CT Challenger

Lately we are hearing more and more about the cases where Crappy Tire owners and employees have been charged and convicted of various thefts and frauds, and found guilty of violating various legislation, such as privacy laws.

This is both ironic and hypocritical, given the attempts by the Crappy People to portray their customers as "scammers", "thieves" and "robbers".

One that has been drawing a lot of attention is Order P05-01, against Store #353 in Kelowna (i.e., Keith Gostlin of K.E. Gostlin Enterprises Limited):

http://www.oipc.bc.ca/PIPAOrders/2005/OrderP05-01.pdf

The Crappy People like to call this a ‘victory’ for the Crappy Tire store that was investigated, since it was permitted to collect a customer’s name, address and telephone number before processing a return.

What the Crappy People always forget to mention, is that the store also asked for her date of birth, which the Commissioner confirmed was not necessary information for providing a refund. Similarly, it was also confirmed that a driver’s license number is not necessary, and should not be collected, although photo ID could be required to verify identity (although it must not be collected).

The Crappy People also fail to mention that the Crappy Tires store was refusing refunds unless the customer agreed to allow personal information to be collected for the purpose of “satisfaction surveys”, and this was found to not be necessary. Crappy Tire “cannot refuse to proceed with a refund transaction if the individual declines to give personal information for the purpose of being contacted by telephone”.

The Commissioner also discovered that Crappy Tire was retaining customer’s personal information indefinitely, and “the organization is required to destroy personal information” within a reasonable time.

Finally, regarding the printed notices (the ones Crappy Tire makes such a big deal about) were inadequate and needed to “be clarified”.

Hardly a glowing review, LOL!

CT Me / Lawguy

Posted by an unregistered user
Lately we are hearing more and more about the cases where Crappy Tire owners and employees have been charged and convicted of various thefts and frauds, and found guilty of violating various legislation, such as privacy laws.

This is both ironic and hypocritical, given the attempts by the Crappy People to portray their customers as "scammers", "thieves" and "robbers".

One that has been drawing a lot of attention is Order P05-01, against Store #353 in Kelowna (i.e., Keith Gostlin of K.E. Gostlin Enterprises Limited):

http://www.oipc.bc.ca/PIPAOrders/2005/OrderP05-01.pdf

The Crappy People like to call this a ‘victory’ for the Crappy Tire store that was investigated, since it was permitted to collect a customer’s name, address and telephone number before processing a return.

What the Crappy People always forget to mention, is that the store also asked for her date of birth, which the Commissioner confirmed was not necessary information for providing a refund. Similarly, it was also confirmed that a driver’s license number is not necessary, and should not be collected, although photo ID could be required to verify identity (although it must not be collected).

The Crappy People also fail to mention that the Crappy Tires store was refusing refunds unless the customer agreed to allow personal information to be collected for the purpose of “satisfaction surveys”, and this was found to not be necessary. Crappy Tire “cannot refuse to proceed with a refund transaction if the individual declines to give personal information for the purpose of being contacted by telephone”.

The Commissioner also discovered that Crappy Tire was retaining customer’s personal information indefinitely, and “the organization is required to destroy personal information” within a reasonable time.

Finally, regarding the printed notices (the ones Crappy Tire makes such a big deal about) were inadequate and needed to “be clarified”.

Hardly a glowing review, LOL!

LMAO This makes my Sunday. One that has been drawing a lot of attention? hahahaha oh yes people are just flocking to read about a case file from 6 years ago where no fine or penalty was imposed AGAIN.
By the way, while you noted the two things that they asked this particular store to correct, you conventiently failed to mention the two preceding notations;

[105] In light of the above findings, under s. 52 of PIPA I make the following orders:
1. I confirm that the organization, K.E. Gostlin Enterprises Limited, is in compliance with s. 11 respecting its collection and use of personal information for the purposes, as discussed above, of fraud and loss prevention, customer satisfaction follow-up and refund error management and confirm its decision to collect and use personal information for those purposes,
2. I confirm that the organization, K.E. Gostlin Enterprises Limited, is in compliance with s. 7(2) respecting its collection and use of personal information for the purpose, as discussed above, of fraud and loss prevention and refund error management and confirm its decision to collect and use personal information for those purposes,

In compliance with collection and use of personal information .... Just saying

So how about you have a nice warm mug of STFU har har

I might also mention that owning a business, this is the standard stuff we go through every week, every month, every year. Could be safety audits, documentation audits, facility audits, financial audits, audits for collection of fees... the list goes on and on. So really if you're digging up a couple of investigations conducted per year, when collectively we would face thousands, literally thousands of various audits across the Country, you're not really finding too much.

The best of the bunch though is that you're now digging up files on employees charged with theft from stores. What the heck does that have to do with anything? Employees steal shit all the time unfortunately. If you're naive enough to believe only Canadian Tire is victim to these internal thefts, you're truly truly not very bright. Since you've mastered the fine art of Google searches, how about this. Dig up a few cases of employee theft from Walmart, Home Depot, Shoppers Drug Mart etc... they won't be hard to find.

Continue all you wish to try to paint Canadian Tire as some kind of unique exception. Where the stuff we do and see every day doesn't happen anywhere else. we all have the same challenges. YOu're just too blind to recognize or acknowledge that your findings are clouded by your hate for this company, not by what really goes on!

CTH8R

From https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152540164536329&id=665441328

Neil P.:

So
In mid July I went to pick up a canoe and electric motor I bought from Whitby South location
I made a rack to put it on that goes on top of my pick up
Basically, their employees loaded the canoe on top of this cradle and the rear employee was holding the back too high making the front scratch the roof of my truck 5 times
The paint was flaked up on some of the scratches. The manager took pictures and forwarded them on to the claims department
That guy basically offered a $10 colour match paint bottle. I did say alright and he said I would need to pick it up at the store and sign a "full and final release". The more I thought about it, the more I thought this wasn't right , then got an estimate from a auto body company who says it needs to be repainted that came in at just over a $1000
I phoned the claims guy back and he flatly says they aren't paying for it, that we had an agreement on the colour match bottle ( I still haven't picked it up or signed anything) he says " go through my insurance and if they want to pursue us they can"
So that is the customer service I got from Canadian Tire Company
I emailed the company as well but got no response.
I don't think I should have to go through my insurance since they loaded the canoe and they didn't take any precaution not to scratch my truck.
What do you think?
Who knows the procedure /costs of small claims court?

CTH8R

Neil .P:

Don't "like " it too quick Ms Nagy
I called customer service and spoke to them again - this time 45 minutes
At the end of the call even though the representative was nice and friendly and all
She informed me that the issue had gone to insurance and was beyond "customer service" capabilities since it was property damage
So basically Canadian Tire has made the decision to not pay for the damage their employees have caused my vehicle and that is it