CT Challenger

Well, it’s pretty clear that the couple in question won’t be coming back to address all the new allegations being concocted, to justify the appalling customer service they received from this shady business.

So, the Crappy People are taking advantage of that, by inserting their own self-serving version of the events, confident that other consumers will never really know what went on.

But we do know a thing or two about this couple. For one, they were unhappy enough to do what many of our fellow consumers have done: take a few minutes of their own, precious time, to warn their others of the hazards of dealing with Crappy Tire in general, and the store at Major Mac in Markham in particular. Yes, we know the couple were generous with their time, and concerned for other consumers. Good for them!

We also know that the Crappy People have been lying about it ever since, and not even taking the time to agree on which set of lies to tell.

For instance, we know from the couple that they were refused a refund around August 1st, and hadn’t seen any money by the 8th. This is supported by the posting of the 11th, supposedly from the store itself (ha-ha!), offering a refund. And yet we see another post, on the 22nd, claiming that the couple “did get their money back that same day returning the tree”.

Yes, the Crappy People can’t even agree on which lie to tell.

And how about the issue of stores getting credit for dead cedars? One Crappy Person wrote, “the store gets full credit back on their tree or shrub”, but another claimed, “the store does not receive compensation”.

Again, they can’t agree on which lie to tell.

If one cares to dig deeper, there are many other examples of lies and contradictions, even among the Crappy People, in posts where they claim to be telling “The real truth.”

So, should we believe the Crappy People, when they write that this generous and kind-hearted couple “were extremely abusive”? Should we believe the Crappy People when they wrote (2 weeks later) that the couple “threw the CT money at the cashier as they left the store?”

Should we say, “I guess the store at Major Mac in Markham would never lie for personal gain. I think I’ll start shopping there again”.

Of course not. Only a fool would fall for the latest round of self-serving BS.

Besides, there’s nothing at Crappy Tire (Major Mac or other stores, either), that you can’t get with a better return policy somewhere else.

CT Challenger

I've forwarded this website to corporation.

Yeah, right. As if the corporation somehow forgot all about this site, after trying to get it shut down, and is totally dependent on newbies like you to keep them informed. LOL!

My hope is that this type of set of circumstances continue, where one side of the story is told, the CT can come back with theirs, and the truth comes back.

Oh, great! Now, every time a customer posts a warning about a bad store, a couple of CT Liars are going to flood the thread with more bogus claims of "abusive" customers who magically got their money back before they even posted.

Some of the stories I read here leave me bewildered, wondering "why would a manager do that?".

After you've read more complaints on this and other sites, you'll have a better feel for how much Crappy Tire sucks, and won't be so easily confused.

Good going 164! They had a tough customer recently, who almost got their money back! Good thing the threat of calling Security moved them right along! The owner and manager wouldn't be pleased if they'd lost money on a cedar tree, no matter how many the customer bought. But tomorrow, the staff will be at that customer service counter, ready to refuse more legitimate returns from someone else. Blind defenders can chew on that for a while.

Guest-0276

Posted by an unregistered user
Store 164 I've noticed you've neglected to mention threatening the couple with security and perhaps the police. Could that, and the initial poor treatment by your store, and their time wasted dragging a dead tree back and forth be the reason for such resentment?!?! They wanted their money back but got a store credit instead. In a lot of cases those credits need to be used immediately. Now why is that? That little bit about throwing "Crappy Tire coupons" and being "extremely abusive" during a refund is a tired and stale embellishment. Yes, two sides to every story and CT's side is getting a little hard to believe. Your colleagues have been bragging for the longest time about calling police on customers who aren't able to get a fair refund.

By the way, for a retailer that's been in business for that long, should you really be getting tripped up over a simple return/ exchange. It seems so as you've made it harder for customers to do just that! I'm glad those people, those customers who spent $400 at your store stuck to their guns. It doesn't surprise me any about your poor attitude of pointing the finger at the customer as CT has gotten worse over the years. Another example of where CT sucks, you still don't fix cars right either and infact have been shown to pad the repair bill regularly. Hence CT's ongoing "car" reputation.

You see we're all too aware of CT's suspect heavy hands when dealing with customers and employees and can't trust a thing you say.

Forced Resignation Proves Costly for Employer

Canadian Tire store sells questionable repairs - British Columbia - CBC News

W5: An undercover probe of Canadian garages - CTV News
Thanks for link to the employment lawfirm! I'm in a similar situation with (we won't mention them by name) and need some help in that regard.

N

Never again

Yeah, being abusive toward people doing their jobs is totally justified over a $20 tree quabble which was precipitated by a language barrier.

Some objectivity, please.

I'm not an owner, I have no personal gain for sticking up for Canadian Tire. It's a huge company with tens of thousands of employees. There are bad apples, every large company has to deal with them. What you talk about is .01% (if that) of the transactions that take place for the long standing and reputable company.

Just most of what goes on here is blatant bias which blames the "whole chain" for small things. A lot of misinformation here, and when they're corrected.. they ignore it and just bring up something else.

Just looking for something to bitch about pretty much. That's what's stumping this forum from growing to something productive.

Well, I'll tell you something CT Manager. I had a very bad experience at a store in Oshawa, Ontario in late 2002. That experience left me with such a bad taste in my mouth that I have never patronized ANY Canadian Tire since. Even the customer relations hotline you people have is a joke. They just take what the dealer says at face value and don't pursue anything.
I hope the Canadian Tire in Oshawa enjoyed the approximately $300.00 that they ripped off from me, because it has cost them a lifetime of any other purchases I would have made in the entire chain. Ask yourself if such a scenario is worth it for a business.

N

Never again

Lmao.....check out all the other 600 sucks.com sites. Good luck finding a business that doesn't have detractors. It's
the Canadian (American) way after all.
By the way, 2nd quarter sales numbers are in...CTC saw same store sales up by over 5%, Walmart down for 9th consecutive quarter, Sears....way, way down. Yep, we must be losing the customer service battle alright!

I've got news for you. You don't build a business by essentially saying, "Look, we're doing so well that we don't need you people!"

CT_MANAGER

Well, I'll tell you something CT Manager. I had a very bad experience at a store in Oshawa, Ontario in late 2002. That experience left me with such a bad taste in my mouth that I have never patronized ANY Canadian Tire since. Even the customer relations hotline you people have is a joke. They just take what the dealer says at face value and don't pursue anything.
I hope the Canadian Tire in Oshawa enjoyed the approximately $300.00 that they ripped off from me, because it has cost them a lifetime of any other purchases I would have made in the entire chain. Ask yourself if such a scenario is worth it for a business.

I never wrote any of that

CT Challenger

Lmao.....check out all the other 600 sucks.com sites. Good luck finding a business that doesn't have detractors. IQUOTE]

So typical of the Crappy People to find any excuse for their own poor behaviour.

People are reporting rude Crappy staff? Well, other stores, have rude staff, too, so we don't have to fix our problems.

Use the other stores as an excuse to set the bar even lower!

Nice job, Rude Crappy People!

Guest-0276

I finally got around to checking the other Crappy Tire sucks site, and my gawd. Have you ever pissed off helluva lot of customers.

Take one example, a lady sends in a suggestion that the store actually call the customers when the items are in, well because, just because she shops there and has nothing else better to do. So what happens next? The owner Bart White, emails her back that they don't do those things for the customer and bans her from the store ! LOL. Hilarious.

Guest-0483

I finally got around to checking the other Crappy Tire sucks site, and my gawd. Have you ever pissed off helluva lot of customers.

Take one example, a lady sends in a suggestion that the store actually call the customers when the items are in, well because, just because she shops there and has nothing else better to do. So what happens next? The owner Bart White, emails her back that they don't do those things for the customer and bans her from the store ! LOL. Hilarious.

They unwittingly did her a favour. I banned myself from their stores (all of them) years ago. I couldn't be happier with that decision.

Angry CT Guy

They unwittingly did her a favour. I banned myself from their stores (all of them) years ago. I couldn't be happier with that decision.

Too bad millions of Canadians don't share the same view. Makes you wonder why?
Now the stories on say, walmart's impact on a community, now that's a good read. Even have an entire 1 hour investigative report on the Passionate Eye. Interesting.

Guest-0276

Too bad millions of Canadians don't share the same view. Makes you wonder why?
Now the stories on say, walmart's impact on a community, now that's a good read. Even have an entire 1 hour investigative report on the Passionate Eye. Interesting.

Don't forget to deny those rightful returns. After all, it goes towards your profits!

Guest-0276

I'm with you on that one. I stopped going there years ago too after they F'dUP my car. I was a student then and couldn't get the Store owner to own up to the damage. I've learned that lesson well and today, well things are different. My family doesn't go there at all. We don't look at the flyers and toss it. Our kids understand that we only buy from reputable stores.

Angry CT Guy

I'm with you on that one. I stopped going there years ago too after they F'dUP my car. I was a student then and couldn't get the Store owner to own up to the damage. I've learned that lesson well and today, well things are different. My family doesn't go there at all. We don't look at the flyers and toss it. Our kids understand that we only buy from reputable stores.

Nice fake post! So easy to spot.