CTH8R

Interesting how they fired a bunch of executives (a few weeks before Christmas!), and they still can't get their web store up & running (except for tires), or fix their inventory system. Or integrate the parts store with their service centers (in the same building!).

Yet they continue to blow money on a race track, skating competitions and web apps. Crazy!

Last edited:

Owner 1

Interesting how they fired a bunch of executives (a few weeks before Christmas!), and they still can't get their web store up & running (except for tires), or fix their inventory system. Or integrate the parts store with their service centers (in the same building!).

Yet they continue to blow money on a race track, skating competitions and web apps. Crazy!

That was a weak and strange attempt to connect a bunch of unrelated topics.

What is wrong with the inventory system? specifics please
Is CT attempting to be in the web shopping business?
We have parts stores in our buildings. Every store has a parts department. Of course you knew that, you're an expert in everything Canadian Tire.

CTH8R

It's shocking, just how easily The Moaner gets confused.

Seems they might have figured out how to 'subscribe' to this thread, LOL!

But as for answering their phony questions? They can just look around they own sucky stores, LOL!

(BTW, where's all that 'ecvidence' about every auto battery retailer in all of Canada? LMAO!)

Bushbob

AS I remember, Canadian Tire has tried twice to get their online shopping working and failed each time. At least for now, Canadian Tire just doesn't have the expertise to make it work. Hundreds of other large retail companies seem to do really well with their online shopping.

Online shopping is playing a huge part in all retail sales today.

CTH8R

I wonder what it's like to be one of the executives who got canned, to free up cash for things like olympic sponsorship?

CT Challenger

That was a weak and strange attempt to connect a bunch of unrelated topics.

Oh! Looks like I forgot something, Moaner!

So, where is the evidence of the return policy that you claimed had been changed? You know, the one that now makes it easier for customers to return products without a receipt?

Still waiting for that, too!

LOL!

CT Challenger

Should be interesting to see whether CT's mass-firing of executives helps them in any way deal with the threat of Target and the pumped-up Walmart:

Canadian Tire, Loblaw in 'battle mode' ahead of Target arrival

I'm sure the Crappy Returns person will be by soon to tell us all is well at CT, and these Globe and Mail people are either liars, or don't know as much about retail as they do 'on the front lines', LOL!

Last edited:

CT Challenger

Is this specific enough? And it's posted right on the CT Facebook page, LOL!

Andrew G. Hi Canadian Tire. I have a customer complaint. I was just at your one of your stores in Kitchener (on Ottawa st.) today. I was trying purchase the SunRype 100% Juice that was advertised on your flyer for 4 for $5. I was at the store and i asked the stock person that was there in that aisle if there was any and was none, which was fine. So I went to customer service desk and asked them for a raincheck. So the customer service called up on the computer that product and found out that there was 60 cartons of them in stock. I told the customer service that there was none in stock. They called up the stock room person and found out there was some and told me to go back to the aisle to meet the person there I waited more than 20 mins and no one showed up. So I went back to the customer service and asked them for a raincheck again. and they told me that they will not issue a raincheck if there computer system says if there is some in stock. and they told me to wait some more for the stock stock person to come and give it to me.so i waited for another 10 mins for only the person not to show up again. So I told the customer service that i will come back another day to get it, (Which I will not)

1. So why is your customer product service is so crappy that you guys have to make your customers wait more than 30mins to only find out that your staff is not going to show up.

2. Why is your computer system show the quantity of the product inaccurately? (it showed 60 cartons of juice, when there isn't any)

CT Challenger

Here's an interesting comparison:

Canadian Tire, with 90-something years of history, has been Liked on Facebook 745624 times.

Target Canada, which hasn't even OPENED YET, has been Liked on Faceboook 856484 times.

Ouch!

CT Challenger

Looks like this got missed, when it first came out. 'Leger' had consumers rank retailers in Ontario and Quebec.

People were asked to ranked then on "customer experience dimensions, including product quality, variety, staff courtesy, ambiance and wait time at checkout".

Not surprisingly, people gave Crappy Tire very poor ratings.

They came in at roughly 70th place, LOL! Behind major competitors like Rona, Costco, Home Hardware, Home Depot, Etc.

CT was kind of tied with Sears, but better than Zeller's. Oops! Maybe there's some writing on the wall? LMAO!

Top-rate Retailing: Customer Experience Index results | Marketing Magazine

Last edited:

CTH8R

Speaking of technoolgy, this news story from a recent financial Post calls Canadian Tire, "a latecomer to the technology party compared with its rivals".

It goes on to say that CT "famously killed its online shopping website in 2009 because of low productivity".

Well, regarding inventory, the story says that Canadian Tire, "has no uniform system to track inventory in its stores without a confirmed visual check".

If that isn't sufficiently specific for Mr. Moaner, I'm sure Holly Shaw (Hollie Shaw | Financial Post) would be more than happy to spend a few pleasant hours trying to explain it all to The Moan.

Is CT attempting to be in the web shopping business?
We have parts stores in our buildings. Every store has a parts department.

Funny. Holly must be wrong on this, too, when she quotes Mr. Marrone, chief operating officer at Canadian Tire retail, as saying, "The next digital leap for the corporation will be a cautious launch back into online shopping in the late third or early fourth quarter of this year."

I'm sure Moaner 1 will be chastising this errant COO first thing in the AM!

But I really like this line: "... As Canadian Tire strives to keep its share of the market in the face of larger and more sophisticated players including Target and Walmart".

More here: Canadian Tire to launch digital hub with help of Communitech | Retail & Marketing | News | Financial Post

Last edited:

CTH8R

This customer comment on CT's own Facebook/complaints page kinda summarizes the whole situation:

Gary N. That's not a world record for a ct thread to go off topic from the start, but it's pretty close come on CT get your act into gear before some american company takes you over and sorts it out for the customer!

"LOL Hilarious!"

CT Challenger

There are some stories in the news about various locations of "The Bargain! Shop" closing down.

Will this be good for Canadian Tire, because they will have less competition in the "bargain-basement" market sector they've chosen to enter?

Or is it a sign that the whole 'bargain' retail sector is under pressure, and they will be dragged down the same way?

These are indeed interesting times!

CT Challenger

Interesting article in The Globe:

Priced to sell at Canadian retailers: their real estate holdings - The Globe and Mail

Not that this has much to do with the flagship Red Triangle of Crap stores, but these were my favorite parts:

"the moves smack of financial engineering, where companies try to juice their share prices with moves that have nothing to do with improving their underlying businesses."

"... Stephen Wetmore, the chief executive of Canadian Tire, ... sold a quarter-million Canadian Tire shares from his personal holdings in 2012, missing out on a 30-per-cent rally since then."

Hilarious!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Glen M: I have seen a lot of negative comments about Can Tire stores. Like Can Tire says contact their customer service at the head office. With the growing number of foreign box stores coming to Canada they will listen, they have to or face closures. Can Tire stores are franchises so if enough people complain about a store something will get done.

Owner 1

This should be interesting. Crappy can't even get their existing stores to work right, and now they want to try running a whole new kin of store? Should be hilarious!

Canadian Tire Opens Smaller Express Store - Business Review Canada

LOL Another super analysis by the H8R

Read any business reports today fool? Another strong quarter by CT. Canadian Tire, Marks, Financial, Petroleum, Forzani, all performing well.
It's so much fun coming back here every 3 months after an earnings release to laugh at your stupidity.

Target has lots of stores in Canada now. Why aren't we closing our stores where Target is located? Apparently we can "survive" the US competition.
Wait what did I read about Forzani? Despite closing a ton of Sport Mart and other stores, sales went up. Nice job by a company you claimed was insolvent hahahaha Another of your stellar business analysis moments.

Share prices did what? REIT? Financial Services Partner?

Hey horse1 - Looks like you've got a tough job ahead of you to start removing bricks so that CT will crumble hahahaha

Fools.