Here is what CT calls an oil change.(1)remove old oil filter
(2) drain transmission fluid
(3) replace plug, replace with new oil filter
(4) combine new oil with old oil in oil pan & over fill without checking level
(5) say your transmission oil level is good when the dipstick is bone dry
My transmission is now damaged

C

CT Manager

Appears one guy made a mistake, a bad one. Not the corporation as a whole. Do you know how many oil changes CT does in a year with no complaints, with people coming back for more?

I hope you're being reimbursed for your day and having any repairs paid for.

CT Challenger

Appears one guy made a mistake, a bad one. Not the corporation as a whole. Do you know how many oil changes CT does in a year with no complaints, with people coming back for more?

If this were an isolated incident, than it wouldn't be a big deal.

The reality is, this is fairly typical of the type of service that it commonly reported, on this site and on others.

It's possible that some of the workers at some Crappy Tire service centers do some OK work, but the number of reported problems is alarming, and many people have learned not to trust them at all.

The problem is systemic, and continues to go unaddressed, despite various news reports and hidden-camera stories exposing the shocking lack of training and supervision, across the chain. It is very rare to hear of a service manager who does not simply shrug their shoulders, and make up some excuse.

Rather than defending each incident in isolation, Crappy Tire should be looking into these wide-spread problems, and finding a corrective action. Possibly the financial incentives to cheat customers should be reviewed.

In the meantime, wise consumers are letting one-another know about these terrible cases, so that others do not fall victim.

NeverCtAgain

Well, incredible, we are Dec 2016 and the same reported story happened to me last week except for the transmission oil which is OK since I have a new car. I regret deeply serving my car at CT Angrignon. They overfilled and the oil looks the same color before. Which means they didn't flush the old oil. TOTAL DISTRUST NOW... and I will never shop again anything at CT wherever it's located.