S

sickintired

I'm surprised that no one has posted in here yet. Jobmate is a Canadian Tire specific brand. AND, it SUCKS!! Very poor quality items for the most part. Extremely cheap in every way!

So you want a quality tool but you want are to cheap to by high end. YOU GET WHAT YA PAY FOR DOUCHE. You want Dewalt for the price of jobmate? Give your head a shake cheap ass

Guest-0332

Posted by an unregistered user
Here's the best example why Canadian Tire Sucks

The carry their own line of cheap crap tools called JOBMATE
I received this tool for a father's day gift this year 2008
This tool will NOT shut OFF! The switch is stuck in the on position!
Very dangerous and very unsafe.
I called CTC for help and they said call the number in my owners manual!!!
I threw that crap out with the box it came in!
After on hold for 7 minutes I got a number from the store clerk 1800 689 9928 CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS he gave me a number for a NON WORKING MERCHANT SERVICES? Now I'm back on hold trying to get the number again!!!
Finally I got JOBMATE number 1 866 562 6283
Upon speaking with the customer service rep (BARB) I was told no receipt no
warranty!
And after 1 year too bad!!
Wait a minute this is a safety issue.! This is no difference than purchasing a vehicle long after the warranty is over and having a seat belt that wont disengage !
Sorry even if it catches on fire and burns your house down your out of luck!
Now I have a number for JIN DING the manufacturer 1866 349 8665 ext 203
which is now looking into the matter
What a bunch of crap!

Soooooooooooooooo, must be nice for a person like you to have the f@#%$ time to write a novel about a broken tool. And you must be the type of person that writes about all his/her life problems on line and actually doesn't have a life.
So are ya whining to Walmart? Costco? Damn, get a life..... maybe your a crappy father... My son loves me, I got a Dewalt................ boob

Guest-0332

I'm surprised that no one has posted in here yet. Jobmate is a Canadian Tire specific brand. AND, it SUCKS!! Very poor quality items for the most part. Extremely cheap in every way!

So MAYBE don't buy it and don't be so damn cheap.... idiot

Guest-0393

Yes I would sue them both. I drove a tow truck for years and that guy that towed your car was an idiot with no respect. wouldnt matter if your car went to Kingston that is the job he chose to do and he get paid to do it!!! . And as for Canadian Tire I have been dealing with them many many years and everytime I into a store it just makes me sick the bull I go through with warranty and parts. As for the mechanic shops they have I would not let them fix my Granddaughters tricycle. Good luck keep us posted with the ABC Towing we can bash them next.

Guest-0400

I only buy jobmate when I know its a tool I have a one time use for, or for something that I expect a normal Mastercraft/DeWalt product to fail on. Good Example : I make a living with heatguns. I do window tint on cars, and I'm constantly burning them out. It really doesn't matter the brand, if you use a device 5+ hours a day, it WILL die. I don't expect warranty service from DeWalt or anyone really.... I abuse them.

But a DeWalt or Mastercraft model is 99+. If you wait for the sales, the similar JobMate is 9.99-19.99 depending. Last time they were on for 9.99 I bought 15 of them. On average, a JobMate will last about half as long as a MasterCraft, no denying it. But for the price, no one cares. You dont expect your Chevy Aveo to last as long as a BMW 330, and you shouldn't be expecting the same thing from your tools.

Be reasonable people

CT Me / Lawguy

a couple years ago I bought a Jobmate rotary tool (Like a dremel) for i think 9 bucks on sale at the tire. the next week i bought an accessory kit with every blade, wheel, stone etc.. you can imagine, i think it's like 600 pcs and cost about 14 bucks, regular 90. So for less then 25 bucks about 1/10th the cost of a dremel i have five times the accessories and the tool. Has never failed. I've cut abs, copper, various metals and plastics, polished things, sanded things, cut off wheel, grinder it was a great buy

can't be all bad at the tire

D

drj

JobMate is ok it is a cheap tool some good some not.
My kids gave me a JobMate 18V cordless drill about 8 years ago and for the first two years I used it all day every day. no problem except the lube smells from the brushes arcing. I still use it now and then when my Porter Cable which is about 15 years old is in need of charging. and the JobMate still works, So does the JobMate Skill saw they gave me years ago. But when my wife bought a JM 120 piece tool set I threw them out right away. they look cheep. feel cheep and the case was even a piece of crap.
On the other hand CTC pro or Maxxum wrenches and tools are great and I have never had a problem. And when they are on sale which is every week the deal is even better than sears.
CTC auto service sucks and they are stretching it to even call it that. But there again ..... find decent honest reliable auto service anywhere anymor and your lucky.

K

Kaotic_Fear

Since when is "Fram" a country or "China" a brand? And there was nothing wrong with the oil filters. You conveniently didn't mention they were found to have no problems and were simply being installed incorrectly.

Moron Ahoy!

He was stating that the oil filters were Chinese, not North American.

generally Chinese items lack in the quality department. And for something so vital to your car, it's a little important to use a good quality part.

And if you are in fact a CT manager. . . I thought managers for a large store needed something more than "grade 3 in McDonald's academy" to work there. apparently I was wrong.

Guest-0410

My brother took his car in to get the brakes bled, basic 10-minute procedure right? wrong.

They had him wait 4 hours, and in the end, they snipped his lines! and charged him $400!

CT Me / Lawguy

My brother took his car in to get the brakes bled, basic 10-minute procedure right? wrong.

They had him wait 4 hours, and in the end, they snipped his lines! and charged him $400!

Something is rotten in Denmark with this one. Why did he bring his car in for a brake bleed. they only need bleeding after a service like removing a caliper or something. you don't just routinely bring them in to bleed them. did he do his own work or something and then needs the bleed ? i believe there to be more then the story you're telling. secondly how do they snip a brake line? when a mechanic drives a car out of a shop into the parking lot, he has to stop the car too. so you think he cut the line and drove it out? suicide mechanic haha

DavidLeR

Jobmate is one of those 'store brands' that is manufactured for Canadian Tire, to Canadian Tire's standards, which for these tools is all about keeping costs down.

Every time I bought a Jobmate tool, it would let me down after a few uses, so I stopped buying the brand altogether.

Somebody gave me a Jobmate tool kit. I gave it to a young lady as a house-warming gift when she moved into an off-campus rental - at least she'd have some kind of tools, in a pinch.

You get what you paid for - which isn't much with these tools.

Angry CT Guy

Jobmate is one of those 'store brands' that is manufactured for Canadian Tire, to Canadian Tire's standards, which for these tools is all about keeping costs down.

Every time I bought a Jobmate tool, it would let me down after a few uses, so I stopped buying the brand altogether.

Somebody gave me a Jobmate tool kit. I gave it to a young lady as a house-warming gift when she moved into an off-campus rental - at least she'd have some kind of tools, in a pinch.

You get what you paid for - which isn't much with these tools.

Yep, these are for the occasional user at best. Still carry a 1 year warranty, but not the quality, thus the price. I still use the jobmate drill I got 8 years ago, but only use it once in a blue moon. You get what you pay for.

CT Challenger

Still carry a 1 year warranty, but not the quality, thus the price.

Too bad for CT that the other retailers provide a refund if they are unsatisfied, even for similar products. I guess those stores figure it's worth having a slightly higher price, but fewer angry customers.

And, or course, Ontario laws (plus other provinces) require the retailer to provide a refund for a defective product, regarless of what the store's policy is (although that's only a real issue with Crappy Tire).

See this tread for references, and your provincial ministry:

"https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...aints-chat/707-sale-goods-act-6.html#post3613"

Angry CT Guy

Too bad for CT that the other retailers provide a refund if they are unsatisfied, even for similar products. I guess those stores figure it's worth having a slightly higher price, but fewer angry customers.

And, or course, Ontario laws (plus other provinces) require the retailer to provide a refund for a defective product, regarless of what the store's policy is (although that's only a real issue with Crappy Tire).

See this tread for references, and your provincial ministry:

"https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...aints-chat/707-sale-goods-act-6.html#post3613"

Wrong again Einstein....nothing in the Sale of Goods Act says a refund must be given....a repair is quite adequate.
I'm starting to think you don't have much of an education and have trouble comprehending simple statements and their meaning.
You should know that you are easy to disprove.....just read any link on this site to see how often it's been done. Your credibility is zero.

CT Challenger

All the fake rep has left are lies and insults.

Don't take their word of any store reps or fakes on consumer law.

Therei's lots of good informaton on laws for defective products here:

Call your consumer's ministry for details. They'll tell you that you don't need to settle for a repair.

A list of frequently told CT Lies can be found here:

"https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...y-do-ct-defenders-post-so-many-lies-here.html"

Angry CT Guy

All the fake rep has left are lies and insults.

Don't take their word of any store reps or fakes on consumer law.

Therei's lots of good informaton on laws for defective products here:

Call your consumer's ministry for details. They'll tell you that you don't need to settle for a repair.

A list of frequently told CT Lies can be found here:

"https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...y-do-ct-defenders-post-so-many-lies-here.html"

By all means call.....please call.....know for yourself how much the faker advocates opinion is worth...zippo.
She would have had even 1 example of CTC or any other retailer having policies contravening the CPA or SOGA by now.....I mean it's only been SIX years since the apparent last update of the CPA....lol, Hilarious!

CT Challenger

By all means call.....please call.....know for yourself how much the faker advocates opinion is worth...zippo.
She would have had even 1 example of CTC or any other retailer having policies contravening the CPA or SOGA by now.....I mean it's only been SIX years since the apparent last update of the CPA....lol, Hilarious!

No, the fake rep just isn't trying! Where's the "oomph" that used to drive up the views, and clicks on the Donate button?

Next time, maybe the fake rep should try another falsified report of an actual call, instead of just repeating what the Consumers have been advising? Pretty lame.

They should keep trying though - maybe the crowds will come back, and the owners of this sites will seem their income going back up.

Angry CT Guy

No, the fake rep just isn't trying! Where's the "oomph" that used to drive up the views, and clicks on the Donate button?

Next time, maybe the fake rep should try another falsified report of an actual call, instead of just repeating what the Consumers have been advising? Pretty lame.

They should keep trying though - maybe the crowds will come back, and the owners of this sites will seem their income going back up.

Don't forget to donate. Button's right at the top of this post beside what's new.