Guest-0367

Posted by an unregistered user
Another prime example of a ct hater just randomly typing away about how great Home Depot and others are, without actually KNOWING.

Let's summarize what really do know:

- Crappy Tire has the worst return policies of any major Canadian retailer, for unwanted and for defective items.
- In some cases, specific retailers aren't quite as good as the others, but they are always better than Crappy Tire.
- Crappy Tire makes it hard for consumers to find out their real return policies, but most retailers make it easy.
- Crappy People routinely post lies here about their policies, and about the policies of other retailers.

How long do you think these lies will hold up?

Will the addition of another, customer-focused competitor cause Canadians to wake up to the raw deal they get at Crappy Tire?

Will Crappy Tire survive the coming competition, from Target and others?

They will only survive if the Crappy People wake up and smell the strong coffee the Americans are brewin'.

Because Canadian consumers won't be asleep for much longer ...

Angry CT Guy

Let's summarize what really do know:

- Crappy Tire has the worst return policies of any major Canadian retailer, for unwanted and for defective items.
- In some cases, specific retailers aren't quite as good as the others, but they are always better than Crappy Tire.
- Crappy Tire makes it hard for consumers to find out their real return policies, but most retailers make it easy.
- Crappy People routinely post lies here about their policies, and about the policies of other retailers.

How long do you think these lies will hold up?

Will the addition of another, customer-focused competitor cause Canadians to wake up to the raw deal they get at Crappy Tire?

Will Crappy Tire survive the coming competition, from Target and others?

They will only survive if the Crappy People wake up and smell the strong coffee the Americans are brewin'.

Because Canadian consumers won't be asleep for much longer ...

LMAO, ROTFL

Did faker advocate even check out Target's sucks.com site? He's in for a pretty big surprise, unless he thinks it will be different when they come to Canada, like giving up the corporate culture in a new market....lol
How about Walmart? They have a whole 1 hour W5 program dedicated to their destruction of communities, not to mention their very own sucks.com site....lol. Home Depot? Links previously provided. Home Hardware? The same.
Sears? Ugly posts and sucks sites. Shall I continue? Why bother, links provided over and over and in faker advocates world.....black is white.
Just for the record.....donate button at the top, and payments can be made via pay pal in US dollars!

Angry CT Guy

That's the same info I've been finding with returns betweens Crappies and the other stores.

Mad crappy defender will throw out anything even other store policies that he'll gladly point out to everyone as bad. But when you actually read it, the customers getting treated fairly and not SHAFTED. How about that, CT shot themselves in the foot. It makes me want to read the other threads regarding the Sales of Goods Act

HomeDepot and the rest are in for my appliances purchase this week. Unfortunately for CT I've seen enough with my own eyes at the store to steer clear of you for car repairs and other things.

Really? No retailer has changed their return policy in say, the last year or so? They all have the same objective...profits and when that doesn't mesh....they make a change. Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids. And if you don't believe it, just check out the commentary on complaints boards, sucks.com sites, hissing kitty, pissed consumer, smart Canucks, redflags, etc. Etc.
Oh, and pick any other fortune 500 company or large capitalized company in Canada....same thing. Detractors for every one, but a small fraction of the actual number of people they serve.
If faker advocate is shooting for 100% customer satisfaction......just point out one that actually has it....just one....not to hard.....only ONE.....LOL!

CT Challenger

Not very original.

The Crappy People think they can dismiss all the complaints about them, by trying to dig up dirt on other companies.

They hope they can keep comparing themselves and their tiny Canadian market, to American stores and the American population, that's 10 times the size.

But the thing they keep trying to hide, is how much worse their policies are, than all the other Canadian retailers.

And that many of the complaints they face, are for exactly those policies.

No, they can't keep hiding forever. They can't keep lying their way out of it.

The truth is coming out.

And the competition is coming north.

Good job hiding your heads in the sand, Crappy People!

I'm sure the Americans will have pity on you, LOL!

Angry CT Guy

Not very original.

The Crappy People think they can dismiss all the complaints about them, by trying to dig up dirt on other companies.

They hope they can keep comparing themselves and their tiny Canadian market, to American stores and the American population, that's 10 times the size.

But the thing they keep trying to hide, is how much worse their policies are, than all the other Canadian retailers.

And that many of the complaints they face, are for exactly those policies.

No, they can't keep hiding forever. They can't keep lying their way out of it.

The truth is coming out.

And the competition is coming north.

Good job hiding your heads in the sand, Crappy People!

I'm sure the Americans will have pity on you, LOL!

LOL....me thinks faker advocate is a wee bit delusional. American retailers have been coming to Canada for the last 20 plus years. We're still here and thriving.
Links have been provided for every retailer's return policies...lots of nuances, lots of sucks.com sites.
I especially love how you've stopped calling the policies illegal with not even one example, not even ONE....where CTC or any other retailer has been accused of having an illegal return policy. Now it's about the "worst" return policy, in your opinion.
Nice try though, not all roses and love at the competitors....check out any sucks.com site.

Here's one for you:

Portage Canadian Tire honoured for making customers No. 1 - The Daily Graphic/Central Plains Herald-Leader - Manitoba, CA

When's the last time you saw customer service and Walmart, Home Depot or Home Hardware even mentioned in the same sentence? Do they even measure it?
Read the article, customers call in.....LoL....proof that faker advocate represents the 1% that aren't getting their own way.

CT Challenger

We're still here and thriving.

How's their stock prices? Still down, I see.

I see also that revenues fell last quarter, along with sames per square foot. That's just the start.

Links have been provided for every retailer's return policies...lots of nuances,
Not a lot of 'nuanace'. Just policies that are far better than Crappy Tire, in every instance. And every single store has a return policy that's better than Crappy Tire.

Luckily, we don't need to rely on the opinons of selv-interest store owners/managers.

The comparison for unwanted/unsatisfactory items start here: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...d-goods-ct-has-worst-policies-6.html#post4951

The comparison for defective items is here https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...pair-only-warranty-no-refund-no-exchange.html and here: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/general-canadian-tire-complaints-chat/707-sale-goods-act-6.html.

lots of sucks.com sites.

Yes, but even if others stores sucked as much as Crappy Tire, then, well, Crappy Tire still sucks!

Funny how Crappy Tire keeps showing up on American-run complaints sites.

I especially love how you've stopped calling the policies illegal with not even one example, not even ONE....where CTC or any other retailer has been accused of having an illegal return policy.

Don't forget: "against the law is illegal", and the laws say retailers have to provided a refund.

Now it's about the "worst" return policy

Yes, as proven over and over. And "against the law is illegal", don't forget!

Angry CT Guy

How's their stock prices? Still down, I see.

I see also that revenues fell last quarter, along with sames per square foot. That's just the start.

Links have been provided for every retailer's return policies...lots of nuances,
Not a lot of 'nuanace'. Just policies that are far better than Crappy Tire, in every instance. And every single store has a return policy that's better than Crappy Tire.

Luckily, we don't need to rely on the opinons of selv-interest store owners/managers.

The comparison for unwanted/unsatisfactory items start here: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...d-goods-ct-has-worst-policies-6.html#post4951

The comparison for defective items is here https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...pair-only-warranty-no-refund-no-exchange.html and here: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/general-canadian-tire-complaints-chat/707-sale-goods-act-6.html.

Yes, but even if others stores sucked as much as Crappy Tire, then, well, Crappy Tire still sucks!

Funny how Crappy Tire keeps showing up on American-run complaints sites.

Don't forget: "against the law is illegal", and the laws say retailers have to provided a refund.

Yes, as proven over and over. And "against the law is illegal", don't forget!

I'll take that one example now where Canadian Tire or ANY other retailer has been found to have an illegal return policy

I'm sure you've brought this to the attention of say, a lawyer? The media? Ellen Roseman? The better business bureau?

No, of course not. Because it's a lie and just your opinion....and we all know what that's worth.

CT Challenger

"I'll take that one example now where Canadian Tire or ANY other retailer has been found to have an illegal return policy"

Well, Crappy Tire's "repair only" and "no returns" policy for defective items is clearly contrary to the Sale of Goods Act, as well as the Consumer Protection Act. And well all know that "against the law is illegal".

It is policies like this that put Crappy Tire firmly in the 'discount retailer' category, where they go head-to-head with discount retailers. Good luck attracting consumers when they realize they can get similar goods at lower prices AND a decent return policy at the other retailers!

"it's a lie and just your opinion"

Well, which is it, now? Is it a lie, or an opinion? It can't be both.

Oh, never mind ... it's actualy the truth, as we've already been shown.

Thanks anyway!

CT Challenger

Really? No retailer has changed their return policy in say, the last year or so?

Really? A major Canadian retailer has made a significant change to their return policies in the pat 12 months? Which one? Please provide specifics. Thanks!

Oh, wait: maybe you mean the Crappy Tire policy on major appliances?

It's "no refunds, no exchanges, not ever".

Yeah, nice move Crappy Tire!

CT Challenger

Maybe the pressure of a new arrival from the south with better policies will finally make Crappy Tire clean up their act, and start to stand behind what they sell.

CT Challenger

The Crappy People who post here say there's no threat from the coming competition from US retailers like Target.

But the Crappy CEO's at least don't have their heads buried in the sand - they are bracing themselves for the coming onslaught

Check out this G&M report:

Prospect of Target’s arrival has Canadian Tire on its toes - The Globe and Mail for more details.

"Canadian Tire is racing to improve its ... outdoor and indoor lines"

“Canadian Tire is working at raising its game”

And these quotes from a Crappy CEO:

“We know where we would like to be, and I think Target – any new competitor coming into the country ... will increase our game.”

Regarding the extent of tire sales going to 'foreign players': it “frightened us,” Mr. Wetmore acknowledged.

Hey, maybe they'll even take a look at their return policies, for defective and unsatisfactory goods.

After all, how can Crappy be competitive, if they've got the worst policies of any major Canadian retailers?

Angry CT Guy

The Crappy People who post here say there's no threat from the coming competition from US retailers like Target.

But the Crappy CEO's at least don't have their heads buried in the sand - they are bracing themselves for the coming onslaught

Check out this G&M report:

Prospect of Target’s arrival has Canadian Tire on its toes - The Globe and Mail for more details.

"Canadian Tire is racing to improve its ... outdoor and indoor lines"

“Canadian Tire is working at raising its game”

And these quotes from a Crappy CEO:

“We know where we would like to be, and I think Target – any new competitor coming into the country ... will increase our game.”

Regarding the extent of tire sales going to 'foreign players': it “frightened us,” Mr. Wetmore acknowledged.

Hey, maybe they'll even take a look at their return policies, for defective and unsatisfactory goods.

After all, how can Crappy be competitive, if they've got the worst policies of any major Canadian retailers?

Target's Return Policy SUCKS - Topix

Lots of people just like you in the US too. I wonder how target was able to stay in business? LOL!!!

CT Challenger

Interesting posts about Target.

They operate in the larger US market, and have far greater sales. So, it's expected that they'd have more complaints. No surprise there at all.

Have a look at the specifics of those complaints. Consumers are discussing Target's policies. Some are similar to Crappy Tire. But overall, Target has better policies than Crappy.

Yes, the American consumers are used to far better service than Crappy Tire offers. Imagine how people from, say, Texas would react to a store that only offered Crappy Tire's lame policies.

Yeah, I bet Crappy Tire would lose millions if they tried to pull that off in Texas, LOL!

Angry CT Guy

Interesting posts about Target.

They operate in the larger US market, and have far greater sales. So, it's expected that they'd have more complaints. No surprise there at all.

Have a look at the specifics of those complaints. Consumers are discussing Target's policies. Some are similar to Crappy Tire. But overall, Target has better policies than Crappy.

Yes, the American consumers are used to far better service than Crappy Tire offers. Imagine how people from, say, Texas would react to a store that only offered Crappy Tire's lame policies.

Yeah, I bet Crappy Tire would lose millions if they tried to pull that off in Texas, LOL!

Faker advocate doesn't like it when proven wrong yet again.

Problems with Target Return Store Policy: Complaints, Scam, Problems & Reviews

Lots of whiners like you out there. Luckily the vast majority aren't like you, don't think like you and never will.

CT Challenger

Maclean's Magazine's take on how Crappy will try to fend of the competition:

Canadian Tire

"It all seems like a recipe for retail disaster, particularly as an army of well-oiled U.S. big box chains—Wal-Mart, Home Depot and soon Target—continue their relentless march north of the border."

Owner 1

Be fair
how about the following sentences and paragraphs that indicate it seems like a recipe for disaster...
"BUT IT WORKS!!"
How about the title. "It breaks every rule, and it pays off"
"It's bad in theory, great in practice"
"They have a unique relationship with their customers"
and in closing there’s no reason to think the inverted orange triangle and green maple leaf will disappear from the Canadian landscape anytime soon"

Macleans take on Canadian Tire is clearly a positive one

CTH8R

It's very entertaining to hear the Crappy Tire People whining about how poorly they are treated, here on Canadian Tire Sucks Dot Net.

Are they fair with their return policies? No, these policies are the worst among major Canadian retailers.

Are they fair in the way they inform the public about those policies? No, they hide them and lie about them.

Are they fair towards customers? No, they cheat them in the stores, and lie to them in the stores and on this web site.

But if consumers fail to broadcast the positive aspects of a news story, they start crying, "No Fair!".

Pathetic.

Owner 1

It's very entertaining to hear the Crappy Tire People whining about how poorly they are treated, here on Canadian Tire Sucks Dot Net.

Are they fair with their return policies? No, these policies are the worst among major Canadian retailers.

Are they fair in the way they inform the public about those policies? No, they hide them and lie about them.

Are they fair towards customers? No, they cheat them in the stores, and lie to them in the stores and on this web site.

But if consumers fail to broadcast the positive aspects of a news story, they start crying, "No Fair!".

Pathetic.

It's not about being fair to me, or even our company or that matter. I don't and have never visited a hate canadian tire site expecting handshakes and pats on the back. It is my purpose to understand legitimate customer complaints and see how they can be prevented....LEGITIMATE being a key word, and also to educate consumers and haters alike that there is more then one side to each story being represented here, again despite the fact this is a hate site!

Here's the point about being fair. Represent YOURSELF, and this site in a truthful fashion. That's fair.