (by the way the Parts area was so dead I just couldn't imagine why someone would just place me on hold for 26 min without even checking on me once) and after checking at the back he said it was his part time guy who did it (how convenient, eh!) and again, a very tone-less apology but at least this time he offered to call the Trafalgar & Dundas location for me (who did have it available and let me borrow it when I got there later on). I left the Parts department and went to the Customer Care asking to speak to a Manager. Try to imagine how shocked I was when I saw that the guy I just talked to was the one in charge. You would expect a Manager to have a bit more knowledge about dealing with a situation like this. I told him again that I wanted to place an official complaint at which he did nothing but express "how sorry he was about all that".

I dealt with a lot of customer-facing representatives and never felt as frustrated as I feel now. This is one store you won't see me walk in anytime soon, that's for sure. Now it's time to find a way to complain about it on their own website (just for the heck of it, I doubt it would make any difference)

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:

Guest-0061

Posted by an unregistered user
Yet another compelling reason to boycott Canadian Tire. Just about every damned one of their stores is rife with the same anti-customer attitude. Canadians will never wise up though because, and excuse the crudeness of this metaphor, we like to take it up the ass.

Guest-0061

Yes, that is a simple solution and an excellent one at that. It'll drive Canadian Tire out of business.

Guest-0190

I dont really think canadian tire gives a rats ass anyway weather you go
somewhere else or not remember lots of people live in canada
they know theres always the next sucker that will come along i
worked at ct and it sucked crappy wages and short hours so
dont expect them to bend over backwards for you

Guest-0191

I dont really think canadian tire gives a rats ass anyway weather you go
somewhere else or not remember lots of people live in canada
they know theres always the next sucker that will come along i
worked at ct and it sucked crappy wages and short hours so
dont expect them to bend over backwards for you

That's why I refuse to darken their threshold.

Guest-0475

As the manager who dealt with this customer I understand his frustration at the length of time he was on hold and finally being unable to get the tool he needed from us. I did call another location for him in order to check that they had the tool and it was in working order. I apologized to him repeatedly. It's not worth it for me to deliberately piss off customers...but I was not going to give a customer a spring compressor with one missing and one broken safety pin. If I didn't care I would have sent you off with a tool that could potentially kill you.

Guest-0475

i can see why he was frustrated.

26 minutes on hold.

Almost 2 years to address the issue here.

As I have just recently been made aware of this site and this complaint I won't be shamed for the response time of addressing the issue. and I seriously doubt the guy was on hold for 26 minutes...but anything over a couple of minutes without someone at least checking in is unacceptable and irritating and anyone stupid enough to stay on hold that long needs to give himself shake.

CT Challenger

As I have just recently been made aware of this site and this complaint I won't be shamed for the response time of addressing the issue.

still it took you over 2 weeks to respond with a follow-up.

not a very good track records for 'customer service'

i can see why people wouldn't like your store

and I seriously doubt the guy was on hold for 26 minutes...and anyone stupid enough to stay on hold that long needs to give himself shake.

typical

instead of addressing the source of the problem, you call the customer a liar, and say they are stupid

people like you are the reason sites like this exist