Sangria5

Buahahahahahaha! Don't let the door hit you on the way out! Your poor bum.

UOTE=CT Challenger;12454]Well, I'm glad the new Crappy CEO has finally admitted in public just how much the store he inherited really does suck.

In fact, they think it'll take about $575 million a year, for 3 years, just to get people younger than 50 to come into the Red Triangle of Crap:

Canadian Tire out to woo younger shoppers - Business - CBC News

This coverage is also entertaining, trying up put a positive spin on the pit Crappy has dug for itself. Check out the Comments section - a place where the CT SysAdmin can't just delete anything they don't like:

http://t.thestar.com/#/article/busi...hift_billiondollar_digital_and_expansion.html[/QUOTE]

CT Challenger

Well, a very sad day for Canadian consumers, as there is now one less alternative to the greedy Red Shirts at Crappy Tire.

And I'll bet the Red Triangle of Crap people are overjoyed that some 17,000 of their fellow Canadians will soon be out of work.

Indeed, a very sad day for Canada. Our loss is The Crappy People's gain.

CTH8R

Another story about the lack of an effective online presence which will only get worse as it holds back Canadian companies.

Crapppy Tire will remain well behind the pack. Seriously? Customers have to pick it up at a Crappy store? Just to keep the Moaner Owners happy?

Sounds like yet another serious problem with up their dysfunctional and outdated 'Stealer Dealer' system.

And no meaningful improvement until 2017???

As U.S. retailers ramp up fight for online sales, Canadian companies sit back

Sounds like the sharper US retailers won't even have to set up shop north of the border - just ship all the goods from the US, straight to Canadian doorsteps, cutting out the morons at Crappy entirely! LMAO!

Last edited:

Owner 1

Oh-oh!

All the hoopla about that other US retailer, has overshadowed the steady growth of Crappy's long-standing competitor (not counting Looney Lizard, of course, LOL!)

https://www.wallstreet.org/2015/01/...-new-supercenter-stores-in-canada/148484.html

Do you research before you type?
Your words steady growth.... are you aware that in the last reported full year for Walmart Canada, same store sales Dropped 1.4% ?? nice growth.

Also if you read the article, it clearly states that the focus is GROCERY when they add super centers. Impact to Canadian Tire...... nothing.

CTH8R

I was trying to find those news stories, about Walmart's plan to invest $500 million in Canadian stores and online shopping.

I couldn't find any of the predictions from a year ago, but I did find this 'wrap-up' story.

Yup, 11 brand new stores, to chew away at Ol' Crappy's market share, and their minuscule 'sorry-we-will-only-ship-to-a-store' version of e-commerce.

Note that it's in Apparel Magazine, LOL!

Walmart Completes Canada Expansion With 11 NewSupercenters | News | Apparel Magazine(AM)

CTH8R

This is my favourite part, of how Walmart plans to beat Crappy at their own game:

"One-Stop Shopping

Walmart supercentres offer a full line of groceries including bakery goods, deli, meat and dairy products as well as fresh produce. This is in addition to the existing departments including electronics, home décor and apparel, creating a one-stop shopping destination dedicated to everyday low prices. Supercentres may also be home to a pharmacy, vision centre, connection centre for wireless services, photo centre, portrait studio, Tire & Lube Express for automotive services, Good to Go! Lotto, McDonald's, and Western Union."

New slogan idea: "There's a lot more to Walmart Canada, than Groceries."

LMAO!

Sangria5

This is my favourite part, of how Walmart plans to beat Crappy at their own game:

"One-Stop Shopping

Walmart supercentres offer a full line of groceries including bakery goods, deli, meat and dairy products as well as fresh produce. This is in addition to the existing departments including electronics, home décor and apparel, creating a one-stop shopping destination dedicated to everyday low prices. Supercentres may also be home to a pharmacy, vision centre, connection centre for wireless services, photo centre, portrait studio, Tire & Lube Express for automotive services, Good to Go! Lotto, McDonald's, and Western Union."

New slogan idea: "There's a lot more to Walmart Canada, than Groceries."

LMAO!

haha! i'm sure that you have now dropped Target as a competitor……that it's now onto the next, although Walmart has been around for 20 years, as the next best thing. Sorry….we've been kicking their ass for far longer than that…sorry, faker advocate, sorry. You lose yet again…and the 4th quarter results will show you yet again that the rich get richer and the poorer get the picture…..my advice……buy CTC stock