Guest-0164

Posted by an unregistered user
Your atrocious grammar is a reasonable complaint. It's offensive to the eyes and the intellect.
Based on the way you express yourself, I'd have to conclude you're the one with a sub-average IQ. Spelling and grammar aren't rocket science.

Well since you have such an incredible intelect and high IQ how about actually responding to the post instead of rippin on peoples grammar

Guest-0196

Well since you have such an incredible intelect and high IQ how about actually responding to the post instead of rippin on peoples grammar

I already made comments about the post itself long ago. How about improving yourself and learning how to spell and put together coherent sentences, rather than sit and bitch about people complaining about your beloved chain store.

Guest-0164

I already made comments about the post itself long ago. How about improving yourself and learning how to spell and put together coherent sentences, rather than sit and bitch about people complaining about your beloved chain store.

Again with the spelling thing. I deeply sorry poor spelling on an internet blog bothers you... i will endevor to do better in the future. However you still havn't given any valid points... Other than spelling and grammar issues.

Guest-0196

Again with the spelling thing. I deeply sorry poor spelling on an internet blog bothers you... i will endevor to do better in the future. However you still havn't given any valid points... Other than spelling and grammar issues.

You can't build a house without a solid foundation. I refuse to take anyone seriously who can't spell or put together a sentence.

First of all the "whiz kids" are trained service technicains just like anywhere else. These stories of CT having untrained kids doing mechanic work is simply Bull Shit. As bad as you people think CT is they are still a business and operate as such. And the oil filters are not the highest quality filters around however it is true that nothing was wrong with them. A "temporary stop sales" notice was placed on them while they quality tested a batch becaasue of customer complaints (yes when customers complain CT does react and try to resolve the issue). After investigating the "issue" it was determined that noting was wrong except that people were installing them wrong, primarily crossthreading them (how ever there was an instance where the customer crushed the side putting it on). Now maybe the side wall of say a Fram is stronger and maybe they are harder to cross thread but you pay 6 bucks for a motomaster and 12 for a fram you get what you pay for and there are many people who are happy to buy a cheap filter and take proper carre to install them correctly. Now think of it this was... my one store alone sells thousands of filters a year and has for many years if they were really that bad or had a major defect youd here about it on the news not on a blog site

I'm glad CT had the parts to recall or pull off the shelf certain filters that they were having problems with. I have changed litterly hundreds of oil filters in my life time and only had one leak, I didn't notice the little gasket had remained on the block, my fault and it wasn't a CT filter. If you change your oil at 5000 km or miles a CT filter will do just fine, I'd definatly go for Quaker State or some other leading brand of oil and not that CT junk but their filters have done right by me. Most of the filter paper for most of the filters produced in North America come from one of two plants and they're not much differant. I'm anything but a CT fan and would emagine the problem is with instalation. Sorry but CT is full of (Whiz kids) that have been trained by licenced mechanics that couldn't find a job elsewhere. So like the man said "You get what you pay for" When I catch some clown heating a tie rod end with a torch because his grease gun is pluged (Whiz kid) is not the term I use.

Guest-0225

Jobmate, for information, manuals, parts et al. can be found @ 1-866-jobmate...
Warning though when I called to ask for the manual on my paticular tool, I was asked for my email address and told "it would take a day or so". Which is fair... I guess!? Though when I asked if they had a web address (all this after a very exhaustive search to find one), the operator told me that he didn't know!! Didn't know?!?!!

Hope the contact number helps you'ze, and keep your eyes on your fries!
TooTawlPawl

TooTawlPawl

Jobmate, for information, manuals, parts et al. can be found @ 1-866-jobmate...
Warning though when I called to ask for the manual on my paticular tool, I was asked for my email address and told "it would take a day or so". Which is fair... I guess!? Though when I asked if they had a web address (all this after a very exhaustive search to find one), the operator told me that he didn't know!! Didn't know?!?!!

Hope the contact number helps you'ze, and keep your eyes on your fries!
TooTawlPawl

Yeah... should've reg'd first!:rolleyes:

R

RSLed

I got an 18V JobMate cordless drill combo with flashlight, two batteries and a charger for Father's Day in 2006. Four years later the thing is still working very well, though the batteries are starting to lose their charge more quickly.

Truly, you get what you pay for. You simply cannot expect Makita or Dewalt quality when buying a $30 cordless drill (in my case the combo cost $50). If you are more than a weekend warrior in the workshop, pay for qualtiy and quality is what you'll get. I also have a Concept brand mitre saw from Rona that I paid $130 for (compound mitre saw, 12" slide) and it's still going strong.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I also don't enter into such purchases with high expectations.

G

Gunslinger

Re: Jobmate drill and pressure washer

I purchased a 18v dual battery jobmate drill about three months ago, I've used it maybe a total of 4hrs and its now toast. Everytime I use it the body will start to smoke and get very hot, because I did not keep track of my receipt I'm stuck with it. The other complaint is with a pressure washer purchased two years ago, I am now on my third adjustable wand end, at $40 per replacement the unit is now edging its way up to the cost of good name brand product. My warning to anyone reading this post is to expect nothing but problems when purchasing a jobmate product from ctc, also dealing with the customer service reps can also be very aggravating, as they tend to be moody and constantly in a pissy mood. (My experience, may not be typical of all csr's but in my instances of late yes.)

So in closing, if you purchase anything from ctc keep the bill, and fight till you get whats your's.

Guest-0164

Re: Jobmate drill and pressure washer

I purchased a 18v dual battery jobmate drill about three months ago, I've used it maybe a total of 4hrs and its now toast. Everytime I use it the body will start to smoke and get very hot, because I did not keep track of my receipt I'm stuck with it. The other complaint is with a pressure washer purchased two years ago, I am now on my third adjustable wand end, at $40 per replacement the unit is now edging its way up to the cost of good name brand product. My warning to anyone reading this post is to expect nothing but problems when purchasing a jobmate product from ctc, also dealing with the customer service reps can also be very aggravating, as they tend to be moody and constantly in a pissy mood. (My experience, may not be typical of all csr's but in my instances of late yes.)

So in closing, if you purchase anything from ctc keep the bill, and fight till you get whats your's.

Cost of a good brand name product????? 3 wands at 40 per wand = $120. A good pressure washer starts at around $700 (and i stress starts). I suggest you stop droping your wand on the ground, it will last longer :)

D

darrylljones

Re: Jobmate and canadian tire.

Jobmates quality may not be the best, but Canadian tire will give you no support with any replacement parts. Trying to find carbon brushes for my mitre saw, what a pain in the arse. I will never buy anything from canadian tire again.

Guest-0303

I'm surprised that no one has posted in here yet. Jobmate is a Canadian Tire specific brand. AND, it SUCKS!! Very poor quality items for the most part. Extremely cheap in every way!

I purchased a Jobmate Air compressor combo kit a couple of years back and I didnt use it much except than to inflate the tires of my bicycles ect,few months ago the compressor was not retaining air and when I opened it up I saw one of the brass connectors were cracked and air was leaking out I took the brass connector to Canadian Tire-Sheepard and Leslie, and they were clueless about this they went thruogh thei inventory and found nothin-Is this this the way a a major Dept Store should function? they shoud carry the parts for number of years even if the product is dicountinued,I took this part to many other stores to get it but wasted my time,as Jobmate is a Canadian tire specific brand-I would have thrown the compressor to the garbage if I had used this continously.
I fotunately had the manual of the product and called customer service and they said that they will ship the part to me free of charge,after many calls to the customer service -1866 562 6283 and after speaking to many reps.I receive the wrong part.............Again I called them and now they promised me to send the correct part,I am keeping my fingers crossed,.Canadain Tire wake up!!!!!!!!keep your customers Happy,

Guest-0309

JOBMATE and CTC both suck.. I have a Jobmate combo drill wet/dry vac, just over a year old and comes with 2 batterries. BOTH batteries are dead and I cannot get replacments. I called job mate and you guessed it, if it's over a year they will do NOTHING, if still under a year they said they would replace the unit. I asked if I could purchase replacement batteries and they said NO, they don't have any and don't STOCK any. It was suggested that I go to a battery manufacture and try to purchase a similar battery. CTC were NO help whatsoever. Yet again the complete unit drill, vac and 2 batteries originally cost me about $70.00 and a replacement battery is about $50.00. So essentially JOBMATE and CTC are contributing to our vast waste by building and selling disposable product because it is cheaper to buy a new replacement and now all these OLD units end up in a dumpsite. WHAT A FRICKIN WASTE. In this day and age of environmental concerns you might think both CTC and JOBMATE would be more environmentally concious.....

Guest-0313

Some times the use of COMMON SENSE is required here.. Ever heard of the term YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR?

There is a reason JOBMATE has a 1 year manufacturing warranty and LIFETIME warranty on mastercraft handheld nonelectronical tools.

That LIFETIME warrant isn't worth the paper it is written on.
I had a socket completely wear itself out on the inside - as in strip itself clean. All I was doing was removing 1/4" hex screws from my RV (read - extremely soft metal screws that are sunk into wood), not trying to remove rusted up bolts.

I thought "weird, but no problem... I"ll just exchange it since it has a LIFETIME warranty."

Silly me... the bimbo at the return desk looks at the sock... frowns.. and then spends about 10 minutes going through the computer to find a clause to get out of exchanging this simple, not that expensive tool. Eureka... she finds a clause that says normal wear and tear is not covered. EXCUSE me? My dad has sockets that are over 50 years old... he made his living with them and they are perfectly serviceable. Did any ever fail... yes... when abusing them...
Anyway... this "tool expert" (her name tag had Sports Department on it so she must be well qualified) said that if it broke she could give me a new one, but it just wore out....
Sears sold a nice Craftsman socket that night....

I will never buy a Jobmate or Mastercraft product again because of this lame policy. If they have a good price on a "brand name" tool, I'll happily buy that.

To be fair... I did buy a "brand name" electric power washer.... used it about 8-10 hours & the sucker started popping the breaker, wouldn't shut off properly... in other words just wasn't working close to right. Was still within the 30 days... after some song and dance about how I should have called the manufacturer I was allowed to exchange it and upgraded to a gas model. I did leave the store happy that day because the manager in returns (housewares manager this time) worked to resolve my issue while still staying withing the "rules" that she was tied down with.

Guest-0325

I purchased a Jobmate Air compressor combo kit a couple of years back and I didnt use it much except than to inflate the tires of my bicycles ect,few months ago the compressor was not retaining air and when I opened it up I saw one of the brass connectors were cracked and air was leaking out I took the brass connector to Canadian Tire-Sheepard and Leslie, and they were clueless about this they went thruogh thei inventory and found nothin-Is this this the way a a major Dept Store should function? they shoud carry the parts for number of years even if the product is dicountinued,I took this part to many other stores to get it but wasted my time,as Jobmate is a Canadian tire specific brand-I would have thrown the compressor to the garbage if I had used this continously.
I fotunately had the manual of the product and called customer service and they said that they will ship the part to me free of charge,after many calls to the customer service -1866 562 6283 and after speaking to many reps.I receive the wrong part.............Again I called them and now they promised me to send the correct part,I am keeping my fingers crossed,.Canadain Tire wake up!!!!!!!!keep your customers Happy,

Don't you think there is a problem with our society when a store is able to convince us to buy a cheap air compressor (that we KNOW will likely break down sooner than later) instead of a more durable manual bicycle pump? How many times a year does the average person need an air compressor? Manual pumps easily accomplish the simple jobs our parents and grandparents had no problem doing .

Guest-0325

JOBMATE and CTC both suck.. I have a Jobmate combo drill wet/dry vac, just over a year old and comes with 2 batterries. BOTH batteries are dead and I cannot get replacments. I called job mate and you guessed it, if it's over a year they will do NOTHING, if still under a year they said they would replace the unit. I asked if I could purchase replacement batteries and they said NO, they don't have any and don't STOCK any. It was suggested that I go to a battery manufacture and try to purchase a similar battery. CTC were NO help whatsoever. Yet again the complete unit drill, vac and 2 batteries originally cost me about $70.00 and a replacement battery is about $50.00. So essentially JOBMATE and CTC are contributing to our vast waste by building and selling disposable product because it is cheaper to buy a new replacement and now all these OLD units end up in a dumpsite. WHAT A FRICKIN WASTE. In this day and age of environmental concerns you might think both CTC and JOBMATE would be more environmentally concious.....

We created this monster by pouring over their fliers looking for the best deal. It's simple economics: if we demand it, they supply it. AKA Greed!!

Guest-0331

Anyway... this "tool expert" (her name tag had Sports Department on it so she must be well qualified) said that if it broke she could give me a new one, but it just wore out.....

Next time put the socket in a vice and drive a cold chisel into it's mouth until it breaks, then return it.