Aspie

Was browsing GPS's and found one I want, but if I buy it locally, I can only buy it from Canadian Tire. Guess what, they charge DOUBLE the price then on the manufacturers site.

I'm looking for Magellan eXplorist. $149.99 on the manufacturers website, $299.99 at Canadian Tire. Tonight, I will go and tell them about it and hope they will make me a discount, and I will try and record it with my camera and put it on Youtube. Ha ha!

CT Challenger

Was browsing GPS's and found one I want, but if I buy it locally, I can only buy it from Canadian Tire. Guess what, they charge DOUBLE the price then on the manufacturers site.

I'm looking for Magellan eXplorist. $149.99 on the manufacturers website, $299.99 at Canadian Tire. Tonight, I will go and tell them about it and hope they will make me a discount, and I will try and record it with my camera and put it on Youtube. Ha ha!

First of all, be aware that it has an "exchange only" warranty for only 30 days from Crappy Tire.

Magellan eXplorist GC GPS and Compass | Canadian Tire

That means, the only way you can be guaranteed of a refund is if you return it in unused (original condition and packaging, resellable state) within 30 days.

Also, if it has a manufacturer's defect, you aren't guaranteed to get a refund. Even if you discover that it's a piece of junk, you could easily be stuck with just a replacement, during the 1 year "replacement warranty" through Crappy Tire.

Of course a particular store might be willing to give you a refund, but it's completely at their discretion. Or, they might insist that the package be unopened/sealed, and you are screwed. It's a crap shoot which way a specific store and clerk will go.

And the ratings on this unit aren't very good. Check that out on the link, too, and on other ratings sites.

So, are you really sure you want to buy this from Crappy Tire, even if they will 'price match' for $150?

Maybe try a store with a decent return policy, like Costo or Walmart.

If that doesn't work, maybe try a better-rated unit on Craigslist or eBay or something.

Or buy from Crappy Tire, and just cross your fingers ....

Guest-0276

Posted by an unregistered user

Costo for sure.

Aspie

I will try looking at other stores, and if they don't have it, I'll see if they can get it in.

Last night, I went to Canadian Tire in Sackville before closing and asked about the GPS, the cashier who I asked, just said it was (over there) pointing in the direction of where it is. After I mentioned a few things like that I already looked there and didn't see it, also mentioned that they do carry it and mentioned, well maybe they didn't sell at this store, specifically.

So, she calls out to someone to tells me to go over to auto parts service and some guy answers back to her, she tells him whats going on and then tells me to go over there becuase he knows a bit more about the products. I walk over and tere is no one there, even though I heard someone voice calling back to her. I wait around for a few minutes, a later find the guy in another isle, stocking selves or something. I ask him about the GPS. He walks me over to another isle where the GPS is I'm looking for, they have it, same price as on their website and I tell them about the manufactures price. He calls someone and when e's done, he says that he can't even give me the last sales price becuase they haven't made a profit on it. I usually ave good luck at this store. Everyone I know hates that store and my Dad will usually drive to the next town becuase they never have anything he's looking for.

This product has been out at least 4-5 months, I wonder why no one is buying it from them... Maybe people found out the truth and bought it on-line.

I will go to different store and say the same thing and maybe, they will consider bring the price down (it happened before).

The only reason I won't buy it on-line, is becuase I don't have a credit card. Today, I will check other stores.

Guest-0276

I will try looking at other stores, and if they don't have it, I'll see if they can get it in.

Last night, I went to Canadian Tire in Sackville before closing and asked about the GPS, the cashier who I asked, just said it was (over there) pointing in the direction of where it is. After I mentioned a few things like that I already looked there and didn't see it, also mentioned that they do carry it and mentioned, well maybe they didn't sell at this store, specifically.

So, she calls out to someone to tells me to go over to auto parts service and some guy answers back to her, she tells him whats going on and then tells me to go over there becuase he knows a bit more about the products. I walk over and tere is no one there, even though I heard someone voice calling back to her. I wait around for a few minutes, a later find the guy in another isle, stocking selves or something. I ask him about the GPS. He walks me over to another isle where the GPS is I'm looking for, they have it, same price as on their website and I tell them about the manufactures price. He calls someone and when e's done, he says that he can't even give me the last sales price becuase they haven't made a profit on it. I usually ave good luck at this store. Everyone I know hates that store and my Dad will usually drive to the next town becuase they never have anything he's looking for.

This product has been out at least 4-5 months, I wonder why no one is buying it from them... Maybe people found out the truth and bought it on-line.

I will go to different store and say the same thing and maybe, they will consider bring the price down (it happened before).

The only reason I won't buy it on-line, is becuase I don't have a credit card. Today, I will check other stores.

No details. Another fake post! Don't forget to donate at the top.

Guest-0367

So, she calls out to someone to tells me to go over to auto parts service ...

The model you want isn't an in-car model. Look in the sports section.

But not at Crappy Tire, LOL!