CTH8R

OK, here's the back-peddling we were expecting, from the SAngryTroll.

But in additionl to the SAngryTroll trying to re-write what they posted, they are now attempting to re-write what the consumers posted, too.

This is a well-used tactic of the CTers: put words in someone's mouth, and then argue about it.

Anyone who cares to, can see what was written at https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...goods-ct-has-worst-policies-29.html#post11694, and again at https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...mers-want-more-restrictions-more-options.html

Let's not fall for these tricks, nor waste any more time confronting this disgusting Troll on their devious behaviour.

Last edited:

Sangria5

OK, here's the back-peddling we were expecting, from the SAngryTroll.

But in additionl to the SAngryTroll trying to re-write what they posted, they are now attempting to re-write what the consumers posted, too.

This is a well-used tactic of the CTers: put words in someone's mouth, and then argue about it.

Anyone who cares to, can see what was written at https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...goods-ct-has-worst-policies-29.html#post11694, and again at https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...mers-want-more-restrictions-more-options.html

Let's not fall for these tricks, nor waste any more time confronting this disgusting Troll on their devious behaviour.

Writing the spew that I often see from 8her (no Rob Ford inference) kind of proves the point. Most people can read any blog and make their own opinion. When someone like 8her pushes their view on others, I'm thinking they are trying to hide something. The majority just doesn't seem to agree.

CTH8R

Nothing added by The SAngryTroll - just the same old misrepresentations, and now also insults directed at the regular posters, and false accusations.

But nothing that could mislead consumers - let's not waste any more time confronting this disgusting The SAngryTroll on their devious behaviour.

1wildhorse

You absolutely should have got a refund or an exchange. That's a no brainer, as long as your story is true. After all this is the Internet and I have no idea how credible you are. My point to the CBC article is that hundreds of people don't like paying for the dishonest, "try me out" and return it customer. CT8her, aka Galenger want a no questions asked return policy. No trying to prevent fraud, the customer is always right attitude. The VAST majority disagree. I am in Ontario, not that it matters. I'm not defending anyone, just simply pointing out the obvious holes in a "couple" of peoples views. I use a "couple" loosely because the 3 posters here sound like the same person.
yes i should.which is why the REPAIR ONLY POLICY is BAD......

CTH8R

The SAngryTroll is here only to disrupt and offend.

Let's not waste any more time confronting the disgusting SAngryTroll on their devious behaviour.

CT Challenger

Oh-oh!

Chicago Tribune

I'm sure the CTers will say they aren't worried. After all, they've got misplaced patriotism and residual loyalty from their past glory days to see them safety through the coming decades, LOL!

Too bad they also have:

- a growing reputation for low-quality products ("China Tire").
- poor customer service (worse than everybody except Zellers - whoops!).
- terrible return policies (worst among all big retailers - Exchange Only, Repair Only, and ecen No Warranty!).
- a growing reputation for poor automotive service (despite recent failed attempts at a turn-around).

No wonder shares fell on news that Walmat is rampin' up spending on the continued expansion into Canada!

LMAO!

I can tell you for sure that the store in Olds is only surviving due to the fact that there is very little else in this town. They not only do everything possible to screw over their customers but they also treat their employees like dirt and then expect us to break our back for them and be loyal to their store. Being a parent I just had my hours reduced from full time to maybe 9 or 10 hours a week... at minimum wage... and expected to smile and say thank you when they tell me they just don't have any hours to give me... I have been with them for 2 years... and now not only do they not care about their employee that is begging them to give me more work time... they hire a new staff member at $12 an hour and then hire the store managers wife at an astounding $20 an hour. They 'overlooked' me when it was time for me to start receiving benefits and then tried to force me to sign off on them stating I must not want them. I refused to sign off on them but because it had been such a long time I had to complete a whole bunch of extra medical information and hoop jumping to apply... and then I was denied anyway because I was 'too high risk' and must be applying late because of illness. I have been due for an employee evaluation and raise for almost 18 months and have received neither. I asked them how I am supposed to feed my children and I was told I guess I need to get a second job. My manager has made me cry in front of customers on more than one occasion... They change our policies at a moment's notice and laugh at us when the customers are angry... I called for help one time because I had a customer that was on something and had me genuinely fearing for my safety throwing things around and screaming at me and instead of support... I was pulled aside and told that it was unnecessary for me to ask for assistance in this matter... the matter was already handled by one of the other ladies at cash by the time the manager had finished his lunch and decided to come and see what the commotion was. I feel horrible for our customers when they come in with things and are within warranty limits and still forced to send things away for repair... even when you can see obviously that it is not going to be repairable... or when they lose their receipts and stuff is still packaged unopened with the plastic on and they are treated by my manager like the probably stole it or couldn't possible have purchased it at our store... its mastercraft... where else could they have gotten it?... or they lose their receipt and are returned the lowest sale price in the last year... so they get $120 for a $700 item. We have foreign workers... they make $15 an hour to start... and they are picked on and ridiculed by our management... The general manager calls the boys in the warehouse his pets and gave them nicknames to match the names of his animals at home... he also constantly is making fun of our English girl and her accent... They fire anyone who disagrees with their decisions or who tries to make them play by the rules... if you try to push for your rights and make them obey the labor laws.. you get fired... they make schedules so people are left alone with no one to cover their area for a break... and then reprimand you for taking a break... I am pretty sure every last one of us would leave and take jobs we actually care about if there was anywhere else to go... I know we have a woman working there right now who has been with them for 7 years... and she only makes $11 an hour... what the hell is wrong with them?... I hope that it will change there... but I know it will not and as soon as I can get to where I have better options for work and availability seeing as my child is in kindergarten and home most of the time and my husband commutes... I'm out of there... Don't shop there people... it will be the worst mistake you ever make... They don't care about their employees... they care less about their customers.... It's a cesspool of discrimination and unfair treatment... Please don't support them.

1wildhorse

our hearts go out to you uncared for.we deal with the attitudes of mr owner and sangria on a daily basis who have similar attitudes to your management.basically we agree that these people are unscrupulous and dont give a flying fuck about anything other than how much money they can screw out of customers(and employees alike).the higher echelons of canadian tire i dont believe are even human,certainly they exhibit none of the signs of humanity others take for granted.we certainly agree with your plea not to support this horrible company,although im sure some of the pro cters here will probably react differently and blame the whole thing on you.its reprehensible the way they act.....

Owner 1

I think a new question is more accurate.

Will the incoming competition survive Canadian Tire?
Hey Target....are you listening? Good job North of the border hahahahhaa

CT Challenger

Well, I'm glad the new Crappy CEO has finally admitted in public just how much the store he inherited really does suck.

In fact, they think it'll take about $575 million a year, for 3 years, just to get people younger than 50 to come into the Red Triangle of Crap:

Canadian Tire out to woo younger shoppers - Business - CBC News

This coverage is also entertaining, trying up put a positive spin on the pit Crappy has dug for itself. Check out the Comments section - a place where the CT SysAdmin can't just delete anything they don't like:

http://t.thestar.com/#/article/busi...hift_billiondollar_digital_and_expansion.html

Sangria5

HaHa….faker advocates don't have much to say these days. Outside of your fake posts and clearly declining viewership, I wanted to take this opportunity to highlight your epic fails. Take a look at CTC's stock performance…especially compared to any other competitor…we win, I win…and you are the loser that you are….suck on that faker….but fakers don't usually like facts…LOL

CT Challenger

Another e-commerce article:

http://t.thestar.com/#/article/busi...er_canadian_retailers_in_the_dust_report.html

As usual, the (un-deleted) comment ps tell an interesting story. For instance, the one at the top (as of now) talks about Amazon.ca taking business from a Crappy 'brick-and-mortar' store:

redtiger
I like dealing with Amazon, when they have free shipping. There is a promo on right now that includes free shipping and I also like the fact that they deliver. I saved $50 from the price of Canadian Tire & got extra filters for a coffee maker that Canadian Tire doesn't carry. It saves me time, is more efficient and in this case, saved me money. I still shop on line at the various websites but this time Amazon.ca won

CT Challenger

Interesting story. Only after he left, would Wetmore confess to just how much Crappy sucked a few years ago. But naturally he's now claiming that it sucks less, after he's tried to fix things.

Interesting, how he's not even pretending he improved things at the Red Triangle of Crap stores, LOL!

What I found really interesting, was the explanation of why they just weren't able to make e-commerce work for them. It's the same root cause as many of their other problems: a network of dealers who do whatever they feel like, and no central head office.

Steven Wetmore on Canadian Tire real estate and e-commerce

CT Challenger

"A Rough Start"

“Canadian Tire had an attitude problem more than it had anything else,” Wetmore said. “[our brand] had slipped a bit."

Only "a bit"? lMAO!

Last edited:

Sangria5

"A Rough Start"

“Canadian Tire had an attitude problem more than it had anything else,” Wetmore said. “[our brand] had slipped a bit."

Only "a bit"? lMAO!

Just for you….on your failed e-commerce attempt. How you liking the performance this year of CTC? one of the top employers in Canada, awesome growth, especially compared to "perceived" competitors? in the mean time, I just had a spectacular year, doubled my CTC stock holdings net worth, bought a spectacular cottage….and I'll cheers you as I'm sipping on my beer, at the end of my dock….watching the sun set. Enjoy your 2015. Saw your latest Alexa rankings….tough making a go of it for you I guess.